« Barack Hussein Gollum | Main | Open Thread »

August 13, 2009

Debbie Stabenow Can "Feel" Nonexistent Global Warming

If you don't believe that our Democrat rulers are flaky enough to replace our healthcare with Tibetan singing bowls and trance healing circles, consider this: despite cooling temperatures, Dem Senator Debbie Stabenow claims she can feel global warming.

Michigan just experienced its coldest July on record; global temperatures haven't risen in more than a decade; Great Lakes water levels have resumed their 30-year cyclical rise (contrary to a decade of media scare stories that they were drying up due to global warming), and polls show that climate change doesn't even make a list of Michigan voters' top-ten concerns.
Yet in an interview with the Detroit News Monday, Senator Debbie Stabenow (D., Mich.) — recently appointed to the Senate Energy Committee — made clear that fighting the climate crisis is her top priority.
"Climate change is very real," she confessed as she embraced cap and trade's massive tax increase on Michigan industry — at the same time claiming, against all the evidence, that it would not lead to an increase in manufacturing costs or energy prices. "Global warming creates volatility. I feel it when I'm flying. The storms are more volatile. We are paying the price in more hurricanes and tornadoes."

Time for this ill-informed kook to update her talking points; hurricane activity has been at a 30-year low.

Dems had better hope they don't get Tax and Charade through the Senate. Deliberately engineering a depression in the name of a discredited hoax won't go over well with the public. ACORN can only manufacture so many votes.

Debbie-Stabenow.jpg
This is what passes for a Senator these days.

On a tip from V the K.

Posted by Van Helsing at August 13, 2009 10:25 AM

Comments

Her ass has it's very own zip code

Posted by: Contrarian_Libertarian at August 13, 2009 10:32 AM

nice tent!

Posted by: Contrarian_Libertarian at August 13, 2009 10:34 AM

there's an all you can eat buffet in her district that has gotten a restraining order against her

Posted by: Contrarian_Libertarian at August 13, 2009 10:35 AM

Considering that a (slim but growing) majority of Americans now see the AGW hoax for what it is, what are her job prospects in 2010?

She'd better start getting her resume together.

Posted by: hiram at August 13, 2009 10:36 AM

"This is what passes for a Senator these days"

definitely reminds me of something i "passed" once.

Posted by: weewilly at August 13, 2009 10:38 AM

weewilly... was it a Gallstone or a Wellstone?

Posted by: hiram at August 13, 2009 10:39 AM

I'm proud to say I've voted against Stabmenow AND Carl Loonvin. The moonbat open sewer known as Detroit is the only reason those two nitwits are still in the Senate.

Posted by: Refuter of Liberal Vermin at August 13, 2009 10:40 AM

You guys are on a roll!

ROFLMAO!

She shops for clothes at Duluth Tent and Awning.

Posted by: Anonymous at August 13, 2009 10:42 AM

Stab Now (?????!!!!)

Posted by: Anonymous at August 13, 2009 10:42 AM

hiram, how about a TURDstone?

Posted by: Anonymous at August 13, 2009 10:44 AM

I'm convinced she could stop any perceived *Global Warning* if she would just wear lighter colored clothes.

Posted by: Miscreant at August 13, 2009 10:46 AM

I've always been a little ashamed that I never earned a college degree, but if this moronic woman is indicative of the sort thinking a so-called 'education' channels one to follow, I'll put 'NO COLLEGE DEGREE' on my resume.
How in the Name of the Sweet Baby Jesus did this airhead get any job much less a seat in the US Senate?

Posted by: Shooter1001 at August 13, 2009 10:53 AM

speaking of corpulent women, latest spin on shrillary's outburst "she was having a bad hair day" this gives new meaning to "hot flash" good thing she doesn't have the football, but obama does so lose/lose.

Posted by: weewilly at August 13, 2009 10:54 AM

haha somebody needs to pull the clip from "Bee Movie" where the guy goes on about global warming.

"I could literally feel it getting hotter. At first I thought it was just me!"

