« Biden Bingo! | Main | Morning Briefs: Stuff You Probably Have Already Read Somewhere Else »

October 30, 2009

God Banned from Home Depot?

Posted by The MaryHunter at October 30, 2009 4:56 AM

It's a sad day for First Amendment-loving do-it-yourselfers far and wide: Home Depot sacks a guy because of overt expressions of - gasp! - faith in God.

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — Trevor Keezer calls himself an American patriot, a man who loves his country, God and religion. He never imagined his beliefs would get him fired.
Keezer said he'd been wearing an American flag button on his Home Depot apron since he began working as a cashier at the store in March 2008. The button read, "One nation under God, indivisible."
But earlier this month, Keezer began bringing a Bible to work to read on his lunch break.
That's when he says Home Depot management told him he would have to remove the button.
Keezer refused, and he was fired on Oct. 23, he said.

He's going to sue. As he should. To add insult to injury:

[Keezer] said he was working at The Home Depot to earn money for college, and wore the button to support his country and his 27-year-old brother, who is in the National Guard and is set to report in December for a second tour of duty in Iraq.

One wonders, would management in this Home Depot have hired a yarmulke-wearing Jew? 'Cause, don't you just think of Yaweh every time you see one of those thingies? How offensive can you get.

Comments

This kinda kills me, as I've just poured literally thousands of dollars into The Home Depot this summer for a home renovation project. But I think they did let their employees say "Merry Christmas" last season... just a spot of insensitive local management, or a company-wide trend?

Posted by: pomalom at October 30, 2009 5:05 AM

Can we go turn over some cars, riot in the streets and burn some dumpsters now? Oh wait, sorry, wrong religion.

Posted by: Paul H at October 30, 2009 5:09 AM

They (Home Depot) don't have any trouble with the Sikhs wearing turbans in the ones around here.

Posted by: V the K at October 30, 2009 5:13 AM

Ill be doing my home improvement purchases at lowes from now on.

Posted by: Dante at October 30, 2009 5:19 AM

I've seen checkout women with their hair covered in the moslem style over at the HD near me.

I'm offended! I don't want to be reminded about that child molesting sand monkey who these murderers call a prophet! Take that ridiculous towel off your head, lady or go to work in a mosque.

Posted by: Shooter1001 at October 30, 2009 5:31 AM

LOWES has better customer service
in these parts.

Shame on Home Depot!

Posted by: 3bus at October 30, 2009 5:32 AM

But if he wore a t-shirt with a mass murdering blood thirsty bastard by the name of Che and read Alinksy during lunch......just fine.

Posted by: Anonymous at October 30, 2009 5:38 AM

The Liberals have long declared war on Christianity. I agree with V and Shooter, they would hire a guy wearing a turban without any problems. Why are they so uncomfortable when they hear something as nice as "God bless you" and "Merry Christmas"? Do they feel they are being attacked?

Posted by: Jay B at October 30, 2009 5:46 AM

I predict quite a backlash. The sort of people who shop at Home Depot are not your Princeton-Harvard-Yale ivory tower types.

This is not the first time Home Depot has been caught in the pages of Moonbattery. They were featured here after they set up booths for children at gay pride parades. We said it then, I say it again: Lowe's it is.

Posted by: Karin at October 30, 2009 5:51 AM

Posted by: V the K at October 30, 2009 5:13 AM

According to moonbats, as long as you're not a Christian - then it's okay to express your religious beliefs.

Posted by: SK at October 30, 2009 5:54 AM

Although some here want to don't at liberals for Home Depot's atrocious actions, it's actually a product of the conservative makings.

It appears that you guys have a difficult time taking a stand as you always want things both ways. That, in the real world, simply doesn't compute.

In Kentucky for example(1 of 22 Right To Work states that I thought you supported), an employer has a right to fire an employee at will (with the exception of the EOE provisions which I thought you opposed) just as the employee has a right to quit at will. I thought you guys were capitalist. The only exception would be if they were organized bargaining employees that could arbitrate their grievances. I thought you guys despised union representation.

MaryHunter rightfully says he should sue but that contradicts the rationale that's been prevalent here. I thought you guys were pro tort. And wouldn't this involve one of those dastardly, evil, and liberal leaning "trial lawyers". OMG! And hasn't these types of suits historically been the trade mark of that destructive ACLU?

