« William Delahunt, Artist's Muse | Main | What's in a Name? »

June 28, 2008

Moonbats Turn Kindergartener into Transgender Freakazoid

Frankenstein's monster was downright wholesome next to what social engineering has wrought:

jazz_jennings.jpg

As V the K notes, this 6-year-old experiment, who despite appearances is actually a boy, is the perfect liberal child — "feminized, confused, living in denial of reality, and demanding that society cater to it."

The depraved propagandists at ABC News are delighted with this bold leap forward into our progressive future, dutifully calling little Jazz Jennings "her" and bleating about how wonderful it is that "she" has been turned into a walking billboard for liberal perversion, so that the "transgender children" lefties have invented will no longer have to "live in the shadows."

Jazz's moonbat mommy explains how she raises her son:

We'll say things like, "You're special. God made you special." Because there aren't very many little girls out there that have a penis.

The poor kid is only in kindergarten and they've already made him into a freak. It won't be long before they start with the permanently disfiguring hormone therapy.

Posted by Van Helsing at June 28, 2008 1:37 PM

Comments

I love these threads, because they almost always bring the freaks out from the woodwork.

Posted by: V the K at June 28, 2008 3:00 PM

I assume the people who brought this unfortunate child into the world have subscribed to all the modern liberal theories of child rearing. G_d help him.

Posted by: James McEnanly at June 28, 2008 3:36 PM

It would sure be interesting to find out what this poor kid's parents are like (we already have a hint, thanks to the article). In the other instances of this (few, thankfully)I've known of, the parents are always a dead giveaway as to why these kids are so messed up. In one case, the boy's dad was a lawyer- surprise, surprise!!

Doug Urbanski commented recently that the only time "Liberals" celebrate families, especially fathers or sons, are when they trot out a "pregnant man" (surgically mutilated lesbian who calls herself "Thomas") or boys like "Jazz" wrecked by dysfunctional parents and moronic "New Age" social engineers.

The only thing liberal about "Liberals" is their perverse, mad desire to get away from anything ordained by God, and they are out to ram it right down our throats..."liberally" and "tolerantly", of course...

Posted by: Toa at June 28, 2008 3:43 PM

This kid will not make it to adulthood, *HE* will most likely kill himself.

Posted by: Anonymouse at June 28, 2008 4:24 PM

Posted by: Anonymouse at June 28, 2008 4:45 PM

Leave her alone. There are many transgendered people whom doctors and parents have selected a sex and are now leading happy productive lives.

You might be surprised.

Posted by: Ann Coulter at June 28, 2008 5:20 PM

"That sad part is if you read the ABC comments there are many people that agree with the parents."

Yep - the same dipwads who would take our guns, our freedom of speech, our Republic, and ban our religion. A loud minority.

This boy's parents need the crap slapped out of them. If child protective services ever needed to step in and take a child from a home - this is the instance.

In-freaking-sane.

"It's a special color. It's blue that looks yellow."

In-freaking-sane.

Posted by: Jimbo at June 28, 2008 5:24 PM

I wonder how much money the school will be forced to spend on "sensitivity training" for Jazz's classmates the moment one of them says something politically incorrect.
Correction: the moment the MASSIVE LAWSUIT is filed after one of them says something politically incorrect.
I'm guessing high five-figures, maybe six with inflation by the time high school rolls around.

Posted by: PabloD at June 28, 2008 5:41 PM

Which bathroom does he use?

'Course - I'm certain his abusive parents have already taught him to squat to pee.

Posted by: Jimbo at June 28, 2008 5:52 PM

I'm pretty sure this is what happened to Chris Crocker! LOL

Posted by: Cartman at June 28, 2008 7:20 PM

Sick.

The fact that they named him "Jazz" was an early tipoff that all was not going to go well.

And so it happened.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at June 28, 2008 8:49 PM

I feel sorry for this kid. Guaranteed heshe grows up to be a tremendous nudnick.

Posted by: claw at June 28, 2008 9:48 PM

" . . .there aren't very many little girls out there that have a penis."

None that I know of, anyway -- and Thank God for that (Vive la difference)! Don't know about you, but I don't want one without the proper female equipment.