Posted by: Anonymous at August 13, 2009 11:05 AM

no, a turdstone wouldn't be as painful....

It would just slip out, leaving a pleasant feeling, kinda like Carter. Obama, on the other hand, is gonna pass like a kidney stone... very painful during and after, with a following feeling of being violated...

but good to get rid of, nonetheless.

Posted by: hiram at August 13, 2009 11:06 AM

If she wants to help the planet, she should put down the Fork. How much air polluting carbon does it take to feed that thing? Geezzz Just the extra fuel to get the plane in the air for that Heifer must be enormous! Not to mention that porkers expulsion of green house methane!!!!

Posted by: Unicorn Fart at August 13, 2009 11:07 AM

I'm a multi-million miler on Delta. I've experienced everything a member of the flying public can experience short of a crash. I've never felt global warming on a plane. What a completely stupid thing to say. I hope they are making her purchase two seats.

Posted by: CKR at August 13, 2009 11:07 AM

I can feel you being stupid.

How's that, honey?

Posted by: Dumb Bitch at August 13, 2009 11:08 AM

I think UPS is missing one of their trucks...

Posted by: Wnzwrld at August 13, 2009 11:08 AM

I live in Michigan and have this worthless woman as one of two worthless senators from this state. I have emailed them numerous times with concerns to the Health Care Reform, etc. They have never replied to any correspondence I've sent, even though I am respectful and polite in my letters. This state has a huge unemployment problem, foreclosures everywhere, and our two senators are sitting on Capital Hill, voting yes to everything that comes across their desks that will raise our taxes. Stabenow has a web video on her website encouraging people to join her Health Care Peoples Lobby for all those in favor of the Health Care Reform. She's not interested in hearing from those of us against it. The last time I checked, I thought they (Senators) were suppose to be representing all of us.

Posted by: MichiganMom at August 13, 2009 11:15 AM

Perhaps her global warming is psychosomatic? She should try sending out more positive vices!

Posted by: wondertrash at August 13, 2009 11:16 AM

Well she obviously can't tell temperatures are actually cooling with all that Sea Elephant blubber keeping her warm.

Posted by: timajin at August 13, 2009 11:19 AM

"she embraced cap and trade's massive tax increase on Michigan industry — at the same time claiming, against all the evidence, that it would not lead to an increase in manufacturing costs or energy prices."

That is damn scary right there. Her position is to answer for the unions and not individual people. She is as bad as any asshat looter Ayn Rand dreamed up ficticiously. The "science" of climate change is real to her, but the science of the effect of a massive tax increase she thinks is irrelevent.

Posted by: Eric at August 13, 2009 11:25 AM

hey her coast looks awfly heavy for july dont it and last thursday here in the state of JEFFERSON(NORTHERN CALIFORNIA) we had weather that looked like fall

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at August 13, 2009 11:29 AM

Perhaps the sun orbits a little closer to her due to her massive gravitational force?

Posted by: Judith M. at August 13, 2009 11:30 AM

So now hot flashes are confused for global warming. Check your age, woman. And get a scale.

Posted by: Corona at August 13, 2009 11:30 AM

I can see why she feels warming everywhere she goes with all that insulation.

Posted by: IOpian at August 13, 2009 11:36 AM

Ms. Stabenow had best be careful about the HealthCare she votes for.
I won't criticize her weight since I've bypassed the salad bar now and then, but she's just the sort of expendable individual that the 'death panel' is on the lookout for!
They'll be checking your weight in addition to your age and when you get diabetes or high blood pressure, you'll have to wait for that insulin or lipitor if you get it at all. The logic is the same, why waste a hip replacement on this 70 yr old? Why waste this lipitor on fatso here?

Posted by: Shooter1001 at August 13, 2009 11:37 AM

fat people got no reason
fat people got no reason
fat people got no reason to live
- obama as portrayed by white comedian paul shanklin

Posted by: weewilly at August 13, 2009 11:39 AM

debbie - we're all a little hotter after 50.

