« Obamageddon | Main | Sometimes the Good Guys Win »

November 21, 2009

Facing Down the Nationalized Healthcare Juggernaut

Posted by Van Helsing at November 21, 2009 10:44 AM

ObamaCare symbolism, on a tip from Greg:

So long as you're still breathing and there's still ammo in your clip, it's not too late so don't stop fighting for liberty.

Comments

Man, what a memorable scene.

There's still hope, Conservative America! Repeat after me: 2010....2010....2010

Posted by: The MaryHunter at November 21, 2009 11:01 AM

Thanks for the 'Motivation!'

Posted by: Oiao at November 21, 2009 11:06 AM

6/7 rounds expended and hope was not lost. Likewise a hero hacker may be in time to save us from the AGW farce. We can hope.

Posted by: Mr Evilwrench at November 21, 2009 11:17 AM

All we have to do is make it through the next three years. Or impeach these fools and let that trial go on for years.
2010/2012/2012

Posted by: czuch at November 21, 2009 11:24 AM

Revenge in 2010.

If the Republicans make enough gains they need to immediately begin investigations of the Justice Dept. No telling what goodies may fall out of that pinata.

Posted by: IOpian at November 21, 2009 11:51 AM

There's a lot said in the that minute of film, and you can just about watch it totally out of context and still "get it".

Taken in context; i.e. you know who the fictional Captain Miller is and what he represents (the American everyman / family man / citizen soldier / schoolteacher / patriot / all-around good guy from small-town Pennsylvania), then you know we have seen his kind in every war this nation has ever fought. The good news is, they didn't all die - in fact, most didn't, and went home some day.

Many of us have been lucky enough to know such men, and I'm happy to report they are not a disappearing breed, as some would have us believe.

Tom Brokaw called the World War Two generation our "Greatest", and they deserve the veneration they get, but I'm an optimist, and I disagree - America hasn't seen it's greatest generation yet.

On a lighter note, that pass by the Mustang at the end, with the all the authoritative sounds of that wonderful V-1650 Merlin, is absolutely beautiful.

I could read a few things into that, too - but I'll stop here.

Posted by: TonyD95B at November 21, 2009 12:16 PM

That really was a great scene. It caught me by complete surprise the first time I watched the movie.

And yes... nothing pays off better than perseverance.

But... remember, no amount of science and technology will ever overcome fear and superstition.

Posted by: chuck in st paul at November 21, 2009 12:16 PM

Like the fellow in china who stood in front of the tank at TENEMIN SQUARE

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at November 21, 2009 12:49 PM

Sarah palin, still on the attack.

Posted by: Anonymous at November 21, 2009 12:55 PM

I served in the Stryker Brigade (2nd Infantry Division) from 18 to 20 years of age. The 'Indianhead' division ('Second to None') has taken (in Iraq) and is taking (in Afghanistan) major casualties....they are bleeding for freedom.

When I see a picture of an 18 or 20 year-old Stryker kid on TV who was killed on the battlefield its difficult to contain my emotions.

The men and women in our Armed Forces today are volunteers! They are all Capt. Millers. When you volunteer your life...your future...your very existence...for your fellowman, for your country, and for its liberties under God, you are as brave and as great as any soldier who ever lived.....or died.

Posted by: AlphaMail at November 21, 2009 1:18 PM

ONLY lamestream media would has us believe our cause is in that sad of a shape. WE SURROUND THEM. For them to pass Obamacare it will take a highly partisan effort. By doing that they take the ENTIRE blame for the result of the train wreck they are FORCING on this nation. Who's end is near?? Ask the voters in 2010.

Posted by: TED at November 21, 2009 2:34 PM

@AlphaMail

Thank You for your service.

Posted by: FreeWillie at November 21, 2009 4:28 PM

@AlphaMail

Thank you for your service.

I have a buddy that was in the 1-25 SBCT 3/21 for his first tour. I think he moved to the 3-2 SBCT for his second tour (I'm not sure which Bn/Inf, but 2/3 rings a bell).

Anyway, just thought I'd mention the connection.

Thanks again for your sacrifice and service.

Posted by: Henry at November 21, 2009 7:16 PM

Posted by: AlphaMail at November 21, 2009 1:18 PM

Thank you for protecting my freedom and for your valiant service.

Posted by: Dave at November 21, 2009 7:31 PM

Semper Fi to AlphaMail!

Or, more appropriately, Hoooo Ahhhh!

Oiao is Airborne! And a JM.

Lots of respect kiddo!

Posted by: Oiao at November 21, 2009 7:37 PM

Thank you for your service, for your courage and dedication.

Were it not for a cardiac issue, I would still be out there fighting along side you.

Posted by: SK at November 21, 2009 10:08 PM

I think this scene is prophetic in light of the current situation dominating America today.

Conservatives are Capt. Miller shooting at the juggernaut that is the current Fascist devoted political structure attempting to over run him without mercy. Thank God we have God on our side to save We the People. Unfortunately, there has to be the death of the last fighter, but he does get to see the salvation of his cause, in his little world. My point? There will be many hero deaths before We the People take this country back from the determined takeover whackos who are now in charge of our country, but they will be long remembered.

Honduras is a micro example of what seems more and more likely to happen here in the near future. IMO.

Posted by: Eric at November 21, 2009 10:53 PM