« Schoolteacher Browbeats Little Girl for Supporting McCain | Main | Spooky »

November 6, 2008

Homosexuals Become Unruly Over California's Prop 8

Maybe there's hope for California after all. Whatever the courts may decree, the people have again spoken against the obscene travesty known as gay marriage by decisively passing Proposition 8 to ban it.

The reaction from the homosexual community was what you might expect:

Seven people were arrested Thursday during ongoing protests in Los Angeles and San Francisco against California's passage of a ban on gay marriage. … Demonstrators marched Wednesday night through West Hollywood, Hollywood and Santa Monica. Several stopped at busy intersections and blocked traffic, prompting police intervention.
An additional group of about 500 protesters gathered near CNN's Los Angeles bureau, where they were seen banging on the doors and walls.
The demonstrations caused the Los Angeles Police Department to declare a tactical alert — one requiring all available officers, including some from other precincts, to respond.
Television cameras showed one protester jumping on top of a police car at the intersection of Hollywood and Highland avenues.

The homosexuals needn't have thrown their tantrum:

City attorneys of Los Angeles and San Francisco, along with the American Civil Liberties Union, filed requests for the state Supreme Court to overturn the gay marriage ban on Wednesday.

No doubt activist judges will as usual put the radical left agenda ahead of the law. When they do, you won't see proponents of the sanctity of marriage tying up the police by behaving like animals.

On a tip from Matt L.

Posted by Van Helsing at November 6, 2008 8:38 PM

Comments

But... But... But...

Liberals believe in DEMOCRACY! They said it over and over and over and over again after the elections of 1999 and 2003 when they "felt" the elections were stolen.

You don't think liberals only believe in democracy when it benefits them personally, do you? Say it ain't so, Joe (Biden)!

That would make them low-life scum-sucking hypocrites! That just CAN’T be true! They love peace, diversity, tolerance, and The Punk who preaches love peace, diversity, and tolerance.

There must be some mistake.

What say you libTrolls? How could this possibly happen?

Posted by: Jimbo at November 6, 2008 9:00 PM

someone should have distracted them with free hotdogs.

Posted by: xantl at November 6, 2008 10:09 PM

Bunch of spoiled brats they cant take losing and as usial LOUSIE ANGELES,SAN FRANSISKO and the ATHEIST.COMMUNISTS and LAWYERS.UNDERGOUND cant ever ecept the will of the people just your typical socialists scumballs

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at November 6, 2008 10:14 PM

So, string up those city attorneys. 3-7-77

Posted by: Glenn M. Cassel AMH1(AW) USN RET at November 7, 2008 3:07 AM

I think that accepting Gay Marriages would be the right thing to do, because

A) I think that whatever small number of Gays wish to live monogamously should have legal protection from those that do not, but lie.

and

B) I fail to see what Gays could possibly do to marriage as an institution that has not already been done by "No Fault" divorce and 75 years of Hollywood matings.

Nevertheless, Gays need to realize that this kind of behavior is why people oppose Gay marriage in the first place. The public image of Gays is a bunch of spoiled brats with bad taste and low impulse control. The kind of idiots who wear kinky sex costumes on the street, and then bleat about their sex life being private and therefore nobody's business but their own.

In an ideal world, Gays would be allowed to marry, but "no Fault" divorce would be thrown out as an obvious failure. What that would do to the DEMAND for Gay marriages, I do not know (though I can guess). In the meanwhile somebody needs to explain to the Gays that ordinary people resent being pushed around by their "betters", and that playing "shock the squares' may be fun, but it is also massively counterproductive.

Posted by: C. S. P. Schofield at November 7, 2008 6:23 AM

marie antoinanc:

"oui! let them eat EACH OTHER!"

Posted by: nanc at November 7, 2008 6:40 AM

C.S.P:
If you believe that, then you've been mislead - the ability for gays to marry isn't about equality, nor about "loving couples" it is about using the court system to force homosexuality into society and ensure that it is disseminated as "normal" to children. By abusing the liberal court system the homosexual agenda can force individuals and businesses to accept it or face penalties:
Father arrested for objecting to his kindergarten age child being indoctrinated with homosexual books, was told the school system has no obligation to allow parents to 'opt-out'
School principal makes it clear that "day of silence" will be observed by teachers and staff, homosexuals will be allowed to hand out pamphlets, stickers, and other materials - no other opinions will be allowed, including religious.
What same-sex "marriage" has done to Massachusetts included are effects on businesses.

