« Age of Obamination | Main | Brush With Doom »

February 12, 2009

More Militant Moonbats Against Toy Guys

When logic isn't helping you push across your agenda, drag out some dead children. Warning: this moonbat propaganda is particularly tasteless.

Posted by Van Helsing at February 12, 2009 8:56 PM

Comments

I thought moonbats couldn't shock me anymore but this video managed to make me ill. These people do not want to just ban replica guns but All guns and use these images to manipulate us. As a kid we ran around with toy guns that did not look real ALL the time and my kids play with guns that do not look real. I would not let them play with replica guns. My dad owned a gun for protection as he owned a bar in the Bronx and twice it saved him without him having to fire a shot, showing it was enough. I am 100% behind the right to bear arms legally. I would approve banning replica guns but know it is just the beginning of banning all guns. History has shown us disarming the population is always the first step taken by tyrants.

Posted by: patricia mccormick at February 12, 2009 9:17 PM

It was disgusting. I hope they never air this on TV. These people don't know that practically anything can be used to harm someone else, especially children. Criminals will get illegal guns elsewhere, it's what makes them criminals. If you ban replica guns, you'll just find people turning other things into weapons. Should we ban cars? fists? kitchen knives? pens? Maybe we should just make everyone live in their own plastic bubble. Seriously, why don't they go after knives. They're by far much more common and MUCH more easily accessible than guns. Anyone can own a kitchen knife. You don't need a license or anything...

Posted by: Tuari at February 12, 2009 10:15 PM

These folks are in control of our White House and our Capitol.

Posted by: Two Dogs at February 12, 2009 10:18 PM

Oh, that is just un-F@#$-ing real. Is this actually shown on TV? As a kid, armed with a hand drill, we converted cartridge cap guns to shoot balls of modeling clay - what can I tell you, we were inventive. A freind had a number of exact replica guns, but we never even considered anything like putting a live round in them.

If replica guns are being converted to real firearms, I guarantee that it's not being done by 8 year olds. This trend, if it exists, indicates a scared populous that does not have legitimate access to fire arms for self protection. The film, in my opinion, is designed to get kids to rat out their parents for converting arms.

One only need to see that film of the Bobbies being herded down the street by the religion of peace folks a few weeks ago to understand why.

Posted by: Mike B. at February 12, 2009 10:20 PM

Sick stuff. (But such are liberals.)

If they are going to make videos of a self defense weapon depicted as they do, they should also make videos of police as murdering shootists, soldiers as cold-blooded killers, firemen as axe murderers, and doctors as knife wielding maniacs.

Makes as much sense.

Posted by: Jimbo at February 12, 2009 11:17 PM

That was a shocking ad. I wouldn't want my kids to see that on TV, it might deeply disturb them.

Guns don't kill people. It's something in a culture that makes people want to kill each other. Fear, racial hatred, and other things. When there's a gun close by, I suspect it's just a lot easier to do something you'll regret.

As for using guns for self defense, that's okay when guns are in the hands of responsible and moral people like your selves, but many people aren't as responsible. There are people I know who I wouldn't trust with a hand gun because they're young, emotional, or ill tempered, and thankfully they do not own one because in Australia where I live, it is too much effort (because it is illegal) for them to obtain one. We rely on the police for our protection, instead of personal firearms. It works okay most of the time.

Posted by: Greg at February 12, 2009 11:52 PM

"If you ban replica guns, you'll just find people turning other things into weapons. Should we ban cars? fists? kitchen knives?"

Knives? I thought Gordon Brown already banned knives?

Posted by: fordicon at February 12, 2009 11:56 PM

This video comes off as dumb, preachy, and inaccurate. Interestingly, these are exactly the things that liberals say about us.

Posted by: Arthur at February 13, 2009 12:00 AM

Sadly, this kind of thing does happen, although not nearly in the way depicted. Generally a situation like this happens when a kid starts playing with a real gun as if it were a toy. (And, yes, this will happen even if the child is properly taught about guns.)

Ban toy guns? Mmm... well, they're no valid self defense argument in their favor, and even a relatively small number of fatal accidents is enough to convince me. Why not?

Posted by: Anonymous at February 13, 2009 12:10 AM

Perspective:

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend them selves were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million ‘educated’ people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

Now more recent history, it has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australian taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:
Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.

Posted by: mandible claw at February 13, 2009 1:30 AM

Anonymous at February 13, 2009 12:10 AM

This is what you get when you huff paint all day long.

Posted by: Anonymous at February 13, 2009 2:31 AM

Anonymous(12:10 AM), what would be the next step? Taking toy cars from them because people can get hurt in car wrecks? Taking toy airplanes from them because people die in plane crashes? Take the toy guns away from them... they'll do the same damn thing we did as kids when we couldn't take toys to school: they'll find stick shaped like guns and play with those. By the way, I was a kid who played with toy guns, and I have never raised a gun in violence toward anything, human or not. You logic is flawed. And frankly it's a little bit creepy as well.

