« Open Thread | Main | Warding Off Bullies With Apologies »

September 25, 2009

Our Protests and Theirs

The Democrats claim that people who organize against ObamaCare, ObamaDeficits, and Obamunism are "mobs," "Brownshirts," and "domestic terrorists." Yet, I note during the 9-12 protests in Washington, there were no arrests, no acts of vandalism, and they generally left their venues cleaner than they found them. This is what a protest by freedom-loving American patriots looks like.

090912-tea-party-statesboro-ga_02a.jpg

phx-tea-party-sept-12-2009_15a.jpg

What was the worst thing to happen during the 9-12 march? Someone held up a sign that said "Bury ObamaCare with Ted Kennedy." Oh, what horrible people!

Anyway, this is what a protest of "progressives" looks like. (Pay particular attention to the normal, everyday, well-adjusted people at about 1:30 into the video.)

Red white and black. Where have I seen those colors, before?

And, here's some more progressives protesting.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a5ee6e1f970c.jpg
"Ha! Take that, corporate hegemony! Now, let's go to Starbucks and upload the video to YouTube!
(Hat Tip: Instapundit)

capt.0ea2f35392f54f85a3186671f3836f7a.g20_summit_protest_pamr101.jpg
"Oh, officer, I've been such a bad boy. I need many, many spankings."
(Hat Tip: Instapundit)

capt.photo_1253828162884-1-0.jpg
"See? This is why we can't have nice things."
(Yahoo News/Getty Images)

And this is what happens when Progressives protest:

About the time that President Obama and his wife, Michelle, were stepping off Air Force One, protesters started throwing rocks at police and police cars and dragging trash containers into the middle of the street to block traffic. A few local businesses, including a branch of PNC Bank, had windows shattered by rocks or bricks. Police in riot gear fired rubber bullets and canisters of pepper spray and smoke into the crowds. By Thursday evening, 16 people had been arrested, bringing the week's tally of G-20-related arrests to 32, said Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Diane Richard.

And what's with the black facemasks anyway? I guess nothing says "peaceful protest" and "I have no intention to commit vandalism and behave anti-socially" like a black hankie tied around your face. (Is it racist to say "black hankie?" Probably).

r2829515347.jpg
"Confident! Confident! Dry and secure!"
(Yahoo News/ AFP)

Lefties will say, "These pics aren't fair. Those aren't progressives, those are anarchists." Well, maybe there's a reason anarchists show up at your protests but not ours. Maybe it's because they have more in common with you than us. And maybe they just know where they will be welcome, and where they won't be.

Posted by Gregory of Yardale at September 25, 2009 4:35 AM

Comments

What's surprising is that this vast contrast in decorum between the Rightie Mob and the Leftie Mob isn't really discussed.

Oh wait, what was I thinking? Not surprising at all. Need more coffee.

Posted by: The MaryHunter at September 25, 2009 5:53 AM

"Well, maybe there's a reason anarchists show up at your protests but not ours. Maybe it's because they have more in common with you than us. And maybe they just know where they will be welcome, and where they won't be."

In a nutshell, this is...

Posted by: Fuzzlenutter at September 25, 2009 5:56 AM

Well, Fuzz, that and the people who go to our protests have jobs, families, a basic sense of dencency...

Posted by: V the K at September 25, 2009 5:58 AM

Look at those horrid American police and their weapons of war persecuting those poor, innocent, peaceful protestors!

Posted by: Kryten at September 25, 2009 6:03 AM

To all Americans linking to the far left wing rag in my last comment: read the comments! We don't all approve of anarchic savages breaking windows!

Posted by: Kryten at September 25, 2009 6:05 AM

re: Posted by: Kryten at September 25, 2009 6:05 AM

Kryten (Cretin?) tries to deflect criticism with, "...We don't all approve of anarchic savages breaking windows!"

Maybe so - but enough of you do. The pattern of antisocial behavior of the political Left is undeniable, so don't bring that nonsense around here. We know better.

Posted by: TonyD95B at September 25, 2009 6:10 AM

Did you follow my link sir? It was a link to a Grauniad article damning police in the area. "We" in the context in which I used the word referred to UK citizens: the commenters on the Grauniad article who weren't buying the premise of the article. Tp make things simple I'll give you the address here:

Please read harder next time. Thank you.

