« Canada Clamps Down on Carpooling | Main | Open Thread »

November 13, 2008

Detroit Climbs Aboard the Bailout Gravy Train

Detroit is a Petri dish, in which mad scientists have allowed the loathsome bacterium that is liberalism to flourish without restraint. As a result of this misguided experiment, the former capital of industry has been reduced to a Third-World hellhole. The most liberal city in America has bankrupted itself, and now has its hand out:

The Detroit City Council passed a resolution today calling for a $10-billion bailout for the city of Detroit.
Council President Pro Tem JoAnn Watson sponsored the resolution to use the money for public service employment, to fund mass transit plans and to place a moratorium on home foreclosures for two years.

$10 billion: for make-work jobs, mass transit boondoggles, and to help parasites live beyond their means. When that has been flushed down the toilet, New Mogadishu will demand $10 billion more. Socialism was imposed on Russia and China at gunpoint. Here it's being imposed by the sniveling victims of self-inflicted crises.

The new rule is: anyone who is too inept or crippled by moonbattery to be solvent is owed baskets of free cash by those who are competent and industrious enough to keep their heads above water.

Punishing success and rewarding failure have inevitable consequences. If you like what liberals have done to Detroit, you'll love the new America after Obama brings Change.

On a tip from V the K.

Posted by Van Helsing at November 13, 2008 8:45 AM

Comments

Detroit? Just evacuate the population and let the military use it for target practice. Put the people of Detroit in Obama work camps to grow arugula for Dear Leader.

Posted by: name at November 13, 2008 8:50 AM

THE HATE WEBSITE OF THE YEAR......ALL YOU LITTLE NITWITS THAT MASTURBATE TO PICTURES OF SARAH PALIN....WHY NOT COMMIT SUICIDE...SINCE SHE LOST.
OBAMA....A BLACK MAN WILL BE YOUR PRESIDO FOR THE NEXT 8 YRS............
HA...HA...HA........

RACISTS...BIGOTS AND ILLITERATES
I HEARD SOME OF YOUR KKK MEMBERS HAVE BEEN SHOT
LOL

Posted by: SEAN at November 13, 2008 9:18 AM

SEAN, dude, you really need to lay off the crystal meth.

Posted by: V the K at November 13, 2008 9:20 AM

Lol, hilarious that he could call someone hateful then tell them to commit suicide. Thoroughly drenched in irony and a lack of self-awareness.

Can we get some trolls with the ability to reason and type coherent sentences? Please?

Posted by: cowlove at November 13, 2008 10:07 AM

Smart people don't troll, cowlove.

Posted by: V the K at November 13, 2008 10:10 AM

That person was a moron, but this is a hate site.

Posted by: BritBart at November 13, 2008 10:41 AM

That person was very offensive. However they are correct this is a hate site

V to the K,
You state that any European who receives health care or college is a leech. Therefore, every European is by default a leech.

You state that our standard of living is definiceient because Europeans are much more urbanized than Americans. We live in cities. Cities have less room. Therefore we live in smaller dwellings and own less possessions. We COULD move to the country and have more stuff, we just CHOOSE not to.

My country (England) so loves yours that our own Prince risked his life to fight alongside the Americans. When the pound went up in value, the first thing we started to do was pour into America in un-before-seen numbers, to see your delightful country and load it up with our tourism dollars.

And in response, you call us ALL leeches, and say we live in a "socialist hellhole"

Have you no sense of decency, sir?

Posted by: BritBart at November 13, 2008 10:43 AM

Let the hand outs begin!! You guys notice that auto makers BMW, Honda, and Toyota don't need a hand out. I guess it's because they don't pay their workers $42 to clean a water fountain. I say the unions need to be busted. You know Pelosi, Reid, and the Anointed One are going to get in be with the unions and give this money anyway because they are going to need votes for the next election. I sure hope the people of this great nation wake up and smell what these guys are cooking.

Hey Sean! You are really are stupid...real stupid.
The Anointed One is not a true blackman dumd ass. His Mother was white which tells me that he's not a true African American. The first Black President of this country should have been General Collin Powell but he got screwed and wouln't run. I don't hate. Sounds like you are the one doing all the hating. I have a 95 pound Chow Sheperd mix that would love to use you as a chew toy......Nahhhh I don't feel like cleaning up puke.

Do stupid trolls like Sean use CAPS because they think that they will have an impact on the message that they are trying to convey or are they just to lazy to hit the shift key?

Posted by: Watching at November 13, 2008 10:45 AM

Have you no sense of decency, sir?

Perhaps not, but at least I don't need to crib lame rhetorical devices from Keith Olbermann.

Independent thought is wonderful thing. You might want to try it out sometime.

Posted by: V the K at November 13, 2008 10:52 AM

Cowlove,

Posted by: BritBart at November 13, 2008 11:09 AM

I don't know who Keith Olberman is.

Posted by: BritBart at November 13, 2008 11:11 AM

V to the K,
But thank you for admitting you have no decency. At least you recognize that you are a monster.

Posted by: BritBart at November 13, 2008 11:12 AM

BritBart sounds an awful like Shana and Vader. Just sayin'

Posted by: V the K at November 13, 2008 11:15 AM

v to the k,

It also shows something very telling about your character that you think that having no decency is not as bad as "cribbing" lines from whoever the hell Keith Olberman is.

Posted by: BritBart at November 13, 2008 11:17 AM

I admitted no such thing, I just don't feel the need to defend my decency to the likes of you.

Your analysis, as usual, is flawed.

