« Rep Tom Perriello Gets an Earful on Comrade Obama's Czars | Main | Meg Whitman: Huge Fan of Van Jones »

September 6, 2009

Cult of Personality

You would think even moonbats could come up with someone a little more impressive to worship:

On a tip from Angry Fletch.

Posted by Van Helsing at September 6, 2009 11:00 AM

Comments

Mega I agree that Hillary's been ..."played for a fool...defanged, declawed, and made to look foolish and ineffectual."

You know that Hillary's got guts on a whole different plateau from your average spineless Dem. We disagree with her politically, but admire her strength.

I think this is largely the reason she was framed as a Republican by the Obots. She's a fighter and a winner, no matter what you think of her policies. And we know the Left views those particular character traits as pure Republican evilness.

From my chat with my Blue Dog friend I think Hillary is plausible for these reasons:

1. Many Blue Dogs side with us on our view of the progressives.

2. We're familiar with the driving factors behind the Obot victory; Bush, McCain, economy etc. He will have none of these.

3. Just eight months along, the DNC knows what would happen if the 2008 election were held today. There's no reason yet for them to believe differently for 2012.

4. They know they will lose in 2010. Therefore, don't risk 2012 as well.

5. Rebellion in the base. As the Dem pendulum swings away from the hard left, Blue Dog axes will start to grind. Look at healthcare; killed not by us but by the Blue Dogs.

Posted by: Air2air at September 6, 2009 11:30 AM

Hillary/Palin 2012 - a winning ticket

Posted by: Bill at September 6, 2009 12:28 PM

I've been posting here & following this blog for about four years now. Here's my statement of why I believe that we conservatives will ultimately prevail. It's what the left simply doesn't get, and their mindset won't allow.

The left is made up of collectivists, the right of individualists. A few days ago, Evil Otto posted (re-posted, actually) a list of points about lefty trolls (kudos, Otto, right on the mark, btw), and in that post he points out that they're all the same. He's right. Look at Van Jones, and now imagine what's going on in his devotee's heads... most of them must feel lost. He's been discredited. Sure, there will be a few nutbag clingers, but the majority are probably in crisis, wondering about their devotion and if it's misplaced... and not sure what to do next. They can't think as individuals as we do; when their leadership is taken away, they crumble. Same goes for the "Obamessiah"... his poll numbers are plummetting. People are waking up, slowly, and starting to realize that what they thought they elected is NOT what they got.

We on the right, without centralized leadership of any sort (no moveon.org or InternationalANSWER for us), have managed to produce spontaneous 'Tea Parties' and counter-protests all over the nation. No 'astroturfing', for all the libs whining about it. No violence unless liberals start it. Common, ordinary citizens are starting to understand that their freedoms are being eroded, chipped away at, by the collectivists on the hard left... and they're getting pissed.

I hate to bring up old 'Dolfie again, because it invites attack, but it's the only corollary that actually makes sense. In a letter to his brother, the night of June 5, 1944, General Eisenhower said, "Hitler should beware of the fury of an aroused Democracy". As should the collectivists among us, and their false Messiah in the White House.

I think we will prevail and save this nation from the horrors of socialism for the same reason that Stephen Ambrose thought we won the Second World War...

...Ambrose maintains, "On the home front we had free labor, which always outproduces slave labor--and the Nazis were relying on slave labor. Hitler's technicians got stuck in ruts. They were ahead of the world in 1937, but in 1944 they were still building 1930s models. Most of all, we were helped by the fact that in the Army our soldiers accepted responsibility and seized the initiative, which are things that the children of democracy are very good at, and the children of totalitarians aren't. Hitler thought that his kids, brought up in the Hitler Youth, would always outfight kids brought up in the Boy Scouts, because his kids would unquestionably obey, and because they were fanatics. The problem with that was that ultimately the orders could only come from Hitler, so it was difficult to impossible for Germans to ever take the initiative. They would always be waiting for orders. They were paralyzed on D-Day. At a time when they had the means and the wherewithal to drive the British back into the sea, and the tank commanders were ready to go do it, they had to wait to get the okay from Hitler, who was a thousand kilometers away. It was just madness to run an army like that. You see the same thing on a smaller scale throughout the whole war. The Germans made great troops until the lieutenant got killed." [Ambrose, 1998 interview]

We'll win this fight because we are individuals. Members of a "hive-mind" can't function without their George Soros or "community organizers". As those leaders continue to be discredited, more and more O-zombies will wake up.

Ambrose also said, ...when Hitler declared war on America, the only country on which he ever declared war, that he made a bet that German boys toughened by the Hitler Youth and the Führer principle could beat the soft American youths of the Boy Scouts...

The "Dear Leader" of that day lost his bet, just as today's Dear Leader will lose his. Probably not with a pistol in a bunker; more likely with shame and indignation, relegated to the pile of failed presidencies on the dung-heap of history. Either way, he WILL lose this bet.

