« Down With Christians, Jews, and Caucasians | Main | Turning America Into Detroit »

June 15, 2009

Obama Adopts Healthcare Ideas He Condemned McCain For

Not long ago, the Moonbat Messiah was denouncing John McCain for wanting to finance a healthcare plan with cuts to Medicare and Medicaid:

But now, everything has Changed. From Sunday's Washington Compost:

President Obama yesterday outlined measures to trim spending on federal health programs for the elderly and the poor by an additional $313 billion over the next decade, bringing his total proposed savings close to the amount necessary to cover the cost of his signature health-care plan, a top adviser said.
In his weekly radio address, Obama proposed limiting the growth of Medicare fee-for-service payments, taking hospitals and other health-care providers at their word that they will reduce costs. … The president also called for reducing payments to drug companies that serve Medicare recipients. …
In February, Obama's budget request set aside $635 billion for health-care reform, about half in cuts to Medicare and Medicaid and half in new taxes.

It looks like he will be taxing health benefits too, just like he condemned McCain for wanting to do. Unlike the supposed cuts, the new taxes will be real and sustained.

obama_care.jpg

On a tip from Covington.

Posted by Van Helsing at June 15, 2009 8:54 AM

Comments

So therefore we cannot afford Barrack Obama.

Posted by: IOpian at June 15, 2009 9:11 AM

Of course, those "savings" don't need to be real in any way, just projections to sell the program. But then, why would we need to continue medicare and medicaid, etc, at all, when it's all going to be free* anyway.

*free as in beer, therefore scarce as hen's teeth

Posted by: Mr Evilwrench at June 15, 2009 9:35 AM

George Will presents the Inconvenient Truths of Government Run health care.

In sum, unless you believe the government is honest, efficient, and competent, you are insane to want them in charge of health care.

Posted by: Gregory of Yardale at June 15, 2009 9:48 AM

Welcome to the hell we in Canada have been dealing with since Tommie 'the commie' Douglas forced free health care on us back in the 60's.

Posted by: FREE at June 15, 2009 9:49 AM

This cuts a little closer to the truth of what is really going on, with health care.

Redistribution of benefits from old people, to free up more money for handouts to Obama's various constituencies.

It follows on the heels of confiscating the wealth of the middle class to feed his constituencies.

The people being looted are his strongest supporters. I wonder when, if ever, they will figure out what's really going on here.

Posted by: mega at June 15, 2009 11:43 AM

If you want to see abject failure of a government run institution, it would have to be Amtrak. Some of the daily commuter routes such as those on the east and west coasts do okay They have large ridership and turn a profit. But other routes, such as the California Zephyr that runs two daily trains in each direction between Emeryville, CA and Chicago Il, operates in the red ink year after year. I believe it has never had a profitible year since its inception in 1971. The departure and arrival time is abysmal. I live in a town on the Zephyr route and often see trains arriving or leaving at odd hours, usually behind schedule. It is not entirely Amtrak's fault as it leases trackage from freight lines--Union Pacfic, Burlington Northern etc. But after 38 years, and it still is not able to make a profit from paying passengers should tell us something. If government can't efficiently run a railroad even with taxpayer subsidies, why on Earth would we want to place our nation's health and medical care into such clueless hands and minds?

Posted by: Graycat at June 15, 2009 1:07 PM

Yeah - the Beetles were Communists! It is not a cowinqkiding that Sir McCarthy is a Communist to this day. Ok, partial socialist.

A tribute to B. Hussein O.

