« Israeli Aggression | Main | Open Thread »

February 13, 2009

Why Porkulus Must Be Voted on Before Anyone Can Read It

Congresscritters will not be getting 48 hours to leaf through the 1,071-page final version of the unreadable $790 billion (not counting interest) Porkzilla power grab as promised. Even Dem Senator Frank Loutenberg, I mean Lautenberg, admits that none of his colleagues will have a chance to read it. But there's a good reason to force an immediate vote: Queen Nancy is jetting off to Europe today.

Unfortunately, she plans to come back.

pelosi_queen_nancy.jpg
Queen Nancy will take to the skies once again.

On a tip from nancz.

Posted by Van Helsing at February 13, 2009 9:52 AM

Comments

PORKZILLA is coming along with his little baby PORKULUS and man are they gonna F%^$ up America BAAAAAAD!

Load up on ammo guys!

Posted by: Anonymous at February 13, 2009 9:59 AM

At least obamessiah will leave it on the web site for 5 days before he signs it. He promised us that with his "Sunshine Policy" during the campaign.

Posted by: bjd at February 13, 2009 9:59 AM

ugh. i don't know what's worse, the anger I am feeling towards this bill being pushed on the American people... or the revolting feeling in my stomach from that picture of Pelosi.

that's it, i just lost my appetite.

Posted by: Pete at February 13, 2009 10:30 AM

oh no. Son of Porkzilla. More "Pork We Need". In more Pork we Trust.

Posted by: Pete at February 13, 2009 10:34 AM

You staya home Nancy. You no come here. You screw uppa one cart funeral. Staya home, playa wid a breadstick.

Posted by: Cardinal Guido Sarducci at February 13, 2009 10:47 AM

How can the Pope meet with this baby-killing Catholic?

Posted by: Teddy Roosevelt at February 13, 2009 10:50 AM

Can't you all see what's going on here? This is a carefully planned defensive ploy designed to keep up safe from Muslim terrorist.

What they are doing is loading the country full of "PORK". Muslims will not touch, come near, or have anything to do with PORK. They'll leave us alone, finally.

Posted by: bjd at February 13, 2009 11:01 AM

Tomorrow I am going to get my blue card in RI so I can buy a handgun, other assorted firearms before they are banned. I stopped putting into my 401K a couple of weeks ago and plan to put some money into gold (while I still have a job). Buy some survival supplies, water filtration, canned goods, dry goods oil lanterns, radios, etc...
I just feel the need to be ready for whatever comes down the pike because everything that has happened in the last month leads me to believe anything can happen in the next 4 years.
Civil war is to horrible to imagine, I can't quite wrap my mind around what that would be like but I'll be damned if I'm going to let me and my family get caught with our pants down.

Posted by: Geronimo at February 13, 2009 11:19 AM

We pay these idiots for one thing...TO BE LEGISLATORS.

Anyone in Congress that does not read every single line in that bill should be fired IMMEDIATELY.

OHHHH, it's BORING. It's HARD TO UNDERSTAND! TOUGH SHIT! My job can be boring and hard too...but if I don't do it, I LOSE IT. FAIR IS FAIR.

These guys are getting away with MURDER. Dem and Republican, if they don't do their job, we need to fire 'em.

Posted by: matt at February 13, 2009 11:33 AM

How dare Pelosi use the Pope for political advantage! I hope he drop-kicks her across the Plaza.

Posted by: Judith M. at February 13, 2009 11:41 AM

How can people in the media just swallow this? They're covering this like it's the best thing since sliced bread, and they have no freaking clue what's even in the bill! The media's character has never looked worse, in my opinion. They have become the official mouthpiece for the ruling class.

Posted by: Anonymous at February 13, 2009 11:43 AM

I'm with Geronimo.

My wife and I have been saving water and canned goods for over two years.

I've been loading up on ammo for nearly as long.

It's awful to imagine but I don't plan on being useless when the collapse comes.