I used to support civil unions, however seeing how the agenda is to teach it in schools as if it is normal, and the inability for me to opt-out of it being taught to my children and it being forced down my throat by militants and the court system I've reconsidered my support.

Posted by: xantl at November 7, 2008 7:08 AM

I'm sure that there are activist members of the Political Left who intend to use Gay Marriage to break down societal norms, and that they are the ones loudest in cheering activist Liberal judges shoving Gay Marriage down our collective throats. I don't think that invalidates the basic fairness of allowing Gays to marry. And just think how OUTRAGED those activists would be if we somehow managed to link Gay Marriage to repealing "No Fault" divorce!

There should be a position between "Gays are all perverts and are going to hell" and "Gays are absolutely no different from the rest of us". Such as "Gays are different, but OK, like the people down the block who wear funny clothes and go to a different church, but turned up with a casserole when Mrs. Tailor's husband died."

There is a difference between the activists and the ordinary Gays. The former are swine. The latter are mostly nice people who are being pushed around almost as much as we are. Not all of the Left are Moonbats, but the Moonbats have done such a good job of taking over all the public faces of the Left that it's sometimes hard to remember.

Posted by: C. S. P. Schofield at November 7, 2008 7:35 AM

The gay marriage ban is a constitutional amendment. California Supreme Court can't do a damn thing about it.

Posted by: Naqamel at November 7, 2008 7:38 AM

Good for California. Its about time they showed some values.

Posted by: Jwa at November 7, 2008 7:45 AM

C.S.P: As I said, I originally supported civil unions. however since the loudest majority are involved in militant organizations, and use their positions of power (NEA|Government) to further push their agenda into the school systems, and into businesses I can no longer in good conscience support it.

Posted by: xantl at November 7, 2008 7:51 AM

xanti,

I guess that's the point I've been making to my Gay friends; you hang with nuts, people start turning against you. In fact, when I think about it, it's a point that needs to be made to a lot of other Left factions. I'm pro-legal abortions for adults; I think the Pro-Choice people are insane for their extremism. I would be a Feminist, if the deranged witches who hijacked feminism had left anything un-poisoned.

I'm not ANGRY that California (or anywhere else) passed an anti-Gay marriage amendment. I think that,eventually, society will regret it. Eventually. In the meanwhile, the Gays need to understand that this is the consequence of thinking "We're a minority, but we know better and we're right. It doesn't matter what the majority thinks." in a democracy.

Posted by: C. S. P. Schofield at November 7, 2008 8:39 AM

What's next... Discrimination against someone marring there son or daughter? Hell... maybe even there dog? It's a good thing this was stopped now. Hopefully it stays this way. It's not about equal rights. They have civil unions and stuff. It's about the "Definition" of marriage. It's goes deeper than what most people think about.

Posted by: Fiend at November 7, 2008 9:58 AM

CSP, think about this: California, one of the bluest of blue states...we have San Fran and W. Hollywood for God's sake...voted AGAINST gay marriage. (By the way, what's with you capitalizing "Gay"? It's not a proper name, and as of yet they haven't been deified.)

Gays hated marriage until it became a political weapon, so let's not kid around. There is no "right" to marry, homosexuality is a perversion (in the strict sense of the word), state sanctioning of it would be corrupting to society...on and on. Even ultra-lib California gets it.

Posted by: matt at November 7, 2008 10:31 AM

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.

Seriously, who cares if men kiss? I am from Massachusetts. We legalized gay marriage a few years back. It has had absolutely zero impact on the cultural fabric of our state. Marraige rates and divorce rates have not changed what so ever as a result. Church officials have not been forced to marry gay couples. Our children have not all spontaneously become drag queens. No one has attempted to marry a dog or a turtle. We have not changed our state anthem to be sung to the tune of ABBA's "Dancing Queen." God has not brought neither flood nor famine upon us. What the heck are people so afraid of? The only thing I can figure is they are afraid of their own sexual leanings.

I understand not CARING about gay issues, but anyone who gets really worked up (like on this website) I can only assume has latent sexual urgings of their own that they are guilt ridden about. Look at two of homosexuality's biggest condemners...Tedd Haggard and Larry Craig. Both gay as the day is long.

Sorry you blew some guy in high school and can't live with the guilt, but seriously, get over yourself.