I've seen so many here rip into government interfering with businesses, Labor Unions, Trial Lawyers, and the ACLU. There's never once been an admission that there's a need in a mix for a balance. It's always been a line in the sand of good and bad.

I understand that a rational rebuttal won't happen and that my post will likely be altered or removed as it once again exposes how badly you contradict yourselves here.

Posted by: andy42302 at October 30, 2009 6:23 AM

Andy you're posting on Moonbattery not huffpo.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at October 30, 2009 6:30 AM

Andy42302, you're conflating a whole lotta stuff here, in order to obfuscate the real issue. Primarily: yes we believe in Capitalism... and we also believe that caplitalist consumers can put their money where their mouths are, viz., can protest with the purse against policies with which we disagree.

Inasmuch as we are pro-tort (Andy, you mean, 'reform' I assume), well we are also all for using the legal system when true justice needs to be served, not when some ambulance-chasing twit like John Edwards wants to bilk big bucks from Big Pharma through tearful lies. Rather, we prefer to uphold our Constitution and it's founding principles, including free speech. THAT's the real issue here.

Oh that's right, forgot: the 'Progressives' feel that our Constitution is rather passe. Obama doesn't like it one bit, in fact.

Posted by: pomalom at October 30, 2009 6:49 AM

The owner of Home Depot is also the owner of the Atlanta Falcons, one of the NFL owners who said he'd never have voted to allow Rush to be a part-owner of an NFL team. So much for freedom of expression, as far as Art Blank is concerned.
Let's see, intolerance of Christians, intolerance of views that don't conform to the owner's views, yeah, I guess HD feels they don't need any of my money.

Posted by: UpNorth at October 30, 2009 6:51 AM

Yep, I agree that Lowes is it. In fact, I'm gonna email Home De Pot and let them know how I feel.

Posted by: C-Bug at October 30, 2009 6:54 AM

Hey, don't know about U but I"m pro tort. Yum.

Posted by: coo coo ca choob at October 30, 2009 7:05 AM

Karin, thanks for the reminder of HD setting up kids' booths (birdhouse building I believe) at the Folsom Street fair in San Franfreakshow. How soon we forget, and thanks to the mary Hunter and Van H. for posting this.

Shame on Home Depot!! What should be a good, American owned, "up from the bootstraps" type of company, is now showing its shameful side. This is ironic because I imagine HD sells American flags.

I'm fortunate to have a Lowe's where I live. There are a couple of local hardware/lumber stores but their selection is limited and prices are high, and one of them caters mostly to contractors rather than weekend do-it-yourselfers.

Trolls, (we all know who you are) before you spout off about how Lowe's is anti-gun, that's an urban legend. Several years ago, on Lowe's website, there was a link to home safety that contained false information about guns and a gun-control agenda. In short time, the link was removed and Lowe's offered a sincere apology to all its customers.

If Lowe's does something moonbatty, I don't know what I'll do. I hope the guy who drives the NASCAR Lowe's car, wins and the guy who drives the NASCAR Home Depot car comes in last place.

Posted by: Graycat at October 30, 2009 7:49 AM

BOYCOTT HOME DEPOT send a letter to those management jerks telling them why and hit them where it hurts in their bank accounts

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at October 30, 2009 7:54 AM

This Keezer guy sounds like a real loser.

Posted by: Anonymous at October 30, 2009 8:06 AM

pomalom,who determines when "true justice" is needed? Is it based on the wealth of the trial lawyer? Can you give me an example of Edward's clients rooking the system? And please spare me the infamous McDonald's coffee spill as that isn't consistent with lawsuits in general nor can it be determined when and how someone should be able to sue.
Farmer, I well understand the difference in Huffpo and here. However, Arianna constantly promotes organized labor, workers rights, Equal Opportunity Employment, and the ACLU. Moonbattery has constantly been against these issues. Moonbattery has always maintained a line in the sand on the evils of liberal's views. Now there's a forum promoting an employee to do what the ACLU has pushed for years and to use "trial lawyers" against the free market practices of big corporate. I find that odd for a site that considers anyone with the least liberal thought to be a "social communist". Are you guys getting a touch of the RINO flu?

