« IRS Puts Tax Lien on Hanoi John Kerry's 2004 Campaign | Main | Our New Friend Is Going Nuclear »

June 3, 2009

Michael Moore "Filled With Joy" Over Collapse of GM and Chrysler

Just how vile is liberal icon Michael Moore? This is how the Michigan native and self-proclaimed hero of the working man reacts to the degrading socialist death of the American auto industry:

So here we are at the deathbed of General Motors. The company's body not yet cold, and I find myself filled with — dare I say it — joy. It is not the joy of revenge against a corporation that ruined my hometown and brought misery, divorce, alcoholism, homelessness, physical and mental debilitation, and drug addiction to the people I grew up with. Nor do I, obviously, claim any joy in knowing that 21,000 more GM workers will be told that they, too, are without a job.
But you and I and the rest of America now own a car company! I know, I know — who on earth wants to run a car company? Who among us wants $50 billion of our tax dollars thrown down the rat hole of still trying to save GM? Let's be clear about this: The only way to save GM is to kill GM. …
We are now in a different kind of war — a war that we have conducted against the ecosystem and has been conducted by our very own corporate leaders. This current war has two fronts. One is headquartered in Detroit. The products built in the factories of GM, Ford and Chrysler are some of the greatest weapons of mass destruction responsible for global warming and the melting of our polar icecaps. The things we call "cars" may have been fun to drive, but they are like a million daggers into the heart of Mother Nature.

At least he's honest about what nationalization means for the future of automobile manufacturing.

Michael Moore hates America, hates modern civilization, hates humans, and hates you. But he's loving Hopey Change.

Michael Moore
In these dark days, Michael Moore is all smiles.

Hat tip: The Blogprof.

Posted by Van Helsing at June 3, 2009 7:51 AM

Comments

Who else here would be "filled with joy" if we found out that the film and television industry was the single greatest contributor to "global warming and the melting of our polar icecaps?" You know, if such a thing were true, which it isn't.

Posted by: CoderInCrisis at June 3, 2009 8:01 AM

This from the hypocrite who hires Canadian film crews to avoid paying union wages, doesn't hire black people, and dodges taxes like every other Democrat.

Posted by: Gregory of Yardale at June 3, 2009 8:03 AM

Of course, he accepts no comments on his page. I can't believe even his fans don't see his hypocrisy. I've mentioned my moonbat stepson here before. Last time he was here, he mentioned Michael Moore at dinner and I levitated a full foot off of my chair.

Posted by: Karin at June 3, 2009 8:11 AM

You know what would fill me with joy? If the career of the bloated, ignorant, pig who has been responsible for countless headaches, urges to vomit, and screaming-at-the-TV spells in my life would come to an end.

Posted by: Leslie H. at June 3, 2009 8:12 AM

Michael Moore is also filled with cream filling and Edy's Ice cream.

Posted by: Atomic Lib Smasher at June 3, 2009 8:36 AM

Michael Moore is a puss filled sack, a boil that needs to be lanced, a colostomy bag that is bursting at the seams.

Of course he is obscenely wealthy and couldnt care less if everyone but he and his commie friends end up like the average Cuban or Vietnamese citizen.

Posted by: Anonymous at June 3, 2009 8:42 AM

Funny how time changes things. The car is now the greatest evil ever, but then why did the Fat Bastard make Roger and Me in the first place? Will he now go back and say that GM is a hero for closing the Flint plant? Or is the UAW evil for trying to keep their jobs making such an evil product?

I'm confused!!!!!

Posted by: steve at June 3, 2009 9:29 AM

Micheal Moore is a putrid pusbag and a faggot from hollyweed frankly someone sould pull down his fancy home and make him live in a box

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at June 3, 2009 11:26 AM

OMG! That picture has been photoshopped!

I almost didn't notice!

Posted by: GEJ at June 3, 2009 11:40 AM

Posted by: rawdawgbuffalo at June 3, 2009 12:03 PM

you guys sound angry cause maybe he's right? For years and years, the big three lobbied against fuel effecientcy laws. the big suvs and trucks were selling, and sadly it was the only auto market they had a fair share of. Only an idiot would believe fuel would stay so cheap forever.
In the mean time, other countries put tougher restrictions on their automakers. now our companies can't compete. There's a lot of reasons gm is going under. But many of them are because it's their own fault.

Posted by: rick386 at June 3, 2009 12:37 PM

i think also, you misinterpret his meaning about being 'glad'. I think he's happy that the stage has finally been set for a change. oh, and steve, i believe mike is from michigan.

