« The Truth About the Left's Favorite Polar Bear Photo | Main | Michael Moore Delighted to See America Sliding Toward Socialist Authoritarianism »

April 2, 2009

Obama's Goofy Gift to the Queen

So the reports weren't an April Fools joke after all. Chairman Zero actually followed up his gift to the nearly blind Gordon Brown of a cheesy DVD collection that won't even play on British machines by giving the Queen of England a second iPod. Rumors that it came preloaded with "God Save the Queen" by the Sex Pistols could not be confirmed. But we do know that it featured the grotesquely narcissistic BO's own speeches.

You would think that one of the 12 teleprompters he brought along would have some vague clue about conducting foreign relations, or at least that the country is officially called the United Kingdom, not England.

As is often the case with the Moonbat Messiah, we're left to wonder if we're seeing malice or incompetence. Britain did more than any other country to end slavery, but evidently B. Hussein resents it for colonizing Kenya. Whether he means to send the message, "I don't like America's oldest and closest ally," it has once again been received loud and clear.

The same moonbats who raved that electing this Marxist clown would "unite us" also promised he would restore our supposedly frayed relations with our traditional allies. Gordon Brown may be happy to accept abused lapdog status, but the relatively conservative leadership that is likely to replace him may show more dignity. France and Germany, which currently enjoy much better leadership than either the US or UK, have already made it clear they will not be following The One over the socialist cliff into insolvency.

sex-pistols-god-save-the-queen-posters.jpg
Barry also gave her this magnificent tapestry.

On tips from GZ, not a cheapskate, Burning Hot, and the MaryHunter. Hat tip: theblogprof.

Posted by Van Helsing at April 2, 2009 7:19 AM

Comments

I want to die of shame.

AC

Posted by: AC at April 2, 2009 7:35 AM

Obama has no more social grace than you'd find at da Bears game- but surrounded by sycophants, who's going to point-out his serial ineptitude?

And is there some anti-British sentiment coming from Obama due to Kenya's history as a British Colony? Some grudge there?

I couldn't believe the cancelled photo-op with Brown and the tacky DVD-boxed set gift of "ET" and other crap- Doesn't Barack think he'd have watched that by now if he was so inclined? And now an i-pod for the Queen? -nice touch, lol

These anti-British stunts should tell you whether Obama, in his heart, considers himself more Kenyan-African, or more American. A REAL American wouldn't have sent-back the bust of Churchill that was in the White House and insult our closest ally.

Maybe he should check his wierd personal hangups and do his job in a professional manner- this stuff is getting pretty embarassing.

Posted by: Reaganite Republican Resistance at April 2, 2009 7:51 AM

Does he least have as much grace as the 800 levelers at the Iggles games?

Anyway, the British did do some terrible things in the colonies, but they also did some good, like ending the horrible practice of "suttee" (when widows, even child brides, were thrown on the funeral pyres of their husbands) and the thuggee cults, which killed millions in honor of the goddess Kali (I'm not picking on India, those are the two examples that come to mind). Also, thanks for pointing out the British role in ending slavery, which they did well before the United States. If you get a chance, rent the excellent movie "Amazing Grace" about William Wilberforce's fight against the slave trade.

Posted by: MST at April 2, 2009 7:58 AM

Obama makes me pine for the Clinton years.

Posted by: Judith M. at April 2, 2009 8:10 AM

Excellent points, MST.
Many people like to point out the abuses the British comitted against the people of the nations they colonized (Which are real, and are definitely regrettable), yet pay no mention to the good that the British did to those areas, including helping to eliminate many of the genuinely barbaric practices which had been performed in those areas, such as what you mentioned.
I'm told after Sir Charles Napier outlawed the practice of suttee, many of the Indian locals complained, saying that suttee was one of their time- honored customs. Napier responded, "You say it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. However, where I come from, we also have a custom: When men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre. My carpenters will build a gallows beside it. If you wish, you may practice your custom, but then we will practice ours."
Oh, and 'Amazing Grace' is a wonderful movie, which I'm proud to include in my DVD collection.