Posted by: andy42302 at October 30, 2009 8:06 AM

I'd love it if the ACLU would do what they purport to do, and stand up for this guy in his potential religious freedom suit against the Home Depot. I've read the ACLU has actually backed Christians on a few occasions. We shall see.

Posted by: Reasonable Guy at October 30, 2009 8:16 AM

God Banned from Home Depot?

It's not like God was buying much from them lately, what with the recession and all.

Posted by: Professor Hale at October 30, 2009 8:41 AM

Reasonable Guy (on MB? Now that's funny), it all depends on Florida's labor laws. In KY, an employer can fire a non-union employee for not liking the color of his/her shoes or the way he/she parts their hair. The only exceptions are those defined by law such as blatant discrimination. As much as I find HD's firing appalling, I can assure you that Keezer would never see the inside of a KY courtroom over it. The ACLU has fought similar cases in KY and lost as employer's rights have been legislated and enacted as law. KY is a red state and these laws were pushed through by conservative lawmakers. I just find it odd that Moonbattery now supports the very employee's right's that they've deemed evil for so long.

Posted by: andy42302 at October 30, 2009 8:48 AM

Andy your love affair with huffpo is well known. I was commenting on your "my post will be altered or deleted" line. Van will only delete a post if it is obscene or supporting something so disgusting it deserves to be yanked. Now go back to huffpo and cry them a river. By the way, why do you post here if you don't like the site or the way it's run?

Posted by: Farmer Ted at October 30, 2009 8:53 AM

They didn't have a problem with a "God" pin, but when a Christian bible was brought in...

HOME DEPOT

Its founder, and Co-Chairman of the Board Bernard Marcus is an active zionist. He is on the board of directors of Emet, the Pro-Israel Media "War Room" whos function is to ensure that all media in the US stays biased in favour of Israel.

BOYCOTT ISRAEL CAMPAIGN

Posted by: Anon at October 30, 2009 8:58 AM

Anon, heil hitler,scumbag.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at October 30, 2009 9:02 AM

Wake up, Zionists don't like Christians. Thats the truth, it doesn't make me a Nazi. You are the one yelling "Nazi" because you want to drown out the truth.

Posted by: Anon at October 30, 2009 9:08 AM

I can't believe I'm going to even say this, but I have to agree with andy on this part: "I just find it odd that Moonbattery now supports the very employee's right's that they've deemed evil for so long."

Keezer blantantly refused to follow the dress-code about buttons. His employer should have the right to fire him. Let's say I start up a company and part of my dress code is no buttons. One of my employees shows up with an Obama button, I ask him to remove it per the dress code, he refuses. I should have the right to fire him.

Now, where I think it gets tricky is that HD allowed him to wear the button since March 2008, and only now are they pressing the button issue (pardon the pun). Is it because he started bringing a Bible? Hmmm. There is quite a coincidence in timing.

Posted by: NR at October 30, 2009 9:15 AM

Look, I'm an American, call me an "America First" supporter. A Zionist is an "Israel First" supporter. They have no place in our politics. I'm not a supporter of Islam, I'm a Christian. I put Christians first, not Muslims, not Jews. Does this make me Hitler? You are being reactionary.

The Nazis did have snazzy uniforms, but that's another topic.

I love this site, come here every day. I think what we all need to remember is the real enemy is the Communists. Remember the Cold War? Remember Viet Nam? Korea? All of the Christians killed after the Russian Revolution?

Even Hitler knew that the Commies were the bad guys.

Posted by: Anon at October 30, 2009 9:18 AM

Guess Christian money doesn't spend as well,...fine! Mine will go elsewhere!

Posted by: Chris at October 30, 2009 9:24 AM

Sounds like the Home Depot just committed a HATE CRIME!

Posted by: Laurie at October 30, 2009 9:30 AM

Funny thing is anonomouse I don't see real Christians conveying that kind of hatred towards the Jews. By the way you may be right. Hitler used the word Jews you on the other hand use the word Zionist. So I would have to believe that you are a follower of muhammed and not of God. Now please go back to huffpo and tell them that you failed to incite any religiuos discord here,scumbag.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at October 30, 2009 9:36 AM

Like a lot of things, there is more here than meets the eye. The fact is we don’t fire people for being religious or patriotic. That’s not what we do.

When our store management team noticed that Trevor was wearing his button two months ago, they immediately started working with him on other ways that he could express his patriotism and his religion. He chose instead to keep wearing his non-approved button on his apron.

