« Another Crappy Enviro-Car Death Trap | Main | Is It Too Early to Stick a Fork in Dodd? »

November 12, 2009

Moonbat Goes a Year Without Using Money

Posted by Gregory of Yardale at November 12, 2009 12:10 PM

Mark Boyle decided to take himself out of the greedy, capitalist system and go a year without spending any money. He did it for environmental reasons, but that didn't stop him from moving into a mobile home; which are manufactured by the capitalist system. Once installed there, he lived primarily off refuse (also produced by the capitalist system) and from foraging... in other words, living in a manner that, if adopted by all humans today, would quickly reduce the population through starvation. Not only that, cultures built on foraging have no time or excess resources to devote to art, literature, and higher culture, but I digress.

He's currently a feast to celebrate of his freegan "journey."

I'm currently organising a free mini-festival called the Freeconomy Feast 2009, where myself and Fergus Drennan, the BBC's Roadkill Chef, aim to feed 250 people a three-course meal with full service for free, completely out of waste food and things foraged from the wilds of Bristol.

And these people look down on people who eat at Olive Garden.

Mark Boyle actually annoys me far less than most other Eco-Moonbats. Yes, he's a smug, self-righteous eco-jerk. But, there are three big reasons his moonbattery is tolerable:

1. He seems sincere, and doesn't appear to be doing this as a publicity stunt like that "Zero Impact, Man" douche.

2. He's not a hypocrite like Al Gore, John Kerry, RFK Jr, Nancy Pelosi, and all those other "environmentalists" who demand everybody else give up cars and travel while they tool around in SUVs and travel everywhere by private jet.

3. Unlike 1 and 2, he is not demanding that the Government force everybody else into a lifestyle he will choose for them.

Number 3 is really the problem. Moonbats are just annoying on their own; it's when they use the power of the state to force everyone to embrace moonbattery that they become dangerous.

Mark-Boyle-aka-no-cash-ma-001.jpg
Except for mobile homes, cell phones, laptops, and solar panels, Mark Boyle rejects civilization

Comments

He looks like one of those liberal wackos without any common sense and certianly without a brain

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at November 12, 2009 12:35 PM

Ummm, sounds delicious. But, if I was invited to Mark's Moonbat meal, I would have to decline.
Buuurrrrpppp...
That smell is not the herbs, spices, or special sauce. It's that special aroma that is developed over a period of time, if you know what I mean.

Posted by: Eneils Bailey at November 12, 2009 12:44 PM

At least he isnt like jerks like ROBERT KENNEDY jr or LEONARDO DEPACAPEO urging us to send $500 to save the polarbears over this GLOBAL WARMING poppycock

Posted by: Flu-Bird at November 12, 2009 1:53 PM

It used to be we'd call a guy like this a bum and a garbage picker. Now we're supposed to be impressed by him? Don't think so.

Posted by: man of few words at November 12, 2009 2:00 PM

A hobo carnival? When and where, nothing more fun that hundreds of hobos in a row to take a whack at.
Actually, when I finally actually go Galt, he might have some valuable information I could use. Nah.

Posted by: Eric at November 12, 2009 2:26 PM

If only every moonbat would wander into the wilderness.

Posted by: J at November 12, 2009 3:13 PM

Why didn't they guy make it easy on himself and not use his brain for a year. Oh yeah, Sprwing said the guy doesn't have a brain. I wondered what and if he learned anything.

Eric: your post (and this moonbat) remind me of the old classic movie "Sullivan's Travels," where Joel McCrea plays a movie director who gets weary of directing simple minded comedies and wants to direct serious sociological important movies and sets out to live with hobos as research to get an idea of the harsh realities of life. Long story short, he meets a pretty girl (Veronica Lake), learns that life as a hobo is tough and comedies are what the studio boss wants because they make more money and what people want to see, he ends up back in Hollywood directing simple minded comedies.

Posted by: Graycat at November 12, 2009 3:27 PM

Hey, Gregory, do you have a Twitter account?

Posted by: Ianto Cooper at November 12, 2009 4:31 PM

Graycat, I know the movie well. Would that life were actually that easy and just one hippy/hobo chick on the street were Veronica Lake, we'd all be living that way.

Posted by: Eric at November 12, 2009 4:35 PM

It seems that every lib has the same dream of living for free. They all seem to strive for that it's just that some of them (Algore) have a much more lavish idea of living than others. I must agree with J on this, if they would all just do this and quit trying to get us to pay their way to "living for free" and just take our garbage, I would have no problem with them.

Posted by: Rick Schroeder at November 12, 2009 4:53 PM

One more thing. I noticed that there are none of the usual lib comments in here trying to run it down. Either they won't read this kind of thing because they already live this way or they're out trying to scrounge up a travel trailer of their own (probably in there neighbor's back yard).

Posted by: Rick Schroeder at November 12, 2009 4:58 PM

So...he's a parasite, living off the leavings of others. Who's living off his leavings? We can't all live off of other people, obviously.

Having said that, he acts like this is a big deal. There are thousands of bums in SF who been living exactly like this for years, so BFD Boyle.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at November 12, 2009 5:26 PM

I have no problems with anyone who practices what they preach, unlike these hippy jerks who protest against new power stations, then drive home in their SUV and turn the AC down to a brisk 72F before playing Halo3 on their X-BOX until 3.AM.

Posted by: xantl at November 12, 2009 5:36 PM

IowaHawk Oldie: Profs Denounce Western Culture, Move to Caves

Posted by: SK at November 12, 2009 7:55 PM

I agree with you 100%. Nice to see there are human beings in this world that still use their brain. :)
Most of these politicians, actors, "enviornmentalists" or whatever they claim ARE hypocrites and find it easier to suggest we "common folk" live like the friggin Flinstones while they live like the damn Jetsons and destroy our planet with their "eco-friendly" high-tech lifestyle and you are correct....They brag about driving a Hybrid but own jets....Make claims of their homes being made of organic and natural materials but still they use gas to heat their homes and I'm sure there are luxuries such as the inground pool lights are a quite unecessary.

Posted by: Christina Narvaez at November 12, 2009 9:02 PM

I was homeless.
I went through KFC, Pizza hut, Frito Lay's, Krogers, lotsa dumpsters. It was great. We have folks here in America who do "urban camping" like I did. Once you fighure it out its not bad at all. I suppose next time it will be in a more wilderness setting as I'll want to be totally "off the grid"

Posted by: czuch at November 13, 2009 7:45 AM

Can you imagine the smell in that coffee can he lives in?

Posted by: Reaganite Republican at November 13, 2009 3:42 PM