« All the President's Parties | Main | Open Thread »

December 3, 2009

If You've Missed the ClimateGate Coverage...

Posted by The MaryHunter at December 3, 2009 6:18 PM

... then your only news sources must be the major state-run networks:

12 Days, 3 Networks and No Mention of ClimateGate Scandal

(make that 13 days, since this Media Research Council article came out yesterday)

Despite that resignation [of Phil Jones of the Climate Research Unit] and calls by a U.S. senator to investigate the matter, ABC, CBS and NBC morning and evening news programming has remained silent – not mentioning a word about the scandal since it broke on Nov. 20, even as world leaders including President Barack Obama prepare to meet in Copenhagen, Denmark next week to promote a pact to reduce greenhouse gases.
Other news outlets, including The New York Times, Washington Post, CNN and Associated Press have deemed ClimateGate worthy of reporting, but the networks were too busy reporting on celebrity car accidents and the killer whale that ate a great white shark. Instead of airing a broadcast news segment that might inform the public about the science scandal, both ABC and CBS relegated the story to their Web sites. There was one mention of the scandal on ABC’s Sunday talk show: “This Week with George Stephanopoulos.”

The arrogance of these news propaganda organizations is exceeded only by their irrelevance.

cbs_eye_crumbles.jpg
The Old Media too will pass. (via Free Republic)

Comments

They must be busy doing a fact check.

Posted by: Dave at December 3, 2009 6:27 PM

They must be busy doing a fact check.

I understand the concept of a fact check, but 13 days is an awful lot of time to remove them all, even by MSM standards.

Posted by: Anonymous Countermoonbat at December 3, 2009 6:34 PM

I find this hard to believe. The BBC is generally considered to be the political left of any of the news agencies listed above, and I was watching a story about the leaked emails (aka 'Climategate', though I dislike using any of the 9001 '-gate' terms perpetuated by the media) on Newsnight no more than a few hours ago.

Now I don't live in the US and I don't watch any of the above networks, but are you actually trying to say all three have been silent for TWO WEEKS as I seem to have heard nothing other than this story despite living in a country where most of the media consider global warming to be settled beyond debate?

You have once again blurred the line commentary and parody.

Posted by: Serenity at December 3, 2009 6:38 PM

Well, you have to admit that a killer whale eating a great white shark is pretty interesting....

Posted by: GeronimoRumplestiltskin at December 3, 2009 6:43 PM

If CBS irritates you so much, don't watch it.

Posted by: Chris Waddle at December 3, 2009 6:47 PM

Posted by: Chris Wobble at December 3, 2009 6:47 PM

The same goes to say that if we irritate you then go some where else.

Posted by: Bill Clinton at December 3, 2009 7:01 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That was me

Posted by: Dave at December 3, 2009 7:02 PM

Unfortunately, when the dinosaur media is on the verge of going under from their own stupidity, odumbshit will want to use our money to prop them up. Impeachment now!

Posted by: man of few words at December 3, 2009 7:06 PM

This isn't irritating, it's fascinating.
It's also very funny.
Especially the way you think that everything you believe in, liberals believe the opposite.

Posted by: Chris Waddle at December 3, 2009 7:08 PM

And the way you believe that everything is objectively either good or evil, with no gray areas.

Posted by: Chris Waddle at December 3, 2009 7:11 PM

Liberals do believe the opposite.

HEY!! We agree!

Posted by: Dave at December 3, 2009 7:12 PM

I can't speak for others, but I don't watch SeeBS or any of the other sycophant media. I know what they'll talk about, and I know what they'll say. The problem is, there are still a LOT of people that have no idea they're being deprived of giant swaths of information and discourse. They still trust the legacy media even even though that trust has been thoroughly betrayed. Millions of voters form their opinions based on woefully incomplete data. That's bothersome, even if we don't watch them.

Posted by: Mr Evilwrench at December 3, 2009 7:14 PM

Posted by: Chris Waddle at December 3, 2009 7:11 PM

That's the problem with dip shit liberal, to many grey areas. Thanks for pointing that out.