In this case, the issue isn’t whether or not we agree with the belief on the button. That’s not our place to say. To avoid having to make such a distinction, we have a long-standing policy where only company-provided pins and badges can be worn on our aprons. With 300,000 associates we have to have consistent rules rather than getting into store-by-store debates about what is appropriate.

Sarah, Home Depot Communications
information@homedepot.com

Posted by: Sarah, Home Depot at October 30, 2009 9:44 AM

I bought my gun safe at Lowe's.

nuf sed

Posted by: Jimbo at October 30, 2009 9:46 AM

Farmer Ted,

Are you really a farmer? I hate to ask this, but are you a Christian or a Jew? I told you I was a Christian. Where did I say that I hated Jews? I specifically said that I didn't support Islam. I may be posting anonymously, but that doesn't mean that I'm lying.

I was trying to approach things diplomatically. I do believe that dual citizen of Israel have no place in our politics and that AIPAC has too much influence over American politics.

When Biden says "I am a Zionist", he is saying he he puts Israel before the interests of his own country. That is insane, immoral and illegal.

I doubt that you are a Jew because you can write the name God instead of G_d. So you must be a poor deluded Zionist worshiping Evangelical Christian. I will worship no mortals, have fun waiting for your rapture.

Posted by: Anon at October 30, 2009 9:48 AM

Sarah,

Thanks for posting. Rules that apply to everyone seems fair to me. I can respect that.

I still regret shopping at Home Depot because of your monetary support of children's activities at homosexual events. Lucky for me there is a Lowes just as close as the Home Depot to my house, so it makes it easy to support them instead of you.

Posted by: Anon at October 30, 2009 9:52 AM

Anonomouse i was raised Catholic but I don't prescribe to any given religion. I believe in God and Jesus and also believe you are one big loser. I'm not evangelical so you failed on one ASSumption. I don't have a problem with other religions or the people that practice them but you obviously have a problem with jews. I would guess that you are a dixiecrat,protestant who belongs to the klan. Please go rant about your hatred of Jews at stormfront I'm sure you will find like minded bretheren you can feel comfortable with. You are posting on a conservative site which means for the most part we don't rag on a certain religion,except muslim extremists. If you have been visting theis site as you claim you would know that there are atheists, Christians, Jews,etc that post on this site. We don't judge a person by their belief or disbelief in God unless that make assinine statements such as yourself. If you really want to know who holds the most influence in our nations politics all you have to do is look towards China or the middle east. Now off to stormfront with you and enjoy your neo-nazi friends,scumbag.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at October 30, 2009 9:59 AM

I thought Farmer Ted was the character played by Anthony Michael Hall in the movie Sixteen Candles.

Posted by: Graycat at October 30, 2009 10:09 AM

@ Graycat. ;)

Posted by: Farmer Ted at October 30, 2009 10:12 AM

Funny thing about assumptions. I also was raised Catholic, I am a registered Republican. I also think that I'm doing a good job of not jumping to conclusions or name calling like you are.

My only problem with Jews is the number of them in our politics compared to their numbers in our society. To say they are over represented would be putting it mildly.

I don't frequent Stormfront, but they probably appreciate the free advertising you gave them. Calling anyone that disagrees with you a racist, or Hitler like you have is typical ADL behavior, also found in ACORN and the Progressive (Communist) Left. So you aren't in good company.

I have not been, nor am I interested in the Klan, once again the typical reaction to automatically discredit someone rather than consider the facts.

I do consider that Moonbattery tends to be a little pro-Israel for my taste, but their heart is in the right place. Many conservatives think that to be anti-terrorist is to be pro-Israel. That just shows that all of those big dollar PR campaigns by Israel (Supported by Home Depot) are paying off.

Posted by: Anon at October 30, 2009 10:16 AM

Farmer Ted,

Shouldn't you be out harvesting instead of wasting everyone's time ranting and jumping to conclusions?

Posted by: Anon at October 30, 2009 10:18 AM

If you think this is bad go to Massresistance.com and see what Home Depot does endorse.

Posted by: Anonymous at October 30, 2009 10:22 AM

Nobody wants to hear "Zionist" "AIPAC" running America conspiracy bullsh*t.
Farmer Ted is right, off to stormfront with you.

