« Happy Halloween! | Main | Open Thread »

October 31, 2008

Progressive Paper Gives Addresses of Republican Houses to Be Vandalized

Halloween isn't all about treats. There are also tricks — that is, vandalism. Seattle's progressive The Stranger helpfully instructs its moonbat readership on where this should take place, providing pictures of area houses with McCain and/or GOP gubernatorial candidate Dino Rossi yard signs, along with their addresses in prominent type.

If these houses happen get trashed, it's no worse than the owners deserve for failing to follow The One. Welcome to the political landscape of Obama Nation.

The article even quotes Edmund Burke:

No passion so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

This is why liberals have deliberately created a climate in which people don't dare express public support for Republicans, lest their cars get keyed or their houses firebombed.

mccain-supporter.jpg
Fortunately this one looks well fenced.

On a tip from LT Nixon.

Posted by Van Helsing at October 31, 2008 4:15 PM

Comments

Well, that's true enough. i wouldn't dare put a McCain sign on my front lawn. I'd be spending the rest of the year cleaning eggs off of my house.

Posted by: Rob Banks at October 31, 2008 5:18 PM

It'll reach the point that your house will be egged for no signs at all (failing to show public support of Obama).

That's how sick these totalitarians are.

Posted by: Jimbo at October 31, 2008 5:25 PM

The comments at the Stranger are mostly slamming this stunt. There may be hope (not THAT hope) after all.

Posted by: Fred at October 31, 2008 6:03 PM

Here's a test:

If you have an Obama or Gregoire sign in your yard and support this kind of crap why don't you post your address here?

If you do: you really believe it is harmless. I don't agree with you, but respect your opinion.

If you don't: you are just a totalitarian cretin.

Posted by: Doug at October 31, 2008 6:17 PM

Uh, VH...

Maybe you might want to obscure the address. I know it's out there already elsewhere, but still, there's no sense in adding to the homeowner's grief here.

Thanks!

Posted by: Mr. Right at October 31, 2008 6:33 PM

This is why I didn't feel comfortable putting a McCain/Palin sticker on my car, even though I wanted to.

The person who parks right next to me in my apartment building has had an Obama sticker on their car for months, never occurred to me to act out against them.

Sad.

Posted by: Melinda at October 31, 2008 6:39 PM

Well the comment with regards to people being afraid to post their McCain signs LETS me know that he will win because those will be the same people who would say they are voting Obama do not appear to be a racist..

Now me personally her in "Communist" Fairfax, VA I have my stickers on my car and my sign in my front window...no space in the grass....damn bush(not the President)...and I as well have my NRA sticker and magnet right next to them....do I or don't I have a conceal carry permit?....hmmmm!

Posted by: Jaded at October 31, 2008 6:53 PM

Looks like the perfect spot to lay up with a ghille suit and paintball gun. Or is that hunting liberals over bait?

Posted by: PabloD at October 31, 2008 7:27 PM

Fairfax County, VA, here too. Have to admit I've spent the last month waiting for my SUV to get keyed, ever since putting the McCain/Palin sticker on it. Fortunately, no damage yet.

Of note, though, is the absolutely swamping of front lawns with Obama signs in the past couple of weeks. Hundreds of them. Thousands, perhaps. And this in the wealthiest county in the US or something. The maggots are all over the friekin' place.

Posted by: mega at October 31, 2008 8:07 PM

Probably not a good day to work for The Stranger. Not only will they be getting a visit from the Secret Service and the FBI, the entire staff now has their home addresses posted prominently on line, and in their own comment section. Wouldn't do them a lick of good to take them down now. bwhahahha

Posted by: Nick at October 31, 2008 9:18 PM

Where is Soros' address? I might have a flaming bag of "gift" for him tonight.

Posted by: hiram at October 31, 2008 9:44 PM

Alright, listen up. It's all gloom and doom around here. "Obama's gonna win and ruin the country" Wah, wah. You know what? I say screw that! Even if he wins, we still have a chance of putting a republican majority in either the House or the Senate. If we can do both, or even just one, we've seriously crimped the Obamassiah's plans. The whole reason congress exist is to check the power of the president. And lets not forget the rest of the government positions. From governer all the way down to your city mayor, get out and vote republican. "Hope"fully Obama doesn't win, but if he does, lets give him a red suprise!

Posted by: conservativeteen at October 31, 2008 9:47 PM

PS. in hindsign, my above post could've been somewhere else, but the point still stands:We can still win this election.

