« Dems Pull Out All Stops to Save Corzine | Main | Mark Steyn on Environmental Totalitarianism »

November 2, 2009

Planned Parenthood Leader Becomes Pro-Lifer After Seeing Ultrasound

Posted by Gregory of Yardale at November 2, 2009 8:17 AM

Abby Johnson was a Director of Planned Parenthood in College Station Texas, until she saw an ultrasound of the procedure pro-abortionists refer to euphemistically as "Choice."

Planned Parenthood has been a part of Abby Johnson’s life for the past eight years; that is until last month, when Abby resigned. Johnson said she realized she wanted to leave, after watching an ultrasound of an abortion procedure.
“I just thought I can’t do this anymore, and it was just like a flash that hit me and I thought that’s it,” said Jonhson.

And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized. - Acts 9:18

According to Johnson, the non-profit was struggling under the weight of a tough economy, and changing it’s business model from one that pushed prevention, to one that focused on abortion.
“It seemed like maybe that’s not what a lot of people were believing any more because that’s not where the money was. The money wasn’t in family planning, the money wasn’t in prevention, the money was in abortion and so I had a problem with that,” said Johnson.

It was the realization that abortion was a lucrative industry that flipped me from pro-Choice to pro-Life in college. Abby Johnson not only resigned from Planned Parenthood, but has become a supporter of the Coalition For Life, and has prayed with coalition volunteers outside Planned Parenthood.

Hat Tip: Gateway Pundit

abortion_garrision.jpg

Comments

I hope she burned her PLANNAED PARENTHOOD membership card

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at November 2, 2009 8:53 AM

Isaiah 5:20-24 (New International Version)

Woe to those who call evil good
and good evil,
who put darkness for light
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.
Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
and clever in their own sight.
Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine
and champions at mixing drinks,
who acquit the guilty for a bribe,
but deny justice to the innocent.

Posted by: Paul H at November 2, 2009 8:58 AM

I was on the fence about abortion until I saw a video of a late-term abortion. I couldn't watch the entire video because it was so horrific. As a result, my feet are now FIRMLY planted on the side of pro-life.

Posted by: obamasux at November 2, 2009 9:01 AM

We need to celebrate these types of revelations and encourage these folks. To many of us readers it's a no-brainer (I'm a Roman Catholic, but my anti-abortion stance is firmly based in biology and genetics as well), but when the liberal feel-good mist finally lifts from the eyes of someone like Johnson, I'm sure it's kinda shocking.

Posted by: pomalom at November 2, 2009 9:09 AM

I too was on the fence whenever abortion came up because, being a man, I felt it was a woman issue. Then I saw my own child with an ultrasound( doctor visit) that I changed my mind and realized it is not a woman issue but a human issue. It should be a law that before an abortion can be done, the mother has to see an ultrasound.

Posted by: shunha at November 2, 2009 9:09 AM

Every liberal should watch a late term abortion video. I wonder how they'll react to seeing a doctor kill a still moving baby in cold blood and still think how glorious their choices are. I'm a pro life by belief and every time I see that stuff on the news I know I'm right. NO sane society can grow be deifying the murder of small children.

Posted by: Jay B at November 2, 2009 9:15 AM

I can't find a white woman in the USA THAT IS:

pro white
against leftism/feminism
against miscegenation
pro-life

Why are white women suicidal?
This used to be your country!
Now take a look around at the thuggish third world shit hole it's become.

Yet, white women continue to support that which destroys them. Go figure ...

Posted by: robert at November 2, 2009 9:33 AM

I don't know how many of them it would change. Progressive leftists have witnessed the failures of socialism but still embrace it. And they are fundamental selfish people. They already know about what abortion is, for the most part, and they support it anyway because of their selfish desires for convenience and self-gratification.

Posted by: V the K at November 2, 2009 9:37 AM

I am most certainly against leftism/feminism and 100% pro-life, but your other two requirements leave something to be desired.

I see nothing beneficial in being "pro-white" and, frankly, nothing inherently wrong with mixed race marriages. The problems that many people attribute to race are, by and large, the products of a liberal culture that victimizes minorities by keeping them down (the soft bigotry of low expectations) and encourages dysfunctional social behavior.