Posted by: G at October 30, 2009 10:32 AM

I visit Moonbattery multiple times a day. It is on my Google Chrome bookmarks Bar. I recommend it to friends and family. I read articles posted here to co-workers. (Thank God I work at a job where I can still get away with that!).

I have even sent in and had posted anti-Obama art work a few times. Just because I posted something that Farmer Ted didn't totally agree with I am a Troll and accused of being Hitler, a Muslim Terrorist, and a member of the Klan.

I would find it to be funny, if if it weren't so reactionary and close minded. I want to thank VanHelsing for not wiping my posts for not being as Pro-Israel as the site usually is. Chalk one up for Freedom of Speech!

Posted by: Anon at October 30, 2009 10:36 AM

Anon you have the right to freedom of speech and we have the right of freedom of opinion. You are by far an anti-semite and need to go back to trolling the kos,huffpo,etc. There you will find many anti-semite like your self and can feel at ease with your bigotry. Now be gone liitle heinrich.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at October 30, 2009 10:56 AM

Once again, jumping to conclusions and name calling...seems you are a one trick pony Ted. I have never been a reader of KOS, and don't read Huffington (but have followed links to there from here to read their outrageous leftist posts). I am a Conservative not a Communist.

"Heinrich" is a German name, seems you are the racist to consider calling me a German a put down. And I believe that wanting Israel out of our politics is far from being Anti-Semite. It is only being an American...free from undue foreign influence.

Funny how you say "we have the right of freedom of opinion", so now you are speaking for everyone else on this site? So, only your way of thinking is "right thinking" and any other point of view is wrong and must be shouted down? Do the rest of you feel this way?

If you didn't fear being proven wrong you would actually allow research and discussion about Israel's influence on our politics. Instead you rant and scream and shout "Anti-Semite!" to keep any rational discussion from taking place. So, how much does the ADL pay you Ted?

Posted by: Anon at October 30, 2009 11:19 AM

"In Kentucky for example(1 of 22 Right To Work states that I thought you supported), an employer has a right to fire an employee at will (with the exception of the EOE provisions which I thought you opposed) just as the employee has a right to quit at will.
"Posted by: andy42302 at October 30, 2009 6:23 AM"

If an employee does not have the right to quit, he is a SLAVE. If an employer does not have the right to fire some one, he is a SLAVE to the worker.
And you're an idiot.

ANON, f*ck off.

Posted by: KHarn at October 30, 2009 11:25 AM

anonjewhater, Your hatred of Jews is obvious,so yeah we get it you hate jews. America is comprised of many different races of people but some how you are focused on the Jews. Ok, who's next on your hit list? After the Jews are gone then who will you deem as an undesireable influence on American politics? Blacks,whites,mexicans,etc... face it you are a bigot and the only America you want to see is a lilly white no jews allowed America. Sorry bigot it isn't going to happen. Here's a little advice. Quit posting before you sound even more ignorant then you have already made yourself sound. Now off you go little muhammed.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at October 30, 2009 11:27 AM

Wow, great thinkers of the world unite!

"ANON, f*ck off."
Simply brilliant!

Farmer Ted, you are the one focusing on Jews, I said that I didn't trust politicians (Zionists) that put another country's interests ahead of ours. I have told you repeatedly that I am not a Muslim, still you call me Muhammed (sic).

I guess you thought it was funny when the Jew pissed on the picture of Jesus on "Curb your enthusiasm". He's a Jew, he can do no wrong, isn't that right?

Besides, I can't hate Jews, that would be illegal now that Anti-Christ Obama has passed the Hate Law.

Posted by: Anon at October 30, 2009 11:38 AM

Sarah @ The Home Depot:
I guess I was a bit confused as to the reason for the firing. I support the right for private businesses to set their own regulations, and if Keezer was fired because he didn't remove the pin, well, fine.

However, he mentioned something about being fired only after reading the Bible in the store. Is that an accurate depiction of the events?

Posted by: Reasonable Guy at October 30, 2009 11:47 AM

Sorry for getting caught up in the little skirmish with Farmer Ted, he is after all, a man out standing in his field.

