« Obama Shafts Friends in Eastern Europe | Main | Appendix Bursts After Socialist Hospital Supposedly Removed It »

August 28, 2009

Moonbat Tech: Shopping Cart Bike

Moonbats do love their bicycles. Here's how you can use yours to prevent an old shopping cart from poisoning Gaia:

Combine a derelict shopping cart with a bicycle for a ride with ample cargo capacity. This is a nice way to save a shopping cart and a bike that might otherwise end up in a landfill. It is quite the head turner but not a good corner turner.
Any mention of this project must provide a link to www.zieak.com with credit to Ryan McFarland.

Why should little kids in those race car shopping carts have all the fun at the supermarket? If you build your own, don't forget to thank Ryan!

cart-bike.jpg

On a tip from Air2air.

Posted by Van Helsing at August 28, 2009 10:58 AM

Comments

It's also the prototype Obamacare Ambulance

Posted by: Air2air at August 28, 2009 11:07 AM

How the hell are you supposed to turn that thing?

Posted by: Pam at August 28, 2009 11:08 AM

I love moonbattery.com, but silly postings like this are a waste of bandwidth.

Posted by: spencer at August 28, 2009 11:09 AM

Easy silly! You get off, grab the rear wheel and move it until the cart faces the desired direction.
You may have to practice doing this quickly should you need to avoid another oncoming bike-O-cart or a wall or an 18-wheeler?
Like that name eh? bike-O-cart. I think I'll copyright it.
Mom can put at least 3 kids in one of those, standing of course. All strapped in for safety! Just make sure its downhill both ways to the natural food market. Peace and love dude, save the whales.

Posted by: Shooter1001 at August 28, 2009 11:18 AM

Spencer lighten up. :0)

Posted by: Farmer Ted at August 28, 2009 11:23 AM

How appropriate that he's not wearing a helmet while biking in the middle of the lane.

Posted by: I'm A Lasagna Hog at August 28, 2009 11:35 AM

"I love moonbattery.com, but silly postings like this are a waste of bandwidth."

Nuh-uh. Anything that makes me chuckle these days is not a waste!

The bike/cart is a good idea, but the Dutch have already invented similar bikes with a giant basket on the front to tote their kids & groceries. Check out the "Bakfiets" at http://www.dutchbikeseattle.com/html/bikes/bakfiets.html

Posted by: LittleMissPerfect at August 28, 2009 11:39 AM

And he's wearing goofy flipflops. First turn and he goes flying and he's in a world of hurt.

I love the silly posts, it's not a waste of bandwidth! It's what we do here.

Posted by: Karin at August 28, 2009 11:46 AM

Betcha that one wobbly wheel that has a mind of its own is a real lu-lu.

Why are all the moonbat attempts at innovation so dorky looking? No wonder they're broke except when taking other's people's money.

On the upside, the sooner that all moonbats actually practice what they preach (yeah I know) and trade in their motor cars for shopping carts and Obamacars, the sooner our SUVs can run them off the road and into eternity.

Posted by: Nunya at August 28, 2009 11:51 AM

You already know I love my bikes, but this one isn't going to fly. LittleMissPerfect is correct - there are lots of great cargo bikes out there that have to be much more comfortable and efficient.

Posted by: NR at August 28, 2009 11:54 AM

Here you go! Great for a run down to the 7-11 for a 12 pack, Marlboros, condoms, some dip and a few dozen scratch-offs.
Welfare check came today.

Posted by: Shooter1001 at August 28, 2009 12:32 PM

Notice this brainstem is not wearing a helmet..while riding what absolutely can not be steered with any level of safety. Of course, this moron will be the first to sue the bike company, shopping cart manufacturer, county for not having safe bike lanes, etc. Darwin Award candidate.

Posted by: Ld at August 28, 2009 12:43 PM

Pherpahs there is no need for a helmet, as this has a built-in safety feature: if you crash, when you flip off the bike, you fall neatly into the cart instead of landing on that nasty pavement.

Posted by: Pam at August 28, 2009 1:17 PM

Um, that first word should be "perhaps."

Posted by: Pam at August 28, 2009 1:17 PM

There's an outfit around here with a couple of those H2 limos, though not all stripey.

Yes, steering on a bike is primarily by leaning, not by turning the wheel. Try to take a turn on that thing and you're going over, unless it's real slow. Design fail.

Posted by: Mr Evilwrench at August 28, 2009 1:41 PM

Now that will make the lines shorter, imagine the isles...

Posted by: TED at August 28, 2009 1:41 PM

Sometimes making something fun and silly is about having a good time. You guys ever have a good time? It really can be fun.

Welding a shopping cart to a bike isn't a huge political statement, its people being wacky. Lighten up tightasses!

Posted by: Anonymous at August 28, 2009 2:12 PM

Posted by: Anonymous at August 28, 2009 2:12 PM

And your idea of a good time is?

"Lighten up tightasses!"

Maybe you should do the same, you take yourself to seriously.

Posted by: Dave at August 28, 2009 2:25 PM

Get that dumb thing full oof groceries go peddling home lose control and CRASH itsa trip to ether the hospital or the pearly gates ANOTHER STUPID IDEA FROM MOONBAT GREENUTS

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at August 28, 2009 2:27 PM

"Maybe you should do the same, you take yourself to seriously."