Posted by: nancz at August 13, 2009 11:41 AM

I think its the Snuggie she's wearing. Guess those things really are warm...even for a full bodied woman like her haha

Posted by: Dr. E at August 13, 2009 11:42 AM

All sorts of vituperative... and no data. "Global warming" is a strawman; the actual scientific community talks about 'global change' not 'global warming'. And if anyone is unaware of what unregulated pollution can look like in its most extreme cases... Google "Chelyabinsk-40". Which of you 'asshat' commenters wants to go live there?

I think we can all agree that there is indeed some happy medium between complete environmental destruction and the end of industry on earth... but pretending that it is all fabricated is disingenuous. And when people pay no attention to unregulated markets, what happens? Are you guys happy to wait for a meltdown equivalent to the current finance industry's cloud of doom happening in the environment?

I for one am glad that people are paying attention to environmental issues (even if they are in some cases TRULY asshat individuals... I may be a progressive, but I sure as shit know stupid when i see it... and this woman came with 12 kinds of stupid installed off the factory floor...sucks when people on your team are stupid in public, huh?)

Posted by: "Meh" at August 13, 2009 11:43 AM

Her name says it all: STAB. NOW. she's an easy target, kind of like stabbing a very slow buffalo.

Posted by: Anonymous at August 13, 2009 11:46 AM

Meh, for once I agree with you. But you know 100% unregulated markets will never happen again. We just don't want one trillion% regulated markets, like Obambi wants.

Posted by: Anonymous at August 13, 2009 11:48 AM

i fail to see how kneecapping america does anything but hasten the ascendancy of china/india, if we totally stopped burning fossil fuels tomorrow it would have zero impact on the earth.

Posted by: weewilly at August 13, 2009 11:53 AM

Good point. That just shows you what capitalism leads to.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at August 13, 2009 12:01 PM

100% unregulated markets

Goddamned Soviets and their unregulated markets. No wonder they collapsed.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at August 13, 2009 12:03 PM

Meh you are 100 percent right. Looking at yourself in the mirror would explain why you "sure as shit know stupid" when you see it.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at August 13, 2009 12:08 PM

Knowing good and well it would take at least a hurricane force wind for her to feel anything!

Posted by: shannon at August 13, 2009 12:11 PM

its Socialism that brings environmental disaster; Russia & Eastern Europe before 1990 and China even now.
When you are stuck in the life you are given and controlled by the state then why give a shit!
I make believe I work, they make believe they pay me, now where's my vodka!
Everybody works for the government! Do as little as possible, steal all you can.

Posted by: Shooter1001 at August 13, 2009 12:11 PM

This beached whale who's a poor excuse for government run healthcare is going to tell me global warming is imminent?

I surf every day. July and August were some of the coolest months I've seen here in Southern California!

Have y'all noticed that the majority of these government employees are fat and matronly? Have you been to the DMV lately? It looks like a leper colony!

Damn! These people make me sick. If anything, I'll be paying for HER medical care. Her poor eating habits will cost the taxpayer money in diabetes care or heart disease.

I'm SO sick of these hypocrites. Sick of them. Practice what preach fatty!

Posted by: Janet at August 13, 2009 12:12 PM

Because leftists believe the Earth's climate was entirely static before the SUV was invented.

Posted by: V the K at August 13, 2009 12:23 PM

Photo caption:

"Where's the extra large stuffed crust pizza I ordered? I'm starving!"

Posted by: Anonymous at August 13, 2009 12:27 PM

Is she going a guest spot on WHALE WARS? Id love to see the Japs harpoon her and drag her onto the deck while the moonbats on the Sea Shepherd's "Steve Irwin" cry and sob.

I love how they now refer to climate change. The climate isnt changing. Deserts are still deserts, tundra is still tundra. Tropical rainforests are still tropical rainforests (some of it isnt, but that due to farmers not CO2). In the 1930s the Great Plains Dust Bowl was a desert of sorts - that was the closest thing to actual climate change Ive ever heard of. And that was only temporary and due, once again, to bad farming practices.