Posted by: conservativeteen at October 31, 2008 9:49 PM

CT:

Unless he packs the court. FDR did it; I imagine BO will too. Then we'll get decisions from SCOTUS that basically make us slaves of the state & legitimize the creation of his already-stated brown-shir....uh, I mean 'National Civilian Security Force' (don't wanna get on a list, ya know). After that, we're done. Personally, I grew up in the sticks... I have a bitchin' hunting weapon and better ones for the two-legged predators. I'm ready to take to the swamps if I have to. One well-placed shot from my caplock, and I can GET an M-16.

If it comes to that. God knows I don't want it to.

One of my co-workers put it best today. "Pray, then vote. Then pray some more."

In the short-term, my advice Conservativeteen, is hunker down on election night, on the ground floor of a two-storey building. Arm yourself well, and don't even think about going outside. Once the polls start closing, and returns start coming in, there WILL BE VIOLENCE coming from the Obamanation. Either "woo-hoo, we won, it's open season on whitey", or it'll be the much worse "we was robbed, get whitey". Regardless, I'm packing for at least two weeks after.

And if Obama wins, and you haven't stocked up on gold or bullets or booze or consumer goods you can barter... say goodnight to any wealth you may have accumulated. Anyone else here remember Carter? Remember the 'barter clubs' that sprung up, and how Carter was trying to figure out a way to tax them? Dollars won't be worth the paper they're printed on.... I mean, four years from now, having gotten NO raises (since the "O" has taxed your employer to the breaking point), what are you going to do when a loaf of bread costs $15?

If the 'One' can ram his socialist feces down our throats, we're screwed.

Posted by: hiram at October 31, 2008 10:11 PM

One thing I've noticed this election cycle is the lack of political stickers or signs. You wouldn't even know there was a Presidential election going on. Heck I'm still seeing faded Kerry or Bush stickers on cars instead of more current ones.

In one sense I blame the fear of reprisals, but the lack of Obama signs is telling and encouraging to me, especially since I live in a dark blue state. It indicates that all the excitement and supposed electricity over THE ONE may be a complete media fabrication after all.

Posted by: Lincoln at October 31, 2008 10:29 PM

I live in the Seattle area and I have noticed a dramatic reduction in D (Obama) bumber stickers etc. compared to 2004 (Kerry). Going back a few months there were more Kerry stickers (yes, still!) on cars than there were O! stickers.
Can't imagine why.

Posted by: Anonymous at November 1, 2008 12:31 AM

Here in TX, I have a McCain sign in my yard, a sticker on my truck, and no problems. Of course, there is that rumor going around that TX Fish and Game has ruled that shooting O!bots while having a McCain sign in your yard does NOT constitute hunting on a baited field.....

Posted by: SDN at November 1, 2008 4:23 AM

Oh, sorry, Officer! I didn't realize he was vandalizing my lawn signs. I just saw him waving sticks in the air and I was in fear of my life! I only fired in self-defense...

Posted by: WildBill at November 1, 2008 5:40 AM

CT: I sure as hell hope that there are a LOT MORE motivated young sensible (i.e. conservative) folk like yourself out there. Turnout is everything. Fight the good fight! Make calls for McCain! VOTE!

SDN, lol ... the mental image of Night of the Living Dead comes to mind. Pray that's not what the night of the 4th looks like...

I live in Annapolis, a purple enclave in Maryland, which is only blue because of Baltimore and DC. There's significant GOP and DNC support on cars and homes in hour 'hood, probably more GOP, but no problems among neighbors. However, we always get folks who come from the projects to our upper-middle-class neighborhood for Trick or Treat. Friday afternoon I went down the street and warned GOP folks to put away their McC/P signs for the evening - I'd had GOP signs vandalized around Halloween during 2006, conspicuously coincident with the project folks arriving for their hand-outs. I even covered up my McCain bumper stickers, just in case. I hated doing that, but I found it to be more prudent than cowardly. Some free country, eh.

Result: No incidents. Yet. My sign went up early this am and my pickup once again proudly shouts out for McCain/Palin.

Posted by: The MaryHunter at November 1, 2008 6:01 AM

I live in Texas, have a McCain/Palin sticker, a Senator Cornyn sticker, and an old W sticker on my back window and yard signs as well....no egging, keying of the car, stolen yard signs, etc. Thankfully we live in a fairly conservative town, tho I have seen very small pockets of Obama signs and a couple of stickers around. I will say, when I drive by the Dummocrats headquarters empty parking lot on the way to the Republican headquarters packed parking lot, it's nice to get a warm, fuzzy feeling of "hope" that people are opening their eyes to that con-man from Chicago (at least around here).

I have faith in the American people that we will not elect a complete moron and his fold to the highest office, especially with all the recent demeaning comments towards Joe the Plumber and calling us selfish for not wanting to pay more in taxes. Pray for divine intercession in this election.