The individualist spirit of the first Ambrose quote above is what made this country great, what made it the leading (and now only) superpower in the world. It's what makes us the largest economy on Earth. Collectivist thieves cannot take that spirit from me, or any of my friends and family, no matter how hard they try. I can only speak for myself, as I am not a "community organizer"... but as for me (and, I think, many of the regulars here), if it comes down to it, I will head into the swamp with my rifle, my knife, and my copy of the Constitution before I will EVER submit to being a slave for "Dear Leader" and his so-called "czars".

I think there are many more like me. That is why we will prevail. If I am wrong, then so be it... but I will never be another man's slave, or be forced to live the way another man dictates that I should. That is not the spirit of America, and it's something I will fight against even if it costs me my life.

We on the right don't have to look for our leaders... they spring up spontaneously among us, and we rally around them when we agree with their principles. If they betray those principles, we rally around another and don't blindly defend the old one. We think for ourselves, and don't wait for marching orders. That is our strength, and a strength that left can't destroy or match.

I've seen this quote from Heinlein here recently, but not the full one. It bears mentioning in full.

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. The former are idealists acting from highest motives for the greatest good of the greatest number. The latter are surly curmudgeons, suspicious and lacking in altruism. But they are more comfortable neighbors than the other sort.

We Conservatives have no desire to control the leftist's life, and merely want to be left alone. Leftists want to stick every finger and toe into every aspect of our lives. They follow their "Dear Leader", whether it be Van Jones, Obama, Sharpton, Hillary, Al Franken, Bill Maher, or any of the other endless pundits, as if the end result will be what they want. But they forget "Kip's Law":

"Those who promote central planning always... ALWAYS... envision themselves as the 'central planner' ".

But you, dear "progressive" reading this, won't be the central planner. It will be someone else, and I guarantee that his or her 'central plan' will not be to your liking.

So, I ask you, which do you want as a neighbor, the Conservative who will leave you alone, or the Liberal who wants to force you to live the way he or she thinks you should? More importantly, what do you think your neighbor's answer to this question will be?

That is all. I'm off to pack a box for a soldier serving our country in Afghanistan.

Oh, and thanks for putting up with this "wall of text", for any who actually read it all.

Posted by: hiram at September 6, 2009 12:32 PM

hiram, thank you very much for your wise insight.

Another thought occurred to me today. Both the collectivist and the individualist believe that a human being can be perfected. The individualist believes a person can only be perfected through the redemption of Christ. The Collectivist believes the individual can only be perfected through the force of the collective, i.e. a strong all powerful central government controlling every aspect of our lives.

Posted by: Doug at September 6, 2009 12:43 PM

Doug...

While I'm not a Christian (in the traditional, accepted sense), I agree with you here. Individualists like us reject being forced to be "perfected"... collectivists think they're perfect to begin with, and try to force everyone into the same mold as they believe they came from.

Posted by: hiram at September 6, 2009 12:55 PM

Copy Of Obama Follow-Up Quiz For Students Leaked

A copy of the extra credit quiz to be given to students following President Obama’s address to the nation’s schoolchildren on September 8th.

1) After watching him speak, I would describe President Obama as:

A) Powerfully handsome and extremely motivational.
B) All of the above PLUS, the most perfectly racially blended individual ever to grace this planet.
C) All of the above PLUS, the most intelligent and gifted orator ever to descend from above.
D) All of the above times infinity.

2) The free market:

A) Is evil.
B) Is super duper evil.
C) Is neither free nor a market, making it another one of the great lies of the conservatives.
D) Causes AIDS (especially in school age children).

3) Why did President Bush create the current health care crisis?

A) Because he needed an encore after causing global warming.
B) He got bored raping and killing all of those baby harp seals.
C) He heard that one time, health care messed with Texas.
D) Uhh, hello? Didn’t you notice that (R) after his name?

4) What can I do to personally show my support for President Obama?

A) Start making Republicans-only snuff films.
B) Report any suspicious activity by my parents directly to the White House (Suspicious activity includes, but is not limited to: yelling at the TV every time President Obama is on; opposing health care reform; driving an SUV; being self-reliant in general).
C) Every time I hear someone talk about what a disastrous decision President Obama made with Van Jones, I can immediately drop my pants, defecate on the floor and then begin finger painting with my own excrement.
D) Put on my “NEOCON and loving it!” t-shirt and set fire to the local DNC office while a friend videotapes it.

5) You are getting:

A) Sleepy.
B) Very Sleepy.
C) You can hardly keep your eyes open.
D) The soothing, rhythmic tones of President Obama are encouraging you to shout down health care reform opponents at your local townhall events.

Posted by: TED at September 6, 2009 1:26 PM

TED, you forgot to add that there are no wrong answers to this test...everyone wins! Except the children of conservatives. They must report in the morning to the local train station for box car assignments. They're taking a filed trip to Montana...yay!

Posted by: Anonymous at September 6, 2009 4:25 PM

appreciated the wall of text

Posted by: 3bus at September 7, 2009 5:15 AM

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

Posted by: hm~ at September 8, 2009 2:23 AM

aIPkTG thnouwghahnq, [url=http://brnthcpcjlon.com/]brnthcpcjlon[/url], [link=http://bubdlzmdgadv.com/]bubdlzmdgadv[/link], http://sreoxdehgvyy.com/

Posted by: ohoasfjf at September 15, 2009 6:55 AM