Posted by: Adam at April 2, 2009 8:36 AM

It is widely reported that the Queen actually requested the IPOD, which in addition to the aforementioned contents, it also contained Showtunes which the Queen loves.She apparently did not have any interest in another bowl or pen set. Talk about getting wound up over petty things!

Posted by: Anonymouse at April 2, 2009 8:43 AM

A further note about British colonization: my wife if from Indonesia, which was under Dutch rule for about 300 years. Neighboring Malaysia and Singapore were under British rule. My wife says that Indonesians wish that if they had to be taken over by anyone that it had been England, because although you are not a "free" nation anymore, the British brought civilization, progress, and most importantly, education. The Dutch used to do everything in their power to keep the natives stupid, uneducated, and fighting amongst themselves. The British used to educate everyone, even the native "inferiors". In general, she notes, the former British Empire states are much better off than any other colonies - at least those that haven't been ruined by moonbats since then. Singapore is an economic powerhouse despite being about the size of my backyard. Malaysia is in reasonable shape, especially in comparison to the rest of southeast Asia. That's not to say that everything the British did was good and pure, but it wasn't all bad, either.

And BHO would do well to remember that he is not Kenyan, and further that he is the goddamn President of the United States, and for God's sake act like it. Whatever the British did in the past, they are our strongest ally and should be treated with all the respect that entails.

Posted by: CoderInCrisis at April 2, 2009 8:48 AM

What's next for Obama, Regifting?

Posted by: oldguy at April 2, 2009 9:00 AM

Uh, guys, check the date of the story. (cough)

Posted by: Jay Guevara at April 2, 2009 9:11 AM

One last comment about suttee (or sati) in India: There is no place in Hindu society for widowed women. They are not allowed to remarry and remain pariahs. Here's a heartbreaking article about the situation:

It's a sad fact that in most developing countries women are still being treated like dirt (and no, I'm not a "feminazi")!

Posted by: MST at April 2, 2009 9:16 AM

On one hand I would say this is proof that comrade Obama is in way over his head. On the other hand I can't put out of my mind the thought that he is doing this by design. A way perhaps to jab a jinger in our collective eyeball. "See honky, I can do as I please. I is the Prez"
I nay event I am deeply emabarrased, not of my country but for my country. I am embarrassed by the Dripping Putz that calls itself President.

Posted by: Bill S. at April 2, 2009 9:49 AM

Posted by: Anonymouse at April 2, 2009 8:43 AM

Yeah, I'm sure the Queen of England requested a specific gift from a visiting dignitary. What was that citation you provided again? Oh that's right...

Posted by: cowlove at April 2, 2009 10:19 AM

Posted by: Anonymous at April 2, 2009 11:32 AM

Posted by: Anonymous at April 2, 2009 11:32 AM

You said (maybe, all you Anon's run together), "It is widely reported that the Queen actually requested the IPOD..."

When asked for a citation, you gave a link to MSNBC.com that mentioned nothing about the Queen asking for anything.

Here's a hint: if something is "widely reported," it's generally carried by many media outlets, even credible ones. Also, when a citation is asked for, the one(s) you provide should support your point in at least a minor way.

Sigh, kids these days...

Posted by: cowlove at April 2, 2009 12:28 PM

Oldguy asked "What's next for Obama, Regifting?"

The Weekly Standard does a parody on its last page every week, and last week's was hilarious.
I just tried to type it, without it in front of me. I just couldn't do it justice. Check the open thread tomorrow.

Posted by: Karin at April 2, 2009 1:56 PM

"It is widely reported that the Queen actually requested the IPOD..."

I love seeing junk like this. It reminds me of how difficult microcephalic liberals must have it in always having to confabulate something to reinforce their beliefs.
Their misery is its own reward.

BTW the positive aspects of British colonization was widespread. Another civilizing influence was in Abyssinia, where the Brits put an end to the disgusting practice of eating the raw hindquarters of a live calf while listening to the screaming animal as a form of entertainment.

