« Open Thread | Main | Muslims Riot Over Ski Sticker »

February 11, 2009

Henrietta Hughes Hits the Victimhood Jackpot

Jesus healed lepers and gave eyesight to the blind. But The Anointed One is asked to grant free kitchens. More from yesterday's spectacle in Fort Myers:

There is now a Henrietta Hughes website, where we learn that the mendicant Obamunist won't be needing federal freebies, because she has been showered with cash and even given a free house. Hard work can't hold a candle to victimhood these days.

The goal of the Democrat Party is to reduce us all to a herd of Henrietta Hugheses, blubbering victims slobbering on the shoes of bureaucrats as we beg for a handout. But we won't be getting free houses. To paraphrase Margaret Thatcher, eventually socialists run out of other people's money — even if they're willing to rob from future generations.

On tips from TED and Wiggins.

Posted by Van Helsing at February 11, 2009 6:18 PM

Comments

Apparently it was an Evil Republican Fascist Running Dog Capitalist that gave her the house.

Ungrateful moonbat.

Posted by: Scaramouche at February 11, 2009 6:52 PM

Cool, Our first Home Improvement President!

Driver!! MOVE.THAT.BUS!!!

Posted by: ChicagoBlood at February 11, 2009 7:03 PM

Mr President. Here is my personal wish list to you. Could you have this delivered by Friday at the latest:
_a new xbox 360
_a copy of fear2
_a triple whopper with cheese, fries and a large vanilla shake
_and a new puppy

My excuse? um.... I don't have a car or cash because I don't have a job...

Thank You very much. :D

Posted by: AC at February 11, 2009 7:04 PM

man. he's acting like Oprah, here.

Posted by: Auntie J at February 11, 2009 7:27 PM

heard she was a plant...

no, i didn't really hear that, but it would stand to reason and if spoken enough will eventually become "truth" - right?

Posted by: nancz at February 11, 2009 7:38 PM

AC, I like your list, but you gotta shoot higher (a la Henrietta): I'll take $10 million of that $4.2 billion appropriated (expropriated?) to ACORN -- call me a "Regional Coordinator" for that bunch, in charge of . . .well, something, anyway -- coordination, I guess; and let's have 10 of those thousands of new hybrids you're ordering under the Porkulus bill -- I won't drive one of the pieces of shit, I'm gonna sell 'em to idiot Libs in hopes they'll cruise 'em at 90 mph on the Interstate and go head-to-head with an 18-wheeler; we'll test that vaunted hybrid survivability ratio as compared to, say, an SUV; oh, and lemme have a few tons of that spinach we were going to subsidize -- I'll sell that to the veggans and the PUTAh-types for their consumption (Or, wait! Maybe I'll dry it out and package it as "Obama Weed," $400.00 a lid -- the Libs'll buy me out in no time!

Come on -- PLEASE, Mr. President, PLEASE!!!!! Gimme, gimme, gimme!!!!!

Posted by: jc14 at February 11, 2009 8:58 PM

I heard of Fox today that it was the wife of a republican elected official that gave Henrietta Hughes the house. Barack's official he sent to talk to her gave her a business card to some government agency.

Posted by: C-Bug at February 11, 2009 9:37 PM

Jesus?

this lady is on disability for cancer, and is living with her son in a car after he lost his job and then their house.

Didn't VH just post something about throwing Guantanamo prisoners out of a flying plane?

Why should you treat her any different?

ps. nothing was appropriated to ACORN that I could find. Yes I downloaded the most up to date stimulus bill and just searched it for "acorn" got nothing. Got a reference to that jc14?

Posted by: fine ahht at February 11, 2009 10:06 PM

of *course* she wasn't a plant. the fact she got the mic - out of all those hundreds and thousands of folks there who DIDN'T get it - is just an amazing lucky coincidence. as was the fact there was somebody there that "had this house i didn't really need, and was looking to just *give* to somebody."

just when ya think obama and his liberals can't get any stupider; that they can't **possibly** top their last whopper .....

you're wrong.

next week: he'll heal the sick. "lawd awmighty, i can WALK!!!!"

Posted by: ici chacal at February 12, 2009 12:31 AM

Posted by: fine ahht at February 11, 2009 10:06 PM

You're an idiot. Did you think that the bill would explicitly have the word "ACORN" in it?

There are a bunch of funds earmarked in there that ACORN "would be eligible to compete for."

Join the dots.

Posted by: mandible claw at February 12, 2009 3:30 AM

hey Mandible claw, you sure sound smart!

"I'll take $10 million of that $4.2 billion appropriated (expropriated?) to ACORN "

is somewhat different from "would be eligible to compete for" and I asked for a ref because I don't think its 4.2 billion up for the grabbin of Acorn. But then I wouldn't want to offend your "beliefs" on the matter, or pop any financial bubbles or anything.

I'm sure a smart guy can see the difference there. By the way SMART guy, it takes about 20 seconds to find and start downloading the bill in .pdf format. Then it takes about another to search it for a word.

by the way, your got sooome BRASS dots there kiddo! Calling ME an idiot! Whoa, I want to party with you cowgirl.

Posted by: fine ahht at February 12, 2009 4:25 AM

“For a further additional amount for ‘Community Development Fund,’ $4,190,000,000, to be used for neighborhood stabilization activities related to emergency assistance for the redevelopment of abandoned and foreclosed homes as authorized under division B, title III of the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008 (Public Law 110–289), of which—

“(1) not less than $3,440,000,000 shall be allocated by a competition for which eligible entities shall be States, units of general local government, and nonprofit entities or consortia of nonprofit entities[.]”

“(2) up to $750,000,000 shall be awarded by competition to nonprofit entities or consortia of nonprofit entities to provide community stabilization assistance […]”

Nonprofit entities. The whole thing is available to non-profits for competition, while $750,000,000 is dedicated to non-profits.