Posted by: Anonymous at February 13, 2009 2:35 AM

There you have it folks, PSH at it's best. I am sure this has never happened, and never will happen.

Posted by: Unicorn fart at February 13, 2009 4:15 AM

"We rely on the police for our protection, instead of personal firearms. It works okay most of the time."

Most of the time. Yeah, Greg, I guess you just hope you aren't part of the group that isn't "most". Remember, when seconds count, the plod is only minutes away.

Twit.

Posted by: Blinding Flash of the Obvious at February 13, 2009 5:07 AM

The POLICE come AFTER it happened. What is so hard about figuring that one out!?

As the sayings goes

When people ask me why I carry a gun I tell them because a COP is too HEAVY.

GET IT!

Posted by: TED at February 13, 2009 6:03 AM

Fear Mongering - it's a leftist tradition!!

And there always has to be a "Victim" for their agenda to work.

Posted by: TED at February 13, 2009 6:06 AM

Even if the citizens in the Unabled Kingdom are desperate enough for protection against stabbings, beatings, rapes, and robberies to convert replica or toy guns into working firearms, it's not like children can pick them up right off the shelf at the local toystore and accidentally shoot themselves.
I'm not sure I fully understand the point of the commercial, really. But kids wouldn't even "play guns" if they didn't see adults using them in that context every time the TV comes on.

And BTW- the first time I remember using a pretend gun it was not a stick, but one of my mother's high-heeled shoes. The recoil was incredible. ;)

Posted by: Murff at February 13, 2009 7:01 AM

Man! I wish I was that good of a shot. I can't hit a damned thing with a pistol.

Posted by: fashioncritic at February 13, 2009 7:46 AM

Liberals are true facists. They use violence to get across almost every talking point. Emotionality and condescension underlies all liberal thought (sic).
Try arguing with a liberal and (even if you can cope with the spitting obscenities) you'll eventually have a fight on your hands.

Liberals use violence in their humor (eg., Al Frankin), violence in their political demonstrations (think unwashed mob) and here, violence to get an inane point across about toy guns. (Something about how little kids are awfully good shots, or something...I dunno)
If unchecked, the anti-gun efforts of liberals will translate into massive violence by predatory criminals attacking the disarmed and unprotected in a totally uncivilized world.

wait...delete that last sentence... that's already happening.

Posted by: Fiberal at February 13, 2009 7:48 AM

Back a few years ago ROBIN WILLIAMS made a realy stupid movie called TOYS it was a antiwar toy movie and it was a abismal flop in the box office but this ad just proves how stupid liberals are

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at February 13, 2009 7:54 AM

More children die from High School sports than from guns. More children die from downing than from guns. More children die from just about any other cause than from guns. Fact.

Civilian gun owners in America use guns over a million times a year to stop or prevent a crime. Rarely do they actually have to fire the weapon.

Disarming the civilian population directly causes more deaths by several orders of magnitude than before disarmament.

But, hey, what the heck, why get all confused by real world facts when you can have utopia and unicorns by writing something on a piece of paper and chanting "So mote it be!" three times.

Posted by: chuck in st paul at February 13, 2009 8:52 AM

I'm seriously skeptical about the replica guns being converted into functional firearms. They would first of all have to be quite, um "detailed", and able to accept a round of ammunition. Mostly, I wouldn't count on the alloys used in replicas to stand up to the pressure of firing live ammunition. Heck, there's ammunition that's too hot for some actual firearms. It might hold together for a shot or two, or a few, but very soon it's going to be more dangerous to the operator than to the target. I'd wonder where these kids are buying their ammunition, as well. Hmm.

Posted by: Mr Evilwrench at February 13, 2009 9:22 AM

Why did they stop with pistols? Maybe some flame throwers with kids being lit up and running around flailing their arms as burning torches and screaming. Maybe some mortars with pieces of kids flying around and a little blond head rolling down the hill to the feet of the little girl. As long as you are totally disconnected from reality and writing propaganda with no basis in fact to limit you, you might as well do it right.

Since this piece assumes the kids are obviously skilled machinists with the proper steel and milling machines and lathes, there really wouldn't be much they couldn't make. (I was twelve and had access to a welder and carbon arc torches and a full machine shop with a forge. Somebody really would wet their pants if they saw some of the crap I made. And I didn't have to start with any silly replicas).

Posted by: SnowSnake at February 13, 2009 9:53 AM

Reminds of the t-shirt: Guns don't kill people,I do.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at February 13, 2009 12:31 PM

More kids drown in backyard swimming pools so dose that mean we should ban backyard swimming pool? of course not but i dont want to give some stupid demacratic moonbat ideas for stupid laws

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at February 13, 2009 3:27 PM

Some people in Africa convert paintball guns to fire a single round, are those going to be banned now?

Posted by: Third at February 13, 2009 10:13 PM