Posted by: Kryten at September 25, 2009 6:14 AM

Note to Mr. Angry Tony the style of my first comment is what we like to call sarcasm.

Posted by: Kryten at September 25, 2009 6:16 AM

BTW, Cretin - let's not forget that your side actually KILLS people.

Murderers Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn are at arm's length from the current Neofascist / Socialist / Communist occupant of the White House - yet Nancy Pelosi is in tears over the possibility of 'right wing violence'?

Talk about projection......or is it deflection?

Posted by: TonyD95B at September 25, 2009 6:16 AM

For crying out loud! For fucking out flaving loud! Are you so fucking thick?!!!!! I’m not on their fucking side!!!! Read what I said in context you fucking retard!

Posted by: Kryten at September 25, 2009 6:19 AM

RE: Posted by: Kryten at September 25, 2009 6:16 AM

If you think my 6:10 AM post reflects "anger", then you really do need to lay off the Kool-Aid.

Posted by: TonyD95B at September 25, 2009 6:20 AM

I'm just frustrated because you're jumping to paranoid conclusions without reading what I wrote. I'll explain it as succinctly as I possibly can here in the hope that you'll finally understand it; clearly I was being too subtle before:

My first comment links to a article in the far-left wing UK rag the Grauniad which ignores the atrocious behavior of the anarchists and finds a reason to damn the police instead (non-lethal sonic weapons used to disperse crowd). I then went on to say please read the comments on the linked article, which proves that not everyone in the UK, even Grauniad readers, support these people. Here’s an example of such comment, copied and pasted from the Grauniad article:

===Grauniad article===
Well, when your 'own citizens' decide to run through town breaking windows, setting things on fire and dressing in all black with masks and helmets then this is definitely an appropriate response.

Obama has the right to feel protected. If Obama wants to zap these troublemakers with the sonic things than fine. Police and government have more important things to do than to have to deal with these roving bands of anarchists. If they werent breaking he law by marching without a permit this would have never happened.

Besides, they are mostly edgy alternative types who prolly listen to avant garde noise anyway.
====

Get it now? Why to people jump to conclusions so quickly on this website?

Posted by: Kryten at September 25, 2009 6:27 AM

Amazing. The flag waving Red,White and Blue Americans are the domestic terrorist.

Posted by: babs at September 25, 2009 6:33 AM

Damn, looks like my name-calling, angry spouse has left me. Guess he has finally understood my comments now. Crap.

Posted by: Kryten at September 25, 2009 6:37 AM

Nut job Alex Jones is defending the Anarchists on his web site. He says they're peacefully protesting but that the police have planted instigators in their ranks just to get violence started. What a dope.

Posted by: Tom at September 25, 2009 6:39 AM

A little birdie in Pittsburgh mentioned to me that the press is not covering the protest very well. It seems that some of the leftard anarchist got the living hell beat out of them by the local people who got tired of their crap. Rumor has it that citizens dressed in Penguins attire, and carrying a model of the Stanley Cup removed scum from the streets.

I guess that the protesters forget that they are in middle America, and not on the moonbat infested coast's like Seattle.

Posted by: Stephana at September 25, 2009 6:42 AM

These anarchists are nothing more than unwitted pawns of commie organizations here in the U.S.

Posted by: son of a preacher man at September 25, 2009 6:43 AM

Does Moonbattery want One World Government and Currency?

Posted by: Anonymous at September 25, 2009 6:43 AM

V the K,

Everything you stated above is obviously true except that I was laid off from my software analyst position (Gee, thanks again Obama for THOROUGHLY FUCKING UP our economy!), so I have no job at present (but I do have my family and a basic sense of decency...)

Posted by: Fuzzlenutter at September 25, 2009 6:49 AM

Off topic, I woke up early this morning and saw Mars and Venus through my telescope :)
Just thought you wanted to know.

Posted by: obamasux at September 25, 2009 7:04 AM

I have to wonder where all the money to produce those puuuurdy signs and shirts is coming from. Seems VERY organized to just be a bunch of anarchists rabble.

Posted by: TED at September 25, 2009 7:05 AM

Gee, didn't somebody take issue with our predictions a few days ago? Looks like we pretty well nailed it, though. Maybe we know what we're talking about? Nah, couldn't be.