Posted by: V the K at November 13, 2008 11:28 AM

I like the Brits always have always will. They are our best ally. My granfather fought along side the Brits in WWII even made a few freinds. Saw the photos. I don't think this is a hate site. I think that pointing out what the truth really is is not being hateful. Look how some of the people come on this sight that don't agree and see how they start spreading on the hate.

Lets not be hypocrits now.

Posted by: Watching at November 13, 2008 11:28 AM

"What are you doing on this site? having gone through the threads and comments, you are clearly the lone decent person posting here. The only one whose posts are not filled with lies, paranoia, and slander. You are able to give reasoned and measured responses to differing points of view."

~I don't see too many slanderous posts filled with lies. When I do, I tend to respond harshly because I have little tolerance for such garbage. If this site were what you suggest it is, I certainly wouldn't bother with it. The way I see it, you and your like-minded brethren see differing view points and call it hate speech. I bristle at that characterization because there simply isn't evidence to support it.

"How can you stand to be associated with the rest of these people, people who would demonize the United States's closest ally in the entire world and imply we are nothing but a parasitic slave state?"

~It's unfortunate that's your perception. I see demonization and vehement protesting of the evil that is socialism. We have examples of its abject failure all around is, and pointing to them is in no way a criticism of our actual allies, the people themselves.

Let's face it Bart, people come in all different shapes and sizes. I'm not going to agree with everything even my closest ally says or does, nor should I be expected to.

Posted by: cowlove at November 13, 2008 11:32 AM

Posted by: BritBart at November 13, 2008 11:34 AM

Bart you must not know what HuffPo is, or you wouldn't have linked to obvious satire.

Posted by: cowlove at November 13, 2008 11:48 AM

heh, that's what you get when you put up a website with open commenting, isn't it? Never know who's posting what. For all we know V to the K is actually the only person on this site. Most of the posts sound equally hateful and have the same key words and catch phrases.

You could easily solve this problem by making your readers have to register to post. However, I suspect that you know that if you did this, your website isn't good enough for people to be willing to take the 30 seconds it takes to register, and you'd have no posters.

Posted by: Britbart at November 13, 2008 11:54 AM

Does anyone seriously doubt Detroit will get its $10 bil once/after Obama takes the helm?

Here's how the new system works:

1. Borrow $ from Chinese and Saudis
2. Give it to either:
(a) banks and other large comapnies, who then pay it out in cash bonuses to execs, and dividends to shareholders, or
(b) reckless real estate speculators and homeowners who got in way over their heads, or now
(c) municipalities that have a proven record of not being able to manage their own finances
3. US taxpayer gets stuck with the bill

Posted by: mega at November 13, 2008 11:54 AM

Bart usually we don't have to deal with hateful trolls posting copy-paste garbage all over every article. Unfortunately, not everyone chooses to live up to our unspoken standards. Sad but true.

Posted by: cowlove at November 13, 2008 11:59 AM

And strangely enough, the inability of trolls to behave with decency is blamed on the host of website for not restricting access.

Posted by: V the K at November 13, 2008 12:04 PM

I've never heard of this Keith Olberman person, but you, v the k are the WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD!

Posted by: Schizo at November 13, 2008 12:06 PM

As the TV ad for that mad scientists toy would say TOO GROSS

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at November 13, 2008 12:30 PM

I have to assume that the troll(s) was/were the same person, seeing as they came at the same time and left at the same time.

To whoever, if you're going to pretend to be an angry bunch of Brits, at least make up more than 4 names.

Posted by: cowlove at November 13, 2008 1:18 PM

And with that comment, cowlove, I think we can assume you are no longer a "decent person." You're now one of us haters and demonizers with no sense of decency.

Posted by: V the K at November 13, 2008 2:01 PM

I've seen a few trolls in my day... BritBart, you're LAME! You're like the Chad Vader of trolling... a real troll's younger, less-successful brother.

Posted by: ILoveCapitalism at November 13, 2008 2:53 PM

Well said, Watching and Cowlove.
Not only do these trolls come on at the same time, they have the same writing style.

Britbart, (If you are a real person and not just another troll identity) if you had been around here for awhile, you would have noticed that we don't all march in lock-step as is required on the Liberal sites. Here we are conservatives, moderates and even some "conservative/liberal". We do and have, disagreed with each other (I myself have stood up for gays, yet denounced their tactics), yet we are MATURE enough to part with no hard feelings after the discussion is over.

As for the "hate" against Briton, we hate what has been DONE to her and her people! Are we to be SILENT and say nothing while idiots ruin America's "mother country"? I should say not! If you can, check back to old posts and you'll see that many of us have written encouragment, sympathy and advice to Britons who post on Moonbattery.

But if you REALLY want to read hate (Against America), go to a Liberal site; but don't expect them to alow any oppinion that is even SLIGHTLY diffrent.

Posted by: KHarn at November 13, 2008 3:53 PM

I addressed BritBart in the open thread one up from this. He's free to read it and make up his mind if this is a hate site or not. Not that that classification means anything at all any more what with everything remotely conservative being classified as "hate." Perhaps we should just get used to that being the Newspeak definition for reasoned political opposition.

Posted by: mandible claw at November 13, 2008 9:46 PM

Этот блог заслуживает похвалы. Обязательно напишу про него на закрытом форуме вебмастеров. Думаю, вебмастера согласятся со мной. Кстати вы можете присоединиться к сообществу вебмастеров, закрытый форум вебмасетров.

Posted by: Webmaster at November 14, 2008 4:18 AM

I have a flash website
i'm looking for the script who makes google adsense on flash.
do you know this script?

Posted by: HSCharles at November 15, 2008 5:56 PM