To get back on topic, Home Depot supports having children's activities at Gay pride events (Folsom Street Fair)as well all supporting Israel with Zionist propaganda (Home Depot's founder, and Co-Chairman of the Board Bernard Marcus is an active zionist. He is on the board of directors of Emet, the Pro-Israel Media "War Room" whos function is to ensure that all media in the US stays biased in favour of Israel).

So think about what your money is being used for before you shop there.

That's all, thanks for playing along. It made my afternoon go that much fast. Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Posted by: Anon at October 30, 2009 11:58 AM

Anonhatesjews,
I didn't break a sweat debating you. You are still a bigot and need to take your racist brand of crap out of here. You claim to be a regular but that's obviously a lie because you would have known better then to post like a little hitler/muhammed.
What would you do if your life depended on a Jew. Would you die in ignorance or live and learn.
Don't bother replying I already know the answer.scummbag.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at October 30, 2009 1:21 PM

KHarn, my point was that because employers have as much right to fire as an employee has to quit in KY, there is no legal dispute when one is terminated. Accordingly, I don't understand this thread's complaint as this is a result of right wing theories and wishes.

Posted by: andy42302 at October 30, 2009 1:26 PM

Once again...Saying that the "Israel First" Zionists are a bad and undue influence on our politics doesn't make me a racists.

Seeing that you, Ted, choose as your first line of defense to call me a "racist" is just as weak as when the Leftists do it.

So, you claim that it's better to be under thought control? That I should have "known better" than to post my educated opinion here because I am a regular?

Thanks for calling me a "scumbag" and making yourself look ignorant. Once again you fail.

Posted by: Anon at October 30, 2009 1:38 PM

anonhatesjews,
An educated opinion compared to what? Muslim extrmetists,nazis,kkk? You are the one that has failed. As you can see nobody wants your dumb biggoted ass here so why not just leave. You sound like one of those troofers that think those evil jews flew the planes into the twin towers. Now go adjust your tinfoil hat and wait for the black helicopters to pick you up.
By the way you never answered the question in my previous comment thus proving you would rather die ignorant then to live and learn.
You little boy are an epic failure and I'm sure your life reflects that. Now hurry along there's a cleanup in aisle three. scumbag.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at October 30, 2009 1:52 PM

@ Farmer Ted

Compared to you, obviously. You just can't help yourself can you? You know that cursing and calling names doesn't help your point, right?

My life is in the hands of the Jews, Israel does have nukes, right? But I wasn't talking about the Jews, you were.

I refer to the Zionists, you call them Jews so you can shout "Anti-Semite!", "Nazi!", "KKK!" (Please don't look at the facts, can't you hear me shouting?)

Then you attempt to put me down making a reference to working at a supermarket. Obviously I work at a supermarket and surf to moonbattery everyday from work...seriously. There is nothing wrong with working at a supermarket, but thankfully my college education has given me a different career.

Your career is apparently posting pro-Israel PR for the ADL on websites. They should really hire someone that's better at it than you are.

As for 9/11: follow the money. Who benefited from it? Do the research, make up your own mind. Don't believe everything your TV tells you.

Posted by: Anon at October 30, 2009 2:11 PM

nothing in the story suggests discrimination toward Christians, as the button he wore could have been worn by a Jew or a Muslim just as easily. The point is that they don't allow any such personal buttons that the company has not approved. He was told repeatedly and even offered an alternative patriotic approved button, which he refused. So he knew he was going to be fired and chose to be fired.

The comments about compulsory clothing or headdresses etc are not on point. They have nothing at all to do with buttons that no faith requires.

Likely the guy was a real pain in the rear end for this to have gone so far.

Posted by: jbomb at October 30, 2009 2:32 PM

Frankly i hope HOME DEPOT gise the way of K-MART and gose bankrupt

Posted by: Flu-Bird at October 30, 2009 2:38 PM

Anon, the fact of the matter is, "Zionist" is an anti- Semitic slur, long used to promote hatred of Jews, and now used frequently by closet anti- Semites as a way of disguising their hatred and thus sparing themselves embarassment. Not necessarily saying YOU are a closet anti- Semite, you might just be unaware of its full implications.
"nothing in the story suggests discrimination toward Christians,"
Aside from the fact that they didn't begin hassling him over the button until after he began bringing a Bible to work, of course.

