« What Matters to Moonbats | Main | Muslim With Terror Ties to Participate in Moonbat Messiah's Ascension »

January 19, 2009

Community Organizer in Chief for Life?

If there's one thing tyrants dislike almost as much as private ownership of firearms, it's term limits. This is why the socialist thug Hugo Chavez is trying to do away with them in Venezuela — and why liberals want to do the same here on behalf of the Moonbat Messiah.

A repeal of the 22nd Amendment has already been introduced in the House. This would allow The One to hold power indefinitely.

The bill is sponsored by Jose Serrano (D-NY), who uncoincidentally has been outspoken in his support of the anti-American demagogue Chavez. He is a flaming moonbat who openly advocates surrender to terrorists and opposes even the most commonsense measures to make it less convenient for them to carry out 9/11-style attacks.

Now that left-wing fanatics like Serrano are closing their fists on the reins of power, they will do whatever we let them get away with to keep from ever having to let go.

hugo-chavez_jose-serrano.jpg

On tips from nanc, Kathleen, and Raptorman.

Posted by Van Helsing at January 19, 2009 10:11 AM

Comments

That guy in the white shirt kind of reminds me of the soup Nazi.

Posted by: scaramouche at January 19, 2009 10:49 AM

Serrano looks like he's literally about to suck up to Chavez.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at January 19, 2009 11:04 AM

"NO FREEDOM FOR YOU!"

Posted by: cbischof at January 19, 2009 11:05 AM

Serrano looks like he's litterally about to suck Chavez.

There - fixed it for you Jay.

Posted by: Oiao at January 19, 2009 11:08 AM

Another moonbat from my great State of New York! I'm so ashamed. At least he's not my district. We have a republican for ours.

Anyway, this movement will not gain traction. When are people going to get it through their skulls that The One did not get 100% of the votes?

Posted by: Karin at January 19, 2009 11:18 AM

Apologies for the vulgarity.

Posted by: Oiao at January 19, 2009 11:21 AM

ITS THE GRUSOME TWOSOME of south america I CAN SMELL THE SULPHER FROM HERE EEUUUWWW

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at January 19, 2009 12:36 PM

"Karin at January 19, 2009 11:18 AM"

It only has to be ratified by three thirds of the ststes to become law. Constitutional ammendments don't go by a general vote.

Posted by: KHarn at January 19, 2009 2:23 PM

You mean 2/3, right? Well, that's 33 states. An awful lot. I mean, most people are fatigued from one guy after 8 years, no matter what aisle you're on. I really do think cooler heads will prevail on this issue.

Posted by: Karin at January 19, 2009 2:49 PM

This is interesting.

The 2nd Amendment was clearly put into place by the Founders for the purpose of protecting us from our own government should it become tyranical.

This is a conversation no one wants to have, but I have asked before what is the indicator that it is time to put the 2nd Amendment to use, and take back our government.

One indication I suggested, was the effort to eliminate term limits...

Posted by: Jaeson at January 19, 2009 3:23 PM

I think this is one of those things that bears watching closely. It feels "sneaky" to me. There's been little news about this attempt - is that only because no one is taking it seriously or...?

Posted by: Kathleen at January 19, 2009 4:11 PM

Apologies for the vulgarity.

Nah, my fault, Oiao. I took the lid off that trash can. But in honesty, that was my first reaction to that photo.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at January 19, 2009 5:41 PM

Jay - but it was just too tempting, and I raised the "lid" just a little too high.

It's kind of like when you see tangos down range, and, what the heck, a couple of more dozen rounds won't be unprudent........... Just can't help it some times.

Posted by: Oiao at January 19, 2009 7:32 PM

I'm surprised to see this from Serrano, who is typically a center Democratic and not a nut liberal, in comparison to the two other representatives of Puerto Rican descent - Nydia Velazquez (NY) and Luis Guitierrez (IL). Serrano has typically been the voice of reason when these two other nutjobs open their mouth on most any issue.

Posted by: Pete at January 19, 2009 8:15 PM

"I'm surprised to see this from Serrano, who is typically a center Democratic and not a nut liberal..."
I've seen a lot of people who were "center dems" swing portside in the last few months. Even the Hillary democrats who didn't trust Obama and swore not to support him have suddenly shifted and gotten behind him, if just for the sake of being counted as part of the opposition to GWB. This time around, there doesn't appear to be many true centrist dems visible. I think they're too afraid of being ostracized for not doing the popular thing. Kinda like highschool kids. Sad. People need to have some guts and conviction. Disagreeing doesn't (always) make you wrong, folks.

Posted by: Murff at January 20, 2009 5:02 AM

I hear you Murff. If anything I'm also seeing a huge bandwagon jumping on (gasp) the marketing mayhem if only to make a buck. Its crazy. Pepsi apparently has sold out from what I can see. The guys in corporate must be going "hey how can we make a buck off this HOPE and CHANGE crap?".

oh well, at least its capitalism.

Posted by: Pete at January 20, 2009 5:27 AM