« Countermoonbat Santelli Backed by 93% of CNBC Viewers | Main | Obama Takes Up Truth-Telling »

February 20, 2009

ACORN Thugs Now Breaking Into and Seizing Homes

We are following more closely in the footsteps of Zimbabwe than I thought. ACORN — the radical leftist group best known for its massive voter fraud operations — is now breaking into homes to seize control of them. Crows ACORN's Louis Beverly after goons broke the padlock on a home that had been foreclosed and was being remodeled:

This is our house now.

ACORN proudly asserts that it is engaging in similar criminal acts nationwide.

Without property rights, there are no rights at all. It's a short step from communists seizing a house that belongs to a bank to seizing the one that belongs to you.

Meanwhile, Obama has proclaimed that he will expropriate $75 billion from those of us who pay our bills and play by the rules, to pay the mortgages of those who don't — a superficially civilized way of doing just what ACORN is doing. But he must be familiar with ACORN's more physical tactics, having trained their shock troops.

The Porkulus heist will funnel $billions of our money into ACORN's pockets, ensuring that their thuggery will continue to escalate.

acorn-obama.jpg

On tips from Gregory of Yardale and J. Hat tip: Michelle Malkin.

Posted by Van Helsing at February 20, 2009 10:04 AM

Comments

You'd think whoever put the padlock on the door in the first place would have a vested interest in booting these trespassers off of his or her property. I would suggest something in a caliber that starts with a '4,' personally.

Posted by: cowlove at February 20, 2009 10:12 AM

Time for everybody to get themselves armed!
There'll be more than one dead {REMOVED BY THE MANAGEMENT} if they come here tellin me this ain't my house!

Posted by: Shooter1001 at February 20, 2009 10:19 AM

Wtf?

Posted by: cowlove at February 20, 2009 10:20 AM

Isn't ACORN eligible to receive funds for community stabilization efforts. Several billions I understand. If they want to call it their home then use those funds to pay for it.

Posted by: IOpian at February 20, 2009 10:29 AM

Gotta agree with you, cowlove. If the owner of this property is unable to get law enforcement to evict (and I mean forcibly) these squatters, then he (or she) is well within his or her rights to enter upon the property fully armed, evict these scum of the earth at gunpoint, and brook no opposition therefrom. Bring independent witnesses, in case these well-funded a-holes decide to sue for "mental and emotional distress" later on (it's called "self-defense" in addition to "defense of property" - you'd have to be insane not to go on the property with these s---heads there, heavily armed).

Posted by: jc14 at February 20, 2009 11:07 AM

In civilized states, it's perfectly acceptable to shoot burglars dead.

Posted by: Scaramouche at February 20, 2009 11:28 AM

cowlove: You mean like this? :-)

And the shame of it is that if you shot one of these squatters, they'd throw YOU in jail.

Posted by: CoderInCrisis at February 20, 2009 11:33 AM

Get real JC14;

Do you think for a second that ACORN will send in a few squatters without having a few hundred 'community organizers' around to tear up the entire neighborhood???
A few cops or even a one hundred cops will be overwhelmed.
Its the makings for a riot, just what ACORN wants! Then the media chimes in with all the injustice bullshit. Then the marches, the race whores, Jackson & Sharpton chime in and on and on and on.
Its not about a house, its Bill Ayers in the background doing with a mob of black rabble what he failed to do with bombs. Destroy America.
Were you around in the 60's??

Posted by: Shooter1001 at February 20, 2009 11:37 AM

Dang Coder, I was thinking more along the lines of a Sig p229, but I reckon that will due in a pinch...

Posted by: cowlove at February 20, 2009 11:37 AM

Now you know where Henrietta is getting her free house...

Posted by: TED at February 20, 2009 11:59 AM

cowlove: Well, sure, whatever you've got lying around. I probably couldn't even lift a Wildey, much less shoot one.

Posted by: CoderInCrisis at February 20, 2009 12:01 PM

Sig 229? Nice gun but you don't want to have to do it over again. At least a Colt 1911....

Posted by: TED at February 20, 2009 12:01 PM

See - Colt 1911!

