« Pat Condell on Dutch Dhimmitude | Main | Barack Herod Obama in a Pro-Life Commercial »

January 26, 2009

Fannie-Freddie Timeline

For anyone unaware of who we have to thank for the current financial mess — and who tried to prevent it:

On a tip from Al C.

Posted by Van Helsing at January 26, 2009 8:48 PM

Comments

This clip should open or close every episode of Hanniy,O'Reilly,etc. The sound track played on all conservative talk shows daily until that bastard Frank is pulled out of office. Also, Schumer, Dodd et al.

Posted by: JohnC. at January 26, 2009 9:10 PM

I'll go further than that JohnC. They should be pulled out of office, tarred and feathered, and then ridden out of the country on a rail. These people aren't just bad congressmen, they are complete scum. They know what they've done and yet they act without any honor or truth whatsoever.

Posted by: Kevin R at January 26, 2009 9:26 PM

Iceland's government topples amid financial mess:

The Democrats destroyed our economy to get a socialist elected - if they don't get it fixed we should see them hanging from trees all around the world!

(If this clip isn't enough I have plenty more proving it...)

Posted by: TED at January 26, 2009 9:27 PM

Do you have anything from a more neutral source? Say, another country? Even when I agree with Fox I don't necessarily trust their impartiality

Posted by: Anonymous at January 26, 2009 10:05 PM

To ANGER a Conservative tell him a lie, To ANGER a liberal tell him the TRUTH.

NOW SOME TRUTH!WHO DISTROYED THE ECONOMY?

Dobbs Blames Crash on Obama's ACORN

www.youtube.com/v/OmoVp0FcCnI&hl=en&fs=1

What Just Happened? Dems behind fallout

www.youtube.com/v/exxVZTKq1vA&hl=en&fs=1

DEMOCRATS CONNECTION WITH FANNY MAY ETC.

www.youtube.com/v/usvG-s_Ssb0&hl=en&fs=1

Burning Down The House: What Caused Our Economic Crisis?

www.youtube.com/v/NU6fuFrdCJY&hl=en&fs=1

Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae

www.youtube.com/v/_MGT_cSi7Rs&hl=en&fs=1

What Just Happened? Dems behind fallout.

www.youtube.com/v/exxVZTKq1vA&hl=en&fs=1

Follow the Money: How Fannie Mae Bought the Democrat Party

www.youtube.com/v/9nU3fNh-PRk&hl=en&fs=1

Explosive Audio Unearthed: After the Sub Prime Crisis already started in 2007 Obama says Sub Prime Mortgages that gave houses to people WHO COULDN'T AFFORD THEM was a GOOD IDEA!!

www.youtube.com/v/FewmvkaTXHU&hl=en&fs=1

EVIDENCE FOUND!!! Clinton administration's "BANK AFFIRMATIVE ACTION" They forced banks to make BAD LOANS and ACORN and Obama's tie to all of it!!!

www.youtube.com/v/ivmL-lXNy64&hl=en&fs=1

"Sweetheart Deal"

Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Dems of financial mess

Walking back Fannie Mae's cat

In 1997 President Clinton's HUD secretary, a man named Andrew Cuomo, claimed Fannie Mae had exhibited "racial discrimination" and proposed that 50 percent of the GSEs' (Fannie and Freddie) loan portfolio be made up of loans to low- and moderate-income borrowers by 2001. Of the steps he took Wayne Barrett at the Village Voice observed: Continue

Still wondering...

"Where is the Congressional Investigation?"

- Me. Just now.

Anyone wondering why there hasn't been an investigation of Fannie Mae's collapse? You know, the one that took out AIG and Lehman? And helped collapse the financial system? And then touched off our current global recession?

Could it be because of THIS?

Or THIS?

Or THIS?

And let's just pray that Jamie Gorelick is named to lead the commission investigating this mess. There's no conflict of interest! Kinda like when she was a 9/11 Commissioner.