Posted by: Ghost of Moby Dick at August 13, 2009 12:29 PM

Farmer Ted decides to add some erudition to the discourse... good work there guy. I'm sure your fellow induhviduals are proud of that kind of profundity. That 4th-grade education serves you well...

"Because leftists believe the Earth's climate was entirely static before the SUV was invented"

Do you think that is a valid statement? Or is that more of the hyperbole you were posting against as recently as a few hours ago? (Were we not supposed to notice the parallel there?)

And here I thought you were going to lead the charge against such inflated, incorrect claims. Oh well, guess you can only man the moral high-ground for 12 seconds at a time without reverting to type...

Posted by: "Meh" at August 13, 2009 12:45 PM

Meh that's not my quote. Boy MIT sure must be proud of you.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at August 13, 2009 12:52 PM

Moby's Ghost (et al) - If any of you are curious about the actual levels of complexity involved here, I found a great lecture on Fora (I know, I know, it's those elite 'book learnin' types... but sometimes they are actually rather intelligent. Shock and amazement...) about the thermohaline cycle. Since 0% of you will go look it up, the short version is that if the ocean's salinity changes by a very small amount (from either pollution runoff, warming cycles decreasing density, or what have you), it could alter the course of the gulf stream. Which would sure as hell ruin a few people's days. london with the same temperature gradient as northern canada? Yeah, let's make sure nobody studies that until after it happens. Gooood plan.

My point here is this: since I am at best margninally aware of this, and none of you apppears to have a clue about how complex this all is, with these esoteric, difficult, and damned-near-incomprehensible subtleties... stop pretending that somehow there is no issue with global climate change. If it happens, we are hosed; and the right-wing plan of 'ignore it till its a crisis' is hardly the approach I prefer when thinking about the downstream survivability of the earth.

"Just becuase YOU don't know the answer, does nbot mean NOBODY knows the answer".

Posted by: "Meh" at August 13, 2009 12:53 PM

The left wing has always lurched from crisis to crisis ... overpopulation, oil depletion, killer bees, nuclear winter, and now global warming... And what I have noticed is that no matter what the crisis is, the solution is always the same... Destroy Capitalism.

The Earth is not going to burst into flame because of a few fractions of a degree in temperature variance. And human beings are capable of adapting to climate variations and have been for thousands of years. The Earth's ideal temperature did not exist only in the youth of the baby boom generation, much as they believe it is.

Posted by: Gregory of Yardale at August 13, 2009 1:07 PM

Just because you have an answer does not mean it's the RIGHT answer.

You people bitched and moaned about CHANGE and HOPE but not all CHANGE is good.

Here's a CHANGE example. You have $50. You give me $50. That is change and, by normal (non-retarded) standards, that would be seen as bad change.

You hide behind generalities of CHANGE as though it's going to be the most glorious thing ever. Hell, you could say violence is awesome... until you get punched in the face. C wut I did thar?

Global climate change exists. It's a cycle (warm, cool, warm, cool, and so forth). Once again, with the generalities, you want to cover your ass by being on both sides of the fence and, no matter what, you can say "look, we fixed the problem" when your idiotic policies had absolutely no effect on the natural order of things.

Regardless, you're an idiot and this is obvious.

Posted by: Anonymous at August 13, 2009 1:12 PM

I have also noticed most of these crises have not panned out. The oil did not dry up by 1997, as they predicted in the 1970's. Overpopulation did not lead to mass starvation in the United States the 1980s, as Paul Ehrlich predicted. There was no nuclear war in the 1980s as the left insisted was inevitable unless we surrendered to the Soviet Union.

Given its track record, I am unpersuaded of the left's argument that the Earth is doomed unless we all go back to a medieval level of subsitence. And the fact that Al Gore has not given up his private jets, his lavish estates, or his quarter million dollar speaking fees tells me that he doesn't believe it either; and anyone who believes him is either an idiot or an opportunist.