My hope is that when this poor little GUY hits puberty, he'll rebel against this gender travesty, big time, tell his "parents" to kiss his pimply male ass, and say "Sayonara" to them forever as soon as he's old enough get out of the house without the cops bringing him back by force. Good luck, dude!

Posted by: jc14 at June 28, 2008 9:57 PM

Red flag alert to mental illness of the parents, they named him JAZZ. Why didn't they just rent a billboard or print up t-shirts to make their personal statements on social re-engineering instead of frickin' up the mind and soul of an innocent child? Pure non-prosecutable child abuse.

Posted by: rosie at June 29, 2008 5:16 AM

"They referred to her as a boy. But kids are very accepting at that age. They believe what you tell them. She is a boy but she wants to be a girl, so we let her wear a bathing suit," said Renee.

5 year olds are "very accepting" and "believe what you tell them". hmmmmmm.

Posted by: forest at June 29, 2008 6:19 AM

I'm A Boy
(Pete Townshend)

One girl was called Jean Marie
Another little girl was called Felicity
Another little girl was Sally Joy
The other was me, and I'm a boy

My name is Bill and I'm a headcase
They practice making up on my face
Yeah, I feel lucky if I get trousers to wear
Spend ages taking hairpins from my hair

Chorus 1
I'm a boy, I'm a boy
But my ma won't admit it
I'm a boy, I'm a boy
But if I say I am I get it

Put your frock on Jean Marie
Plait your hair Felicity
Paint your nails, little Sally Joy
Put this wig on, little boy

Chorus 1

I wanna play cricket on the green
Ride my bike across the street
Cut myself and see my blood
I wanna come home all covered in mud

Chorus 2
I'm a boy, I'm a boy
But my ma won't admit it
I'm a boy, I'm a boy, I'm a boy
I'm a boy, I'm a boy, I'm a boy, I'm a boy
I'm a boy, I'm a boy, I'm__ a__ boy__

Posted by: Double at June 29, 2008 6:26 AM

After reading the comments at the ABC site, I know what kind of people watch this stuff.

Posted by: shunha7878 at June 29, 2008 6:42 AM

I didn’t read the entire ABC story; they had me at:

"When Jazz was two, he asked his mother a question…[He] said, 'Mommy, when's the good fairy going to come with her magic wand and change, you know, my genitalia?"

I’m quite certain “genitalia” was not in my vocabulary at two, nor my parent’s. How that word got “in there” and when, may be one clue. Another may be:

“Troubled by her son's behavior, Renee eventually consulted her copy of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual or DSM-IV, the book used by psychologists and psychiatrists to identify mental disorders.”

“Eventually”? I guess we can be thankful Renee waited till the poor kid was two.

I can almost remember when journalists would ask questions readers would like to know…such as, oh, I don’t know, “Why would you have a copy of that book?” instead of one like, “Proper Spoon Feeding of Children.” Or have all the copies in print gone to journalist students?

Posted by: Ricky Raccoon at June 29, 2008 6:44 AM

When Jazz was two, he asked his mother a question that left her numb and frozen. "[He] said, 'Mommy, when's the good fairy going to come with her magic wand and change, you know, my genitalia?" according to Renee.

Like all two-year-olds, Jazz was already familiar with various five syllable words, such as Genitalia, as well as the complex categorical concepts needed to conclude that his/her own genitalia did not match his/her personality.

Posted by: mega at June 29, 2008 6:48 AM

There is definitely something hinkie about the parents here. Number one, they named their kid 'Jazz.' Number two, they apparently tried to get their older sons into wearing nail polish at the age of two, but it didn't take. Number three, the mother has a list of suspiciously on-the-nose anecdotes about her child (the genitalia fairy, the 'nightmare' about growing up to be a man) that seem to be both highly improbable and exactly in line with PC stereotypes about 'transgendered' individuals.

I don't think those parents are quite normal, and it sounds like they have some mental health issues.

Posted by: V the K at June 29, 2008 7:55 AM

I think mom wanted a girl. All the stuff mentioned above points to it. Strange gender neutral name. Little kid spouting huge words like "genitalia". The bedroom in the photo is done up girlish to the 'enth degree.