Posted by: Adam at October 30, 2009 2:58 PM

Andy, (sorry took so long), you simply STILL missed my point: The First Amendment. The Constitution. "Real Justice" is defined in our Constitution, Bill of Rights, and the amendments. That's the kind of 'tort' that I'm just fine with.

But I'm assuming that you've moved on to your Huffpo friends by now. Cheerio.

Posted by: pomalom at October 30, 2009 3:35 PM

Andy42302:
"Reasonable Guy, a real Home Depot spokesperson would never get it through their legal department to publicly discuss the termination of an associate, let alone attach that person's name to it (open's up too many slander issues). Secondly, they don't chase blogs as that would only kindle the debate. But if you honestly think that HD had a board meeting this morning because of the fears of a Moonbattery post, well, I see the irony in your name."

Hyperbole ignored, how do you know the policies of the Home Depot PR department? To me posting on blogs seems exactly like the sort of thing a modern PR dept. would do.

And why the parting shot? Am I--unbeknownst to me--your enemy? Huh. :-)

Posted by: Reasonable Guy at October 30, 2009 3:59 PM

"ANON, f*ck off.
"Posted by: KHarn at October 30, 2009 11:25 AM"

I'll tone it down.

Posted by: KHarn at October 30, 2009 4:37 PM

TY, KHarn! :D
We appreciate the great comments... :DD

Posted by: The MaryHunter at October 30, 2009 4:42 PM

One reasonable comment here, and it was from jbomb. Most chain stores do not allow any religious or political "flare" out of consideration for a diverse customer base. If the worker brought his Bible to work to read at lunch, he should have been asked to read it in his car. Some companies do not even want watercooler wars over religion or politics amongst workers. This is a non-story made into something by the right.

Posted by: Thinking Feller at October 30, 2009 4:43 PM

RG, I have no idea who you are nor do I consider you my enemy. Perhaps my jab was uncalled for and accordingly, I apologize but there is a bit of oxymora in Reasonable/Moonbattery.
I'm actually ignorant on the policies of Home Depots PR departments but I'm somewhat educated in the fundamentals of corporate Human Resources as well as many of their standard procedures. Home Depot spokesman Craig Fishel had already issued a statement. Corporate spokespersons simply don't make willy nilly statements particularly to random blogs and they certainly go thru their legal dept before including the terminated person's name in their statements. I seriously question that Home Depot made this decision just 5 hours after Moonbattery put it on their blog. But if you want to believe that HD felt a need to address this blog, forgive me for questioning a reasonable guy of being naive.

pomalon, I view a variety of blogs and news sources as it gives one a more rounded view.

Posted by: andy42302 at October 30, 2009 5:29 PM

"Thinking Feller at October 30, 2009 4:43 PM"

No, his BOSS made something out of this when he fired the man. Keezer was not PREACHING, he was READING in the break room, so how could it "offend" the customers?

What if your boss fired you for reading "A History Of The Civil War" durring break because there might be black customers in the store? This is a clear case of someone being "offended" for someone else!

Hey, you Liberals OFFEND my political, religious and cultural beliefs; that means you have to stop posting here! If you don't, I'll have you charged for HATE CRIMES!

Posted by: KHarn at October 30, 2009 7:25 PM

The issue was that he was told to change it to the company approved "United We Stand" and Keezer declined. He was fired for violating dress code. I also saw somewhere here that this was a violation of free speech, it is not because it is a private business that does not have to operate under those free speech provisions.

Posted by: Thinking Feller at October 31, 2009 6:09 AM

Christians unite! Boycott Home Depot! Hit them where it will hurt the worst!!!!! The kid got fired for bringing his bible to read on his break!
Why didn't HD say something to him a year ago, if in fact the firing was over his pin! HD has gone down hill in treatment of employees ever since the original founders sold to the current owners!
The 1st and foremost important thing to them is the dollar! Read the bible about money and evil! Look what's happened all over America! People wake up! This country was founded by people that came here to leave their country where they were being religiously persecuted! Isn't it supposed to be a country founded "by the people, for the people"? People at the top...shame on them, all of them!!!!! Boycott HD...shame on you Home Dumpo!

Posted by: disgusted at October 31, 2009 6:10 AM

We have Home Depot & Lowes right around the corner from each other. When home improvement shopping, I used to go to HD first, then Lowes, mostly because HD was the first stop off the freeway off-ramp.

