« Columbia Professor Blames USA for Execution of Homosexuals in Muslim Countries | Main | Gas Prices Producing Resistance to Global Warming Lunacy »

June 10, 2008

NBC's Andrea Mitchell Sneers at Redneck Country

NBC propagandist Andrea Mitchell, who recently lowered the bar for the increasingly sophomoric MSM by claiming that the election will be stolen from Obama by the "Katherine Harris-type election officials" in red states, has been forced to apologize for calling southwestern Virginia "real redneck sort of bordering on Appalachia country," where her personal savior Barack O'Bigot would be unlikely to find anyone enlightened enough to support him.

Here's Mitchell stuffing her foot down her throat:

It isn't only Obama who despises rural and small-town Americans. So does the media that has been propping him up.

On a tip from Wiggins.

Posted by Van Helsing at June 10, 2008 10:02 AM

Comments

More news from Virginia, UN busy-body cancels trip because of protests. The UN 'special rapporteur' was supposed to harass Americans for having the audacity to enforce our immigration laws.

Posted by: V the K at June 10, 2008 10:10 AM

It's bad enough that these people are elitists with double standards about who it's OK to malign, but they're always pretty ignorant about who they're smearing too.

"real redneck sort of bordering on Appalachia country,"

Wetern Virginia is not "bordering on Appalachia", it is part of Appalachia. Same goes for parts of PA and MD. Just because you aren't in WV or KY doesn't mean you aren't in Appalachia.

And the proper term is "hillbilly", not "redneck" - sheesh.

Posted by: forest at June 10, 2008 11:09 AM

I like it when the chattering classes expose their contempt. It shows what knew about them all along.

And redneck can be a compliment as well.

Posted by: mandy at June 10, 2008 11:31 AM

Being from Appalachia myself (albeit Texan by birth), I resent the implication that everybody from this region is somehow a "redneck," or even a "hillbilly" (which is the more correct, less deragatory, term).

Knowing you will never take me up on this, I can confidently state that once you blue-staters visit anyplace in Appalachia, you'll never want to leave, much less return to your megalopolis war-zones; in fact, forget I even said that -- we don't need you coming to our neck of the woods (pardon the pun) and ruining it for the rest of us . . .

Stay right where you are -- you deserve it!

Posted by: jc14 at June 10, 2008 11:36 AM

What is NBC?

Posted by: Rick at June 10, 2008 11:41 AM

By the way, all you racist, homophobic red-necks: Andrea is telegraphing the (soon to start) liberal chant. If Mr. Obama loses under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, it will be another "stolen" election.

In other words, there is NO LEGITIMATE WAY he can lose. Heck, we may as well not even HAVE an election, let's just admit he MUST win and give it to him now. (Remember, Barack isn't like normal humans, he's a "light worker" and spiritually advanced "attuned being". No kidding. See June 7th's "Obama the Totalitarian "Lightworker".)

Does anyone else get the feeling that the unchecked hatred coming from the left is cranking up to such a level that we may just see something akin to a civil war erupt if things don't go their way?

Posted by: matt at June 10, 2008 11:55 AM

What is NBC?

Posted by: Rick at June 10, 2008 11:41 AM

Nuclear, Biological, Chemical.

It's very inhospitable.

Posted by: Lyle at June 10, 2008 12:06 PM

Matt wrote...

Well that would be kinda funny, huh? I mean as much as us "rednecks" love our guns and as much as those blue state liberals hate them. Be kinda like remembering to bring your gun when you go to the knife fight.

Posted by: Rick at June 10, 2008 12:11 PM

You know what's kind of funny? The term "redneck" was originally used to describe the British!
It was a common insult for the Brits living in Africa during Apartheid. They were called "rooinecks" (A derivative of 'redneck') because the blistering African sun would severely sunburn the backs of their necks, giving them a reddish appearance.

Posted by: Adam at June 10, 2008 12:20 PM

Remember when Robert Kennedy Jr said MSNBC was a republican network?

matt wrote: "In other words, there is NO LEGITIMATE WAY he can lose."

Yes, because the votes of those "rednecks" (white, non-feminist, Christians who didn't go to ivy league brainwahsing camps) are based on illegitimate (non dialectic thinking) reasons and therefore wrong.

Voting Obama because he is black = not racist. Voting against Obama because he is inexperienced and a radical leftist = racist. Got it?

Posted by: mandy at June 10, 2008 12:52 PM

OT

Here is a journaljism teacher who had her paper cancelled because of a flag-burning story with a cover photo.