The parents have encouraged this.

Posted by: forest at June 29, 2008 8:16 AM

OT: England FINALLY getting serious, taking stock of the important issues, and fighting back....against salt shakers with too many holes.

via Jammie

Posted by: mega at June 29, 2008 8:21 AM

please, child protective services... Do your job! Save this poor boy from his mentally deranged parents. He should be raised in a foster home and allowed to be a boy. If he makes the decision later to be a freak, at least it will be HIS decision.

Posted by: carolmill at June 29, 2008 10:19 AM

Cartman, in the future, please put up some kind of warning before mentioning that deranged, disgusting freak's name again. Now it will take a while to get his obnoxious voice out of my head.

Posted by: Adam at June 29, 2008 11:15 AM

This is child abuse pure and simple.

Second: No five year old could possibly even entertain that idea. They have no basis for it...unless mom and dad are feeding them that idea. Mom and dad are two sick idiots.

Third: If this doesn't tip the media's hand, nothing will. Cooing over this abomination like it's a GOOD thing? If people can't see the social engineering going on here, then there is no hope.

Posted by: matt at June 29, 2008 11:22 AM

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS: SEX AT GLOUCESTER HIGH, "GAY PRIDE" IN MASSACHUSETTS, SCOTT BROWN AND THE BOSTON GLOBE

1. Gloucester High teen pregnancy scandal - Liberals screaming: more Planned Parenthood sex ed is needed!

2. More from "Gay Pride Week": Video of Transgender Pride parade shows the flavor of the "trans" movement.

3. Boston Globe gives boost to homosexual lobby's challenger to Sen. Scott Brown with fawning article. But our money's still on Brown.

It's been reported across the country: Seventeen girls at Gloucester High School are expecting babies - more than four times the number of pregnancies the 1200-student school had last year, as reported first in Time Magazine.

The local media has been reacting loudly, and as usual common sense is being ignored in favor of heavy-handed political correctness.

But anybody could see that this was a disaster waiting to happen -- sponsored by tax dollars, the sex lobby, anti-parent radical school officials, and of course your Legislature.

This really is about basic human nature, and what we all know about the psychology of adolescents.

Consider that:

Many kids in Gloucester are particularly vulnerable, due to the terrible economic conditions there. "Families are broken," school superintendent Christopher Farmer told Time Magazine. "Many of our young people are growing up directionless."

The school has mandatory Planned Parenthood-style "comprehensive sex education" classes. Sex is simply a "choice" kids can make, which the school implicitly encourages.

Girls at the school are encouraged by school officials to get free condoms and birth control pills (without parents' knowledge) at a nearby "clinic".

The school maintains an on-campus day-care center for girls who have babies, which the school says it's "proud" of. "Strollers mingle seamlessly in school hallways among cheerleaders and junior ROTC," observes Time Magazine. There is no stigma - girls are applauded for not letting pregnancy interfere with their normal lives.

The school gives free pregnancy tests to any girl that requests it - also without parents' knowledge. (The psychological message that this sends to kids is unmistakable.)
We've seen what happens

We know of no school district anywhere where these kinds of things were introduced into the schools because of parents demanding them. They are ALWAYS brought in by the sex-ed industry with a heavy dose of propaganda and intimidation against anyone who questions them.

And in every school district where "comprehensive sex ed" is brought in, the sex-related problems always get bigger, not smaller. It's the honest debate and free exchange of ideas that get stifled. And we're only now understanding the long-term psychological effects of introducing sexual issues to the younger children.

The angry liberal knee-jerk reaction

The reaction to this tragic situation by the media and the left -- led by the ultra-liberal Boston Globe -- has been predictable. It's an angry (and logically-challenged) diatribe that we need MORE Planned-Parenthood style comprehensive sex teaching in the schools, not LESS.

Earlier this week, the Globe prominently published this letter from a pro-sex-ed child psychologist. It sums up the attitude of "progressives" very well:

"[T]he United States leads all industrialized Western nations in rates of teenage pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases. This epidemic is fueled by inaccurate sexual information, lack of meaningful discussion with youth about sex, poor contraceptive services, and families, schools, and communities that are ambivalent about sex and disconnected from the real-life experiences of teens. . . "
Read the entire letter here.