Now I skip HD altogether and go directly to Lowes because I realised at some point that Lowes always has better deals.

Now I have more reasons not to stop at Home Depot.

Posted by: Essaicheyetee-Bird at October 31, 2009 9:41 AM

Besides, I hate the color orange.

Posted by: Essaicheyetee-Bird at October 31, 2009 9:43 AM

Good Morning everyone!! I am still trying to get more signatures for my Home Depot petition. Your support is greatly appreciated. If you dont know the story check it out on my blog at www.backtobasicsinamerica.blogspot.com the link to the petition is in my blog. God Bless you all :)

Posted by: James at October 31, 2009 3:34 PM

andy42302 you are such a fag..........

Posted by: Anonymous at October 31, 2009 3:37 PM

andy42302=butt pirate

How can this fag have kids?

FAG!

Posted by: Anonymous at October 31, 2009 3:46 PM

Anon, I can't help it. I like little boys! They are so young and tender and they have soft pee pees. I can't wait to go and trick or treat tonight. That is when I find the best little boys to fondle. Hey little boy! Want some candy? Great to be out of the closet!

Posted by: andy42302 at October 31, 2009 4:02 PM

More examples of the right's utter fear. They have to highjack names because they can't respond with intelligence. Lame, lame, lame.

Posted by: Anonymous at October 31, 2009 5:12 PM

Posted by: Anonymous at October 31, 2009 5:12 PM

What makes you think I'm from the right cocksucker?
You must be andy42302's butt boy.

One question booty boy, who's on top?

Posted by: Anonymous at October 31, 2009 5:16 PM

Posted by: Anonymous at October 31, 2009 5:16 PM

That is my butt boy buddy.

Ya cumin' over tonight sweet thang? I want some rough butt sex!

Hey Anonymous at October 31, 2009 5:12 PM you want to join in? I can take two pee pees at once. I'll bet you have a pretty mouth.

Give it to me boys. I hope you sweeties are 16 years old or less. Want some candy little boys?

Posted by: andy42302 at October 31, 2009 5:21 PM

Hey andy42302......can I bring my father? He likes little boys to.

Posted by: Anonymous at October 31, 2009 5:25 PM

Hell yes!!! As long as i can bring mine to. I'll bet that Anonymous at October 31, 2009 5:12 PM would like to join in to. He sounds so gay! I would like to hit that for sure.

Posted by: andy42302 at October 31, 2009 5:28 PM

Hey conservatives, how do you like your supporters so far?

Posted by: Anonymous at October 31, 2009 5:43 PM

Posted by: Anonymous at October 31, 2009 5:43 PM

I don't support conservatives? They have smelly pee pees. Are you going to join in with some butt sex tonight? I'll give you a reach around after I give you a donkey punch. Bring your family, I have something special for them too. Don't be scared, I'll pull out.

Posted by: andy42302 at October 31, 2009 5:49 PM

I want some of him to, andy 42302. He sounds so scrumptious.

Posted by: Anonymous at October 31, 2009 5:50 PM

Someone's obsessed.

Posted by: andy42302 at October 31, 2009 6:30 PM

andy42302 at October 31, 2009 6:30 PM

Stop using my name! If I want to suck on little boys wieners that's my business. I'll bet you like it up your butt name stealer. Got any kids that are 16 or younger? I prefer little boys. They are so tender.

Posted by: andy42302 at October 31, 2009 6:35 PM

"Someone's obsessed."

I am! With little boys.

Care to join in, name stealer? Bring the family along, it will be special dontcha know.

Posted by: andy42302 at October 31, 2009 6:43 PM

Posted by: Anonymous at October 31, 2009 5:43 PM

Hey cock breath. I hate all you guys that's why I want to grudge fuck you and all your friends.

Posted by: andy42302 at October 31, 2009 6:47 PM

I have to go now. I want to give a couple of 16 year old boys some treats tonight. Know what I mean?

Anonymous at October 31, 2009 I still want you up my butt! come and get it while it's still hot, muddy, and steamy you animal. Bring the kids along!

Posted by: andy42302 at October 31, 2009 7:12 PM

It's one thing that Moonbattery promotes bigotry and the failure of our government. But to openly allow and promote pedophiliac trolling is over the top.

Posted by: andy42302 at November 1, 2009 4:11 AM