« Barry Has a Bracelet Too | Main | Defective Brains Make the Elderly Too Racist to Vote for Obama »

September 29, 2008

Confessions of a Palin Hater

The psychiatric community should devote more attention to Palin Derangement Syndrome, an intellectually debilitating disease. A moonbat writes to Salon's Cary Tennis confessing that his reaction to Sarah Palin

was immediate, visceral, and indeed, vicious. I have crossed every line I believed should never be crossed in public discourse — I have criticized not only her policies and her record, but her hair, her personal style, her accent, her abilities as a mother, etc. I've also begun to suffer personally and professionally. I bore my friends with my constant tirades against her, and am constantly distracted from my work by my need to continually update myself on the latest criticism, and indeed, ridicule, of her. In my hatred for her, I have begun to hate myself.

The moonbat pleads for help, but all Tennis can do is shovel out paragraph after paragraph of pretentious pseudo-psychological nuance apparently meant to explain how he managed to convince himself that Palin is his intellectual inferior. Tragically, the PDS bug has bit him too. Both are clearly in need of professional help.

On a tip from Byron.

Posted by Van Helsing at September 29, 2008 9:44 AM

Comments

I have begun to hate myself.

Begun?

From the sound of things, that's a bit like Clay Aiken saying, "I've begun to notice men."

Posted by: V the K at September 29, 2008 9:53 AM

Who in our lifetime has made the right this pshychologically defective? Clinton? Although there was animosity toward him (even still) there was never this derangement, never. Carter? He was more pitied for the fool and nitwit rather than hated. The left has now disguingished themselves as a bunch of hateful human beings that can't be trusted in any position of power. Do you actually think if these whacked out insane libs hate Americans this much that they will blink an eye if a terrorist blows up Chicago? Hell no. McCain better run ads all the way up to November citing this abject hatred on the left and why they can never be in any leadership position before Hussein and his allies begin shooting their AK 47's in the air the next time there is a terrorist attack here in America. This ain't no joke. The left can rise to power.

Posted by: Moonbat Inspector General at September 29, 2008 10:31 AM

I guess like heroin or alcohol addiction, "nuance" is a hard habit to break.

Cary, stop with the blather, endless paragraphs, explanations, justifications, self-examinations, confessions and all the rest. Have you're reader repeat after me:

"I am a leftist. I cannot let go of the Summer of Love. I hate and will endlessly attack anything I disagree with or that might put limits on my bad behavior. I am a loser."

There now...simple, right? (To Cary's readers credit, they are at least realizing what an intellectual sewer they're in.)

Posted by: matt at September 29, 2008 10:35 AM

Who in our lifetime has made the right this pshychologically defective? Clinton? Although there was animosity toward him (even still) there was never this derangement, never. Carter? He was more pitied for the fool and nitwit rather than hated. The left has now disguingished themselves as a bunch of hateful, useless human beings that we can't in any of position of power. Do you actually think if these whacked out insane libs hate Americans this much that they will blink an eye if a terrorist blows up Chicago? Hell no. McCain better run ads all the way up to November citing this abject hatred on the left and why they can never be in any leadership position before Hussein and his allies begin shooting their AK 47's in the air the next time there is a terrorist attack here in America.

P.S. Who was it that was caught with urine, feces and other disgusting fluids ready to strike the RNC convention. Ah yes, the mentally deficient left. The traitors that they are.

Posted by: Moonbat Inspector General at September 29, 2008 10:36 AM

I had the same reaction to Joe Biden.

No, wait, no I didn't. I don't much care about either VP candidate; it's the top of the ticket that matters to me, and I don't hate any of the candidates. I agree with some, disagree with others, but don't hate any of them.

It's hard to imagine why lefties have such violent reactions to people. So young Cary disagrees with Palin. OK. Does that make Palin the Anti-Christ? (The Anti-Marx?) Or just someone with whom Cary disagrees?

Seriously, I sometimes wonder why leftism seems to exert a siren call to the mentally unbalanced.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at September 29, 2008 10:42 AM

Sad to report that the woman in my story has been found dead, although no one seems to care. Apparently she became so deranged over Sarah Palin that she was found with her head up a moose's rectum. Rectum? It literally killed 'em.

Posted by: Cary Tennis at September 29, 2008 10:52 AM

Did some one mention rectum?

Posted by: Barney Frank at September 29, 2008 10:56 AM

Whew! And I felt guilty for despising Hillary..

er,... moose rectum? Damn! You never know what to expect here!

Posted by: Dwaine at September 29, 2008 11:12 AM

The Left has a million and one reasons to hate people. It's gonna destroy them.

Posted by: Kevin R at September 29, 2008 1:11 PM

I love Palin as much as the Left hates her. I suffer from Palin Infatuation Syndrome.

So it all evens out in the end. Same thing with Reagan. The left was batshit crazy about hating on Reagan, but we just loved on him so much it didn't matter.

Posted by: Exit Strategy at September 29, 2008 1:20 PM

It's like vampires recoiling from holy water. The reaction was immediate and absolutely off the scale. Deep down, if they were capable of acknowledging the possibility, they know good and well she was an absolute ace selection and they fear it as another nail in the coffin. They have to do whatever they think it will take, and have long since shed any dignity they ever had.

I must admit I hate the post turtle almost as much, but this has developed over time, and based on what he is and stands for as it has come to light. I take his absurd candidacy as a personal insult from the DNC presuming so much on winning and seeing just how much of an absolute SCHMUCK they think they can get taken seriously.

Posted by: Mr Evilwrench at September 29, 2008 2:44 PM

Help is on the way. He can participate in the "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes: Men's March to Stop Rape, Sexual Assault, and Gender Violence." I read about this in the popular Albuquerque Magazine, and thought at first it was a joke (see photos in linked site). Then it turns out this is a nationwide effort. Once again, in the America of 2008, reality overtakes satire.

Posted by: AWOL Civilization at September 29, 2008 4:16 PM

Probibly one of those eco-freaks who reads AL GORES books listens and watches his junk science movie give or belong to the dumb eco-freak groups like GREENPEACE,FREINDS OF THE EARTH,SIERRA CLUB and still thinks the earth is flat like those idiots from THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY do

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at September 29, 2008 7:13 PM

"Who was it that was caught with urine, feces and other disgusting fluids ready to strike the RNC convention."
If you're referring to those anarchist scumbags caught in the pre- convention raids, the police found more than just stored urine and feces:
The anarchists had an arsenal of basic weapons there, such as Molotov cocktails, slingshots, machetes, throwing knives, hatchets, and a compound bow with a full set of arrows.
Boy, those ultra- liberals sure are all about peace and tolerance, aren't they?

Posted by: Adam at September 29, 2008 7:23 PM

Liberals always like the chant MAKE LOVE NOT WAR MAKE FREINDS NOT ENEMIES but they sure dont practice it BECUASE THEIR THE ONES THAT ARE INTOLERENT

Posted by: Spurwing Plover at September 30, 2008 6:33 AM

"In my hatred for her, I have begun to hate myself."

Think she may project much? That seems to be the operative malfunction in the liberal brain, projection.

Posted by: Anonymous at September 30, 2008 3:52 PM