Posted by: rick386 at June 3, 2009 12:41 PM

He looks like one of those evil pigs from ANIMAL FARM just send that picture to some islamic radicals and see them shoot it full of holes

Posted by: Flu-Bird at June 3, 2009 12:49 PM

I was going to say it looks like Michael Moore has been working out, and then I realized it was a picture of a pig.

Posted by: Judith M. at June 3, 2009 12:59 PM

Rick just because you can't pass your drivers test is no reason to project bitterness.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at June 3, 2009 1:31 PM

Or do those great big trucks scare you?

Posted by: Farmer Ted at June 3, 2009 1:32 PM

What's good for America is good for Twentieth-Century Motors.

Posted by: Kevin R at June 3, 2009 7:15 PM

OH MY GOD... Get the State hat OFF it!

Posted by: brooke at June 3, 2009 7:19 PM

imagine him at a hawian luau AS THE MAIN-CORSE becuase the hawians love hollywood porkers

Posted by: turu the terrible at June 3, 2009 9:15 PM

Moore is an idiot fixated at 17 years old. In his entire screed he overlooks the fact that those evil corporations are also the ones that built his beloved city in the first place. It was people who think like him, the unions, that destroyed it through their greed.

Posted by: IOpian at June 3, 2009 10:35 PM

Hey Rick-Very few things that come out of Michael Moore's mouth are "right". He can't even get the name of his home town correct. He actually grew up in Davison, a white-collar, small town with more upper-middle class incomes. And that's just the first lie...As to your point that American car companies are incapable of producing cars and/or trucks with better fuel technologies? False. Where do you think Japan and Korea got their tech from? Oh, that's right! They bought it from us!
The big 3 didn't "kill" Flint, the UAW did. And until 2 weeks ago, the automaker and the UAW were separate entities.

Posted by: FormerlyfromMI at June 4, 2009 6:43 AM

" is not the joy of revenge against a corporation that ruined my hometown and brought misery, divorce, alcoholism, homelessness, physical and mental debilitation, and drug addiction to the people I grew up with."
Funny thing is, Flint is NOT Michael Moore's hometown! Moore was born and raised in Davison, which is near to Flint geographically, but the similarities end there. Flint was (And still is now) a poor town, inhabited by mostly lower- class workers, many of whom are minorities, whereas Davison is a wealthy, lily- white suburb whose inhabitants were frequently the bosses of the people living in Flint.

"Didn't he also lie his ass off on his "documentary" Roger and Me? I think I remember hearing that somewhere and as much as Mikhail Moore lies, I don't find it that hard to believe."
Indeed he did! In addition to the point I just made regarding his hometown, 'Roger and Me' is filled with a whole laundry list of lies (Though usually not him actually saying something false, since that could get him sued, but deliberately presenting facts in such a way as to make the audience draw false conclusions; Moore may be a heartless, dishonest pig without the slightest trace of integrity or concern for others, but he's smart about it), false representations, and slandering of good people (Including several who considered Moore their friend, without realizing he only cared about himself, and was planning to sell them out and betray them to boost his own ego).

Three years ago, in a filler class I had to take in college, I learned that towards the end of the semester, we would be forced to watch 'Roger and Me' in class. The first day, I asked if I could be exempt from that particular day because I hate Moore, and the teacher said something to the extent of "Then you should see it and give us your opinion." Well, he got his wish. I spent much of that semester studying the many inaccuracies in that film (The book 'Michael Moore is a Big, Fat, Stupid White Man,' by David T. Hardy and Jason Clarke, was an excellent source which provided a lot of information in that regard in an entire chapter devoted to 'Roger and Me'), so I'd be prepared on the day we watched it in class, and I was definitely prepared. My teacher wanted in- class discussion of the film when we were done watching it, so he GOT in- class discussion of the film! I listed off every inaccuracy and every dishonest or unethical tactic Moore used in the making of that film that I could find. The class was silent for a few seconds when I was done, then the teacher quickly changed the subject. Later, all the classmates I asked about it said they agreed with me and didn't think I was being out of line at all.

Posted by: Adam at June 4, 2009 8:28 AM

I guess that means he will stop driving and stop taking gas guzzling limos to awards ceremonies. IN fact we should insist upon it. Anyone who sees MM or his wife in a car should photograph it, post it and make the authorities aware.

Posted by: puffdaddy at June 4, 2009 9:19 AM

Someone should dump his oscar in the trash

Posted by: Fu-Bird at June 4, 2009 9:22 PM