Here the school faculty webpage for said teacher.

Notice her Extra-Curricular.
Gay/Straight Alliance Club Advisor

I must really be getting old.

Posted by: Cluebat from Exodar at June 10, 2008 1:25 PM

Mandy, NOW I understand. No one 'splained it to me that way before.

And you are RIGHT! So many of my liberal acquaintances have this guilt thing going...about racism, the environment, private property, etc. Mind you, they still drive, own homes, cling to their own culture (but not their guns or Bibles)...however it's alright because THEY FEEL GUILTY ABOUT IT.

The "guilt" vote would make a very interesting poll question, if you could get anyone to 'fess up to it.

PS Cluebat...if you're getting old, I'm right there with you.

Posted by: matt at June 10, 2008 1:41 PM

OBAMA XLII: 38 FALSEHOODS, LIES, UNTRUTHS, MISREPRESENTATIONS?
(THE FOLLOWING HAVE NOT BEEN VERIFIED–COMPLIMENTS OF “PAMMY”)

OBAMA’S “NOT EXACTLYS”

1.) Selma Got Me Born - NOT EXACTLY, your parents felt safe enough to have you in 1961 - Selma had no effect on your birth, as Selma was in 1965. (Google ‘Obama Selma’ for his full March 4, 2007 speech and articles about its various untruths.)

2.) Father Was A Goat Herder - NOT EXACTLY, he was a privileged, well educated youth, who went on to work with the Kenyan Government.

3.) Father Was A Proud Freedom Fighter - NOT EXACTLY, he was part of one of the most corrupt and violent governments Kenya has ever had.

4.) My Family Has Strong Ties To African Freedom - NOT EXACTLY, your cousin Raila Odinga has created mass violence in attempting to overturn a legitimate election in 2007, in Kenya. It is the first widespread violence in decades. The current government is pro-American but Odinga wants to overthrow it and establish Muslim Sharia law. Your half-brother, Abongo Obama, is Odinga’s follower. You interrupted your New Hampshire campaigning to speak to Odinga on the phone. Check out the following link for verification of that….and for more.
Obama’s cousin Odinga in Kenya ran for president and tried to get Sharia muslim law in place there. When Odinga lost the elections, his followers have burned Christians’ homes and then burned men, women and children alive in a Christian church where they took shelter.. Obama SUPPORTED his cousin before the election process here started. Google Obama and Odinga and see what you get. No one wants to know the truth.

5.) My Grandmother Has Always Been A Christian - NOT EXACTLY, she does her daily Salat prayers at 5am according to her own interviews. Not to mention, Christianity wouldn’t allow her to have been one of 14 wives to 1 man.

6.) My Name is African Swahili - NOT EXACTLY, your name is Arabic and ‘Baraka’ (from which Barack came) means ‘blessed’ in that language. Hussein is also Arabic and so is Obama.
Barack Hussein Obama is not half black. If elected, he would be the first Arab-American President, not the first black President. Barack Hussein Obama is 50% Caucasian from his mother’s side and 43.75% Arabic and 6.25% African Negro from his father’s side. While Barack Hussein Obama’s father was from Kenya, his father’s family was mainly Arabs.. Barack Hussein Obama’s father was only 12.5% African Negro and 87.5% Arab (his father’s birth certificate even states he’s Arab, not African Negro). From….and for more….go to…..

7.) I Never Practiced Islam - NOT EXACTLY, you practiced it daily at school, where you were registered as a Muslim and kept that faith for 31 years, until your wife made you change, so you could run for office.
4-3-08 Article ‘Obama was ‘quite religious in islam” http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=60559

8.) My School In Indonesia Was Christian - NOT EXACTLY, you were registered as Muslim there and got in trouble in Koranic Studies for making faces (check your own book).
February 28, 2008. Kristoff from the New York Times a year ago: Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated (it’ll give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as ‘one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.’ This is just one example of what Pamela is talking about when she says ‘Obama’s narrative is being altered, enhanced and manipulated to whitewash troubling facts.’

9.) I Was Fluent In Indonesian - NOT EXACTLY, not one teacher says you could speak the language.

10.) Because I Lived In Indonesia, I Have More Foreign Experience - NOT EXACTLY, you were there from the ages of 6 to 10, and couldn’t even speak the language. What did you learn, …… how to study the Koran and watch cartoons.

11.) I Am Stronger On Foreign Affairs - NOT EXACTLY, except for Africa (surprise) and the Middle East (bigger surprise), you have never been anywhere else on the planet and thus have NO experience with our closest allies.

