« Corpsicle Evokes Yawns in Detroit | Main | Al Gore Foiled by Punxsutawney Phil »

February 2, 2009

Tax Cheat Tom Daschle Says He's Sorry

One good thing has come of the Age of Obama: We now know how to get zillionaire Democrat bigwigs to pay their back taxes. All you have to do is appoint them to cabinet positions.

Upon getting nominated, Timothy Geithner, who as Treasury Secretary will be overseeing the IRS, paid up — and so did Chairman Zero's choice to oversee the state takeover of the healthcare industry as head of the Health and Human Services Department.

It looks like we've found an exception to Democrat supporter Leona Helmsley's dictum:

Only the little people pay taxes.

Not to worry about Tom Daschle trying to cheat the government out of $128,203; he says he's sorry — though it's doubtful he is anywhere near as sorry as the American public will be as it figures out what the liberal media duped it into electing.

tom-dascle_barack-obama.jpg
Tax cheat Tom Daschle needed the money to spend on new glasses.

On a tip from Name.

Posted by Van Helsing at February 2, 2009 9:08 AM

Comments

I'm STILL bitter about Geithner. When I think of all the people whose lives were made a living hell by the IRS, I do not understand why there is not revolution.

I don't want to hear "sorry." I want some people with top-notch ethics. I expect it out of myself, is it too much to ask of these creeps?

Posted by: Karin at February 2, 2009 9:32 AM

Here is another example of King Herod's open, transparent, free from corruption, all out in the open, lobbyist free, new way of doing business, change, not the same old way style, hope for America. As is ever more apparent, since he has lied to this extent about these things--what can we believe of anything he has ever said or ever will say?

Where could he find a more corrupt old retread who is more partisan and more of a big sucker on the public teat with more slimy problems with ethics and good old boy politics than Tom Daschle? You would think Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi would be enough to make Kind Herod sick to his stomach. Why in the world would he want this wax museum escapee around him?

Posted by: SnowSnake at February 2, 2009 9:51 AM

Daschle started his Senate career as a man of modest means, but left as a multi-millionaire thanks to a fortune in influence money funnelled through his lobbyist wife.

One can only hope that by stocking his administration with the habitually corrupt veterans of the democrat party, Obama is sowing the seeds of his own downfall. A slim Hope, but at least it's one that can believed in.

Posted by: Beef at February 2, 2009 10:04 AM

I'm going to be bleepin irate if I get audited. I don't cheat, but I'm sure they would find something to hassle me over since I'm self-employed.

Posted by: forest at February 2, 2009 10:16 AM

There have been corrupt/incompetent administrations in the past, but the diffrence between them and this one is that in the past, they tried to HIDE it! Obama's administration is a disaster looking for a place to come apart and the Liberals get mad whenever someone points this out.

Posted by: KHarn at February 2, 2009 10:49 AM

Ahhh, Democrats.
Those guys remind me of Lyndon Johnson and Billy Sol Estes.

Posted by: Mockingbird at February 2, 2009 10:52 AM

Is it me, or does he look like an old, washed-up, Harry Potter?

Posted by: Smokey Behr at February 2, 2009 11:24 AM

This would all be so funny if the media wasn't there to polish these turds into gods for the sheep. The mainstream media... the opiate of the masses.

Posted by: Anonymous at February 2, 2009 11:25 AM

After the Timmy G. and Tommy D. appointments I came to realize why Democrats dont mind raising taxes;
they dont pay them....

Posted by: Joe B. at February 2, 2009 11:34 AM

Karin, I am SO with you. This is obscene. Big, high profile guys are getting busted left and right and we get "I'm sorry". Then the press and everyone make nice and say "See? He's sorry! All is forgiven."

They sure as hell wouldn't forgive ME or YOU if we cheated. No sir, there'd be penalties, audits and WE WOULDN'T GET THE JOB.

These are the same people who DESTROYED anyone who worked for Bush. Imagine Harry Reid or Nan Pelosi and the vitriol they'd spew if these were conservatives.

How can ANY of us pay taxes (and oh BOY are we going to pay) and not feel like we're getting screwed with a huge double standard? Remember now, Geithner doesn't understand the tax code, and Turbo-Tax didn't warn him he was cheati...I mean, failing to report his "mistake". SHEE-IT.

Posted by: matt at February 2, 2009 11:37 AM

Prez Yomama and his den of thieves.

Why aren't we being lectured to about the "culture of corruption" these days?

Posted by: rick at February 2, 2009 11:40 AM

Im getting tired of seeing OBAMASES THE GRAPES ugly mug everywhere i look

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at February 2, 2009 12:36 PM

I guess there is an upside to all this. If Obama continues to nominate enough tax deadbeats, we may be able to balance the budget from all the back taxes they are finally paying off to gain confirmation.

Posted by: kraki at February 2, 2009 1:09 PM

Can anyone tell me why Tiny Tom paid tax and interest, but no PENALTY???? Who excused the penalty?

Posted by: John at February 2, 2009 3:02 PM

Don't you people get it? Only the little people pay taxes.

Posted by: Anonymous at February 2, 2009 3:15 PM

Nice photo.

I think Douchle is explaining how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop.

Posted by: ccoffer at February 2, 2009 4:58 PM

is he sorry like teddy and the car accident?

Posted by: gomergirl at February 2, 2009 7:39 PM

"Nobody's Perfect" is the line Americans were given by the Obama administration when asked about another fraudulent case of tax evasion by the Obama nominees.

It is bad enough that nominees Bill Richardson, Hillary Clinton, and Timothy Geithner have all had major ethic issues, but another one! Tom Daschle will most likely be appointed to Secretary of Health and Human Services (Welfare) even after not paying $128,000 in taxes and another $12,000 in interest!

But if you are concerned about this I have two answers for you: Obama's Press Secretary, Robert Gibbs said "It was a serious mistake..." and Tom Daschle himself "apologized". Doesn't that make you feel better...

Posted by: Do Tell at February 2, 2009 9:39 PM

I seem to remember back in the 90's or early 0's that this gargoyle was justifying a tax increase, saying it was only the cost of a muffler.
Soooo ripe for parody.

Posted by: Greg at February 2, 2009 9:54 PM

Why didn't Geithner get the same treatment as Tom Daschle? Was it the glasses? Those Sally Jesse Raphael frames freaked me out!!

Seriously, I am an equal opportunity hater of tax cheating cabinet members and all those bums should be removed from positions of trust.

Posted by: SEO Guy at February 4, 2009 12:18 AM