Posted by: TED at February 20, 2009 12:07 PM

Does anyone doubt civil war is coming?

Really though, a Rem 870 is very effective and good for close-quarter work. You won't have a big slug going through the walls of an adjacent house or apartment.

As for ACORN's "community organizers", let's see how tough and brave they are when people start to take exception to their actions backed up with the "Dirty Harry Trinity": Smith & Wesson & me.

Posted by: Montag (matt) at February 20, 2009 12:11 PM

I hear ya Ted. I got the Sig because the only other caliber I had in the house was a 9mm (besides the required shottie of course), and even with hollow-points I'd prefer something heftier.

Not to seem arrogant or anything, but a couple quick pulls with that .40 and who or whatever is on the ground, end of story.

A .45 would be great, but I'm comfortable.

Now if I can just save up enough for that AR-10...

Posted by: cowlove at February 20, 2009 12:18 PM

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth. – George Washinton

Everybody needs to get their teeth ready!

Posted by: Mike B. at February 20, 2009 12:20 PM

Got that right Mike! AR-10 Ooooooooooooooo nice cowlove!

Posted by: TED at February 20, 2009 12:27 PM

You kind of deliberately missed the two parts where:

1) They were doing so on behalf of the (former) owner and

2) The current owner, the bank, didn't even notice it happened until they were told.

Encouraging overreaction by limiting information: A tactic for all sides.

Posted by: Anonymous at February 20, 2009 12:31 PM

My bet is that ACORN or some like-minded group will find a house occupied by 'Henrietta' and her 3 or 4 little kids being foreclosed upon and put out on the street. Then the shit starts! Its for 'social justice'
All the po folks whut got a NINJA (no income, no job, no problem) mortgage and can't pay and need to go back to the projects, will start demonstrating and rioting and now they have one of their own as POTUS, they'll get what they want.

Posted by: Shooter1001 at February 20, 2009 12:31 PM

Anonymous at February 20, 2009 12:31 PM

1.) That part was clear. Apparently you can't make the connection between (former) owner and (current) trespasser.

2.) So what? They're clearly breaking (a padlock) and entering (a home that isn't owned by them). That's still a violent crime in the good ole U.S. of A.

Posted by: cowlove at February 20, 2009 12:41 PM

Anonymous at February 20, 2009 12:31 PM

So it's OK for me to break into someone's house as long as they don't find out about it right away? Really? And the "former" part of the ownership tells you all you need to know. They don't own the house anymore and are now trespassing.

Posted by: CoderInCrisis at February 20, 2009 12:57 PM

These creeps in the White House are over reaching and misinterpreting the significance of their victory. The backlash will be swift, uncompromising, and soon. They are about to get bitch slapped.

Posted by: Mike B. at February 20, 2009 1:00 PM

I think some stimulus money when to them. What the hell do we do when the government starts funding criminal organizations like this?

Posted by: Scaramouche at February 20, 2009 1:30 PM

I note this took place in gun-controlled Baltimore, and as previously noted - to an empty home owned by a bank - so these creeps believe they are "safe".

I doubt they would have the cajones to pull the same stunt in a state like Texas that allows lethal force to protect private property.

Freaks like these ACORN goons are, in actuality, empty-scrotumed cowards.

Posted by: Jimbo at February 20, 2009 1:30 PM

Posted by: Mike B. at February 20, 2009 12:20 PM

You said it, Mike.

We're ready and then some.

Posted by: SK at February 20, 2009 2:31 PM

Cleanup on #2 please - there is no place for racist name calling, if you have a point make it, without resorting to that kind of bullshit.

Posted by: xantl at February 20, 2009 2:47 PM

Why else dose FINK KING OBAMA want to disarm us all so we woulldnt be able to stop his ACORN BROWNSHIRTS from beat you us and taking away your home WE REALY NEED WHAT FLORIDA HAS A CASTLE DOCTRINE which sates that if your home is invaded you can use deadly force to stop the invaders to your castle

Posted by: SPURWING PLOVER at February 20, 2009 3:09 PM

Mike B - I hope you are right, but it is not happening in England. But hey, look at the bright side - maybe the "octomom" can call Acorn and get herself a free mansion!

