« More on Chas Freeman, Obama's Pick to Head the National Intelligence Council | Main | Jews Infect Muslim Food With Cancer! »

February 25, 2009

Open Thread

diversitylane_foul-ball.jpg
Compliments of Diversity Lane.

Posted by Van Helsing at February 25, 2009 9:27 AM

Comments

What an inspiring (gag) speech last night. I really have hope now.

Posted by: Pauly at February 25, 2009 10:33 AM

Anybody hear about Joe Biden not knowing the "number" to his website?

Posted by: Karin at February 25, 2009 11:16 AM

Send that liberal coach to the showers and shower them with used motor oil until their gooie looking

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at February 25, 2009 12:46 PM

THE SPEECH: Negative to Objective Reactions

Well, the reviews of the president’s speech last night are still coming in, with few reflecting the expected adulation of the Obamassiah.

It seems the consequences of the ideas of this exceedingly ambitious and vainglorious president are finally sinking in. Some reviews are relatively objective and some downright critical in the extreme. Perhaps the muted response is due to what Politico.com refers to as too many conservative words to cloak a very liberal agenda?

One particular negative response addresses the White House plan to implement many of Obama’s grandiose schemes and, considering its source, is a shocker. Senator Robert Byrd (D. WV), the senate’s eldest, most curmudgeonly, most adept at bringing home the bacon, and most constitutionally-conscious member voiced a warning at his own party’s president’s czarist “power grab.”

Byrd, a Washington institution and legend in his own mind, roused himself sufficiently to lambaste Obama for his decision to take unto the White House various new policy offices which “can threaten the Constitutional system of checks and balances. At the worst, . . .

(Read the rest of this article at http://genelalor.com/.)

Posted by: Berlet98 at February 25, 2009 1:58 PM

Wall street was pretty impressed with PresBO's speech last night, it's up a whole 36 points right now. Apparently the only ones that are just falling over them selves with praise are his most loyal (and dumb) sheeple. And that was after ole' Bill gave HIM a rah rah speech. Apparently he, like his wife, just can't get proud of any of his country's endeavors. Aren't you so proud he is our Commander-and-Chief! Guess he doesn't want to appear to take sides.....

Posted by: TED at February 25, 2009 2:01 PM

I didn't watch the president's speech last night. I had just eaten my supper, and I wanted it to stay down.

However, I did watch Bobby Jindal. I was a little disappointed with Jindal. I don't think he delivered the speech that well. He just wasn't the Bobby Jindal I'm used to seeing.

After Hurricane Gustav (I live in Baton Rouge), he was such a take-command person. He took care of business. Gustav just tore us up, but, evidently, it did not get national news because New Orleans didn't flood (and there were no poor people standing around waiting to be rescued).

But, I digress... anyway, Jindal is extremely intelligent. Even if something is not his area of expertise, he can listen to someone and understand it. In the immediate days after Hurricane Gustav, Jindal was criticized for "talking too fast" at press conferences and for talking at a "level that the average person couldn't understand."

In his speech last night, I almost got the feeling he was trying to "dumb it down." He just seemed like he was talking to a child or something. I was just a little disappointed in Jindal, and I hope the rest of the nation doesn't get a negative opinion of him.

Posted by: Andrea at February 25, 2009 5:06 PM

Barney Frank: Republicans Didn’t Applaud Obama for Fear of Limbaugh and Hannity

I seem to recall the media and Democrats refusing to applaud Bush. The Democrats staying seated and silent during every Bush State of the Nation address except for 2002 and when troops were being mentioned.

Who were they afraid of?

Posted by: SK at February 25, 2009 5:39 PM