« PETA Proposes Lobster Empathy Center | Main | Compact Fluorescents: Congressionally Mandated Environmental Menace »

June 3, 2008

Socialized Medicine Update

Just so no one loses track of what's in store for us when Democrats seize complete control of Washington, here's a little update on the state of socialized medicine in Britain:

A 86-year-old woman was forced to sit in agony for eight hours at a flagship hospital because staff were too busy to treat her.
Barbara Norman was admitted to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital by her GP after being ill for weeks.
But when the distressed pensioner arrived she was told there was no bed available, despite the fact she was in a lot of pain and barely conscious.
Her distraught daughter, Wendy Norman, 46, said her mother was 'almost passing out' by the time she was seen.
It emerged the pensioner had a urinary tract infection and two kidney stones.

But on the positive side, there's equality. Medical care stinks for one and all — except people who are really important. Plus it's free — unless you count the exorbitant taxation.

On a tip from Lyle.

Posted by Van Helsing at June 3, 2008 8:37 PM

Comments

Well, yes, well know that the UK has spent themselves beyond a socialist health care system that works.

Canada is just coming to grips with the fact that this does not work.

The USA is next. Thank god I am still in my earing years and in demand. I will at least have OK coverage for the next 20 years while middle America suffers the upcoming Dimmmocrap solution to Nationalized Health Care.

We are OK, those of us who prepared for the storm.

It sucks to be Gen Y, who are the biggest Obama supporters since they will earn what they vote for. That will be suck ass care at a very high tax rate.

Go off shore now with your assets!

Remember, Obama and Boo will put the 'Black' into the black market to come.

Posted by: Oiao at June 3, 2008 10:08 PM

Van - its been fun.

Posted by: Oiao at June 3, 2008 10:52 PM

Thanx God we don't have socialized health care! Last week my wife went into the emergency room with a bowel obstruction and was actually able to talk to a doctor in only two hours. A mere five hours later, she was in an ambulance being transferred to another hospital, where she was whisked into a room in a blazing four hours.
But then, we live in a small, affluent town. They probably don't have that kind of quality health care in the inner city.

Posted by: Paul Moore at June 4, 2008 4:17 AM

From LFG Cindy Sheehan Campaign Update. She supports socialist health care, right?

Posted by: V the K at June 4, 2008 4:27 AM

Posted by: V the K at June 4, 2008 4:32 AM

Paul, that obstructed bowel thing would probably be a two week waiting period over here. :)

Since I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not I figured I should probably point that out...

Posted by: Archonix at June 4, 2008 4:51 AM

Well, I don't know about the rest of you but the scenario of Barbara Norman has been the norm of my experience, even in emergency room situations and it has been the norm for decades.

Posted by: rosie at June 4, 2008 5:20 AM

It's not the norm around here. Just saying.

Posted by: Thulsa Doom at June 4, 2008 10:10 AM

I received my paycheck today and looked at it, angrily imagining another line for the federal deduction of health care taxes similar to that for Social Security. More than almost anything else, the thought of my paycheck being ruthlessly looted to fund yet another failed government welfare program sets me fully against Obama.

His slogan, “Hope for Change”, or whatever it is, gains new meaning when you consider that you’ll be lucky to see even pocket change in your bank account each pay period under his rule. You'll have plenty of time to count your change though, as you wait in interminably long lines for cut rate health care.

Posted by: Tom at June 4, 2008 12:48 PM