« FBI Has the Goods on Monica Conyers | Main | Harry Reid Joins the Moonbattery Gallery »

July 7, 2008

British Toddlers Required to Like Foreign Food

Monty Python in its prime would have been at a loss to outdo the self-parody into which Britain's totalitarian political correctness has descended. In the name of combating "racism," toddlers are now required to like foreign foods:

The National Children's Bureau, which receives £12 million a year, mainly from Government funded organisations, has issued guidance to play leaders and nursery teachers advising them to be alert for racist incidents among youngsters in their care.
This could include a child of as young as three who says "yuk" in response to being served unfamiliar foreign food.

The NCB advises that such incidents must be punished; otherwise, "the lack of censure may indicate to the child that there is nothing unacceptable about such attitudes." Nurseries are urged to report all such thought crimes to local councils.

The next step will be the banning of native British foods, lest children prefer them to Pakistani fare.

fish-and-chips.jpg
Britons are advised to enjoy their own food while they can.

On tips from V the K and Wiggins.

Posted by Van Helsing at July 7, 2008 8:54 AM

certkiller - http://www.certkiller.com/CCNA-Security-certification-training.htm; testking - http://www.testking.com/techking/roundups/101-premium-wordpress-themes-that-will-make-your-site-awesome/; passguide - http://www.passguide.com/practice/ccna-dumps.html; realtests - http://www.realtests.com/admission/CPT.htm; test inside - http://www.test-inside.com/prep/itil-v3-foundation.htm

Comments

Holy Cow!!! Have the Brits gone totally insane???
Mandating toddlers not be toddlers. My son would have died at age three if it weren't for grilled cheese, tomato soup and cheezits!! What a crock!

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at July 7, 2008 9:35 AM

Pakistanis have 'fare'?

Who knew?

Posted by: Jimbo at July 7, 2008 9:54 AM

NBC buying the Weather Channel. Oh great, GE, the company selling to Iranians, propping up Keith Olbermann on CNBC and general being a left wing Global Warming shill network is now going to control the Weather .... Channel? I guess that will mean more Green this, green that, Global Warming is going to kill us all unless we go back to living in teepees and caves nonsense.

Pass the fish and chips please !! I will however skip the bangers and mash.

Posted by: General Jack D. Ripper at July 7, 2008 9:57 AM

Bangers and mash rule! Yum, yum. I also enjoy a good platter of fish and chips. With LOTS of salt, thanks...no wussy salt shakers for me!

I have no problem with teaching kids MANNERS...like saying, "No, thank you" if something they don't like is being served. And as HoosierArmyMom points out, most little kids are notoriously picky eaters, saying "yuck" to just about anything new before it even passes their lips.

But what the heck is racist about saying you don't like a particular food? I don't like Indian food...the spices are much too pungent for my taste...so the above logic means I must have a thing against people from India. News to me!

Posted by: Pam at July 7, 2008 10:22 AM

Well, Jack, moonbattery doesn't pay what it used to. GE's chairman has been given six months to shape up or ship out. Selling out to Iran and turning your network into a mouthpiece for watermelon* propaganda isn't good for the bottom line.

* green on the outside, red on the inside.

Posted by: V the K at July 7, 2008 10:29 AM

My problem is that I love all the tastes and different foods but I hate their idiotic ideas, way of life, mentality, satanic islamic ideas, ugly hairy nostrils and most of all I find the disgusting pigs who make statements about the behavior of young children aged 4 regarding preferences to food being correlated to racism when their young minds can not fathom a concept as idioitic ...these people having anything to do with a day care is a greater crime than having day cares be run by peodophiles

Posted by: cosmos at July 7, 2008 10:35 AM

Posted by: V the K at July 7, 2008 11:39 AM

Also, in food-related-Airstrip-One news, Albionese bureaucrats are at it again, government to 'urge' supermarkets to cut down on food waste. Sucks to be a British fregan, I guess.

Posted by: V the K at July 7, 2008 11:52 AM

Even babies should not be ignored in the hunt for racism because they can 'recognise different people in their lives', a new guide for nurseries and child care centres said.

Racist incidents:
six-month-old meeting Bob's-your-uncle "You're not Mommy! Wah!!"
Six-month-old first encountering apple sauce: "What`s this? Yuk!"

Ah, but remember "The guidance said that anyone who disagrees is racist themselves."

Taxpayer financed stand-up comedy.

