« Open Thread | Main | In Defense of Glenn Beck »

October 6, 2009

Obama's Socialist Doctors Photo Op: Fail

Posted by Van Helsing at October 6, 2009 8:15 AM

The teleprompter presidency again degenerated into farce yesterday when it staged a spectacle intended to create the impression that doctors welcome absorption into Comrade Obama's socialist blob:

In a heavy-handed attempt at reviving support for health-care reform, the White House orchestrated a massive photo op to buttress its claim that front-line physicians support Obama.
A sea of 150 white-coated doctors, all enthusiastically supportive of the president and representing all 50 states, looked as if they were at a costume party as they posed in the Rose Garden before hearing Obama's pitch for the Democratic overhaul bills moving through Congress.
The physicians, all invited guests, were told to bring their white lab coats to make sure that TV cameras captured the image.
But some docs apparently forgot, failing to meet the White House dress code by showing up in business suits or dresses.
So the White House rustled up white coats for them and handed them to the suited physicians who had taken seats in the sun-splashed lawn area.
coats.jpg

If it's going to be that phony, why not just round up left-wing social workers and pretend they are doctors, Sheila Jackson Lee style?

Not all doctors with an opinion on socialized medicine were recruited on your dime from around the country and brought in by Big Government to serve as props. Others have shown up on their own accord. Their White Coats weren't handed to them by White House stage directors. Somehow I doubt they got as much coverage from the liberal establishment media. Via Looking at the Left, this was the scene in front of the Capitol on September 10:

doctors-against-obamacare_1.jpg

doctors-against-obamacare_2.jpg

On tips from Charles O, Ballclamp, Conan, DisneyDadTx, and BURNING HOT.

Comments

O - M - G !!!

Handing out white lab coats. Can this get any more ASTROTURFED !?

thanks for posting this VH!!! un be lieve a ble

Posted by: Pete at October 6, 2009 8:30 AM

150 mad Drs for MAD MAN OBAMAS medicated to death plans

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at October 6, 2009 8:37 AM

Next they'll have a commercial where the proverbial "Four Out Of Five Doctors" recommend ObamaCare.

"Astroturf" doesn't do it justice any more. The Obama Administration has totally jumped the shark.

Posted by: TonyD95B at October 6, 2009 8:38 AM

Unbelievable. This administration is like a spoof of a presidency, or a bad comedy. Only show, no substance of ANY sort. Yeah let's hand them lab coats, so people think everyone's on board with dangerous policies. Obama reeks of hypocrisy and lies. I'm so disgusted, the guy desecrates the office of the POTUS in ways Bill Clinton couldn't have dreamed of.

Posted by: Jay B at October 6, 2009 8:48 AM

NEXT - I wonder how many are actually doctors??

Posted by: TED at October 6, 2009 8:49 AM

Exactly TED. The Obama administation has used actors repeatedly, why would they bother to ask actual doctors if they got an army of volunteers and even worse, they HAD LAB COATS TO HAND TO THEIR CROWD. That alone means they were ready to supply their "doctors".

Posted by: Jay B at October 6, 2009 8:54 AM

i'm not a doctor, but i play one for presidential photo-ops.

Posted by: weewilly at October 6, 2009 9:21 AM

I didn't know Jim Carrey was a doctor, and is that Carrot Top holding the veterinary sign? Kidding of course, but the resemblances struck me funny. Another one to put on the list of "Could you imagine if Dubbya did this?"

"All that hate's gonna burn you up kid."

Posted by: Wagtube at October 6, 2009 9:39 AM

Here is a health tip from a non health care professional:
If your current physician goes to meetings outside of his place of work while wearing his lab coat, it may be time for you to find a new slightly more germ conscious physician.
Then again, perhaps the lab coats were to protect their street clothes from the Team 44 bs....

Posted by: joe buzz at October 6, 2009 9:49 AM

I don't think it was quite obvious enough, they should have passed out stethoscopes and those headband reflector things. Maybe some tongue depressors and clipboards too.

Posted by: Beef at October 6, 2009 10:57 AM

This certainly gives new meaning to the term, "playing doctor". Bend over and say "ahhh", the President wants to help you again.

Posted by: tfhr at October 6, 2009 11:04 AM

In Obamas Dr line-up i see DR ZINN,DR CHICAGO,DR FU MANCHU,DR HYDE,

Posted by: Flu-Bird at October 6, 2009 11:48 AM

Beef, you painted a picture that made me laugh!

I'm faaaarr more impressed with the 9/10 crowd. What a bunch of numbnuts team 44 is.

Posted by: Karin at October 6, 2009 12:00 PM

Hide your chickens, some of those are Witch Doctors.

Posted by: Ben Casey at October 6, 2009 12:23 PM

Probably HALF are Acorn doctors...who have never even taken the Hippopotamus Oath.

Posted by: Sylvia at October 6, 2009 12:26 PM

PHONY BALONEY. Should be the motto of this bunch of turds.

A guy I know (who voted for the jerk O) called me to see if I'd come over and look at his air conditioner. He said it was 85 degrees in his house. (S. FL) I told him I could change that for him. I went over there and turned on the heat & set the thermostat at 90. I went home and waited for him to call. Soon he was on the phone complaining it was even hotter now than before. I told him that's a change and all I promised him was that I'd change it. It may not be the kind of change he had in mind, but I never said what it would be. I think he's too stupid to learn from that. Typical O-bot.

Posted by: man of few words at October 6, 2009 12:49 PM

the opposition is 2 fold:
a. he doesn't know anything. he doesn't know the basic facts of history that most historians agree on, so his attempts at interpretation and synthesis are, well, laughable.

b. he's simply a partisan in populistic clothing. how can he, w/ Bush in office, be FOR the Patriot Act and TARP, then become a libertarian who opposes gov't power and is quoting Thomas Paine just a couple of months later? Just change the letter next to the POTUS's name, that's how. It's beyond disingenuous and evinces no cogent worldview or convictions, which is supposedly his whole schtick. He's a political carnival barker.

I'm sorry, but I don't think Paine was saying that big centralized gov't was OK so long as the RIGHT political party was in charge.

This is why you have to be an idiot to take Beck seriously. It's not like you don't have intellectuals on the right. YOu just push them away for Glenn Beck.

Posted by: brs at October 6, 2009 1:43 PM

RE: Posted by: brs at October 6, 2009 1:43 PM

WTF are you talking about? Did you read the post?

Posted by: TonyD95B at October 6, 2009 2:00 PM

Forget it, Tony. Just agree with BRS and back away slowly. Leftists live in their own world. BRS was probably having a heated dialogue with someone that no one else can see.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at October 6, 2009 3:26 PM

Next stop: a "Doctors' Guild." For some reason, Reds love the word "guild."

You heard it here first.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at October 6, 2009 3:26 PM

My mother always told me to beware of "the men in the white coats" coming to take me away.

Did they take Obama away yet??

Posted by: Stymie at October 6, 2009 5:04 PM

Posted by: brs at October 6, 2009 1:43 PM

........................BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

What the hell was that all about?

You represent you side well! IDIOT!

Posted by: Dave at October 6, 2009 5:56 PM