« Liberals Embrace Vampire Analogy | Main | Liberals Find God »

November 6, 2008

Chris Matthews: It's My Job to Make Obamacracy Work

At last, a glimpse of honesty from MSNBC Obamunist Chris "Tweety" Matthews, the guy who gets a thrill up his leg when he hears Chairman O blathering vaguely about Hope and Change:

I want to do everything I can to make this thing work, this new presidency work.

Gasped an astonished Joe Scarborough:

Is that your job? You just talked about being a journalist!

In response, Tweety confirmed:

Yeah, it is my job. My job is to help this country.

Kind of like the way Pravda helped the country in the old Soviet days.

MSM propagandists, being 100% responsible for an unvetted, unqualified, left-wing radical being elected to the White House on the strength of his skin color, now has zero credibility. Their allies in Congress had better hurry along with the Unfairness Doctrine, because as it sinks in what these moonbats have passed off to the public as a President, their ratings will dry up as fast as the value of your stocks in light of The One's promises to raise capital gains taxes.

Chris_Matthews_Tweety.gif
Tweety Matthews and his huge yellow head.

On a tip from Conan.

Posted by Van Helsing at November 6, 2008 10:18 AM

Comments

What an insult to Tweety.

Posted by: The MaryHunter at November 6, 2008 10:49 AM

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
- US President George W. Bush (August 5, 2004)

Sums up the Bush administration pretty good.

Posted by: Anonymous at November 6, 2008 11:02 AM

Welcome to the wonderful world of liberals, where what ever your room temperature I.Q. can dreams up happens, or you lie and say it did. Let’s face it the Obamessiah was a media creation the press made him and Soros bought and paid for him. Someday sanity will return and the Obermans and the Mathews will be back where they belong scraping burgers off the grill at Burger King, yes these so called “Journalist need practice their real calling in life, Fries with that?

Posted by: Wannabe Messiah at November 6, 2008 11:06 AM

Posted by: Anonymous at November 6, 2008 11:10 AM

How many conservatives does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

They can't. Rush hasn't given them directions.

Dittoheads unite!

Posted by: Anonymous at November 6, 2008 11:22 AM

Anonymous said:
"Don't worry, Bush has made sure that nobody will be getting capital gains in a very long time."

Sorry anonytroll, but the President had nothing to do with it. The Congress passed laws forcing the lenders to give mortgages to unqualified minorities. Then, because of other Congressional interferrence in the market, greedy types using computer models that Alan Greenspan admitted were fatally flawed, sold each other useless bets on these horrible loans. Loans crashed. Derivitives crashed. Banks crashed. Thank Congress.

In fact President Bush, Senator McCain, and a number of other GOP AND Dems have been shouting for years to change the rules back to sanity. They still haven't you know. "Loan Crash II" the disaster film of the decade coming to a theater near you.

Posted by: chuck in st paul at November 6, 2008 11:29 AM

Let this be a lesson to the Republicans:

Screw your soldiers and this is what you get.

So 9/11 happened, and in we went (yes, me included) to Afghanistan. Great. Wonderful. We're taking out the people who attacked us and set up a terrorist state. But then what do you do before the job is finished, you decide to lie your way into war with a country that has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING except that it has a lot of oil. So you turn the only war worth fighting for into a forgotten war. And now all our work in Aghanistan is being undone because all the resources are going to Iraq. Great job.

Then come the Bush tax cuts...and there go my benefits. The rich men who STARTED the war iterally stole the money out of the pockets of the young men fighting it. When I was doing my second tour (this time in Baghdad) my wife came down with a staff infection back Stateside. Due to cuts in my Tricare benedits, we had to pay over 5K out of pocket for her emergency care. Apparently that little extra luxery for the rich matters more to you than the basic needs of military families.

THEN you Republicans decide to fight AGAINST the GI Bill. Tooth and nail. Including John McCain. A veteran. You then expect me to vote for a man who won't even look out for his own?

THEN you decide to attack people receiving government funds. The last two months all I've heard is that ANYONE living of government money is a louse and a thief and a scavenger. Kind of forgot that us soldiers are PAID in tax dollars. Poorly. And as a result 25% of military families are on welfare. But to you we're just scavengers. Yeah...we don't take kindly to being called losers and scavengers after we fought so YOU don't have to.

I know most people think soldiers are idiots. And you know what, some are. But not as dumb as you think. You guys thought that you could just screw us over again and again but so long as you put those yellow ribbons (made in china) on your cars and said "We support the troops" that we'd think you actually MEANT it.

Actions speak louder than words. I am an independant who ALWAYS voted Republican, but never again.

You betray the troops, you're going to pay. Not only did you loose innumerable votes from toops themselves, we did plenty of campaigning with groups like Iraqi Veterans agains Mccain, and people listened to what we had to say. And they voted Obama.

Posted by: COMCAM LT at November 6, 2008 11:32 AM

Nice try, COMCAM LT, but no sale.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at November 6, 2008 11:43 AM

ComCam Lt, you're a liar. The troops supported McCain over Obama 80% to 20%, but your side no doubt prevented most of them from casting votes.