Posted by: Gregory of Yardale at August 13, 2009 1:12 PM

Meh, you're right we haven't a clue how complex this is. What a relief that Al Gore and James Hanson figured it all out. And well enough to invent the entire issue.

So, it's our fault for doing what again?

Posted by: air2air at August 13, 2009 1:13 PM

Plus, these same people keep thinking that gloBULL warming will cause droughts. The amount of ass-hattery in that is just impressive.

Warm temperatures = ocean evaporation = clouds = rain.

So their argument of droughts (caused by global warming) completely contradicts the actual effects OF global warming (which is just part of the natural global climate change spectrum).

Posted by: Anonymous at August 13, 2009 1:16 PM

"I feel it when I'm flying..."
Well, get off the broomstick and get on a plane then like the rest of us. Sure, you'll have to pay for two seats but come on, you must be used to it...
So now we have the loony left lecturing us and posing questions about "what can we do to MAKE people live healthier lives?" [wolf blitzer] and we have a president who smokes and most of the lefty politicians look like human cookie jars. Yeah, absolutely no problem here with hypocrisy, right?
Hey, SPURWING PLOVER......you are here on the far north coast of California too? It sure did look like fall last week, all the trees are already starting to change colors too.Do you have a website? Drop me a note at mine...we have to stick together in moonbatville....

Posted by: christmasghost at August 13, 2009 1:16 PM

the renaming of "global warming" to "climate change" just seems like a "progression" back to "global cooling", and we all know the solution: socialism.

Posted by: weewilly at August 13, 2009 1:33 PM

Debbie flies and feels the global warming setting in.
I fly and I get a hard on if the stewardess is good-looking.

Your Senator is so fat when she farts the National Weather Service tracks it and issues hourly warnings.

Posted by: Eneils Bailey at August 13, 2009 1:39 PM

God must envy Meh's brilliance. Since you are the paragon of knowledge please enlighten us on the effects of the Milankovitch Cyles, solar output and ocean oscillations on climate and let us know of instances where the climate has not changed? Have you contacted NOAA to let them know there is no need to invest in super computers when you understand the complexities of climate modeling and most likely have the solution already ?

Posted by: LMAO at August 13, 2009 1:39 PM

Wow. That's all there is to say, "Wow". Somehow the idea of paying attention to enormous complex issues means... socialism? How do you do that? Is there a class you all took where you learn how to equate anything that smacks of erudition with socialism? What if we are just genuinely interested in the collapsing probability waveforms? What if there is actual-factual intellectual curiosity driving this? Have you ever felt such a thing? There are clearly BAD things that can happen if the environment is ignored completely. (Who wants to stand up and be the one to doubt the veracity of that statement?)

If the new argument of the GOP is gonna be "vote for us, we PROMISE we won't ever learn anything new"... how d'you think that will go with the voters? It's already gotta be hard, knowing that despite Rush/Hannity/Beck there are still only a few posters talking here, while a similar thread on HuffPo has 4700 comments. They may be fools, but no matter what the voices in your head say, the flat-earth society are way outnumbered here in reality...

In other news... who had something new to fear today? Anyone? Anyone?

Posted by: "Meh" at August 13, 2009 1:48 PM

LMAO - the point (which you missed - im shocked) is that we have to be paying attention. it is too damn complex to ignore completely (which appears to be the GOP plan).

If you like we can find you a new strawman to beat on... would it help keep the tattered edges of the "no-thinking-ever" movement together?

Posted by: Anonymous at August 13, 2009 1:50 PM

WE have a winner:

Posted by: Anonymous at August 13, 2009 1:57 PM

That's no moon. . . it's a Senator????

Posted by: JustAl at August 13, 2009 1:59 PM

I also understand Dear Leader is looking to move jihadis from Guantanamo Bay to Michigan; they deserve each other.

Posted by: V the K at August 13, 2009 1:59 PM

HuffPo - large "rofl news" organization that promotes itself as news, facts be-damned.

Moonbattery - small blog that promotes itself as much

See the difference?