Posted by: Amy P. at November 2, 2009 9:41 AM

Decency compels me to reject robert's statements about miscegenation and white racism.

Posted by: Gregory of Yardale at November 2, 2009 9:45 AM

I can't find a white woman in the USA THAT IS:

Coulter is single. Happy hunting.

Posted by: Anonymous Countermoonbat at November 2, 2009 9:47 AM

Coulter also looks like she'd be cheap to feed.

Posted by: V the K at November 2, 2009 10:19 AM

Coulter also looks like she'd be cheap to feed.
Posted by: V the K at November 2, 2009 10:19 AM

i have a feeling both her and ingrahm are big eaters, but i could be wrong.

Posted by: weewilly at November 2, 2009 10:28 AM

Robert you're dead on.

I'm personally against racially mixed marriages. It hurts the kids. The liberals LOVE mixed race marriages because they hate whitey and would like to see him or her die off. Many of these liberals are self-hating whites.

Why is a bad thing to be pro-white? You have black pride parades, gay pride (which is not a race, it's a choice), black panthers, La Raza Chicano activitists, etc. But when a white man is proud of his culture, he's suddenly the bad guy?

Sounds like reverse racism to me. I'm British and Scottish and damn proud of my European heritage. I don't denounce others and applaud other cultures to not be ashamed of their heritage.

So Amy - unlike you - I'm pro white and damn proud of it.

Posted by: Janet at November 2, 2009 10:35 AM

I'm personally against racially mixed marriages.

Tough.

It hurts the kids.

Why, because they don't have pure bloodlines?

That makes them racists. Just like your opinion makes YOU a racist, Janet.

All of those things you list above are idiotic. One does not fight idiocy with idiocy. I am not proud to be "white," I'm proud to be AMERICAN. I'm proud to live in a free society and I try to keep it free through my actions. And nationality is a choice... one can always move. My skin color doesn't matter, nor does the skin color of anyone else.

Having a certain nationality or ethnic group is merely the accident of birth. It is the choices that you make in life that are worthy of pride.

So long as they don't mix racially?

So Amy - unlike you - I'm pro white and damn proud of it.

You're an idiot, Janet.

Posted by: Evil Otto at November 2, 2009 11:47 AM

^^^^

Amen to your comments, Otto. I'm starting to think that a lot of these posters are plants or agents provocateur betraying their own feelings by projection.

Posted by: EvilResident at November 2, 2009 11:52 AM

No OTTO, YOU'RE the idiot.

Being pro-white is NOT idiocy - it's pride for your own culture. Just because you're a self-hating don't project YOUR hate onto us.

Posted by: Janet at November 2, 2009 12:08 PM

Oh and OTTO, typical liberal rants. When you can't attack the principles, you attack the person. You're clearly showing your ignorance.

Posted by: Janet at November 2, 2009 12:09 PM

Being white has nothing to do with culture, it's genetics, and no person has anything to do with his or her own genetics.

The only thing a person has a right to be proud of or a duty to be ashamed of is his or her own freely chosen acts.

Posted by: Judith M. at November 2, 2009 12:58 PM

No OTTO, YOU'RE the idiot.

Oh, brilliant comeback. You sure showed me.

Being pro-white is NOT idiocy - it's pride for your own culture.

"Your own culture?" And what would that be? Tell me, Janet... do you like rock and roll or jazz? Both came from blacks. Barbecue? Ditto. Chinese food? I could go on and on. How much of that culture you supposedly love is actually "white?"

There is no "white" culture, just as there is no "black" culture in this country. There is AMERICAN culture, and differences within it. That culture you supposedly take pride in is a wonderful, motley assortment of things taken from other cultures. It's what Americans do best... we take the best from other cultures and make it our own. But that means there is no culture here is pure, and what you have pride in doesn't exist.

Just because you're a self-hating

"A self-hating?" A self-hating what?

don't project YOUR hate onto us.

You don't read very well, do you, Janet? (Nor do you write very well, but that's another issue.) I love my culture. AMERICAN culture. Not some invented culture of a skin color. That's just the chance of genetics.