Posted by: TED at January 26, 2009 10:19 PM

Of course you don't "Anonymous", I have posted it and it will show when the site releases it...

Posted by: TED at January 26, 2009 10:26 PM

Do you have anything from a more neutral source?

Posted by: Anonymous at January 26, 2009 10:05 PM

WHAT??? Hearing the words directly from Frank & Scummer's mouths and you question it??? WTF? You think their voices are dubbed???

You DSB - tell us you aren't in denial.

Posted by: Jimbo at January 26, 2009 10:44 PM

A new slogan to sell the stimulus bill. BEND OVER FOR BARNEY

Posted by: claw at January 26, 2009 10:48 PM

Was that enough for you "Anonymous"? I noticed you haven't made a comment since...

Posted by: TED at January 27, 2009 9:10 AM

Haven't had a chance to review.

Thanks for the input.

Posted by: Anonymous at January 27, 2009 12:00 PM

When solid evidence can be ignored and a partisan instead clings to hope rather than factual information... there is a serious lack of critical thinking involved.

It is a historical fact that the statements of Democrats like Barney Frank, Charles Schumer, Melvin Watt, Gregory Meeks, Lacy Clay Jr., etc... all praised the GSEs while blocking any effort to reform the regulation of them before it was too late.

In Barney Frank's words:

"...I think we see entities that are fundamentally sound financially and withstand some of the disaster scenarios and even if there were a problem the federal government doesnt bail them out..."

Fast forward to 2008 and the huge bailout endorsed by the one and only Barney Frank. Only partisan politics protecting the memory hole with the tactics displayed by Anon can keep Mr. Frank as the Chairman of the House Financial Services Committee. Meanwhile Obama took over $100,000 dollars from the GSEs as they slide into crisis.

Posted by: Freedom Now at January 27, 2009 5:11 PM

"The difference between me and a lot of people is that I'm willing to listen to good evidence. If you guys can reverse what I thought I knew then I'm only to happy to let you."

Soooooooo "Anonymous", cutting through your self approval, by your SILENCE can I assume you have reversed what you thought? Can't say it? Won't say it? Or know if you say you haven't I'm going to accuse you of NOT being here to debate just troll!? There is MORE than enough evidence to PROVE the Dems have destroyed or economy.

Posted by: TED at January 27, 2009 7:08 PM

I'm back!

Ok, 90% of that was from Fox News, and thus didn't fulfill the "neutral" part I asked for, but I think I got a pretty good picture.

Democratic actions were definitely the root and seed of this problem. I remember the George Bush wanted to create an "ownership society" so I mistakenly traced responsibility back to him. My mistake.

I can see the good intentions in the CRA; there is a lot of racism in the banking industry, and redressing it is not inherently a bad thing. The two bad things that happened was the pressure to radically expand the program and the failure of oversight. The sources make it clear those were Democratic mistakes.

However, I would still put a lot of the blame on profiteering and house-flipping. I'm also skeptical that banks really needed to push interest rates as high as they did. I also put a lot of blame on the idiots who took out these loans; even when I was young and first became aware of variable rate loans I knew they were a bad idea.

So, as much blame as I put on Republicans, I'm now putting on the Dems. Greed and stupidity still top my list.

Still, that's not a bad result for the internet. You should be proud.

Posted by: Anonymous at January 27, 2009 9:07 PM

SKINNY AND FATTY WENT TO BED,FATTY ROLLED OVER AND SKINNY WAS DEAD

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at January 27, 2009 10:41 PM

Uh, Spurwing Plover, you have a little, on the side of your mouth... could you just dab that... you know what, never mind.

Posted by: Anonymous at January 27, 2009 11:03 PM

"Anonymous", being FOX or not is just your FDS! The words and evidence is coming out of THEIR mouths! Trying to spread the blame to the Republicans is just YOUR wishful thinking!! So, I get to say it - YOU ARE NOT HERE FOR DEBATE - You're just another liberal sheep TROLL!!

Posted by: TED at January 28, 2009 5:48 PM