Posted by: Joycer at November 1, 2008 6:58 AM

When a bunch of unruly obama brownshirts show up to intimadate you and threaten you with great bodliy harm if you dont vote for obama stand their with a paintball gun and a good supply of paintballs and shoot them up so badly they,ll cry all the way back to the rock where they live under

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at November 1, 2008 7:10 AM

How many times have you heard lefties whining about Bush and Cheney taking away our rights?

The truth is that our rights are being trampled on and taken away ONLY by the left.

Posted by: drjohn at November 1, 2008 8:49 AM

From Ted Nugent:

Nugent: I was in Chicago last week I said, "Hey Obama, you might want to suck on one of these, you punk?" Obama, he’s a piece of shit and I told him to suck on one of my machine guns. Let’s hear it for them. I was in New York and I said, "Hey Hillary, you might want to ride one of these into the sunset you worthless bitch." Since I’m in California, I’m gonna find Barbara Boxer she might wanna suck on my machine guns. Hey, Dianne Feinstein, ride one of these you worthless whore.

Real nice. Real classy.

Posted by: Anonymous at November 1, 2008 9:15 AM

If Obama wins (appears he is going to) there will be celebration riots but probably nothing huge. But then again, its hard to tell since mob mentality can lead people to do things they wouldnt do if it was just them and their friends. Similar to what happens when a college team wins a big game against their rival.

If Obama loses, then we could see something like the Watts riots or the Rodney King riots. The only good thing is most of this will occur in poor areas of town and they will mostly loot and burn down buildings in their own communities. They will then ask Washington for money to rebuild. Obama and Pelosi will then shower them with money. Areas with small minority populations are probably ok. But it would be a bad idea to be on the roads after dark. Things could really get dicey if there is a 2000 type scenario where recounts drag things out for weeks as tempers will increase and groups like Nation of Islam and New Black Panthers will stoke the fires.

Posted by: Anonymous at November 1, 2008 9:19 AM

By the way, the crowd cheered! Did you see liberals crushing his CDs? Condemning him?

Remember the Dixie Chicks and how the conservatives responded?

YOUR rights are trampled on?

And you wonder why liberals think you are nut jobs.

Posted by: Anonymous at November 1, 2008 9:22 AM

I hate to break the news to you, but believe it or not, it goes both ways.

I am liberal. I don't put my political orientation on display outside in the real world... for a very good reason. :) I don't have to wear an Obama pin or have a sign outside my house to show my support for him either.

But go on. Keep playing that victim card. It seems to be working for Sarah Palin, anyway.

Posted by: Hillary Clinton at November 1, 2008 9:39 AM

What the hell does anything that Ted Nugent said (if he actually said it, which I doubt. Time? Place? Recording if possible?) have to do with Obama's call for a "National Civilian Security Force" with as much funding and power as the DoD?

Equating people expressing themselves by destroying Dixie Chicks CD's with the headlong stampede towards totalitarianism that "The One" is trying to sell us on... well, that's just ridiculous.

Posted by: hiram13pm at November 1, 2008 9:42 AM

Good site! She thought it was good for Hilary but now she doesn't think it applies to her.

Yeah, that's about right.

Posted by: Anonymous at November 1, 2008 9:51 AM

Don't think conservatives call for violence against liberals? Try to Google "kill liberals".

Posted by: Anonymous at November 1, 2008 10:00 AM

Does this help?

Yes, we liberals learned our lesson from 2004. We get fired from our jobs, vandalized, and violently attacked no less than you people do.

But of course the liberal media and I must be making these stories up because you people HAVE to be the victims, right?

Get your head out of the sand. People are more cautious this time around and aren't displaying who they support on their sleeves!

Wake up!

Do you people ever NOT blame everything on the Dems and the media? If Obama loses, it was all just "media hype". If Obama wins, it was because the media brainwashed people. LOL Good Lords....

Posted by: Hillary Clinton at November 1, 2008 10:03 AM

Google "kill liberals" = 870,000 hits.

Google "kill conservatives" = 1,970,000 hits.

So I guess by Anonymous Troll #17's logic, liberals are more than twice as violent as conservatives, right?

Posted by: hiram at November 1, 2008 10:28 AM

I think you might want to look at the titles for the results from "kill conservatives".

Posted by: Anonymous at November 1, 2008 10:33 AM

Hiram, let him rant. He's home from school today and in a cranky mood because someone stopped him from stealing candy from 4 year olds last night.

Posted by: Thulsa Doom at November 1, 2008 10:49 AM

Socialist trolls who are too cowardly to even leave a name, please Google "Bite me."

Posted by: V the K at November 1, 2008 11:57 AM

Here's the thing. The Stranger shouldn't have published the addresses of the McSame/Falin' supporters. No question.