Posted by: Fiberal at April 2, 2009 2:38 PM

"It is widely reported that the Queen actually requested the IPOD"

And the White House is the source for this claim. Why should I believe them?

That’s just total BS and you are foolish to believe it.

I do not believe that she asked the President of the United States to bring her an IPOD. She is the wealthiest woman on the planet; if she wanted an IPOD she would surely just send someone out to pick one up for her, not ask the leader of the (temporarily) free world to bring her one. I honestly cannot see the Queen of England telling the President what gift she wants.

Posted by: anonymous at April 2, 2009 3:12 PM

Guys, guys: it's an April Fool's gag.

The funny part is that Obama's performance so far has been just lame enough that giving the Queen an iPod with the Sex Pistols "Gov Save the Queen" on it is almost plausible.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at April 2, 2009 4:19 PM

...is almost plausible.

Jay, I gotta see confirmation that this is actually a joke. Unfortunately, this is not "almost plausible."

Posted by: cowlove at April 2, 2009 4:28 PM

Obama doesn't bumble at all. He's just that arrogant that he knows he can get away with anything he says no matter how crass it is. He is the master elitist.

Posted by: Anonymous at April 2, 2009 8:35 PM

So now Moonbattery doesn't like “anti-British sentiment”? I was called a “festering, syphilis ridden piece of Eurotrash” on the website a few days ago! Can I call you hypocrites a second time?

Posted by: Gimme Money at April 2, 2009 10:36 PM

Hahaha! Are you serious? You are too funny!

Look, I know that this may be difficult for your tiny grain of sand that you call an *ahem* brain to comprehend, but I just post here and my opinions are my own as are those of the other posters.

Personally, I have no problem with Europeans and have a strong British/Irish lineage but when you and your smarmy European attitude start blithely addressing Americans as 'Yanks', then don't be shocked when someone takes issue as they did.

And, if you will recall, Mr. Troll, I was making a point about your sad habit of projection and hypocrisy in the post you linked. You said such 'terms of endearment' didn't bother you Europeans at all and, yet, here you are kvetching about them still!

Thanks for the belly laugh. I needed it. :)

Posted by: SK at April 2, 2009 11:33 PM

You think referring to Americans as "Yanks" is on a par with referring to Europeans as syphilis ridden Eurotrash? You'll be saying Arab is equivalent to “camel piss drinking dune coon” or black is equivalent to “spear chucking nigger” next. I wasn't trying to be offensive or "smarmy" (?) Yank is just slang for American. Since I'm not a Confederate soldier I mean no offence by calling you (American citizen) a Yank, OK?

Sorry if I accidental hurt your hypersensitive feelings through incorrect word usage. I though that wasn't an issue unless your name was Mohamed. I'll try harder to refer to you by the correct label in future: relocated person of syphilis ridden Eurotrash descent. Although I'm happy to find somebody who's easily amused.

Posted by: Gimme Money at April 2, 2009 11:46 PM

Posted by: Gimme Money at April 2, 2009 11:46 PM

Translation: Baaaw!

Posted by: SK at April 3, 2009 12:35 AM

Baaaw!

I'm not familiar with that language; is it French?

Posted by: Gimme Money at April 3, 2009 1:09 AM

It is short for butthurt which is a sensation I am sure that you are *cough* intimately familiar with.

Posted by: SK at April 3, 2009 2:02 AM

English 101:

Pathetic
1 : having a capacity to move one to either compassionate or contemptuous pity
2 : marked by sorrow or melancholy : sad
3 : pitifully inferior or inadequate
4 : absurd , laughable

Posted by: Gimme Money at April 3, 2009 6:31 AM

Gimme Money, take your hate elsewhere.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at April 3, 2009 9:33 AM

Archbishop of Westminster now on
same frequency as Muslims too. We'll have an Archbishop endorsing Sharia law soon, err. Sorry for my hate Jay :)

Posted by: Gimme Money at April 3, 2009 10:29 AM

What do you fear, Gimme Money?

Posted by: Jay Guevara at April 3, 2009 1:43 PM