But, your idiocy amuses me... go on...

Posted by: Anonymous at August 13, 2009 2:00 PM

Actually, the creed of the conservative movement is to embrace that which has been proven to work and reject what has been shown to fail. The progressive creed is the exact opposite.

Posted by: Gregory of Yardale at August 13, 2009 2:01 PM

Meh, when any of your theories start showing some predictive potential, give us a ring. However, as things stand now, most of these climate theories have been unable to predict a thing. Remember global cooling (the one before global warming)? Woops! Did we say cooling? We meant warming! Roh roh! Change! We meant climate change! So study it all you like, no one here is against scientific inquiry, just but don't expect to drum up any panic from those of us who've been through a few of these "crisis" cycles.

Posted by: Judith M. at August 13, 2009 2:01 PM

Ha! Looks like great minds think alike, Gregory!

Posted by: Judith M. at August 13, 2009 2:04 PM

That's not global warming she feels, it's a hot steaming turd in her depends.

Makes sense now doesn't it?

Posted by: Moonbat Monitor at August 13, 2009 2:27 PM

"Meh";
What happened to the NEW ICE AGE that Hansen (The guy that started the "global warming" con) threatened us with back in the seventys? He said that by 2000, New York would be threatened by glaciers.

He's also the guy who was caught ALTERING the data that didn't match his pre-concieved conclusions.

You Liberals have accused us of being "anti-science" and "superstisous fools", but people like YOU back up a wild claim that depends on FAKED data and hasn't even been proven enough to be a THEORY, much less a fact!

Posted by: KHarn at August 13, 2009 2:46 PM

By The Way,

We are now less than FOUR YEARS away from the disaster that Al Gore said would happen if we didn't give him more money.

"Meh", Would you volinteer to be a "human shield" for Gore if there is no disaster? Or will you be there with the tar and feathers?

Posted by: KHarn at August 13, 2009 2:51 PM

No Meh, I am not missing the point. You assume the conclusion ( that Man is the cause of the climate changing ) and as you say, it is far too complex to make that conclusion. So you attempt to validate it with feigned intellectual discourse based on a hasty generalization , I assume you understand the fallacy of that reasoning, that the real culprits belong to the GOP, that they are not intellectually curious or that they are impressed with your attempts to relate the Uncertainty Principle on a planetary scale to the GOP. I do not belong to the GOP, I am intellectually curious but I am not impressed with your argument, mostly because you use mockery as your primary tool. Very telling as to where you are coming from.

Now having been an adult when Mt. St. Helens erupted and El Chichon a few years later I do recall the vast and visible amount of pollution in the air, particularly the purple sunsets when the haze was easily seen. Hopefully you can understand why I have a hard time believing that CO2, an element all life depends on, is a pollutant. Sulfur Dioxide is another matter. So when this panacea that Man is causing the globe to warm, as has been the general trend since the last ice age, has to use semantics of a generalized 'climate change' then it moves into the realm of absurdity where many proponents grasp frantically to maintain their false assertions based on the quest for funding grants, personal fame for those fading from the public forum, an opportunity to gain fame for nobodies and the unabashed force of governmental greed and control.

Posted by: LMAO at August 13, 2009 3:11 PM

I wonder if she's going have to pay the cow fart tax when it passes.

She leaves more than just a large carbon footprint.

Posted by: Dave at August 13, 2009 4:11 PM

"Meh"

Please fill in the blank:

"I, Meh, feel that an increase of 100 ppm CO2, is responsible for _______ degrees of warmth, here on earth."

Feel free to use Planck's law and/or any other method in determining the warmth attributed to this forcing.

Also, please be sure to consider the laws of thermodynamics, logarithm, feedback, albedo, and the many other countless forcings that makes up this extremely complex formula.

Good luck :)

Posted by: RICH at August 13, 2009 4:17 PM

"Small minds live in a small universe. As far as I am concerned those espousing that Man is the cause of climate change are little more than the modern version of a tribal religion belief that if they make sacrifices to the god of the sun or the volcano then all will be well. Or a gnat in the path of an oncoming locomotive making the choice to try and stop it rather that getting out of the way."