Posted by: puffdaddy at February 20, 2009 3:13 PM

Ditto on the Rem 870. Overpenetration is a liability. AND OJ got in trouble for trying to retake what was formerly his, why shouldn't these goons?

Posted by: Sage at February 20, 2009 4:16 PM

and another thing: there's a HUGE difference between acts of civil disobedience and acts that are felonies!

Posted by: Sage at February 20, 2009 4:18 PM

VH, please delete Shooter's (once again) racist bull he posted. There's no place for his junk on this site.

Posted by: Anonymous at February 20, 2009 4:23 PM

puffdaddy,

As you know, England and the U.S. are significantly different in culture and the number of firearms in the hands of citizens.

That Octomom is about one messed up bitch, isn't she?

SK- Fuckin'A

Posted by: Mike B. at February 20, 2009 4:30 PM

You know, it's a hard thing to be the first one to go out and start a revolution. But all we need is the tinder...a small group that says "enough". I'm not talking about vigilante-ism or picking on ethnic groups or the like.

I mean a true revolt by people who love the constitution and feel the government has been hijacked by (lets finally say the word) Communists. If something like that gets even a slight foothold, I think there will be a HUGE number of people who join in and say "Let's Roll".

Oh yes, Obamanations...be afraid. Be very afraid. You've started an avalanche of righteous indignation the likes of which you cannot yet comprehend.

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another..."

Posted by: Montag (matt) at February 20, 2009 5:11 PM

ACORN and their Liberal backers is as much saying that former owners have all rights and current owners have NONE.

I favor an old Colt .380, I can hit the standard NRA target at 20 yards with it! If I need anything bigger, I'll use my M1 Garand.

Posted by: KHarn at February 20, 2009 5:56 PM

Let us not forget the liberals and ACORNS complicity in our current financial crisis.

Posted by: SK at February 20, 2009 6:20 PM

Mike, Ugh I know...but with a PC stranglehold on us, I wonder how long it will take to become another England. Maybe because I live on the east coast, I meet a lot of people who think what's going on ("CHANGE!") is great and are willing to be bulldozed by it. I hope you're right, though, because I have a little one and I would actually like to have an America for him to grow up in.
XX

Posted by: puffdaddy at February 20, 2009 6:47 PM

Kharn,
You've got an M-1, I love it.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at February 20, 2009 6:47 PM

+1 on the P229 9, but only with Corbon high vel 115 gr JHP. Life is too short for do-overs.

Posted by: mega at February 20, 2009 6:50 PM

Join the National Rifle Assn. Go to NumbersUSA, Fair, Heritage House. They are all fighting for our freedom.
We all need a meeting place in each town. We need to send mail to every small town Mayor, to all firemen, policemen and all of our men and women in the armed services and let them know about the New World Order.Ask them what they think their role will be. This is why all this has been done. Make them hungry and they won't ask for freedom. They will just say feed me.

Posted by: Myke at February 20, 2009 7:00 PM

40 % of the homes in default were sold to illegals and welfarers. So we are now buying them their house that they couldn't afford.

Posted by: Myke at February 20, 2009 7:02 PM

Shooter: While I don't necessarily disagree with your evaluation of the situation, failure to act to recover one's private property means the race-whores (Sharpton, Jackson, et al.) win. Hate to say that, but it's true.

Of course Ayers and others will protest, that's what they do for a living (when they're not indoctrinating our children with their Marxist bullcrap). I don't know -- I'm getting much more impatient as I get older (oh, yeah -- I lived through the 60's my friend!), but I'm sick and tired of all this "agitation" BS, and I know it's only going to get worse, at least for the next three years and eleven months, and we can get the Number 1 race-whore out of office and back on the streets of Chicago where he truly belongs.

Good luck to us all!

Posted by: jc14 at February 20, 2009 9:37 PM

This is the typical liberal modus operandi. Find something that someone else has taken a great deal of time and effort to build, move in and claim it for your own. This is how they got into our universities, Hollywood, and now our Government.