Posted by: Dave at December 3, 2009 7:14 PM

CNN has finally run the story; it's in the fine print near the bottom of the page under Tech.

Posted by: Xavier at December 3, 2009 7:20 PM

Well I just went into websites for all the MSM media you named as well as CNN and there are articles on the scandal in the science and tech sections of each of them. Sorry to burst your fantasy.

Posted by: guitar man at December 3, 2009 7:27 PM

Remember "Googlegate"?? That was the CONSPIRACY that Google was suppressing information on "climategate". Search "climategate" on Google and you get over 20 million links. Happy reading.

Posted by: Lao at December 3, 2009 7:30 PM

That's the problem with dip shit liberal, to many grey areas.
Posted by: Dave at December 3, 2009 7:14 PM

Everything is grey and open to debate.
Deal with it.

"That's the problem with liberals" is a tired conservative soundbite, do try to have an original thought now and then, numbnuts.
Oh wait, of course you won't, you're conservatives, you recycle the same talking points ad nauseum.

Posted by: Chris Waddle at December 3, 2009 7:35 PM

Not with you guys, Chris. You don't like to debate because you are to busy fixing numbers and twisting facts.

You are a bunch of liars.

Deal with it.

Laosy you just won't quit.
Fuckin' child.

Posted by: Dave at December 3, 2009 7:38 PM

Just have Sarah Palin spell Hadley wrong on twitter and they'll be all over it.

Posted by: IOpian at December 3, 2009 7:44 PM

Yeah, once we caught them out doing it, suddenly the, um, "error" was fixed. Yeah. NOW you can google it, you just couldn't then. See the difference? Of course not. It doesn't fit the narrative.

Oh, and yeah, "climategate" may be on the websites of the virtually state-owned media (hidden down in the tech section?) but we're talking about TV here, the go-to media for some tens of millions, many of whom have no regular internet access. Niente. There's an important distinction there, too, but nevermind.

Posted by: Mr Evilwrench at December 3, 2009 7:45 PM

At least the MSM is not entirely ignoring climate change, though

First sentence of this article:
With the world losing the battle against global warming so far, experts are warning that humans need to follow nature's example: Adapt or die.

article here

Posted by: mega at December 3, 2009 7:46 PM

PS Did I mention that the above article is really, really, really funny and worth clicking on? Here's another sample from it:

Hope said failing to adapt would be even more expensive — perhaps $6 trillion a year on average over the next 200 years. Adaptation could cut that by about $2 trillion a year, he said. As much as three-quarters of the spending will be needed in the developing world, experts say.
"Those are not the countries that caused the problem," Hope said. "There's a pretty strong moral case for us giving them assistance for the impacts that we've largely caused."

Posted by: mega at December 3, 2009 7:51 PM

Evilwrench says you couldn't Google climategate "then". Malarcky. When Moonbattery had their little "Googlegate" hissy fit there were 13 million links available.

Posted by: Lao at December 3, 2009 7:55 PM

Posted by: Dave at December 3, 2009 7:38 PM

Lies, I've lost count of the number of times I've seen conservatives and conservative news sources fabricate data to back up their bullshit talking points.

Posted by: Chris Waddle at December 3, 2009 7:57 PM

So they should breed people with less hair so they stay cooler? Webbed feet?

Posted by: Dan at December 3, 2009 7:59 PM

Everything is grey and open to debate.
Deal with it.

Posted by: Chris Waddle at December 3, 2009 7:35 PM

And the problem with liberals is that they're bed wetting sissies who impose their views on others and look down on regular Americans. Especially when you wanna say "everything is gray!", that's a load of horseshit because without moral absolutism, conscience and natural law is nothing. If "everythijng is gray", everything would derive from a person's feelings, or culture, and there would be no right and wrong and therefore life would have no meaning.

Posted by: Atomic Lib Smasher at December 3, 2009 8:00 PM

Posted by: Chris Waddle at December 3, 2009 7:57 PM

This coming from a sheep like liar.

