« Teens Paid by State Not to Get Pregnant | Main | So That's What Torture Looks Like »

June 25, 2009

Naked Moonbats Save Planet by Avoiding Soap

Many moonbats ask themselves, "What can I do to save the polar bears from the apocryphal global warming crisis?" Here's an idea I hope they don't try: go around naked.

Spending more time with nothing on stems waste and pollution in all sorts of ways, according to an article by Kathy Blanchard on The Naturist Society's Web site.
"Living more hours naked each day results in a dramatic drop in my laundry, which in turn reduces my water and energy use (along with my related bills)," Ms. Blanchard wrote. "It also reduces the amount of soap I release, in my case, into the Puget Sound."

Unless you're a polar bear, Ms. Blanchard's aversion to soap is all the more reason to wish she'd put her clothes on.

Ms. Blanchard recommends "naturist holidays." If you would like to save the planet from carbon emissions by vacationing naked, you can get on a big old carbon-belching jet and fly across the ocean.

France is already a top destination for "textilists" (a term some naturists use to describe clothes-wearers) but also seems to be one of the most appealing spots for vacationing in the buff. According to the tourist authority in the Aquitaine region on the French Atlantic coast, " 'green' naturism is growing fast in popularity."

Switzerland is another favorite.

In the Swiss Alps, nude hiking in winter seems to be a growing phenomenon — although some locals are trying to outlaw the practice…

Don't let it get you down that walking around with no clothes on might not prevent natural climate fluctuations. If the cooling trend we've had for the last 11 years reverses and it actually does start to get warmer, you'll be all the comfier in your birthday suit.

Michael Hewitt says in an article in the article in The Independent that a few nudists seem happy that the demise of winter may be in the offing.

If only.

For more laughs at the expense of naked moonbats, those with strong stomach are directed to EcoNudes.org.

On a tip from J.

Posted by Van Helsing at June 25, 2009 7:26 AM

Comments

And with ina week or more they will stink so badly they can me smelled with ina mile or where ever they go STUPID STNKY NATURE FREAKS

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at June 25, 2009 7:34 AM

Naked hiking in a Swiss winter? Mother Nature will take care of these moonbats for us.

Posted by: Karin at June 25, 2009 7:41 AM

So not wearing clothes will reduce the amount of clothes you need to wash? Genius.

Also, I love the thinly-disguised-pejoritive terms that folks come up with to describe those who engage in behavior that is "normal" for the majority of people. I'm a guy who likes women and even married one of them, so to the Queer Nation folks, I'm a "breeder". I wear clothes, so to nudists I'm a "textilist".

Heavens.

Posted by: GeronimoRumplestiltskin at June 25, 2009 8:05 AM

What about having to wash her gross grimy couch? ... she didn't really take that into account. That's going to be a LOT of detergent.

Posted by: liberal anon at June 25, 2009 10:02 AM

Looks like psychiatry is recession-proof.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at June 25, 2009 10:09 AM

Probably the reason why is because they just sit naked and jobless at home, smelly, in their beds. Really stupid study. I wonder how much carbon they released coming up with this BS.

Posted by: Tuari at June 25, 2009 10:42 AM

Just as rediculous as those idiots who go naked for some stupid PETA ad or lying in a giant tray pretending to be meat proving just how stupid these dedicated PETA jerks are DEDICATED AND STUPID

Posted by: Flu-Bird at June 25, 2009 11:59 AM

So if you have a crackpot idea, just say it prevents climate change and presto - it is a great idea.

Posted by: mandy at June 25, 2009 12:03 PM

All I can say is, Van, thank you for not posting any pics of naked moonbats.

Posted by: PabloD at June 25, 2009 8:33 PM

And they smell so badly they would make a vulture gag

Posted by: Flu-Bird at June 25, 2009 9:25 PM

Check out the Official homepage of "Get Naked to Stop Global Warming!" sexy-green.com

Posted by: GetNakedtoStopGlobalWarming at June 30, 2009 4:49 PM

Check out the official website for: Get Naked to Stop Global Warming!

Posted by: GetNakedtoStopGlobalWarming at June 30, 2009 7:18 PM