Then, this morning, the Globe followed it up with an editorial, which goes further:

"The [high school] clinic's partner, Northeast Health System of Beverly, also failed by not promoting access to birth control, including condoms, at the clinic, where the students' confidentiality could be assured. One hospital administrator was quoted worrying about liability should a teenager suffer ill health effects from taking birth control pills. But pregnancy is a greater health risk to a teenage girl than birth control medication."
Read entire editorial here.

This is pure lunacy, of course. But it's that angry self-righteous attitude from liberals and the sex-ed lobby that parents are up against.

Abstinence education?

Some pro-family groups are touting abstinence education as the answer. We've heard positive things about abstinence education. But like a lot of parents, we think it's probably better if the school bureaucrats get completely out the business of discussing sex with kids.

But in any case, whether you do or don't have abstinence education, the real battle is getting the poisonous "comprehensive sexuality" and all its entrails OUT of the school systems and OUT of our children's lives. At the very least, parents should have complete control of what happens to their children - without secrecy, intimidation, or deceit. Until that happens, this will continue and likely get worse.

As good as abstinence education might be, why should it "compete" with the powerful, pervasive Planned Parenthood propaganda? How effective is that?

The bigger battle . . .

This is fundamentally a war of utopian "progressives" and powerful special-interest lobbyists against parents and vulnerable children. They are angry, aggressive, and willing do anything. As long as they are in the schools, children will suffer.

This is the real fight we're in.

The gruesome and bizarre photos which we recently posted from the June 7 "Transgender Pride" march (during Gay Pride Week) have shocked people across the country. (As usual neither the mainstream media nor any of the politicians do not want to address any of this.)

We've now posted the video of the parade and related events from that day in Northampton. This 18-minute video is a taste of what it was like being there.

Hear the speakers talk about their transgender experiences, including a mother of a "transman" - a daughter who "became" a man. And much more. (You can watch it - at least you didn't have to actually be there!)

Here's the link directly to the VIDEO of the parade.

And as we've been saying - there's still much more to come from "Gay Pride Week."

Usually when an unknown person with no political experience decides to run against a well-known incumbent state senator, no one pays much attention, especially in June before the November election.

So on Thursday, when the Boston Globe's west regional edition had a big front-page puff-piece article on Sara Orozco's challenge to Sen. Scott Brown (R-Wrentham), we could smell something rotten. Actually, the headline said it all: "Gay challenger for Senate seat takes wider view."

Under normal conditions, Orozco, a Needham psychologist, would be ignored by everyone. But the homosexual movement (and by extension, the Boston Globe) passionately hates Sen. Brown. So they recruited Orozco to run.

And the homosexual group MassEquality is raising money and organizing heavily to defeat Sen. Brown. We won't be surprised to see some big Tim Gill money finding its way into this. Quotes from Matt McTighe, political director of MassEquality, and even Laura Esquivel, senior vice president for political affairs with the national Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund, run through the article. Our guess is that there are enough gay activists working at the Globe to guarantee we'll be seeing more of these articles before November.

Article: Boston Globe 6/26/08:
"Gay challenger for Senate seat takes wider view"

Brown willing to stand up for principle

Sen. Brown's major sin from the gay lobby's standpoint was voting for the Marriage Amendment. But he also opposed state-funded sex-change operations for prisoners. And he supports Jessica's Law which would give mandatory prison sentences to child molesters. To top it off, Sen. Brown really irritated the Bay Windows crowd by condemning vulgar sexual statements by local high school students. So in the eyes of the homosexual movement, Brown's got to go at any cost.

Gay lobby vs pro-family: not a great track record

But it won't be a cakewalk for them. Four years ago in the special election they ran Angus McQuilkin, now executive director of Planned Parenthood, against Brown. The gay lobby put an enormous effort into it, but were unable to beat Brown, who is both popular and in-tune with the district.