Is it a 4 billion payoff to ACORN? No, but since they are a huge organization, they're bound to get a sizable chunk of that money and the US economy isn't partisan like they are. Not stimulus, shouldn't be in the bill.

Posted by: Cheesecake at February 12, 2009 5:41 AM

That website was actually created by a marketing company that works for the Obama Campaign. (the election campaign never really stops in the eyes of the Obamabots). The people over on Free Republic researched the whole thing.

Posted by: Anonymous at February 12, 2009 6:08 AM

Well fine ahht, the bill is going to become law, so we'll eventually find out how much ACORN will get out of it. Although it will take a while to figure out because the money will be brought in through subsidiary groups and maybe otherwise "laundered" in ways we can't anticipate.

And it won't just be ACORN. With this much pork money flying out the door, I anticipate unprecedented corruption and waste. The stated targets for the money are bad enough, but where it actually ends up will likely be even worse.

The one thing I'm sure of is that I won't be getting any handouts, and I don't expect any tax relief either. I don't want any handouts, but the tax relief would be welcome, but none of it is for people like me - I earn pretty good money (for now) and only buy things I can afford. Man, I'm a chump!

Posted by: forest at February 12, 2009 6:39 AM

I know where that house is which was given to Henrietta, all I can say is, There goes the fuckin' neighborhood!

Posted by: Eric at February 12, 2009 6:49 AM

A fellow Moonbat, the Octopussy Mom, will also have the taxpayers footing the bill to the tune of as much as $1.3 million (not counting all the health problems these kids will have). The state should sue the Moonbat doctor who did the procedure on her and get the money from him; and force her to work for the money by counseling moronic kids on how wrong it was to do what she did.

"LOS ANGELES – A big share of the financial burden of raising Nadya Suleman's 14 children could fall on the shoulders of California's taxpayers, compounding the public furor in a state already billions of dollars in the red.

Even before the 33-year-old single, unemployed mother gave birth to octuplets last month, she had been caring for her six other children with the help of $490 a month in food stamps, plus Social Security disability payments for three of the youngsters. The public aid will almost certainly be increased with the new additions to her family.

Also, the hospital where the octuplets are expected to spend seven to 12 weeks has requested reimbursement from Medi-Cal, the state's Medicaid program, for care of the premature babies, according to the Los Angeles Times. The cost has not been disclosed.
"

Posted by: Name at February 12, 2009 7:14 AM

Dear Pres. 0

Have you sent out my check yet? I kinda need it by this weekend for Valentimes Day. If you haven't sent it yet, could you just front me, like, uh, $500? I'll wait for the rest before I send my mortgage payment. My mortgage company is cool with that since I'm only 2 months behind. Thanks, dude.

Posted by: Pauly at February 12, 2009 7:14 AM

Pauly, didnt you hear? They cut the payment down to $400.

Im suprised the Moonbats arent hopping mad. Last year "Hitler", I mean W., gave them $600 but Obama the cheapskate is only handing out $400.

Im using my $400 to buy another gun and plenty of ammo before they start producing ammo with serial numbers.

Posted by: Name at February 12, 2009 8:33 AM

Henrietta Hughes: Welfare Grifter

Ms. Henrietta, and son Corey, first had a deed recorded on 6/18/01.

On 10/10/03, there was a release of lien recorded as the property was paid off. The original amount of the lien was $124,400.00.

On 08/09/06, Henrietta signed a quit claim deed to her son, Corey Lamant, which would have removed her name from the ownership rolls. Kinda unusual for a woman who was only 58, although she would have to get rid of any real property in order to qualify for heavy duty welfare benefits.

Corey Hughes still owns the property as there has been no transfer of deed recorded. And as of January, the taxes are current so it seems Corey, or Henrietta, have paid the taxes just recently.

The Hughes were in Rochester, NY, where Corey collected free medical benefits in 2004, after the Florida property was totally paid off. Now, let's assume that property lost 1/2 its value; it was still worth $65,000.00 and would exceed the assets limit for welfare.

It seems that Miss Henrietta has been on Medicaid so that means she is probably drawing SSDI as she is too young for standard Social Security.

These two have been bouncing between New York, DeKalb County, Georgia and Ft. Myers, Florida. Bottom line, they seem to be grifters who are using (scamming) the system.

(Thanks to a commenter at Gateway Pundit)

Posted by: V the K at February 12, 2009 9:08 AM

Does fine ahht actually serve a purpose here?

Posted by: Anonymous at February 12, 2009 10:46 AM

person who donated home is married to a republican representative from florida...

Posted by: nancz at February 12, 2009 1:10 PM

a free give away..... this kinda reminds me of the Oprah show.

Posted by: mt at February 12, 2009 1:38 PM

Does fine ahht actually serve a purpose here?
Posted by: Anonymous at February 12, 2009 10:46 AM

He or she is serving a purpose by being a sort of 'real time' moonbat and demonstrating to readers just how bat guano crazy these amoral leftists are.

Other than that, 'fine ahht' is about as useful here as they are in real life.

Like tits on a boar.

Posted by: SK at February 12, 2009 2:26 PM

V the K;
When will that hit the msm?
Or the real newsies,Rush,Sean, Levin,Savage?
I cant wait to hear the newest wheel come off the messiah's bus.
How come we didnt hear about a gift from a republican,Couldnt one of the tax cheats give, I mean they saved all that money?????????

Posted by: czuch at February 12, 2009 4:23 PM

Oh come on! You're all just jealous now that we finally have our own Joe the Plumber (name not Joe, not a plumber, general media circus performing bear for hire). Don't hate.

Posted by: rubi1 at February 12, 2009 8:33 PM