Posted by: Mr Evilwrench at September 25, 2009 7:21 AM

The difference between the two the two those who protestsagainst obamas plans are peaceful they let their faces be seen and none were arrested unlike the mob of thugs and hoods who keep their cowardly faces hidden behind bandannas and their rioting,looting and vandalizing and getting arrested

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at September 25, 2009 7:42 AM

Fuzz, I should have said, we rely on jobs for income, not trust funds. (Sorry about your situation. I'll pray for you.)

Posted by: V the K at September 25, 2009 7:45 AM

Leave it to leftist anti-capitalists to resort to violence.

When are these idiots going to stop trying to relive/recreate 1968?

Live in the now!

Posted by: J at September 25, 2009 8:49 AM

You nailed it VtheK. I bet most of the anarchists in attendance have mommies and daddies back home who have coddled them, still give them money for their drug habits and will bail them out of jail.

Posted by: Anonymous at September 25, 2009 9:20 AM

alex jones is taking a page outta the iranian playbook. Remember they said cia plants shot Neda to discredit the fair and honorable reelection of the much loved iminnamoodforjihad.
I'm glad the good citizens of Philly got some of the "protesters".

Posted by: czuch at September 25, 2009 9:36 AM

V, to ansewr the question posed at the end of the thread, the majority of those protestors are anarchists. Wearing facemasks and especially bandannas to those events are a standard fashion trend among anarchist protestor psychos for a couple reasons:
1. When they inevitably cause violence and crime at the protests, it makes it harder for the cops to identify and arrest them (One of the greatest fears of an anarchist protestor douchebag is being forced to take responsibility for his or her actions).
2. (This was actually said by an anarchist protestor a few yeas back, when asked by a cop why they wear bandannas over their faces) They are afraid that if they don't cover their faces, their parents might recognize them while watching news reports on the mayhem, and get angry at them. Another major fear of anarchist protestors which ties into the one I mentioned earlier is that their parents might learn what they're up to, get angry, and cut off their trust funds.

Stephana, what you described sounds awesome! It's high time that the regular citizens stand up to those spoiled anarchist protestors and make it perfectly clear that they are NOT going to let a bunch of lawless, cowardly, self- righteous, dope- addled freaks turn their town into a war zone.

Posted by: Adam at September 25, 2009 11:09 AM

RE: Posted by: Kryten at September 25, 2009 6:27 AM

Kryten - just getting back on the thread. Had to deal with that pesky "work" thing.

I read the article from the Guardian, ALL the comments, and watched both videos.

Sorry, but your sarcasm apparently eluded me. I was taken aback by the number of blockheads that were sympathetic to the protesters. There were a few that stood up for common sense, but not many.

You have to remember that our resident Leftist trolls take things like the "sonic cannon' and blow them well out of proportion.

My apologies on the misunderstanding. Chalk it up to "Friendly Fire".

If you are standing where you say you are, my rounds should have impacted well to your Left...... ;)

Posted by: TonyD95B at September 25, 2009 11:28 AM

Well keep in mind that is the Grauniad. Most commenters were dyed in the wool Grauniadites. A few sign-in-once-to-register-disgusters had some sensible things to say:

==1==

There's no outrage from the many businesses that had windows smashed and car set alight. There were many legitimate peaceful protests throughout the city.

These were not protesters but rather rioters.

==2==

@tuckinator

When did we loose the right to publicly voice our opinion?

The moment you started chucking street furniture around and trashing people's businesses.

==3==

In the USA, the police turn weapons on their 'own people' all the time when they commit acts of violence; that's why we have police. Whether it be guns, bobbies, mace, tasers...but the way you choose to write this is as if there has been some kind of friendly fire incident, by using phrases such as 'on their own people' and 'security forces' instead of police. I was listening to the Pittsburgh news online and I repeatedly heard the reporting of there being many peaceful demonstrators doing their thing with no problem.

Why do you want to make this out to be more than it really is?

==

And a few more like that. It drives me mad reading the other comments though.

Posted by: Kryten at September 26, 2009 6:10 AM

If you had a gun and one of those masked hooded pigcraps came into your store to rob it im sure you would send them to the mourgue with bullet holes in their skulls

Posted by: Flu-Bird at September 26, 2009 6:52 PM

Puppets. Always with the puppets. And the drums. And groupspeak chanting. And contriving to get arrested.

The Left needs some new material.

Posted by: comet at September 26, 2009 9:10 PM