Posted by: Susie Q at November 7, 2008 1:23 PM

TO the quote

Um...yeah, this was LITERALLY the EXACT same argument used against interracial marriage. Check out old literature on the subject. The EXACT SAME ARGUMENT. "If we let blacks and whites marry, what's next, marrying a dog or your daughter.' This was also the argument used for keeping the votes away from women "If we let women vote, next they'll want dogs to vote, or children"

It didn't work then and it won't work now. IT will be a long time before gays can marry...women suffragests actively campaigned for over a hundred years before they got the vote. They were just as reviled, told they were acting against God, against nature. LIterally every argument you people use against gays was used against women and blacks when they wanted equal rights. And of course back then you said the same thing "It's not about equal rights..." But it always was.

Suppression of rights historically has never EVER prevailed. The side fighting for their rights has always won, even if it took a long time to get there.

And then in history, your kind will be regarded in the same way we regard segregationists now. Bigots. That's your historical legacy. I'm sure you guys were against civil rights for blacks if you were alive then, or would have been WERE you alive then. It didn't work. It won't work this time. People will look at countries like Holland and states like Massachusetts as time goes on, and when NONE of your apocalyptic fortune telling about the dissolution of straight culture happens, then gay marriage will be pushed forward.

Enjoy your time in the sun now, guys. Tick tock.

Posted by: Susie Q at November 7, 2008 1:37 PM

* and then when it does, all you closet gays who are so OBVIOUSLY obsessed with the issue because you're suppressing your own nature will finally be free enough to come out of the closet. And you'll be glad you did!

Posted by: Susie Q at November 7, 2008 1:42 PM

In the Democrats amazing grass-roots effort to get out the vote especially amongst minority voters it now seems their efforts may very well have been exactly what passed Prop 8. Equally ironic is that the homosexual community overwhelmingly supports Obama and other Democrats during this election cycle. Hmmmmm and they all think its the white Christian right holding them back!!!!

Posted by: Kelley P at November 7, 2008 2:09 PM

One last thing....

THis website seems really big on judging Obama based on people who like him. For instance if someone from Hamas likes Obama, that means we should judge Obama based on Hamas liking him.

Well you know who also persecuted gay people? Nazis. You know who supported John McCain? White supremacists (although I will give you not all of them do due to his immigration stance, but many prominantly did). So by YOUR logic:

All of you are white supremacist Nazis.

Posted by: Sheila Q at November 7, 2008 2:26 PM

By my reading, the numbers work like this;

In poll after poll 65%+ support Civil Unions for same sex partners.

In poll after poll 65%+ oppose "Gay Marriage"

So arguably there are two hard cores of about 35%, and a swing of about 30% that would tolerate same sex couples having roughly the same rights as hetero couples, but are uncomfortable call it marriage, or just don't like being pushed around by political activists in black bathrobes.

Several thoughts:

Gays who say that "Civil Unions" won't give them the same rights as marriage are almost certainly right, even though that is the intent. It will have to be fought for the courts on dozens of issues. That's just the way things are.

IF Gays were nevertheless willing to accept Civil Unions for - say - ten years, my prediction is that the language would shift. Americans are not tolerant of awkward language. They will not say "Post Person", and for the same reason they will stop saying "Bob and Steve are Civil Partners" and start saying "Bob and Steve are married".

When the language shifts, the law will move to shift with it, as naturally as the Sun coming up ... except where efforts to rush things have caused the voters to pass "defense of marriage" laws and amendments.

So I think that in the long term, the Gays are shooting themselves in the foot by the way they are pursuing their goal.

Posted by: C. S. P. Schofield at November 7, 2008 2:48 PM

Q,
The black panthers,hamas and the communist party all love obaba. So by your reasoning you are an anti-america piece of shit.
Do you remember when gays just wanted to be left alone? Now they want marriage and love shoving their lifestyles down people's throats.
Sorry to tell you that I didn't smoke sausage in highschool I was busy earning my muff divers certification.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at November 7, 2008 2:56 PM

Right, for a rug-muncher like yourself zero impact- normal people have to live with liberal indoctrination in the school system, having to alter their business (for both employees and customers) etc. I hope my state alters the constitution to ban it too.

