« Moonbats: Christmas Causes Global Warming | Main | Open Thread »

December 26, 2008

2008 MRC Awards

The Media Research Center offers a collection of 2008 lowlights from the moonbat media. MSNBC Obamunist Chris "Tweety" Matthews wins "Quote of the Year" for his on-air description of the sensation that overcomes him when he listens to Obama peddling the vacuous pabulum that covers his lunatic left agenda:

I felt this thrill going up my leg!

Other award-winning quotes:

The Obamagasm Award
"Some princes are born in palaces. Some are born in mangers. But a few are born in the imagination, out of scraps of history and hope." — Time's Nancy Gibbs in the November 17 cover story.
The Irrelevant Reverend Wright Award
"To see his [Jeremiah Wright's] career completely destroyed by three 20-second soundbites, all of the work he has done, his entire legacy gone down the drain, has been absolutely devastating to me — to him, sorry…We are still a racist country." —Washington Post writer Sally Quinn on PBS's Charlie Rose, April 30.
Politics of Meaninglessness Award for the Silliest Analysis
"Not doing it [fighting global warming] will be catastrophic. We'll be eight degrees hotter in ten, not ten but 30 or 40 years, and basically none of the crops will grow. Most of the people will have died and the rest of us will be cannibals." — CNN founder Ted Turner on PBS's Charlie Rose, April 1.
Madness of King George Award
"When somebody asks you, sir, about the cooked books and faked threats you foisted on a sincere and frightened nation; when somebody asks you, sir, about your gallant, noble, self-abnegating sacrifice of your golf game so as to soothe the families of the war dead; this advice, Mr. Bush: Shut the hell up! Good night and good luck." — MSNBC's Keith Olbermann in a "Special Comment" on Countdown, May 14.
Barbra Streisand Political IQ Award for Celebrity Vapidity
"If you have a few hundred followers, and you let some of them molest children, they call you a cult leader. If you have a billion, they call you 'Pope.' It's like, if you can't pay your mortgage, you're a deadbeat. But if you can't pay a million mortgages, you're Bear Stearns and we bail you out. And that is who the Catholic Church is: the Bear Stearns of organized pedophilia." — Bill Maher on HBO's Real Time, April 11.

If current trends continue, MRC will have an even bigger job sorting through the mountains of media moonbattery for their awards in 2009.

Chris Matthews
Tweety wins top dishonors for his slobbering devotion to moonbattery.

On a tip from nanc.

Posted by Van Helsing at December 26, 2008 3:22 PM

Comments

Thought the Obamagasm award should've gone to Chris Matthews:

"I have to tell you, you know, it’s part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama’s speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don’t have that too often."

Feel free to hurl at will.

Posted by: fellowes at December 26, 2008 6:34 PM

THE BARACK OBAMA BOOTLICKING AWARD,THE GLOBAL WARMING HOT AIR AWARD

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at December 26, 2008 7:06 PM

The Head Up Obama's Ass Award, for sure, to Chris "May I Have Another, Sir?" Matthews.

Indeed, 2009 promises to be a veritable collective MSM orgasm of pure, unadulterated with the facts, crap-fest. Lord help us all . . .

Posted by: jc14 at December 26, 2008 7:16 PM

If these comments happened in comicbooks, they would be classed as "WTF?" moments. But they happened in real life, so we can only stare in wonder at the insanity (inanity?) of Liberals.

I told you Libs before; we don't HATE you, we just don't UNDERSTAND you!

Posted by: KHarn at December 26, 2008 7:22 PM

Maybe we should have our own contest and vote on the best troll quote of 2008. Shana of the multiple personalities... quoting Keith Olbermann then denying she had ever heard of him while pretending to be a British soldier... is probably my favorite.

Posted by: V the K at December 26, 2008 9:23 PM

No way V the K. It's got to be Dino. Man, he made me laugh so hard I sh*ted myself.

Posted by: Big_Daddy at December 26, 2008 10:35 PM

I think this one at least deserved an honorable mention...

Matthews: My Job Is To Make Obama Presidency a Success

Posted by: Mike at December 26, 2008 11:06 PM

VtheK, that's a good idea. My vote would be for Kevin or Keith or whoever at Sufficient Scruples, whose blog is so enthusiastically pro-abortion, you have to wonder what he's up to. As if anyone is sleeping with him.

For the MRC list, I think the most offensive is Nancy Gibb's. The ref's to princes and mangers is so out of here, whenever I see it, I'm so offended, I feel oppressed, disenfranchised, repressed, emotionally traumatized, and degraded by hate-speech. Isn't there a government program for that?

Posted by: Karin at December 27, 2008 3:05 AM

It was when he said "I eat vile pieces of sh1t like you for breakfast," wasn't it?

Posted by: V the K at December 27, 2008 5:30 AM

V, I think Dino could definitely win for any of the numerous masturbatory revenge fantasies he posted of Obama abusing his power to commit mass persecution and genocide against conservatives.

Posted by: Adam at December 27, 2008 7:34 AM

Posted by: V the K at December 27, 2008 5:30 AM

I think that was the ONLY time we agreed with Dino.

Posted by: Anonymous at December 27, 2008 8:31 AM

There's also Fez, the leftist Puritan whose panties wad up every Thursday when I post cheesecake on my own blog.

Posted by: V the K at December 27, 2008 8:46 AM

The OFFEND OUR WW II VETS AWARD FOR ECO-FREAKS AWARD to TIME for showing the IWO JIMA memeorial replacing the flag with a silly tree SCREW TIME BOYCOTT TIME MAGAZINE

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at December 27, 2008 8:48 AM

Thank you for reminding me yet again of why I canceled Time some years ago, after subscribing for 25 years.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at December 27, 2008 10:16 AM

This is OFFENSIVE! Tweety is a bird of sense, insight, and discretion. Tweety is NOT a moonbat!

Posted by: John Lewis at December 27, 2008 1:13 PM

Boy it realy ruffles my feathers when some doofus stick a ugly human head on abird DONT EVER DO THAT EVER OR ,LL BECOME ENRAGED SQUAWK SQUAWK SQUAWK

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at December 27, 2008 11:51 PM

I think that for pure moonbattery, you can't beat Ted Turner's cannibal prediction.

Posted by: Karin at December 29, 2008 6:55 AM