Posted by: cowlove at February 13, 2009 1:19 PM

Historical.

This is what a first-world version of a coup by a socialist government looks like.

Posted by: Fiberal at February 13, 2009 2:01 PM

with the crown and sash, sort of reminds you of the brainpower of the pagent contestant from south carolina that gave that insightful answer to the question about maps.

thank you for not posting a picture from the swimsuit competition.

Posted by: anonymous at February 13, 2009 2:26 PM

I'm fed up with these people in congress, and if I'm fed up there has to be millions of others just as fed up.

Posted by: Kevin R at February 13, 2009 2:46 PM

heh heh heh

Posted by: Anonymous at February 13, 2009 4:46 PM

On the other hand... If Obama succeeds and pulls the country through... the Republican/Conservative(?) party and its belief system may be discredited forever and cease to exist... so it would be in your interest to do everything in your power to denigrate, ridicule, smear, negate, destroy, (etc., etc.) him and his policys... oh wait a minute... thats already what your trying to do ...oh never mind...

Posted by: Fez at February 14, 2009 6:18 AM

Don't worry, Fez, he'll implode all on his own. We're just pointing out the obvious (well, obvious to anyone who isn't suffering from delusions that a Chicago-machine politician, bred, born, and raised on Marxism, is the Messiah).

We're not even a month into this administration and we've already seen:

...four nominiees pull out of the process in disgrace because of tax-dodging or other corruption.

..."bipartisanship" and "reaching across the aisle" morph into "I won".

...the blatant power grab of moving the Census from the Dept. of Commerce to the White House under the direction of Rahm Emanuel. (I wonder how many capillaries in Fez's eyeballs would have popped if it had been Dubya handing the census over to Karl Rove?).

..."a return to fiscal responsibility" turn into Porkzilla, the largest spending bill in history, a 'stimulus' package that a laundry-list of respected economists say won't work.

..."the most transparent administration in history" demand that Porkzilla be voted on (all 1,073 pages of it) 24 hours after it was finalized, before anyone could have a chance to find out what's actually in it.

Hey Fez, I have a financial contract I want you to sign. It's good for you, trust me, you'll make out like a bandit. What are you doing? No, no... don't bother to read it. You won't understand it & I'm smarter than you anyway, just sign it, it's good for you. Medicial care being dictated by bureaucrats? That's just the fine print... a formality. There's plenty of it, don't worry about it, it's not going to happen the way they say. Just sign it. SIGN IT!!! NO TIME TO THINK!!!! NO TIME TO DISCUSS!!!! SIGN IT YOU IGNORANT HICK!!!!

Seriously, Fez, if you ever wondered how to define "bloodless coup", this is it.

Posted by: hiram at February 14, 2009 7:38 AM

EXACTLY! It's so much fun to watch them pull 180's on everything they cried about the last few years.

Posted by: Anonymous at February 14, 2009 1:11 PM

Anon...

Thanks. What we're seeing is the ultimate in 'projection'. Everything that Feztard and other liberal idiots spent the last 8 years bitching about, whining about how Dubya was the 'Antichrist' and 'Bushitler', destroying the Constitution and wiping out all of our liberties... when he never did any of those things... are exactly what the Oblahblah Chairmanship is doing now.

But do you hear a peep from those "champions of the Constitution"? I beg to differ.

This is a socialist/communist takover of the worst order. Turn your money into bullets and gold, in that order.

Posted by: hiram at February 14, 2009 5:00 PM

Fez: what is it that you think any conservative/Republican stands to gain, if the United States fails to 'pull through'? You think conservatives would be happy even if the economy was destroyed entirely,as long as they stopped the other guy from 'winning'?

Posted by: Mandible Claw at February 15, 2009 10:46 AM

Bullets: check. Shopping for a nice generator now, to keep the freezers running until I get freeze-drying running. Project this spring: start digging out an underground bunker under the back deck...

Posted by: Mr Evilwrench at February 15, 2009 10:59 AM