Oh and OTTO, typical liberal rants.

(snort) HAHAHAHAHA!!! You... think I'm... a liberal?!? Oh, that's rich.

Let me explain this to you, Janet. I'll use small words. You're new here. You wandered into this blog, dropped your ignorant and racist opinion, and then got pissy when called on it. I've been taking liberals on for years, here and elsewhere. But when I see a (supposed) conservative saying incredibly idiotic things, I call them on it as well. Not everyone who thinks you're a twit is a liberal.

Sorry, sweetheart, I call it like I see it. You're a racist. And not a very bright one, either.

Posted by: Evil Otto at November 2, 2009 1:34 PM

I am always uncomfortable about anyone "being proud" of anything but what he/she did. Prefer to use word 'love' Love Ireland etc.
Then my daughter, aged 19, refused to take part in an abortion while in training as a nurse. Without any input from me, she defied authority on this issue, picked up a telephone, said she was ringing the newsdesk at some paper, and they who were ordering her could explain their position right there and then while she said what she had to say.
When I heard I felt proud of her, and I still do. It was more than love.
Indulge another example. Last Olympics. Same daughter. An American woman is asked who she will be supporting having lived here in Australia for X years. Answer America. Daughter is privately taken back - thinks she should support her new country. Asks another American woman settled here. Answers Australia. Daughter is even more taken back, annoyed. Why is this woman not standing with her own country.
This 'pride' business is a really tough call, really tough.
Judith, Otto and Amy said insightful things. Judith got even closer with "duty to be ashamed'. Here's a problem, for me. Many times have I heard somebody saying that someone's actions have brought shame on their family. I know it shouldnt be, in common sense if nothing else. But clearly someone does have that feeling.
It's a tough call. And it tells us that above common sense, and indoctrination, and money, there is something more.

Posted by: Jim at November 2, 2009 1:58 PM

Dollars to doughnuts that "Janet" is a liberal plant. Post, screencap, crop out everything else, then post the image elsewhere saying "look at those crazy wingnuts."

Posted by: I'm A Lasagna Hog at November 2, 2009 2:28 PM

You're most likely right, Lasagna Hog.

Posted by: Evil Otto at November 2, 2009 2:39 PM

I agree. Moles are so common, everyone's doing it. Thread sure got hijacked, didn't it?

Posted by: Karin at November 2, 2009 2:51 PM

I just have pride that I am 100% pure certified mongrel American with 3 full scoops of Scots-Irish, quarter sprinkling of Choctaw and flavored with a smidgen of 200 year remnant of African American. Lord only knows what else crept into the DNA stew over the last three hundred years.

Posted by: IOpian at November 2, 2009 3:03 PM

I'm glad Abby turned around. I wonder how many pro-choicers would stick with their position if they saw a 3-D ultrasound of an abortion? My guess is very few.

Posted by: Judith M. at November 2, 2009 3:43 PM

Guys, guys, break it up. There's trolls all over this site that need to be dealt with. Save your rhetoric for them, and we cab settle our differences later.

Posted by: Some Guy at November 2, 2009 3:51 PM

I mean can.

Posted by: Anonymous at November 2, 2009 3:51 PM

Sorry, SG, I don't go for racism, whether it's from a lefty or a righty. Janet is against mixed marriages, for God's sake. That is an absolutely contemptuous position. The leftist drones who pop up here already believe we are all racists, but why give them ammunition?

And as others can attest, I have dealt with trolls for a long time. I can handle them AND racists like Janet.

Posted by: Evil Otto at November 2, 2009 3:58 PM

Just curious, how come the cartoon "woman" seeking an abortion is grey haired and bald?

Posted by: Anonymous at November 2, 2009 4:03 PM

Anonymous,

Hoo boy, it'd take WAY too long to explain Mr./Mrs. Garrison from South Park.

Posted by: Evil Otto at November 2, 2009 4:09 PM

Ah, the "mrs" is bald?? Well then I stand corrected. You are quite right, I have never watched.

Posted by: Anonymous at November 2, 2009 4:17 PM

Oh, how fun it is watching you deny the racists in your own camp...