I'm not the one complaining about a silly grocery bike. That's you, the folks taking themselves too seriously. I mean really, take a look at the photo that you're bitching about and tell me who's wound too tight. The photo is hilarious.

Posted by: Anonymous at August 28, 2009 2:31 PM

I'm not bitching and I don't see any other bitching going on here. Looks like my fellow conservatives are just pocking fun. Does that offend you? Your the one acting uptight.

Read the posts more carefully, Anon.

Maybe it's a typical liberal ploy being applied here. Your trying to pick a fight.

Posted by: Dave at August 28, 2009 2:36 PM

Ya know come to think of it this cycle cart is not such a bad idea after all. It could replace these with electric carts that some of the over weight people use. This could give them a chance to move around the store and get that blood a flowin'. It could also save energy.

The only problem here is that most over weight liberals are lazy and would cry foul or even discrimination against fat folks.

Posted by: Dave at August 28, 2009 2:40 PM

I'm no engineer, but it seems to me that if you put a lawn mower engine under the cart with a chain drive and instead of taking off the front wheel of the bike, you took off the back wheel you wouldn't have to pedal the friggin thing, right? You could steer it too, right? Rig a nice big golf umbrella for all-weather travel and yer set to go!
Probably get 200mpg too!
Gotta think out of the cart sometimes.

Posted by: Shooter1001 at August 28, 2009 3:08 PM

"Shooter1001 at August 28, 2009 3:08 PM"

I saw a guy passing through my neighborhood on an "adult trike" that had a lawnmower engine in the basket, driving the wheel. I thought it was a cool idea!

This isn't a bad idea, but even the artical points out that the steering is bad, ANONYMOUS. Lighten up, I've noticed that Liberals generaly don't have much of a sense of humor.

In the old days, bikes in parks, fairs and tourists haunts were often fitted with rickshaw-type rigs, or large containers in front for street vendors selling icecream and novelties. No one laughed at that.

So come on, put a little THOUGHT into the design and we'll praise you for being inovative!

Posted by: KHarn at August 28, 2009 3:28 PM

I love V H but Van I wish you'd write more - I know you are busy posting so much important news but I miss your pithy and amusing commentary and "context" and I do admit my 2 year old would love zooming around in this cart and we could knock lots of moonbats off the sidewalk in our progressive neighborhood with this - and what can they say?! Yeah!

Posted by: puffdaddy at August 28, 2009 3:34 PM

"Look ma, no brains!"

I can just picture the front wheel on that cart flopping around, shaking violently. What a tool.

This thing is a piece-o-shit. Is the the best we can do? Man, were in trouble. I'm sure our green czar will give it his stamp of approval.

Posted by: RICH at August 28, 2009 5:54 PM

Oops..............

Just rode past this helmetless jackass on my Harley and kicked his cart......for taking up a lane and pissing every car off, which they then take out on motorcycle riders.

Karma is a bitch as this ass swerves into a 3 inch pothole and finds out the true meaning of life....

Larger sized wheels can overcome small potholes, except for the wheels on his idiotmachine...

But I jest. What a great idea this 'thing' is.!?!?!????

This guy is a Darwin expert, I can see it in the photo......

Posted by: Oiao at August 28, 2009 6:21 PM

Typical pussified/feminized American Male in sandals riding the bike.

Why do all American Men look like Pederasts?

No wonder the Govt. does whatever they want. They know there aren't any MEN in the USA.

Posted by: Anonymous at August 28, 2009 8:50 PM

In asia they call them pedicabs

Posted by: Flu-Bird at August 28, 2009 9:05 PM

Posted by: Dave at August 28, 2009 2:36 PM

The leftists have a caricature that conservatives are dour, miserable, and only happy when beating up gays. They think we're all the mother from Carrie, which is ironic coming from a movement dominated by bitter feminists, whining emo-fags, and spoiled rotten trust fund kids.

Posted by: V the K at August 29, 2009 5:25 AM

The noise pollution generated by a shopping cart on pavement would ruin the environment and kill song birds. Anyone who has chased a homeless person would know that. Moonbats are so feckin clueless.

Posted by: grayjohn at August 29, 2009 8:32 AM

Clueless moonbats absolutly clueless and stuck in quicksand and too stupid to realize their in it

Posted by: terrorbird at August 29, 2009 11:57 AM

Posted by: V the K at August 29, 2009 5:25 AM

YUP! I know this I just like to point out how idiotic they really are. That Leftanon just as stupid as they get.

Posted by: Dave at August 29, 2009 1:12 PM

Won't work - as long as he's breathing, the carbon footprint will be too high.

They need to fit him with an exhaust gas recirculation unit to make this viable.

Posted by: titan at August 30, 2009 6:53 AM

Puffdaddy, I agree, I like Van H's writing style. And, I can't watch videos where I am, so I'm not getting alot of this stuff.

Anonymous above about the MEN in the USA. They're out there, just not in the liberal enclaves of certain parts of CA and the northeast. They are definitely still there. I am in hearty agreement with you about sandals on men. I loathe them and think they look gay, squared.

Posted by: Karin at August 31, 2009 6:09 AM

Lose control of that dumb thing roll into rush hour traffic and SQOOSH,SQUISH,SQOARSH SMASH SMARSH

Posted by: terrorbird at August 31, 2009 12:16 PM