In fact, despite their swagger, the homosexual lobby has an abysmal record of unseating pro-family incumbents. They've tried several times over the years and failed. Granted, in 2004, Carl Sciortino was able to get by Rep. Vinnie Ciampa in the Democratic primary, but that's because Vinnie wasn't paying attention and didn't campaign very hard. And even with that, the gay lobby had to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars to pull it off and only beat Vinnie by 94 votes. But in every other direct challenge -- pro-homosexual challenger vs pro-family incumbent -- the incumbent won, even when lots of out-of-state homosexual money and volunteers came in to help.

But still - Scott Brown still needs everyone's help, and we are encouraging people to vigorously support his campaign. Let's give the special-interests another defeat!

As the Globe's article observes, "Orozco said that protecting gay rights is one of her top four priorities, along with healthcare, education, and the economy."

Right. Just what we need.

You can contact Sen. Brown via his website: www.scottbrown.com/

This is your movement! Our funding comes from individuals. Please consider a donation.

Donations can also be mailed to: MassResistance, PO Box 1612, Waltham, MA 02454
ALL donations are confidential. MassResistance does not sell or lend any of its lists.

Contact us if you want to get involved.

Also, check out the MassResistance blog (for even more in-depth coverage)!

Posted by: Gene Lalor at June 29, 2008 12:31 PM

That unfortunate child should be removed from that home immediately.
As said above, what is being done to that poor kid is child abuse, pure and simple!
It makes me want to puke!

Posted by: Shooter1001 at June 29, 2008 12:40 PM

Well, it may be freakish. Or maybe it's none of your damn business how they raise their kid.

EITHER WAY IT'S A FREE COUNTRY. I can't believe I'm hearing people on this board talking about forcibly removing children because they don't like the parents' politics.

IT'S A FREE COUNTRY. You can raise your children however you want. Remember your own principles and don't get all socialist about telling other people how to behave.

Posted by: Josh at June 29, 2008 4:25 PM

"First: NO, there isn't such a thing as TRANSGENDER. You aren't a woman in a man's body or vice versa. You are mentally ill. Period."

Actually, transgender people are gender variant people, not necessarily women in men's bodies or vice versa - and do exist. Even transsexual people exist - they are people who want to or already have altered their genitalia or secondary sex characteristics.

Transgender people may or may not be mentally ill, but that's not the end of the story. Transgender people are, first and foremost, people, with feelings, jobs, educations, friendships, and everything else other people have.

Posted by: Mykell at June 29, 2008 4:41 PM

"Transgender" was origonaly coined to refer to people who have had a SEX CHANGE OPERATION. Now, thanks to Liberals, it is used to lable people who dress as the other sex, have mannerisms like the other sex, or merely wonder what it's like to be the opposit sex. If anyone exhibits any of these traits, you will start DEMANDING that everyone treat him or her as the opposit sex and bully the poor person into "embrasing their true sex", even to the point of pressuring them into having a sex change operation.

You Liberals don't help these people, you just give them psycological problems!

Posted by: KHarn at June 29, 2008 5:17 PM

I make an exception for child abuse, Josh. Putting the kid on hormone therapy at 12 or 13 years old as they intend to do qualifies in my book.

The parents have made this decision, and are saying it was actually the 5 year old's decision. I got news for these idiots. 5 year old kids are not adults. They have parents to give them guidance, and in some cases protect them from the outside world or from themselves. That's what responsible parents do.

5 year olds are kids, and parents are adults. Just thought I'd state the obvious because moonbats so often think kids are grownups and grown-ups are kids.

Posted by: forest at June 29, 2008 5:24 PM

Yeah, so are serial killers.

Posted by: V the K at June 29, 2008 5:39 PM

It's not "politics" josh - it's a life at stake - one of God's children.

I invite you to read Mathew 19:14:

"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

To alter that course deserves hell, josh.

Posted by: Jimbo at June 29, 2008 6:25 PM

"Remember your own principles and don't get all socialist about telling other people how to behave."

So don't get all socialist and tell us what to say or how to behave, Josh...man, what a stupe...!

Posted by: Toa at June 29, 2008 7:11 PM

Hi;

May I interject a real life situation. I’d like to hear your guidance on this.