Any way, you're being silly. A lot of people can be against late-term abortion but still favor abortion generally. Heck, I'd still be comfortable with late term abortions where the fetus has no brain. (Yes, that does happen. No, political affiliation doesn't seem to enter into the lack of development.)

Posted by: Anonymous at November 2, 2009 4:54 PM

Aight noname, again we can settle this with a show of hands:
Who here has recently spoken positively of limited free enterprise?

Posted by: Some Guy at November 2, 2009 5:22 PM

"It was the realization that abortion was a lucrative industry that flipped me from pro-Choice to pro-Life in college."

Hey, I want to ban something that people are making money from because it goes against my morals!

When it's fetuses by doctors? You don't have a problem banning it. Old people with lung cancer? How dare people try to ban tobacco!

Posted by: Anonymous at November 2, 2009 5:28 PM

Life begins at conception. Anybody who knows anything about the development of a human being knows the "A lot of people can be against late-term abortion but still favor abortion generally" argument is a cynical obfuscation of the fact that abortion is murder at 8 weeks the same as 28 weeks.

Sorry anon, go and look at an ultrasound, you know, those pesky fact things?

Posted by: Stephan at November 2, 2009 6:00 PM

Anon #34,957,410,382-
People choose to smoke. If they want to harm themselves, so be it. When a fetus is murdered, he has no say in it. It takes a leftist troll to not see the difference.

Posted by: Some Guy at November 2, 2009 6:23 PM

Quoted from and Linked to at:
HOW ABOUT SOME GOOD NEWS

Posted by: Bob Belvedere at November 2, 2009 7:23 PM

Great post VH, immediately upon reading her quote I began thinking of the conversion of Paul, not in comparison or analogy, but simply in similartiy; than I read it came to your mind as well.

Posted by: Travis at November 2, 2009 7:59 PM

I forgot to mention; I lived in College Station for 4 and a half years, here just a few years back. I took some summer courses at Blinn college (considerably cheaper than my alma mater A&M) and every day I drove by the Bryan Planned Parenthood building, this very same one. It brightens my Jesus loving heart that even one women was brought away from this, the most egregious of acts.

Posted by: Travis at November 2, 2009 8:10 PM

Posted by: Stephan at November 2, 2009 6:00 PM

Posted by: Anonymous at November 2, 2009 10:52 PM

Simple solution: say that the fetus killed three people in a robbery, and creating one of the most blood-thirsty gangs in history the "crips". Then just say it wrote a childrens book and the liberals would hold a candle light vigil to save it from execution.

Just like all the moonbats and celebrities who wanted to save Stanley "Tookie" Williams.

Posted by: xantl at November 2, 2009 11:23 PM

Posted by: Anonymous at November 2, 2009 10:52 PM

Were being rhetorical or are you just that dense?

Posted by: SK at November 3, 2009 3:24 AM

Clicking on the link below the graphic might help explain... a little.

Posted by: Gregory of Yardale at November 3, 2009 6:06 AM

"Is that so? Then why is it that the rate of natural miscarriage is so high? Why are all those lives lost every year, far more then induced abortion?"

Yeah, the number of people who die from accidents and natural causes each year is pretty high, too. I guess that's a good reason to legalize murder, ay?

Posted by: Judith M. at November 3, 2009 6:37 AM

"Also, so you don't mind limited free enterprise when it runs against YOUR beliefs, but spend nearly all your time complaining when other people do it. Huh."

We conservatives are funny that way. We support free enterprise that doesn't dehumanize whole categories of people, but oppose enterprises that do. So you could expect to see us be against slavery and abortion, but not against food manufacturers that make decadent treats that some people might freely choose to eat to much of.

Posted by: Judith M. at November 3, 2009 6:42 AM

As far as white women are concerned, look to Sweden. Pro abortion? Remember; you once looked like that ultrasound.

Posted by: oldguy at November 3, 2009 7:20 AM

Judith M. at November 3, 2009 6:37 AM...

Well done, Judith.
You beat me to it.

Posted by: slim at November 3, 2009 10:40 AM

Judith M. at November 3, 2009 6:37 AM...

Well done, Judith.