I doubt that you EVER voted Republican. Lying about being a "Republican who has seen the light" is a common trick among leftie trolls. I have never fought against any GI Bill. I just voted for one here in California last Tuesday.

If you think the military is going to prosper under Obama, you're delusional in the extreme. He has bragged that he will cut the military budget by 25%.

If your political philsophy is so gloriously right, why do you have to misrepresent yourself in forums like this?

Phony!

Posted by: Stogie at November 6, 2008 11:50 AM

COMCAM LT,
I don't know what Army you are in, but I was in the US Army for 7 1/2 years. And I deployed to Iraq twice, in March of '03- Feb '04, and Oct '05-Sep '06. I was not on welfare. As a single mom, E-4 type, then E-5 type, I didn't even qualify for food stamps. Not that I needed them. I knew how to manage my money. Maybe that 25% your talking about are the E-2/ E-3 types that have 3-5 kids...maybe they shouldn't let their family outgrow their income. It's called responsibility for your own actions. Soldiers don't pay rent, if they do it is added to their pay. utilities, if they are on post none, if off post, it is expected that they used their housing allowance for it. That is the purpose of it. Not going to get the latest Nike's, or to go barhopping.
The new GI Bill, it sucks. Really. I was going to postpone college so I could use it, thinking it'll be better for me in the long run. Not so much. Instead of being able to pay for my supplies and tuition each term, I would get 1 allocation for supplies per year, and tuition would be exact, and to the school not me. I have to work full time so I can't go to the classroom, therefore I don't qualify for the housing allowance. But I bought a house I could afford, so I don't need it.
You want to support Democrats, that's fine. But get your facts straight first. Democrats are traditionally against the military and for downsizing it. I'm not a big supporter of McCain, but I supported him against the man who wants to send trrops to Darfur and Pakistan. You are so worried about Iraq, how are you going to feel when your redployment orders take you to Africa and not the U.S.?

Posted by: Soldiermom at November 6, 2008 11:57 AM

Q: How many libs does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: 500; 1 to screw in the light bult and 499 to stand around in a circle and sing KUMBYAH!

Posted by: leftwingsmasher at November 6, 2008 12:02 PM

At the following url about Jimmy Carter years

On July 15, 1979, the television networks aired Carter’s infamous “Malaise Speech” --written by Chris Matthews, currently the host of “Hardball” -- which declared that the nation had reached a “crisis of confidence.” It was widely criticized as being a “huge depressant” at a time when America needed encouragement and a pep talk. Three days later, Carter called for the resignations of all of his Cabinet members. To further underscore the crisis atmosphere, he symbolically lowered the thermostats in the White House and other federal facilities to 65 degrees in the winter, and raised them in the summer to 78 degrees. Promotional pictures showing the President in a heavy sweater were supposed to inspire everyone to “follow the leader”. The national Christmas Tree was not lighted in 1979 and 1980. But few were impressed and even fewer were motivated.

Here is the transcript of the speech

Posted by: Dennis at November 6, 2008 12:07 PM

I'm a lifelong Democrat who is disgusted by Obama's election and hard-left policies and friends. He's obviously under the control of the Communist Party, his crack dealer, his Chicago machine bosses, and George Soros and friends (insofar as those groups don't overlap) who just picked an affirmative action candidate to put before the electorate. For the first time in my life I voted for a Republican.

See, we can do the same crap.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at November 6, 2008 12:07 PM

COMCAM LT:

What were you in the Rump Rangers? I seriously doubt you were a boy scout....

Posted by: Real Soldier at November 6, 2008 1:03 PM

"COMCAM LT at November 6, 2008 11:32 AM"

If you were REALLY a solder, you would know that we were still AT WAR WITH IRAQ since the Gulf War. THERE WAS NO PEACE TREATY, our countrys had signed a CEASE FIRE, much like we did with North Korea; another country we are still AT WAR WITH.

Posted by: KHarn at November 6, 2008 2:02 PM

Funny, now that the election is over, Matthews doesn't have to hide his deep infatuation for the chosen one, not that he ever did anyway, just now it's not so covert.

Posted by: nitrain at November 6, 2008 4:01 PM

Logical, after having done everything he could to make the previous Administration fail.

Yeah, it is my job. My job is to help this country.

Newfound patriotism. It's amazing how in the bag he is. He sounds as if he wants to have Obama's baby.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at November 6, 2008 4:24 PM

Granted. BUT the Republicans had Congress for 10 out of the last 12 years and the White House for 8.

Posted by: Anonymous at November 6, 2008 7:33 PM

"BUT the Republicans had Congress for 10 out of the last 12 years and the White House for 8."

Ever heard of a "filibuster?" Don't worry, you will.

Posted by: cowlove at November 7, 2008 7:58 AM

As a bird i feel insulted by that image

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at November 7, 2008 10:22 PM