« Insane Killer Escapes on Field Trip to County Fair | Main | Terror Plotters to Plead "Not Guilty by Reason of Fried Chicken" »

September 18, 2009

First Lady Purchases Most Expensive Leafy Greens Ever

So, what do you do if you just happen to run out of certified organic Tuscan kale? Vladimir Putin will be over any minute, to graciously thank your husband for trashing the Polish/Czech missile defense shield. Looming international crisis if the meal isn't just right.

Well, if you're Our Dear First Lady Michelle-My-Belle Obama, you simply pop on down to the local farmer's market, a short block or two away from the White House, for a quick, unobtrusive, errand:

The Secret Service and the D.C. police brought in three dozen vehicles and shut down H Street, Vermont Avenue, two lanes of I Street and an entrance to the McPherson Square Metro station. They swept the area, in front of the Department of Veterans Affairs, with bomb-sniffing dogs..., put up barricades to keep pedestrians out, and took positions with binoculars atop trucks. Though the produce stand was only a block or so from the White House, the first lady hopped into her armored limousine and pulled into the market amid the wail of sirens.

What a beautiful day in Washington DC it was: partial sun, light breeze, and only slightly humid from the panting of myriad police dogs.

Then, and only then, could Obama purchase her leafy greens. "Now it's time to buy some food," she told several hundred people who came to watch. "Let's shop!"

As the camera swoops over the crowd toward the First Lady with a stunning bird's-eye POV (courtesy of a special-ops modified Apache helicopter, hellfire-stinger-sidewinder-equipped and with upgraded A-10 Warthog-class 40mm gatling gun), a touching ceremony ensues.

Cowbells were rung. Somebody put a lei of marigolds around Obama's neck. The first lady picked up a straw basket and headed for the "Farm at Sunnyside" tent, where she loaded up with organic Asian pears, cherry tomatoes, multicolored potatoes, free-range eggs and, yes, two bunches of Tuscan kale. She left the produce with an aide, who paid the cashier as Obama made her way back to the limousine.

That wee bunch of certified organic Tuscan kale probably cost the American taxpayer more money than either you or I could possibly spend in a Whole Foods market shopping spree. That booty could have fed an entire family in ACORN housing for a week, with money left-over for HBO and Showtime. But at least it was organic, dadgummit.

Michelle_Market.jpg
Even the lei was organically grown. Don't ask.

Posted by The MaryHunter at September 18, 2009 6:31 PM

Comments

I'm guessing the guy in back lei'd michelle, the one with the trench coat. That is the reason she is smiling. Dear leader Das Fuhrer "O" is like the original Das Fuhrer, he only has one nut.

Posted by: funkendunkel at September 18, 2009 7:13 PM

More hypocrisy from the article (this is too much)

Obama, in her brief speech to the vendors and patrons, handled the affordability issue by pointing out that people who pay with food stamps would get double the coupon value at the market. Even then, though, it's hard to imagine somebody using food stamps to buy what the market offered: $19 bison steak from Gunpowder Bison, organic dandelion greens for $12 per pound from Blueberry Hill Vegetables, the Piedmont Reserve cheese from Everson Dairy at $29 a pound. Rounding out the potential shopping cart: $4 for a piece of "walnut dacquoise" from the Praline Bakery, $9 for a jumbo crab cake at Chris's Marketplace, $8 for a loaf of cranberry-walnut bread and $32 for a bolt of yarn.

Just too much for me. I'm going out to eat some grass.

Posted by: pomalom at September 18, 2009 7:27 PM

If they can't have bread let them eat arugula.

Posted by: Unonymous at September 18, 2009 7:29 PM

I swear she looks like a................

Posted by: Dave at September 18, 2009 7:43 PM

I don't care what people say, that women has a large ass.

Posted by: blue at September 18, 2009 8:08 PM

Michelle's arrival... Cowbells ringing...

Coincidence?

Posted by: Henry at September 18, 2009 8:15 PM

Her ass has it's own friggen zip code

Posted by: Contrarian_Libertarian at September 18, 2009 8:16 PM

Have you seen her picture on Drudge in her hernia belt? She's complaining how American women are suffering under our current health care system.

Mexican women aren't.

Posted by: Jimbo at September 18, 2009 8:19 PM

What, no collard greens?

Posted by: Jay Guevara at September 18, 2009 8:35 PM

It may be just me, but she really isn't worth shit. Stupid bitch, send out one of your fucking cronies to get that stuff. I'm so glad my tax money goes to protecting your stupid ass...cough, cough. Forgive me Jesus.

Posted by: obamasux at September 18, 2009 8:42 PM

Her butt don't hold the proverbial candle to the Hillary's hams!

I've been chastised in the past for dissing the wookie with a purse. No matter what color she is, she's just a biggun!

Posted by: Duke at September 18, 2009 8:46 PM

So while hundreds go hungry she buys fancy greens for their next party with the ACORN and PETA wackos

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at September 18, 2009 9:00 PM

Not only that, Plover, partner - they shut the whole freaking thing down so MissHell could buy greens without rubbing elbows with the rabble. So the merchants suffered, and all the little people looking to buy dinner for their families suffered.

This Whitehouse has NO shame. Stomp on the little people is all they do.

Posted by: Jimbo at September 18, 2009 9:15 PM

My God she looks like a Klingon warrior.

Posted by: Anonymous at September 18, 2009 9:29 PM

I can't help but notice that the Obamas seem to think they're King and Queen, not President and wife (lower-case intentional).

