« Excellence Crushed in the Name of Diversity | Main | The Real Story of Thanksgiving »

November 25, 2010

Mental Ward Loses Appeal

Posted by Van Helsing at November 25, 2010 10:28 AM

Among the many things we have to be thankful for this Thanksgiving: hebephrenically anti-American professor Ward Churchill — who denounced those who died during the Muslim atrocities of September 11 as "Little Eichmanns" — has lost an appeal in his effort to sue his way back into the classroom:

The Colorado Court of Appeals … court ruled that Denver District Judge Larry Naves was right to direct a verdict in favor of the university and to find that the university was entitled to "quasi-judicial immunity."
"We conclude that the nature of the decision reached by the university and its regents, and the process by which that decision was reached, shared enough characteristics with the judicial process to warrant absolute immunity from liability," states the opinion from Judge Dennis Graham, who was writing for the Court of Appeals.

Churchill was fired not for the obscene sentiments he so noisily expressed, but for plagiarism and fraud. However,

Churchill's lawyer, David Lane, said he will try to convince the Colorado Supreme Court to take up the case. He predicted the case could eventually end up before the U.S. Supreme Court.

He ought to hold back until Comrade Obama makes one more appointment to the Supremes, tilting the court into hard core moonbattery. Then again, if another seat opens up, Churchill might forget about teaching; no doubt the media would celebrate the nomination of the first faux-Indian justice.

ward churchill
Not headed back to the classroom just yet.

On a tip from Graycat.

Comments

Ward Chruchill is a blabbering pinhead and so is his lawyer two peas on a pod and i hope he loses everything

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at November 25, 2010 10:40 AM

Mental Ward is obscene, incompetent, ignorant and dishonest. May he never see a classroom ever again.

Posted by: SBVOR at November 25, 2010 11:07 AM

Great Headline! Made my day so far! Hahaha!

Posted by: Ummah Gummah at November 25, 2010 11:59 AM

If the Republicans are serious in 2012 they better make the SCOTUS a major campaign issue.

We definitely do not need this college-fed Ward Eichmann on our SCOTUS!

And I wouldn't put it past the Bama to appoint this guy either.

If he doesn't appoint Bill Ayers first.

Posted by: Ummah Gummah at November 25, 2010 12:02 PM

Posted by: deepred at November 25, 2010 7:09 PM

Thank you for this. Made my day also!

Posted by: cthelight at November 26, 2010 4:36 AM

Great ruling but I wonder, how does one become such a person as Ward C.

Posted by: Thom at November 26, 2010 6:44 AM

deepred, yeah it is, but Mental Ward (Great nickname, btw) is still trying to gain sympathy by claiming that it's REALLY all about the "Little Eichmanns" speech, so then he can go into a "I'm being silenced for my beliefs, waaaah, waaaaah, waaaah" rant.
I believe the plagiarism/ fraud charges stem from 1) His apparently plagiarizing certain paintings that he tried to pass off as his own, and 2) His articles/ dissertations on history containing some blatantly false information he tried to pass off as historical fact.

Posted by: Adam at November 26, 2010 8:09 AM

In a just world, Ward Churchill would be provided a loincloth and teepee and sent to Pine Ridge.

Posted by: Kermit at November 26, 2010 8:29 AM

RE: Posted by: deepred at November 25, 2010 7:09 PM

Deep Red goes deep intp "Thread Winner" territory with, "Fired for plagiarism and fraud? That's like Al Capone going to prison for income tax evasion."

Posted by: TonyD95B at November 26, 2010 9:55 AM

RE: Posted by: deepred at November 25, 2010 7:09 PM

Deep Red goes deep into "Thread Winner" territory with, "Fired for plagiarism and fraud? That's like Al Capone going to prison for income tax evasion."

Dry, my friend......very dry.

Posted by: TonyD95B at November 26, 2010 9:56 AM

WTF......how did that post like that? Too much coffee this morning.....

Posted by: TonyD95B at November 26, 2010 9:58 AM

One of the blatantly false "facts" he passed on was the old chestnut about the US Army giving Indians blankets infected with smallpox so we could wipe them out with disease.

Imagine my surprise when I was watching a TV show from CBS called Jericho when a black character brought that up as fact.

Posted by: TrickleUpPolitics at November 26, 2010 10:07 AM

RE: Posted by: TrickleUpPolitics at November 26, 2010 10:07 AM

Yeah, isn't that amazing, TUP - The Army apparently knew how smallpox was spread before the doctors and scientists knew.