Posted by: teqjack at July 7, 2008 12:19 PM

If you put a 3yr old from Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, and South America all in the same room, they will act like 3yr olds. If you put a piece of candy next to a jar of beet-tapioca flavored baby food in front of them, they may eat both, just one, or neither of the choices. It all depends on what the baby likes.

Posted by: conservativeteen at July 7, 2008 12:32 PM

Then babies and toddlers are BORN RACIST! Part of God's grand design. Since when does not liking food mean you don't like the race. Religion is a race and now FOOD is a race. Leave it to half-wit libtards.

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at July 7, 2008 12:43 PM

So what happens if you serve the Muslims ham or bacon?

Is food prohibition racist?

Posted by: El Presidente at July 7, 2008 1:02 PM

Good point, HoosierArmyMom! Is a Muslim child refusing pork racism?

Posted by: Gwenny at July 7, 2008 1:47 PM

I have no problem with children refusing to eat certain British foods. For example, Vegemite and Marmite are often spread over bread and butter as well as used as gravy bases. Vegemite tastes like it is made from salty, dessicated vegetables. Marmite tastes like it is made from salty, dessicated marmots.

Perhaps Marmite would make a good sauce for sheep's eye. Ask an AngloPaki or an AngloPali what he thinks (of course, female AngloPakis and AngloPalis think the same things as do their men).

c

Posted by: chsw at July 7, 2008 2:14 PM

And I forgot - feed 'em all Spam!

chsw

Posted by: chsw at July 7, 2008 2:16 PM

HoosierArmyMom:
Only white babies are born racist, because only whites are capable of racism. Any Obama/Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton follower could tell you that.

And yes, I'm afraid the British have gone insane. At least, their bureaucrats have. I often wonder how it got that way over there, and is getting that way over here. Maybe it's a simple matter of success: The more successful you are, the less you have to worry about basic necessities. This leaves a vacuum in the worry-centers of your brain, which will fill themselves with whatever the next "worry" in line is. This causes bureaucrats, who after all have nothing but time on their hands, to focus on ever more minute aspects of life.

Of course, some of them might just be evil fascists, too.

Posted by: CoderInCrisis at July 7, 2008 2:31 PM

Let's face it. World wide, not many like us. I would tend to think that it is easy, out of jealousy, to perpetrate lies and deceptions worldwide that undermines our society and may bring about our demise. There have been such scum doing this since before the Cold War. Libtards buy into the propoganda our enemies create. I believe it is just that simple.

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at July 7, 2008 2:49 PM

I wonder how long it will be until the first troll pops up and tells us we're being racists for even talking about this story.

Posted by: Thulsa Doom at July 7, 2008 2:54 PM

Mmmmmm that plate of fish 'n chips looks yummy.

I'm going to London next week and I will just have to order a plate for myself.

That's if the Food Nazis allow me.

Should I laugh or cry?

Posted by: Doug at July 7, 2008 6:11 PM

I think anyone who hates evil and stupidity in our society and is honest about it faces being labeled a racist TD.

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at July 7, 2008 6:13 PM

H.A.M - you are right!

And chsw - don't knock Spam! As a temporary resident of the 50th State, I've discovered that Spam is revered. In fact, as a native of the 49th State, it's pretty damned popular there also. (Not only that - we like it!) :)

Could that explain the relative absence of Muslims in Hawai'i and Alaska? You never know. But my advice: EAT MORE SPAM!

Hey - it could be made illegal in the new Obamanation. You should stock up. :)

Posted by: Jimbo at July 7, 2008 10:07 PM

The current Labour government, here in the UK, are facing a crisis over popularity and are in financial trouble - http://tinyurl.com/6m7hjr

I believe that they are just trying to cause as much damage as they can before they either go bust or are voted out of Parliament. Paving the way for re-election next time round.

The thing is, these crazy policies are damaging this country and what's left of it's reputation. God help who ever has to clear up the mess after the next general election.

Posted by: essemess at July 8, 2008 2:15 AM

"As a temporary resident of the 50th State, I've discovered that Spam is revered. In fact, as a native of the 49th State, it's pretty damned popular there also. (Not only that - we like it!) :)"
Posted by: Jimbo at July 7, 2008 10:07 PM

Funny you should mention that Jimbo. They featured a Hawaiian Resturant and Chef in California somewhere, on "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" a month or so ago and he demonstrated "traditional Hawaiian dishes" that used Spam as the main ingredient! He explained how people in Hawaii had made Spam a national treasure in their cooking. I just love that show!

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at July 8, 2008 2:48 PM