12.) I Blame My Early Drug Use On Ethnic Confusion - NOT EXACTLY, you were quite content in high school to be Barry Obama, no mention of Kenya and no mention of struggle to identify - your classmates said you were just fine.

13.) An Ebony Article Moved Me To Run For Office - NOT EXACTLY, Ebony has yet to find the article you mention in your book. It doesn’t, and never did, exist.

14.) A Life Magazine Article Changed My Outlook On Life - NOT EXACTLY, Life has yet to find the article you mention in your book. It doesn’t, and never did, exist.

15.) I Won’t Run On A National Ticket In ‘08 - NOT EXACTLY, here you are, despite saying, live on TV, that you would not have enough experience by then, and you are all about having experience f irst.

16.) Voting ‘Present’ is Common In Illinois Senate - NOT EXACTLY, they are common for YOU, but not many others have 130 NO VOTES.

17.) Oops, I Misvoted - NOT EXACTLY, only when caught by church groups and Democrats, did you beg to change your misvote.

18.) I Was A Professor Of Law - NOT EXACTLY, you were a senior lecturer ON LEAVE.

19.) I Was A Constitutional Lawyer - NOT EXACTLY, you were a senior lecturer ON LEAVE.

20.) Without Me, There Would Be No Ethics Bill - NOT EXACTLY, you didn’t write it, introduce it, change it, or create it.

21.) The Ethics Bill Was Hard To Pass - NOT EXACTLY, it took just 14 days from start to finish.

22.) I Wrote A Tough Nuclear Bill - NOT EXACTLY, your bill was rejected by your own party for its pandering and lack of all regulation - mainly because of your Nuclear donor, Exelon, from which David Axelrod came.

23.) I Have Released My State Records - NOT EXACTLY, as of March, 2008, state bil ls you sponsored or voted for have yet to be released, exposing all the special interests pork hidden within.

24.) I Took On The Asbestos Altgeld Gardens Mess - NOT EXACTLY, you were part of a large group of people who remedied Altgeld Gardens. You failed to mention anyone else but yourself, in your books.

25.) M y Economics Bill Will Help America - NOT EXACTLY, your 111 economic policies were just combined into a proposal which lost 99-0, and even YOU voted against your own bill.

26.) I Have Been A Bold Leader In Illinois - NOT EXACTLY, even your own supporters claim to have not seen BOLD action on your part.

27.) I Passed 26 Of My Own Bills In One Year - NOT EXACTLY, they were not YOUR bills, but rather handed to you, after their creation by a fellow Senator, to assist you in a future bid for higher office.

28.) No One on my campaign contacted Canada about NAFTA - NOT EXACTLY, the Candian Government issued the names and a memo of the conversation your campaign had with them.

29.) I Am Tough On Terrorism - NOT EXACTLY, you missed the Iran Resolution vote on terrorism and your good friend Ali Abunimah supports the destruction off Israel.

30.) I Want All Votes To Count - NOT EXACTLY, you said let the delegates decide.

31.) I Want Americans To Decide - NOT EXACTLY, you prefer caucuses that limit the vote, confuse the voters, force a public vote, and only operate during small windows of time.

32.) I passed 900 Bills in the State Senate - NOT EXACTLY, you passed 26, most of which you didn’t write yourself.

33.) I Believe In Fairness, Not Tactics - NOT EXACTLY, you used tactics to eliminate Alice Palmer from running against you.

34.) I Don’t Take PAC Money - NOT EXACTLY, you take loads of it.

35.) I don’t Have Lobbysists - NOT EXACTLY, you have over 47 lobbyists, and counting.

36.) My Campaign Had Nothing To Do With The 1984 Ad - NOT EXACTLY, your own campaign worker made t he ad on his Apple in one afternoon.

37.) I Have Always Been Against Iraq - NOT EXACTLY, you weren’t in office to vote against it AND you have voted to fund it every single time.

38.) I Have Always Supported Universal Health Care - NOT EXACTLY, your plan leaves us all to pay for the 15,000,000 who don’t have to buy it.

Posted by: Gene Lalor at June 10, 2008 2:24 PM

RE Not Exactlys:

OK, but other than THOSE...

Posted by: matt at June 10, 2008 2:54 PM

Posted by: mega at June 10, 2008 3:38 PM

One thing about us'in rednecks in flyover country, we'ins know a pig when we see it.

And Andrea Mitchell, your a prime oinker!

Posted by: pocomoco at June 11, 2008 11:13 AM