Sometimes the Liberal narrative is, shall we say, "Chronologically Challenged......"

Kinda like the Lefties that say G.W. Bush got a "free ride" in college and in the Air Guard because, "his daddy was President"......

.....yeah, twenty-plus years later.

Why'd you waste your time watching "Jericho?" It was a cool premise - but you had to know d#mn well hollywood would use that storyline to push it's anti-American agenda.

Even AMCs "The Walking Dead" has started veering left on us in the last episode or so.

Then again, I used to love "The X Files" (and not just so I could look at Agent Scully / Gillian Anderson, although that helped). The whole thing with the perpetual massive conspiracy / shadow government actually dragged the show down a bit, but it was still fun.

And did I mention Gillian Anderson?

Posted by: TonyD95B at November 26, 2010 2:54 PM

Even the moonbattiest of Native American moonbats (found on Indianz.com) often talk about what a fake Indian this guy is! The link tho was priceless!! (mmmm.... too bad we don't have a similarly documented link to a certain famous Kenyan)

Posted by: Ex-bat at November 26, 2010 4:49 PM

in a just world???

yall would be in the sewer(y, compost and pollution clean up bizniz). I am a repatriot big time. all whities back to the EU, my program is ultraconservative too, all bibles and Qurans back to the desert. Blacks to africa. Housing henceforth in trees. interpaganetiqette.

tried posting an even better rant here:

Posted by: piet at November 27, 2010 6:39 AM

hey, and another thing A**holes! yall got long lasting extra effect blankets DU 'enrichted ammo now and want to deny using blankets as earlier iterations of the very same 'freedom' vector. Listen to yourselves for just a moment i beseech thee.

Posted by: piet at November 27, 2010 6:47 AM

I'm watching Jericho on the basis of a recommendation by Jodie who posts here. I have watched the first four discs and I am enjoying it. Knowing that it is a network show, my expectations were not high but it has exceeded them. I read Alas, Babylon when I was in high school and it made a big impact on me. The movie On the Beach had a similar impact.

The premise of the Charleton Heston movie The Omega Man was scary-and it has those darned zombies again. The Walking Dead is fun so far even though we had to meet The Noble Vatos in episode four. That said, I would like to think that when push comes to shove mankind sets aside its petty concerns and steps up to the plate to look out for each other.

I am interested in seeing how Jericho proceeds. Yeah, I didn't like the fact that aid came from China and the planes that dropped it were Soviet planes, but it is ironic to see other countries sending us aid considering how much aid we've sent over the years. The matter was lightly touched upon and the story moved on. I was surprised to see the series cast a black man who is a minority in a white town to play the mysterious bad guy. As far as I am concerned, he has not redeemed himself from the treachery of participating in a plot to attack America with nukes just because he had a change of heart and hid the "package" at his house. I look forward to the discs to come.

Posted by: TrickleUpPolitics at November 27, 2010 12:37 PM

TUP, have you seen "The Last Man on Earth"? It's the Vincent Price take on the "Omega Man" subject. Muchly underrated.

Posted by: Mr Evilwrench at November 27, 2010 2:00 PM

The Omega Man is based on a book called Legend. The Will Smith movie was awful, and the zombies in Omega Man are silly, although the premise about bio warfare wiping us out is scary. It looks like Last Man is based on the same book. I found it on Netflix and put it in my instant queue. I will watch it later. In the meantime, I received two Viggo Mortenson movies today: Good, about a Nazi professor promoting compassionate euthanisia (I know, I know, does this sound crazy or what? Viggo seems to specialize in obscure weird movies after Lord of the Rings.), and The Road, a post-apocalyptic movie about a father and son from Appalachia. Both promise to be liberal lefty laugh fests. Last night I watched the first seven episodes of this season's Bones and enjoyed it immensely.

Posted by: TrickleUpPolitics at November 27, 2010 4:36 PM

Posted by: TrickleUpPolitics at November 27, 2010 4:36 PM

Hey, TUP...let us know what you thought of The Road, okay? I liked the movie a lot and am in the middle of reading the book :)

Posted by: Wilberforce at November 28, 2010 6:07 AM

This is a exciting source of knowledge, Im glad I read this article. I am going to be back again soon to see more that you have.

Posted by: christian louboutin at November 28, 2010 10:40 PM

This is a very interesting post, I was looking for this knowledge. Just so you know I discovered your site ugg uk
when I was looking around for blogs like mine, so please check out my site sometime and leave me a comment to let me know what you think.

Posted by: nike air force at November 28, 2010 10:54 PM