Posted by: Bob Smith at September 18, 2009 9:36 PM

What's up with the lady in the rain coat in the background? Looks to be a little miffed at Ms. Maobama.

And Jimbo, I read the article on Drudge: "Michelle Obama said women are being “crushed by the current structure of our health care” because they often are responsible for taking care of family illnesses, arranging checkups and monitoring follow-up care."
It's called being a good mother!

Posted by: C-Bug at September 18, 2009 9:42 PM

C-Bug, she's a hugeeeee supporter nanny-state policies. Not only that, but she would never advocate on behalf of responsibility.

Responsibility, if it were to be realized on a wide-scale, would cause the socialst world to collapse because it relies on people willingly being irresponsible so that the gub'mint can hold everyone's hand.

Posted by: AmericanToTheCore at September 18, 2009 9:50 PM

It's called being a good mother!

Posted by: C-Bug at September 18, 2009 9:42 PM

Being a good mother is what it's always been called. Only before, it was a family responsibility, rather than a "it takes a village" responsibility.

That's what liberalism is all about. They want to replace the central FAMILY with a "village" family of "diversity". Sorry - I don't care for the people or the ideas of the people who populate these liberal villages of "diversity".

They are all about taking, not giving.

Posted by: Jimbo at September 18, 2009 10:20 PM

"The Secret Service and the D.C. police brought in three dozen vehicles and shut down H Street."

And THAT was just to accommodate the guys carrying the "WIDE LOAD" signs! How does she squeeze that ass into a limo even!? 2 more pounds and I hear they are going to declare it a planet.

Posted by: TED at September 19, 2009 1:51 AM

She be ugly.

Which is not just a physical thing. It's also about what's inside. It's about who she is as a person. And in her case, it shows on her face, in her speach and in her actions. All ugly.

Posted by: me at September 19, 2009 2:14 AM

But remember, she's a Lib, and is therefore to be judged on her intentions rather than on the results (intentional or otherwise). /sarc

Posted by: LouieLouie at September 19, 2009 2:18 AM

Are they really going to eat that stuff? I thought that any food the prez ate was inspected. Just another example of style over substance.

I can't get over her big butt. I'd say that comes from a lack of vegetables and too much steak.

Posted by: redneckrick at September 19, 2009 2:49 AM

She's ain't smilin', she's growlin'

Posted by: Shooter1001 at September 19, 2009 5:04 AM

The shame is that political people wouldn't have to worry about security if they weren't such assholes. If I were president, I'd have no fear of riding in an open convertible like Kennedy or going to KMart for batteries. Why? Because I wouldn't spend every waking hour dreaming up ways to make Americans starve and freeze in the dark.

Posted by: Anonymous at September 19, 2009 5:57 AM

These people have no shame. They do however have the audacity to lecture us on our carbon footprints. Go eff yourselves.

And the drones of moonbats who worship their masters like a bunch of lap dogs. It's disgusting.

Typical. Clueless. Moonbats.

Posted by: RICH at September 19, 2009 6:40 AM

I didn't think Klingons ate vegetables.

Posted by: V the K at September 19, 2009 6:44 AM

Golly! The McChanges are just ordinary folks like us! (SPIT!)

Posted by: KHarn at September 19, 2009 7:21 AM

yeah right. once michelle got back home it was all about the fried chicken, watermellon, and opossum neck bone stew.
yeah, i said it.

Posted by: Anonymous at September 19, 2009 10:08 AM

MSM: one of the "most beautiful women in America?" Whoa. Is anyone in the house an optometrist? This is an emergency!

At least we now know how she keeps her arms so famously toned.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at September 19, 2009 10:09 AM

Can you imagine rolling over half-asleep and seeing that? I swear I'd have a heart attack on the spot.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at September 19, 2009 10:10 AM

Damn! that woman is ugly.

Posted by: FreeWillie at September 19, 2009 10:14 AM

I guess that garden thingy didn't pan out for her.

Posted by: sassy at September 19, 2009 11:18 AM

Did she just go to away Hawaii? She has one of the flower things around here neck.

Posted by: Bob at September 19, 2009 11:34 AM

Can you be any more garbage than this? Trying to pass for someone "like the folks" she blocks a street, have dogs and teams clear out the pedestrians, no doubt the vendor was searched, and she just has her photo op, buying overpriced vegetables? If you thought Bammie was phony, look at what passes for his wife (is it just me or she's really scary?).

Posted by: Jay B. at September 19, 2009 12:40 PM

Be clear. This was not a spontaneous "I must go out to get some things." This was an orchestrated, pre-arranged, costly, media-covered, publicity stunt.
I doubt very very much if anyone with an IQ higher than Wolf Blitzer's bought this shameless piece of hypocricy.

Posted by: Jim at September 19, 2009 3:50 PM

Aren't we already paying the White House staff to do the shopping and cooking for them?

Of course it was a publicity stunt for the organic-eating, farmer's-market-loving liberals. They go ga-ga over that crap. It's their version of a religious experience.

Posted by: LittleMissPerfect at September 19, 2009 11:11 PM

All hail Queen Michelle.

Posted by: DavidD at September 20, 2009 5:50 AM

That's got to be the ugliest smile on the planet. Ok, ok, maybe not the ugliest. I am sure there are some uglier smiles. I just haven't seen them yet. I keep trying to think where have I seen such a diabolical smile before...
Oh ya. Jack Nicholson - The Shining... Can some one do a photo shop and post it on moonbattery. I would love it.

Posted by: John Knoefler at September 20, 2009 7:46 PM