« Jews Infect Muslim Food With Cancer! | Main | Military Wary of Chairman Zero »

February 25, 2009

Obamas Settle on a Dog

Try not to think about the way Chairman Zero is flushing this country's future down the toilet with his multi-$trillion left-wing spending spree. Think of the lighter side: his family is getting a new dog. Michelle has settled on a breed: the Portuguese Water Dog. This rare breed isn't much to look at, but it does possess a symbolically relevant skill:

They are native to Portugal's coast, where they have been used by fishers to herd their catch into nets.

What better sidekick for a socialist ruler? Plus, unlike Plugs, they don't shed.

portuguese-water-dog.jpg
It even looks a bit like Michelle — although friendlier.

On a tip from Heather M.

Posted by Van Helsing at February 25, 2009 10:09 AM

Comments

Since they're having a problem coming up with a name for the poor dog I suggest "Pinch."

Posted by: Kevin R at February 25, 2009 10:34 AM

heheh good one it does look like her, you just need to slap it around a few times to develop a vicious mean streak ;)

Posted by: BillytheKid at February 25, 2009 10:44 AM

Is "fishers" a new gender-neutral term for fishermen?

Haven't seen that one before.

Posted by: forest at February 25, 2009 11:12 AM

You can say things like this as long as it is not a monkey. It will be black. Is it going to be a bitch or a son of a bitch? Looks like a nappy fur coat.

Posted by: SnowSnake at February 25, 2009 11:14 AM

Why does Obama need another dog, he already has one named Michelle?

Posted by: Anonymous at February 25, 2009 11:28 AM

I would have thought a Papillion would be more in keeping with the Obamas. Pretty-looking but useless. It's also French, which would excite the Europhiles on the left. They could have two, and name them "Tax" and "Spend".

Posted by: CoderInCrisis at February 25, 2009 12:04 PM

With millions of dogs and cats being destroyed every year simply because there are no homes for them, the Obamas could have set a good example by getting a shelter dog. They make the most wonderful companions!

Posted by: MST at February 25, 2009 12:40 PM

This rare breed isn't much to look at,...

In that case, it'll fit right in to their family.

Posted by: Anonymous at February 25, 2009 1:18 PM

The "Obama's" have set several examples so far, all of them consisted of "Do as I Say - NOT as I Do". And NONE of them were good. He is a Typical Hypocritical Liberal.

Posted by: TED at February 25, 2009 1:43 PM

Methinks they should have got a boxer dog, and named it Barbara. 'Nuff said.

Posted by: Graycat at February 25, 2009 1:50 PM

Yes, I agree with MST. They should have adopted a dog from a shelter. What kind of example are they setting? Plus, once they get this dog....crazy, disreputable breeders all over the country are going to start churning them out at high rates to keep up with all the fools who say "Oh, I want to have a Portugese Water Dog...that's what the Obama's have." Of course, most of them don't even know where Portugal is....or know the first thing about dogs and proper care of dogs.

Also, I read somewhere that one of the Obama girls is allergic to dogs. Why?? Why?? Why would you get a dog if your child is allergic to one. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that even non-shedding dogs can be problems for people with allergies.

Posted by: Andrea at February 25, 2009 2:34 PM

Haha! Michelle looks like a dog! Knee-slapper! Enjoy your generation-long exile, Repugtards.

Posted by: A Giant Slor at February 25, 2009 2:58 PM

Portugese water dogs or Porties are actually really cool dogs. Their fur is hypo-alergenic so people with allergies can have them which is why the Obama's got one. Porties are the best swimming dogs I have ever seen which is good because with our sinking economy we will be swimming in debf forever. Anyone bring their flippers?

Posted by: DDT at February 25, 2009 3:11 PM

BO doesn't deserve such as these!

Posted by: KHarn at February 25, 2009 3:32 PM

Giant Slug: I recall you saying the exact same thing the first month Jimmy Carter took office.

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Posted by: Anonymous at February 25, 2009 3:39 PM

SnowSnake: you had me rolling on that comment. It was mean and funny like Michelles face.

Posted by: Anonymous at February 25, 2009 5:10 PM

Cool story, bro.

Posted by: Anonymous at February 25, 2009 5:40 PM

I prefer the Austrailan Cattle Dog due to the fact that they go for the ankels

Posted by: Big_Daddy at February 25, 2009 6:50 PM

Anonymous: And I remember you saying something just a few years ago about a "permanent majority." How'd that work out for you, by the way?

Posted by: A Giant Slor at February 25, 2009 9:01 PM

Posted by: A Giant Slor at February 25, 2009 2:58 PM

He, DINO.

Taken your HIV meds today?

How's your hepatitis?

Posted by: SK at February 25, 2009 9:37 PM

why didn't they get a sheeple dog?....oops...I mean Sheep dog?

Posted by: 3bus at February 26, 2009 5:43 AM