Posted by: LMAO at August 13, 2009 3:11 PM

Well said.

Posted by: Dave at August 13, 2009 4:18 PM

What I learned from the congressional clunkers townhall -- How dumb they really are when all the trappings of the walled city of WDC and it's adulating press is stripped away.

They sure aren't a tower of deductive reasoning skills.

Posted by: Anonymous at August 13, 2009 4:20 PM

she jabba the hut's mom?

Posted by: nancz at August 13, 2009 4:34 PM

Eechiban de ooka!! Obama CHUNG WOOKIE!!!

Posted by: Dave at August 13, 2009 4:47 PM

If she farted Al-Qaeda would claim responsibility.

Posted by: Mitchell at August 13, 2009 4:48 PM

Hey, as long as we're doing captions...

"...and I turned and looked in the bowl, and I swear to God..."

Posted by: Jay Guevara at August 13, 2009 5:51 PM

Meh..."there are still only a few posters talking here, while a similar thread on HuffPo has 4700 comments. They may be fools, but no matter what the voices in your head say, the flat-earth society are way outnumbered here in reality..."
This is an example of your stellar logic? More comments = more validity?
This must be the same "logic" you used when you decided that man made global warming is real because 4700 loons say so.Forget the valid scientists that say it's not, 4700 hundred loons at *insert crazy lefty talking point site here* say it's true.
It's easy to get 4700 lefty parasites to comment...they don't have anything else to do,do they? No responsibilities, no jobs, no reality at all. That's why your messiah has to HIRE them to go to town hall meetings and pretend to care. That's why none of you would know a real grass roots movement if it jumped up and bit you in the ass.....you are like the kid from the inner city that has never seen a big tree before.
And by the way....how is O'Douchebag green again exactly? Last time I checked I don't think the guy likes animals and what has he done for the environment anyway? Or is that super secret info hidden away with all the important papers he has written and presented?

Posted by: christmasghost at August 13, 2009 5:53 PM

RICH, you'll enjoy this one. Ask a global warming hysteric how much of the atmosphere is CO2. Closest guess so far: 5%.

What's a few orders of magnitude between friends?

It's amazing (and illuminating, no pun intended) that people who can't convert from ppm to percentages will pontificate about such a complex problem. To your variables above, let's add another: the effect of higher CO2 partial pressure on algal and plant growth.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at August 13, 2009 5:57 PM

Dear MoonBattery, please post pics of the fully unclothed Senator Debbie Stabenow. I am totally aroused by the thought of her in various stages of undress. I would become a right wing conservative to have her seat her wrinkly cellulite flabby buttocks upon my face and squirm and writhe her skin folded pungent genatalia all over my sebacous worm-like emaciated scabby carcass. She is the ultimate diva and woman for me. I hope one day to be her worthless panty whore bitch boy who proudly wears a dog collar and her favorite ball gag. Please don't make me beg. Sincerely, brs

Posted by: brs at August 13, 2009 6:18 PM

Looks like she has been trying to eat as many methane burping cows as she can. We should be thanking her because she looks like she is doing a good job.

Posted by: dan at August 13, 2009 6:30 PM

Actually she looks like one of those cows. She is either a Jersey or a Black Angus---sorry I am not an expert.

Posted by: Dan at August 13, 2009 6:33 PM

I've tapped fatter women than that.

In fact, I've tapped nothing but fatter women than that.

And a couple of trannies.

F--- my life.

Posted by: Meh at August 13, 2009 7:24 PM

Jay Guevera,

I asked a couple of my earthy-crunchy friends how much the average rise in sea level has been annually. Guesses ranged from 3 inches to 3 feet.

Obama supporters, of course.

Touche on your point. Let me add another variable: Conifers. Great at absorbing CO2. Primarily found further away from the equator, conifers would [theoretically] replace snow and ice.

