« Sebelius Lied About Payoffs From Late-Term Abortionist | Main | James Hackett of Anadarko Lets Fly at Demented Energy Policy »

April 14, 2009

Free Cameras for Phony Photo Op

Stung by the contempt in which their figurehead is rightly held by the military, Comrade Obama's handlers set to work trying to prove that even the leftist punk who denounced our troops in Afghanistan as "just air-raiding villages and killing civilians" can be made to appear as if he is loved by our protectors in arms.

Macsmind received an email from a sergeant who was present at Obama's pre-announced "surprise" visit to Camp Victory:

"We were pre-screened, asked by officials "Who voted for Obama?", and then those who raised their hands were shuffled to the front of the receiving line. They even handed out digital cameras and asked them to hold them up."
Take a look at the picture at AP and notice all the cameras are the same models? Coincidence? I think not.

Via Hot Air:

obamaphonysuprisevisittoiraq.jpg

Maybe Obama should get some help staging phony photo ops from his friends out in Hollyweird. But this farcical event was authentic enough to pass for real in the mainstream media.

On a tip from Bob S.

Posted by Van Helsing at April 14, 2009 8:56 AM

Comments

imagine my surprise

Posted by: blue at April 14, 2009 10:11 AM

Any styrofoam columns, anything like that? Maybe bring in Leni Riefenstahl or Sergei Eisenstein as artistic consultant?

Posted by: Jay Guevara at April 14, 2009 10:33 AM

“It is time for us to transition to the Iraqis”

Uh, I thought we had already started doing that? It's the reason my sister was able to come home from Baghdad. All of the statements Obama made concerning Iraq during his "surprise visit" are just parroted remarks about things that are already being done, and it sounds like he's trying to lay claim to them, like they're doing it because he told them to. That's the impression I got from his speech to the troops who "cheered wildly".

Posted by: Seamus at April 14, 2009 10:33 AM

Isn't that illegal for the government to base any selection or treatment on how someone voted?

oh! oops a libtard did it, the law doesn't matter.

Posted by: justanotherdidohead at April 14, 2009 10:47 AM

Any G.I. who allows obama to even touch them should go trhough decotamination who knows what kind of virus he is passing on

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at April 14, 2009 11:38 AM

The interesting thing about this story, assuming it is true, is that Obama and the liberals generally must have been stung by the rapturous greeting accorded Bush, and the polite golf clap greeting that Obama has received in various venues.

Apparently that hurt enough that they went out of their way to try to reproduce the same type of enthusiasm for the Messiah (again assuming that this story is accurate).

Posted by: Jay Guevara at April 14, 2009 12:18 PM

From the moment I saw this story days ago I knew it had to be fake. I knew our men and women weren't that stupid.

AC

Posted by: AC at April 14, 2009 4:16 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again...
STOP. USING. US. AS. A. PROP.

Collectively, we are not Republicans, Democrats, SoCons, AnyCons, RINOs, DINOs, or whatever. We are Americans, and almost every race, creed, or idea is represented in our ranks (though we ARE generally more conservatively flavored in the careerist ranks). "We" don't hate CinC Obama anymore than "we" hated former CinC Bush. Some do, and some don't, and the truly honorable ones will never display that hate openly.

V/R

Posted by: Double D at April 14, 2009 8:31 PM

I'm waiting for the staged Photo-Op on the War Dead Silent Flight.

It's only a matter of time...

Posted by: Evil Monk at April 14, 2009 10:06 PM

And, like the iPod given to the Queen, the cameras probably weren't even made in the USA.

Way to help our economy, O!

Posted by: ToddonCapeCod at April 15, 2009 3:08 AM

Pre-screened audiences?!? Who would have thought of that? Oh yeah, Bush did during his 8 years. lol

"You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot easier." - Governing Magazine, July, 1998

"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier; just so long as I'm the dictator." - Washington D.C. December 18, 2000

"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it." - Business Week, July 30, 2001

"See in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." - Rochester NY, May 24, 2005

Posted by: libertarian at April 15, 2009 8:18 PM

Libertarian, why are you talking about Bush? I realize you hate his guts, but good lord man, you really need to get over the sickness you have for the man.

In all reality, everything Obama does is fake. He has to have a teleprompter everywhere he goes, he can't speak off the cuff, he can't give gifts worth crap, he makes us look bad over seas, he puts in debt, he insults Americans of ever creed, and he can't even get the troops support besides those who were "chosen" from a group. Why can't he just allow everyone to see him or talk to him. Is he afraid of someone actually questioning his almighty authority?

Anyways, liberatian, great to see your posts. Always fun to see a know-nothing post here.

Posted by: Anonymous at April 15, 2009 9:50 PM

Glad to see my "know-nothing" post warranted two rsponses! lol I was merely pointing out that you seem outraged over photo-ops. They are nothing new. While I am no Obama-lover (socialism is almost as anathema to me as totalitarianism), I would have to disagree with the "making us look bad over(sic)seas (one word)" if you are refering to people overseas. If you are refering to here in the US, well... lol. Here are some news articles about how he is PERCEIVED overseas:
Anyway, my underlying point was that your whining about Obama this and Obama that is not new or a radical departure from the Bush presidency. It certainly happened in the last administration. I wonder if you complained about the same issues while Bush was in office. If a politician does something that I don't agree with, I complain regardless of party affiliation (especially since I generally vote Independent). Bear-baiting is such fun! :)

Posted by: libertarian at April 15, 2009 10:52 PM

As a retired sailor, I can say that the photo op was probably not staged, but, was managed. Everything in the military is managed. And I can believe that the superiors were thinking of the Obama fans when they let them go first. I would not have attended at all unless ordered.
About the cameras....in theater, the PX supplies can be thin. During my time in Kuwait, there were many cameras available IN KUWAIT. Yet only a few actually sold. Some models were very popular due to price and the ability to withstand sand.

Posted by: Cargosquid at April 17, 2009 6:39 AM