Posted by: xantl at November 7, 2008 5:15 PM

Personally I could care less what adults do in their homes. My problem is I don't care what your sexuality is!!! Keep it to yourselves because 9 times out of 10 we can tell what a person's sexuality is. Also quit saying that you were born gay. Sorry that doesn't wash. A person, through experiences, make up their mind what they find sexually attractive in a person. It's a choice so accept the consequencs of your decision.And quit trying to indoctrinate children. They can make up their own minds as they grow older.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at November 7, 2008 5:38 PM

Farmer Ted

Was it a difficult "choice," deciding to be hetero? Did you lie awake nights wondering which road to take? How old were you when you finally made your decision? Did you do a lot of testing beforehand to make sure you were making the right choice? Kick a lot of tires, did you?

"because 9 times out of 10 we can tell what a person's sexuality is."
That's pretty good gaydar. In my experience it's usually other gays and women who have sensitive gaydar, and even they're not that good.

CSPS and Susie Q are right, gays will marry and they'll eventually end up being able to marry in any State in the Union. And nobody will care. And your children, mostly, won't give a damn — unless, of course, they are indoctrinated by you.

Posted by: waynewrite at November 7, 2008 7:33 PM

waynewrite: eventually? you'll probably be long dead before it happens :[[
I'll also "indoctrinate" my children how I see fit fuckbag, its non of your business.

Posted by: xantl at November 7, 2008 8:15 PM

I get the feeling "Suzie-Q" has never had (and will never have) a boyfriend.

That's okay SQ - adopt a dog from the pound. It'll love you and will never talk back.

Posted by: Jimbo at November 7, 2008 9:00 PM

Posted by: Rob Banks at November 7, 2008 10:07 PM

I voted for prop 8 its a matter of pricipals and morals and sviveling liberal big city officials blabber about the rights of queers while they violate the rights of gun owners so screw them flatlanders

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at November 7, 2008 10:14 PM

Wayneypoo,
I have eyes and ears. When a man walks and talks feminine there's a real good chance that he is gay. If a women has a mullet or high and tight while dressed in a muscle shirt and walks like a man she's probably gay.
So much for gaydar it's called observation,you should try it sometime dillweed.
I knew I liked girls at a young age,hell I was playing doctor with a neighbor gril when we were both 5. Yes I had alot of girlfriends and slept with alot of them but the sex isn't what made my mind up about the type of woman I was attracted to. It was simple trial and error and maturing as an adult.
You obviously didn't read my post too well. I don't care what you do in your home. People simply don't give a shit about your sexuality so keep it to yourself.
You do sound awfully scared that parents will do their jobs and teach their children well. I'm sure you'd love to get to those kids while their young and impressionable. because you know once they get older and form their own opinions you're less likely to find a date.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at November 8, 2008 2:35 PM

Before long those liberal idiots will want someone to have the right to marry trees or rocks like many of those eco-freaks want to do

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at November 9, 2008 1:40 PM

Well, from the fundamentalist side of things....
God created the universe, and if He calls homosexuality an abomination, who am I to argue?

Posted by: Aussie-John at November 9, 2008 3:01 PM

A constitutional amendment requires ratification by all 57 states

Posted by: JamesJ at November 10, 2008 8:36 AM

Here's the basic problem with gay marriage that nobody likes to talk about but I will say it here in plain english.

A guys dick doesn't belong up another guys ass. Its really pretty simple. Thats not where it was designed to go and another guys ass wasn't designed to receive it. Thats how it is and what it is. You can't wrap it in anything else.Its simply an indefensible argument.

So now we're teaching young impressionable children this is not only OK but its worthy of marital status to boot. Go figure.

Posted by: Harrison at November 10, 2008 9:38 AM

Homosexuals do'nt understand is that christian love them enough to keep them from hell. Jesus told his diciples when you see all these things coming upon the earth know that I'm at the door ( Mathew chapter 24). Christian know that Christ comming is closer because wickedness has increased in the land. If you are not save; read in the bible (John Chapter 3) this is when Jesus tells Nicodemus that he must be born again, Nicodemus said to Jesus " how can I enter my mothers womb a second time" Jesus said you must be born of the water and of the spirit are no man shall see the kingdom of heaven. People pray to God tell him you want to be save in Jesus, and that you want to be filled with his holy spirit. There is a website (online bible) right at your finger tips, you can type in what ever subject you like homosexual, adultery, last days, fornication. You can chat with freinds and study at the same time with them. God bless everyone that reads this in Jesus name amen.

Posted by: Tonya at November 16, 2008 8:31 AM