My friend owns an aquarium business. He utilizes a calcium reactor, mixing calcium carbonate and CO2. Apparently, CO2 is good for something. Who knew?

"It's amazing that people who can't convert from ppm to percentages will pontificate about such a complex problem."

We can pontificate our existance, despite not knowing where the elements in our universe came from to begin with.

Now that's amazing.

Posted by: RICH at August 13, 2009 7:24 PM

I hope I'm not repeating anyone... but I think the global warming she felt was the extra heat generated by the 747's four engines working extra hard to haul her lard ass through the sky.

Posted by: grayjohn at August 13, 2009 9:01 PM

Just as bad as those idiots in europe who went naked on that glacer just to show what a bunch of dedicated idiots these green moonbats are

Posted by: Flu-Bird at August 13, 2009 9:12 PM

Rich, my very favorite lefty comment was that so much CO2 was dissolving in the oceans that they were getting acidic enough to dissolve mollusc shells and ...release CO2.

I guess the Democrats repealed LeChatelier's Principle - and the Second Law of Thermodynamics - too. Can you say "perpetual motion machine?" I can. Obama truly is the Messiah!

Posted by: Jay Guevara at August 13, 2009 9:12 PM

Rich, your comment about sea levels highlights the obvious point: Obamanauts commonly have zero quantitative skills. Anyone who thinks the sea level has risen three feet a year on average is truly an idiot. Surely someone would notice something like that, doncha think?

Posted by: Jay Guevara at August 13, 2009 9:18 PM

Jay, have you read the Obamacrats Energy Plan? The only way it works is if you repeal the Second and Third Laws of Thermodynamics.

Which Obamacrats think they can do, by the way.

Posted by: V the K at August 14, 2009 5:22 AM

I didn't have time to read all the comments and somebody else may has said this but I have to ask,

I wonder if she knows how cold it is outside of a jet when it is flying? I, like Shooter1001 never finished college,but hell, I know if you could feel the temp. in a jet, you would freeze, not get hot.

I also got to ask, what kind of college did Debbie Stabenow go to?

Posted by: Shunha7878 at August 14, 2009 5:46 AM

Flu-bird,

I went to the post office to buy post card stamps for my business. I received a booklet of polar bear stamps, because "that's all we have."

I almost went postal.

This stamp gives the false impression that I actually give a shit about the polar bears and their ever-growing population.

Jay,

"Anyone who thinks the sea level has risen three feet a year on average is truly an idiot."

Just like the armpits of America who go on the Jerry Springer show? The dumbing down of America.

Not sure where we are heading to as a society, but it appears to be into the teeth of the storm. Part of the reason why my wife and I decided not to have children.

But never mind that.

The future looks bright as we steer this ship into the sunset. Fear not, for we have the messiah as captain, conning officer, quarter master, deck officer, engineering officer, radarman, and helmsman.

Oh phuck! Sound general quarters!! Secure all doors, hatches and scuttles. [Hope]fully this ship is submersible.

Posted by: RICH at August 14, 2009 6:51 AM

Online Community College!
Get an MBA in 3 weeks!

Posted by: Shooter1001 at August 14, 2009 6:54 AM

This is what you get when you elect a career social worker [sic] to represent you. With that much insulation, is it any wonder that Stabenow feels her "globe" warming pretty all the time?

Posted by: Texas Pete at August 14, 2009 8:46 AM

Rich, I know, I know... Depressing, isn't it? No wonder monkeys fling their crap at us in the zoo. We're an embarrassment to all primates.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at August 14, 2009 9:29 AM

Meh, first, most of the folks here have jobs to go to, so we can't live on the internet, like the 0's minions at PuffHo.
Stabenow's hubby was arrested last year after picking up a hooker. He's 11 years younger, and considering her size, even though he's lib too, who can blame him? The hooker was 5'-4" tall, weighed 110.
Think he married Stab-us-now for love, or money? Or maybe political standing?

Posted by: UpNorth at August 14, 2009 6:19 PM

I love tapping fat trannies.

Thug life!