« UN Socialists Exploit Financial Crisis | Main | Obama Running on McCain's Issues »

October 7, 2008

Saturday Night Live Bailout Skit

Apparently having run out of ways to make fun of Sarah Palin, Saturday Night Live went bipartisan in a cutting skit on the bailout debacle. Via Ms. Underestimated:

The video can no longer be seen at its original location, having been pulled apparently because the suits at NBC didn't want to step on the toes of fellow leftists. The skit ridicules the sinister moonbat financier George Soros, as well as a pair of his allies, left-wing moguls Herbert and Marion Sandler, who made out like bandits in the mortgage crisis. Some of their loot appears headed for the pockets of progressive outfits such as Center for American Progress, the ACLU, and Obama's old employers at ACORN, with whom the community organizing Obamessiah helped cause the mortgage meltdown by exploiting the Community Reinvestment Act.

If you're wondering if NBC pulled the video off line due to pressure from Soros and other zillionaire Shadow Party puppeteers, you can ask them here. Michelle Malkin has provided a transcript of the skit.

The SNL folks can be pretty funny when they get up the courage to wander off the liberal reservation. But something tells me they won't dare do it again soon.

On a tip from the MaryHunter.

Posted by Van Helsing at October 7, 2008 11:51 AM

Comments

SNL isn't even funny anymore. Even though they've decided to target someone else other than the Repubs, the skit isn't even funny. WTF is wrong with people, who watches this shit anyway?

You want funny? Watch the videos by Newsbusted.

Posted by: Anonymous at October 7, 2008 2:03 PM

Meh, funny is funny, left or right. Palin's easy to make fun of, because she's got so many easily-mockable quirks (winking, hair-tossing, saying maverick a lot). It's harder to do with Biden, though you'll notice that in the Biden/Palin debate sketch they made fun of Biden a good bit. It just wasn't that funny.

It's much easier to make fun of people in power, too, and incumbency goes along with that. I wouldn't call Leno part of the right-wing establishment but for years he had a Clinton joke every night. Funny's funny. Clinton happens to be an easily person to mock--who can't do a Clinton impression? As far as Obama goes, I guess there's a little bit of an issue because of his race--in comparison to McCain, who might get made fun of for his age and his sometimes over-the-top immediate reactions to things, the taboo's not there. But I think it will become easier to make fun of Obama after the race is over, no matter who's president. What'shisface does a pretty good Obama impression.

Posted by: Madison at October 7, 2008 2:35 PM

As far as the removal of the video goes, I think they should put it back up. It's ridiculous that it was pulled, for whatever reason. Though I did watch it live, and I'll say it wasn't really that funny (which is probably why it was a late-in-the-episode sketch.

Cheers.

Posted by: Madison at October 7, 2008 2:37 PM

Yeah, but this time they are actually right. Check this one out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs

Posted by: Anonymous at October 7, 2008 2:37 PM

Granted, but humor isn't about being right. It's about being funny. There's not a lot that's funny about Larry Craig using the bathroom (which I don't think was what he was doing), but there's a whole lot that's funny about him soliciting gay sex.

Posted by: Madison at October 7, 2008 2:47 PM

You guys don't think it's funny? I think it's hilarious! And amazingly accurate in its portrayal.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at October 7, 2008 4:24 PM

Wow.

First them slamming the media for coddling Obama (Granted - this done in defense of Hillary)

And, now this.

Is Aaron Spelling dead?

Posted by: The Him at October 7, 2008 4:38 PM

The National Barack Channel -- all for First Amendment rights, until their masters (the DNC, that scumbag Soros, et al.) order them to forsake every principle they (used to) stand for, whence they can't pull the SNL skit fast enough (of course, the anti-Palin, Tina Fey sketches are still available). Heil, Obama! Der Fuehrer is human perfection! We who are about to join the Third World salute you, Beloved Maximum Leader!

Yes, I surely want the lib airheads at the National Barack Channel defending my Constitutional rights! On second thought, in the event, I'll retain Mark R. Levin, Esq., sit back and watch the fur fly. It would be one hell of a show!

Posted by: jc14 at October 7, 2008 6:11 PM

Posted by: nanc at October 7, 2008 7:05 PM

You can find it over at Pat Dollard's blog.

Posted by: Robohobo at October 7, 2008 9:07 PM

Im sure that some heads will roll at SNL and some will even become UN-PERSONS. At some point NBC will declare the video is a fake created by Karl Rove. And they will declare we have always been at war with Eurasia and chocolate rations are increasing!

Posted by: Anonymous at October 8, 2008 4:58 AM

"Chocolate Rations
Some stay dry and others feel the pain"

Posted by: Thulsa Doom at October 8, 2008 11:57 AM

I'll point out my own mistake, while no one else was unkind enough. I meant Lorne Michaels. Who keeps track of these loonies anyway?

Posted by: The Him at October 8, 2008 5:43 PM

This is funny and it is going on Facebook. I don't care who takes it down due to something controversial. It will be up on Facebook to show what Congress has done to our Economy and Home Market

Posted by: Chad at October 9, 2008 3:53 PM

Hey this skit has been up at NBC since the Sunday after this aired.

I don't know what Malkin is talking about when she says that the "suits" took it down.

Posted by: K-dog at October 13, 2008 7:15 AM

This skit has been up at nbc.com since the episode aired. I don't get why Malkin is claiming people are trying to "cover this up".

Posted by: K-dog at October 13, 2008 7:24 AM

I just checked NBC.com. I didn't watch it entirely the second time around, but the official clip is 7:10 minutes long and contains barney frank saying that Bush did try to address Fannie Mae/Mac 6 years ago, and it also contains the Sandlers.

If anything was edited out in my quick review of it, I didn't catch it. Someone more bored than I will have to watch it entirely.

Posted by: dfenstrate at October 13, 2008 11:23 AM