But we really do hate you. For impeaching an effective President over a blowjob. For allowing Saxby Chambliss to impune Max Cleland's patriotism. For supporting Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity when they call us communists and traitors. For saying that moving the top marginal rate from 35% to 39.5% is socialism.

In 1986 Tip O'Neil was asked to bring impeachment proceedings against Ronald Reagan. He said no, because it would be too divisive to America.

Get ready to reap what you have sown.

Posted by: Big Sven, Seattle Liberal at November 1, 2008 12:44 PM

Big Sven,

Thank you for so effectively highlighting one of the main differences between conservatives and liberals.

We know you are wrong and shake our heads in disbelief at your ignorance and general frothing at the mouth. You think we are evil and hate us.

Small wonder why we are happier than you are.

Posted by: Richard C. at November 1, 2008 1:10 PM

Funny, the "stranger staff" have pulled the original link, and actually pulled the story from what I can tell. There were around 1400 comments on the story last check.

Either the Obama brownshirts advised them that this was hurting their candidate, or they just wanted to illustrate how spineless they were. I'll look for a cached version somewhere.

Posted by: subrookie at November 1, 2008 1:14 PM

Indeed it appears The Stranger has pulled the story entirely. The Stranger is printed proof that the looniest of moonbat lefties have virtually taken over Seattle, as are those scary social-realism portraits of Obama which are absolutely everywhere, even on t-shirts in mall display windows. A quick perusal of the Stranger's front page reveals no less than 4 f-words. My, aren't they edgy.

Posted by: Bill Cruchon at November 1, 2008 2:45 PM

Anyone else get a cached version? I couldn't get it. I can pick up a hardcopy today and scan it if the guys running this site want it.

Posted by: subrookie at November 1, 2008 3:05 PM

cached version here:

Posted by: subrookie at November 1, 2008 3:15 PM

Big Sven said:
"But we really do hate you. For impeaching an effective President over a blowjob."

Posted by: Merlin8047 at November 1, 2008 5:21 PM

Yeah, Sven, ol' Clinton was really effective- just ask any Communist Chinese spy/thief, military bigwig, or Osama bin Laden...they'll tell ya! Why, the great Yassar Arafat said that Washington, Jefferson and Clinton were the 3 greatest Presidents in U.S. history! WOW!!! Must be gratifying to know that our sworn enemies love your hero so much, eh?!?

Posted by: Toa at November 1, 2008 6:01 PM

Just to set the record straight, Big Willy was not impeached over a blowjob, much as the liberal press wanted you to believe it. He was impeached because he committed a felony by lying under oath in a Federal deposition. Just one of many that he committed while in the job."

Just to set the record straight, perjury is defined very specifically. While Bill Clinton may have lied under oath he did not commit perjury nor was he convicted of a felony.

They don't call him Slick Willy for nothing. He is a very, very smart lawyer. The prosecution underestimated him and basically blew it.

Posted by: Anonymous at November 2, 2008 7:04 AM

Are you saying Arafat is wrong about Washington and Jefferson? Or that he is right about 2 of them but wrong about the third one? I'm not sure what your message is here.

Posted by: Anonymous at November 2, 2008 8:07 AM

I am a big-time Obama supporter but I do not support this kind of activity or slamming. I'm sorry to anyone who feels like they cannot publically support an opposing candidate. As far as I know (and I live in Seattle) the houses with the addresses have NOT been attacked yet, if at all. I can only hope they do not.

But please, save your "That's how sick these totalitarians are." comments. Unneccesary. This was a group of people who went too far with their beliefs and jokes. We all have jokes, they just had access to publicizing it. And calling all democrats totalitarians is ridiculous.

Democrats and Republicans BOTH need to learn not to have such hateful differences. Compared to the world, we are so similar in beliefs. This hatefulness only brings us backwards in the political world. Differences in opinions are good and natural but being spiteful and vindictive, somehting that happens in BOTH parties, is something that needs to end.

Posted by: Olivia at November 2, 2008 10:22 AM

PEOPLE. This is NO TIME for racist comments and finger pointing.

1) Please give me some examples to when the left trampled and took away your rights? Is it when we took away your right to a gay marriage? Or when you wanted an abortion and we said it wasn't godly? OH WAIT. That was the republicans who did that!

No one threatened you. Play the sympathy card elsewhere. There has been little to zero violence over this election and the amount is equally divided; you are in as much 'danger' as I, a democrat, am.

Obamassiah.
or it'll be the much worse "we was robbed, get whitey".
please save your racist comments for your household and not thrown about on the internet.

Posted by: Olivia at November 2, 2008 10:39 AM