Posted by: James McEnanly at February 20, 2009 10:32 PM

Seems to me that the lines are being drawn. That POS, Holder, has made it pretty clear where those lines are. I'm just sick and f'n tired of 50 years of endless politically correct racial bullshit and indoctrination. Their hand will always be out wanting more and more and more.
Tune in to PBS sometime! Half of their shows are black-oriented. I'm paying for this crap. Last night I saw the indoctrination in favor of 'slavery reparations'. Getting the people ready for it. Making it acceptable for when the left makes reparations a salient issue.
Will 'the Fairness Doctrine' cover NPR and PBS? Not bloody likely!
To those who are offended by my use of the word 'n*gg*r' let's substitute Obama's word. MUTT. In fact, I have to agree with Obama's use of it. It goes well beyond his intended limited meaning however, but perhaps the self-proclaimed 'mutt' should choose his words more wisely.

Posted by: Shooter1001 at February 21, 2009 6:55 AM

What I think is funny: Somehow you think gun ownership would have prevented this, when the house in question was foreclosed and in bank ownership. I don't think any country forbids banks to have guns, and short of banks hiring armed men to sit in each of the foreclosed homes they own (and thus throw good money after bad) this couldn't have been prevented with guns. What are you guys going to do, start staking out foreclosed homes? But then, you don't own them either, do you?

I have no sympathy for the bank in this situation. This homeowner was set up to fail; the bank could have kept the payment down and continued collecting money off this person. Instead, they jack up the payment and take the property. This is a good business move if you do it once; if you do it to tens of thousands of people to the point where the property you seize becomes worthless, it is very very bad business. I don't favor banks acting like loan sharks, and I'm not impressed that they're influential enough to have the police acting as their enforcers. Enforcing property rights is one thing, sanctioning mindless and self-destructive greed is another.

Posted by: Anonymous at February 21, 2009 7:36 AM

Yes, we have actually gotten to the point where the leftists are actually defending people stealing other people's property in the name of 'social justice.'

The bank did not set up this deadbeat to fail. She failed by taking out a mortgage she couldn't afford. And why didn't ACORN just financially assist her with the mortgage? $300 a month is nothing to an organization that rakes in millions from shakedowns and government subsidies. "Sanctioning mindless and self-destructive greed" is exactly what outfits like ACORN, aided and abetted by the likes of Bawney Fwank have been doing; telling people they are entitled to homes they can't afford.

This concept of 'predatory lending' is the height of leftist idiocy. As though banks have this genius plan to make profits by loaning money that won't get paid back.

Posted by: Gregory of Yardale at February 21, 2009 7:49 AM

Right on, Gregory! You nailed it. Acorn is nothing but a bunch of bolsheviks and brown shirts, strong arming their way toward 'the right of home ownership'.

Check the following article from the New York Times and note the date and the comments on the 'pressure from from the Clinton Administration' to make more of these loans.

Posted by: Mike B. at February 21, 2009 11:00 AM

'ACORN Brownshirts Seize Homes Across the Country'

I wish I could pick lottery tickets as easily as I can tell you what these MUTTS plan on doing!

Its going to get very violent and they have the power now. Think about it.

Posted by: Shooter1001 at February 21, 2009 3:40 PM

Everyone can feel it happening...lines are being drawn and there is some type of revolt on the horizon. Never thought I would see it in my lifetime...when they come to get my guns they better bring alot of extra help.

Posted by: Aaron at February 21, 2009 10:36 PM

Buy Gold. Buy Guns.

Posted by: Lesthanzero at February 22, 2009 8:18 AM

There aren't enough of them to come take all of the guns. The strategy will be one of voluntary surrender at firts, banking on the law abiding among us to abide by laws. The remaining 20% of us who understand what is at stake will be ratted out one at a time through anonymous tips, rewards for information, and lastly, through the schools. I know this sounds ridiculous, but its been done before. There is nothing new here.

Posted by: Mike B. at February 22, 2009 5:06 PM

Thank god that you guys are out there.....I'm getting old, but I can still shoot.

Posted by: John at February 22, 2009 9:42 PM