Fuck off Chrissy.

Posted by: Dave at December 3, 2009 8:08 PM

And the problem with some conservatives is that they believe that they, and they alone, are "regular" Americans. Now there's a presumption.

Posted by: guitar man at December 3, 2009 8:10 PM

I mentioned in another thread that in all probability the Greens will simply suggest that their Controls, Operations, Missions, Cutbacks and VATs have begun to work and the temperatures are “Beginning to fall!” They will say something classy like, “All of our hard work is beginning to pay off so now we must redouble our efforts if humanity is to survive!”
Do you see what I did there? I took credit and said that the solution WORKS! This quote below states exactly what the PTB are doing…

“Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.” - - Hermann Goering

Posted by: AlphaOmega at December 3, 2009 8:13 PM

You've seen the screen captures, just as I have. We're not saying the links weren't there, we're documenting google's sophomoric shenanigans with the dropdown menu, whatever you call that thing. You'd have to spell it out explicitly, because they'd disallowed the word from completion. They were showing their bias in a childish way and were caught at it.

Posted by: Mr Evilwrench at December 3, 2009 8:14 PM

How did statists come to own the word "gray" What an effing stupid distraction.

I calculate that if we took everyone who's used the word "nuance" in the last month, put them on top of the UN building, and tipped it over into the East River, the average quality of life across all humans would increase from 6.2 to 6.6.

Posted by: mega at December 3, 2009 8:15 PM

Get real Evilwrench. Do you mean to claim that when you type a word like "climategate" into Google you stop part way through, look at the drop down, grab your mouse and scroll to your choice, which, in this case would be "climategate"?? Personally I just type the word, it's quicker. I never use the drop down.

Posted by: Lao at December 3, 2009 8:17 PM

"Moral absolutism" has always just been an excuse for douchebags to treat opinions as fact.

Posted by: Chris Waddle at December 3, 2009 8:18 PM

But enough of these trivial issues. How come no one wished me a happy world AIDS day?

Posted by: Lao at December 3, 2009 8:26 PM

And how come no one on the left plays the name highjacking game? Seems to me we could mess up this entire blog if we did.

Of course the good Moonbattery administrators would consider that grounds for banning now wouldn't they? Constancy of rules and moral positions is not something particularly prevalent on the right.

Posted by: Lao at December 3, 2009 8:33 PM

Oh yeah, I do too, that pulldown thingy is mostly a source of entertainment, but the point is the absolute scrubbing of the word from the vocabulary by these dunces. They let their bias show until someone smote them for it, then, amazingly, it got "fixed". It means something. Maybe not to you, but, you know, gray areas and all.

Posted by: Mr Evilwrench at December 3, 2009 8:34 PM

With just a little effort, we could Obama this entire blog. Think about it!

Posted by: Lao at December 3, 2009 8:35 PM

13,000,000 "climategate" links is fairly far from "scrubbing the word". Give it up.

Posted by: Lao at December 3, 2009 8:36 PM

Oh no! Someone jacked Laosy's name!

I've been seeing this for weeks now. STFU you whining pussy bitch.

Posted by: Henry at December 3, 2009 8:40 PM

Give it up? That's what I said to you, but for once you wouldn't bend over. Why?

Posted by: Burt at December 3, 2009 8:42 PM

Good idea, EVERYBODY post as "Obama"!!

Posted by: Obama at December 3, 2009 8:42 PM

As your PRESIDENT I gotta say I want you to forget about this "climategate" nonsense! Since when do a few stupid e-mails negate the work of thousands of scientists?

Posted by: Obama at December 3, 2009 8:45 PM

Give me your money. Stop clinging to it. I know how to spend it better than you do. From each according to his abilities, to each according to his lack thereof.

Or something like that.

Posted by: Obama at December 3, 2009 8:46 PM

Oh, and by the way, if anyone has seen Lao, tell him I want to appoint him Bathhouse Czar.