Obama, Obama, Obama, Hariri Krishna, Obama, Hariri Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Obama, Obama, Krishna, Krishna Obama, Obama, Obama, Hussein Obama, Krishna, Krishna, Obama Hussein, Kill the Christians, Obama, Obama, I’m not a Muslim, Hussein Obama, I’m, um, neither. Obama Hussein, I’m a Marxist. Obama Krishna, I’m the new Messiah, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Hariri Krishna, Obama, Hariri Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Obama, Obama, Krishna, Krishna Obama, Obama, Obama, Hussein Obama, Krishna, Krishna, Obama Hussein, Kill the Christians, Obama, Obama, I’m not a Muslim, Hussein Obama, I’m, um, neither. Obama Hussein, I’m a Marxist. Obama Krishna, I’m the new Messiah, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Hariri Krishna, Obama, Hariri Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Obama, Obama, Krishna, Krishna Obama, Obama, Obama, Hussein Obama, Krishna, Krishna, Obama Hussein, Kill the Christians, Obama, Obama, I’m not a Muslim, Hussein Obama, I’m, um, neither. Obama Hussein, I’m a Marxist. Obama Krishna, I’m the new Messiah, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Hariri Krishna, Obama, Hariri Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Obama, Obama, Krishna, Krishna Obama, Obama, Obama, Hussein Obama, Krishna, Krishna, Obama Hussein, Kill the Christians, Obama, Obama, I’m not a Muslim, Hussein Obama, I’m, um, neither. Obama Hussein, I’m a Marxist. Obama Krishna, I’m the new Messiah, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Hariri Krishna, Obama, Hariri Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Obama, Obama, Krishna, Krishna Obama, Obama, Obama, Hussein Obama, Krishna, Krishna, Obama Hussein, Kill the Christians, Obama, Obama, I’m not a Muslim, Hussein Obama, I’m, um, neither. Obama Hussein, I’m a Marxist. Obama Krishna, I’m the new Messiah, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Hariri Krishna, Obama, Hariri Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Obama, Obama, Krishna, Krishna Obama, Obama, Obama, Hussein Obama, Krishna, Krishna, Obama Hussein, Kill the Christians, Obama, Obama, I’m not a Muslim, Hussein Obama, I’m, um, neither. Obama Hussein, I’m a Marxist. Obama Krishna, I’m the new Messiah, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Hariri Krishna, Obama, Hariri Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Obama, Obama, Krishna, Krishna Obama, Obama, Obama, Hussein Obama, Krishna, Krishna, Obama Hussein, Kill the Christians, Obama, Obama, I’m not a Muslim, Hussein Obama, I’m, um, neither. Obama Hussein, I’m a Marxist. Obama Krishna, I’m the new Messiah, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Hariri Krishna, Obama, Hariri Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Obama, Obama, Krishna, Krishna Obama, Obama, Obama, Hussein Obama, Krishna, Krishna, Obama Hussein, Kill the Christians, Obama, Obama, I’m not a Muslim, Hussein Obama, I’m, um, neither. Obama Hussein, I’m a Marxist. Obama Krishna, I’m the new Messiah, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Hariri Krishna, Obama, Hariri Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Obama, Obama, Krishna, Krishna Obama, Obama, Obama, Hussein Obama, Krishna, Krishna, Obama Hussein, Kill the Christians, Obama, Obama, I’m not a Muslim, Hussein Obama, I’m, um, neither. Obama Hussein, I’m a Marxist. Obama Krishna, I’m the new Messiah, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Hariri Krishna, Obama, Hariri Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Obama, Obama, Krishna, Krishna Obama, Obama, Obama, Hussein Obama, Krishna, Krishna, Obama Hussein, Kill the Christians, Obama, Obama, I’m not a Muslim, Hussein Obama, I’m, um, neither. Obama Hussein, I’m a Marxist. Obama Krishna, I’m the new Messiah, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Obama, Hariri Krishna, Obama, Hariri Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Obama, Obama, Krishna, Krishna Obama, Obama, Obama, Hussein Obama, Krishna, Krishna, Obama Hussein, Kill the Christians, Obama, Obama, I’m not a Muslim, Hussein Obama, I’m, um, neither. Obama Hussein, I’m a Marxist. Obama Krishna, I’m the new Messiah, Obama, Obama!

Posted by: Oiao at June 15, 2009 1:34 PM

OK, Oiao has popped his cork.

Funny, I thought I would be the first.

Posted by: KHarn at June 15, 2009 2:16 PM

The snakes in OBAMAS AMA are venomous as he is

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at June 15, 2009 9:19 PM

Remeber the saturday morning series DR SHRINKER? with JAY ROBINSON and BILLY BARTY yeah DR OBAMA,DR OBAMA HE,S A MAD MAN WITH A EVIL MIND,DR OBAMA DR OBAMA HE,S AS CRAZY AS YOULL EVER FIND

Posted by: Flu-Bird at June 16, 2009 9:44 PM