« Andy Stern: Comrade Obama's #1 Visitor | Main | Next Punitive Tax: Meat »

November 4, 2009

Massive Turnout for Tea Party in Houston

Posted by Van Helsing at November 4, 2009 8:07 AM

The Tea Party phenomenon hasn't run out of gas. From Houston:

More than 10,000 people turned out Monday night for a North Houston Tea Party Patriots gathering to protest proposed health care reform and what they called big government spending and overzealous government leadership, according to preliminary attendance figures.

Joan Orozco of The Woodlands summed up public sentiment:

Basically, I think the country is going in the wrong direction quickly. I think the Constitution is being violated. People are tired of being told what the government is going to do to them.

The shoe will soon be on the other foot if our liberal rulers continue to push forward with radical legislation like healthcare nationalization, Tax & Charade, and card check. The fates of Corzine, Deeds, and Scuzzyawfula should give socialist apparatchiks some idea of what the people will do to them.

On a tip from Byron.

Comments

all those who are showing up at tea parties the numbers are growing they oppose the notorious plans of the evil DR OBAMA and his healthcare reform AND THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE COMMITY SHOULD BE SENT TO ELBA II FOR LIFE

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at November 4, 2009 8:53 AM

Government of the people, BY the International J Bankers, FOR the International J Bankers.

Posted by: Anonymous at November 4, 2009 9:57 AM

Anonypussy... what's a "J Banker"? Junior Banker? Juggling Banker? Jiffy Lube Banker?

Come on, you chickenshit Leftist... just come right out and say what we all know the Left is really thinking.

Posted by: hiram at November 4, 2009 10:56 AM

The Left has always, throughout history, been virulently antisemitic.

Posted by: SK at November 4, 2009 11:25 AM

I live in Houston. I heard about this as I was leaving work on Monday the 6th at 7PM (a coworker mentioned it). I would have gone if this tea party had actually gotten publicity and advertisement. Over 10,000!

Now I'll keep an eye on the North Houston Tea Party Patriots.

Posted by: BillDouchiest the Wild Swine at November 4, 2009 3:44 PM