Posted by: Obama at December 3, 2009 8:48 PM

Quit highjacking my name. It's obvious that I am way more articulate than you are. You may now praise me to excess.

Posted by: Obama at December 3, 2009 8:48 PM

I love it when Worf of The West Wing rams her strap-on batleth up my ass!

Posted by: Obama at December 3, 2009 8:49 PM

Barack, you're more articulate than others? Have you forgotten anyone?

Posted by: Obama's Teleprompter at December 3, 2009 8:49 PM

I have already appointed Dave and SK as gratutious profanity and homophobic slur czars. They have way more experience than anyone else I might consider.

Posted by: Obama at December 3, 2009 8:50 PM

Of course Spurwing Plover has earned the Really Silly Bird Czar position hands down. We are sending him for spelling lessons though.

Posted by: Obama at December 3, 2009 8:53 PM

I'm thinking of appointing Al Sharpton the watermelon czar. Any thoughts on that?

Posted by: Obama at December 3, 2009 8:57 PM

I need to get off here in a bit and have a quick Newport before Michelle gets in here and sees what I'm looking up on the web.

Posted by: Obama at December 3, 2009 9:04 PM

Global warming the biggist fruad of the history of the world and KALIFORNIAS liberal eletists green freaks our govenator,and the birdcage linners still continue to push this GLOBAL WARMING crap like it was the truth DIRTY GREEN is the color of eco-trechery

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at December 3, 2009 9:07 PM

Dang, Spurwing, if you wanna be Really Silly Bir Czar ya gotta work on the spelling and grammar some more. I want you to carefully study the speeches of George Bush and Sarah Palin for inspiration and guidance.

Posted by: Obama at December 3, 2009 9:10 PM

Oops sorry Spurwing, I meant to give you the Bird. Even better, try interviews with Bush and Palin, they are more...informal...just your style.

Posted by: Obama at December 3, 2009 9:13 PM

I got some sand in my mangina. Anyone know where I can get some Massnegill?

Posted by: Lao at December 3, 2009 9:17 PM

I just tested 'climategate' from my Firefox search bar, and part of the story on that seems true, 'climategat' doesn't show 'climategate' as a suggestion.

However, on my way to finding that out I typed 'clim' and got 'climate gate scandal' as the top search result. A puzzling outcome.

Posted by: Serenity at December 3, 2009 10:31 PM

Satan's greatest achievement was/is convincing the dark, rationalizing, progressive mind that he doesn't exist. And his favorite color? ... gray.

Screwtape

Posted by: Anonymous at December 3, 2009 11:56 PM

"shades of gray"
"the debate is over"

"not black or white"
"the science is settled"

Liberalism: A form of hypocrisy of staggering magnitude.

I guess those inconvenient gray areas seem to have escaped the CRU.

Posted by: Anonymous Countermoonbat at December 4, 2009 12:44 AM

The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said,
‘Whoever recited Surah al Kahf on a Friday, Allah will kindle for him abundant light to brightly illuminate the period between the two Fridays (the Friday on which the recitation was made and the next Friday)’
[Hakim 2/367, Mishkat al-Masabih #2175, however Baihaqi disagreed with it’s authenticity in Sahih Al Jami 2/1104]

Allahu Akbar!

Posted by: Lao at December 4, 2009 4:34 AM

Isnt that the leader of the OR-EYE from Stargate SG-1?

Posted by: General Jack O'Neill at December 4, 2009 6:13 AM

Let's face it folks, the lame stream media wants this scandal to go away quietly, unlike the Tiger Woods infidelity scandal, which they would like to drag out for the next decade, their editorial decisions bear that out. Hiding your coverage on the websites is equivalent to saying, "We know people on the Internet already know about this, but we can still keep the people who rely on TV broadcasts in the dark."

Posted by: Judith M. at December 4, 2009 6:32 AM

The Cocktail Party Media:

Not Arrogant, Just Stupid

Posted by: Texas Pete at December 4, 2009 9:27 AM

Dont make me angry you wouldnt like me when im angry

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at December 4, 2009 10:32 PM