My mother was given a drug to take to lessen the chance of miscarriage and promote healthy babies — that’s what the doctor told her. The drug is Diethylstilbestrol, or DES. In male fetuses, it feminizes the brains of one in five of us ‘DES sons’.

I finally came to terms with this, and realized my choice was transition or die. So, I’m now a male-to-female transsexual who’s had ‘the operation.’ I’ve changed all my legal paperwork and although I still have a male body with XY chromosomes, it has been retrofitted to approximate female anatomy, which is good because if I ever end up in an accident, there will be no ’surprise’ for the first responders.

I ‘pass’ very well, thank you. Only rarely do strangers figure out I was not born this way. Most people have to be told, by me, or, more often, by someone else who just has to ‘drop the bomb.’

So my question to you is — knowing what you know now about me, and assuming for the moment you get absolute power to label me and make determinations on where I can and can't go —

-Which restroom and changing facility do you feel I, a male-to-female transsexual, should use when in public spaces?

-Am I immoral?

-Am I a paedophile?

-Am I tearing down western society in support of a deviant agenda?

-Am I selfish?

I eagerly await your responses;

Hazumu Osaragi

Posted by: Hazumu Osaragi at June 29, 2008 9:40 PM

Living forever or dying forever is a choice - just as God meant it to be.

Yes, it is that simple.

So simple a child can understand.

That's His promise.

So simple a child can understand.

For Christians, it ends there. No argument.

Posted by: Jimbo at June 29, 2008 9:42 PM

H.O. - it's my opinion you are a lying troll.

Liars go to hell. IMO.

Posted by: Jimbo at June 29, 2008 9:45 PM

First, if H.O. is legit, then it's a birth defect due to drugs. This is ULTRA rare at best, and should be dealt with on a case by case basis.

Virtually none of the "transgender" people we hear about fall into the above catagory. In any case, it's an aberration, a disorder and should be treated as such. Not something to be celebrated, any more than you'd celebrate a hair lip or missing limb.

We should treat all people with respect, but you don't elevate a mental disorder or birth defect to the level of "alternative lifestyle". (I also know these people recruit confused teens. I knew one girl who was depressed and troubled...she was talked into thinking she was a male in a female body [by her high school gay/lesbian/transgender/transexual club no less] and wanted...at 16...to have a sex change. She wound up attempting suicide several times.)

Lastly, you don't live in a totalitarian state if children are protected from abuse. Hey, you want to raise your kid to be a liberal or vegetarian or whatever...that's your business. But when you start foisting a sickness on him or her, you crossed the line. Once they're 18, it's up to them. But a FIVE YEAR OLD CANNOT BE SEXUALIZED IN THIS WAY!

Posted by: matt at June 29, 2008 10:30 PM

So lemme get this straight...

When an adult person with XY chromosomes and a penis, but is attracted to men, is told that he is a man and pays to voluntarily undergo religious counseling to reject his unnatural tendncies... That is an infringement of rights.

But brainwash a perfectly normal 6-year old boy into thinking he's a girl who likes boys, and that's progressivity?!!

Posted by: BURNING HOT at June 29, 2008 10:56 PM

I know I've said it before, but why is it the "compassionate" PC response to "transgendered" people is to subject their bodies to chemical and surgical mutilation and their lives to a lifetime of freakdom? Why is it considered barbaric to suggest that many more could be possibly be helped by a course of treatment that would help them understand, accept, appreciate, and ultimately love the beautiful bodies God blessed them with?

As I've also said earlier, I think the parents are the real freaks in this story. C'mon, 'Jazz,' nail polish on two year old boys, precocious toddlers asking about 'genitalia faeries.' This smells.

Posted by: V the K at June 30, 2008 2:13 AM

Gender Identity Dysphoria (GID) is often identifiable as young as age 4, especially in chromosomal XY children. However GID is distinctly different that Intersex which is a physically manifested defect identified at birth.

The human brain is now known to develop differently between males and females, so there can be a lurking physical cause for GID in the brain structure that is triggered at some point later in life, usually by puberty. It is often repressed at that point due to social ignorance similar to many of the posts on this story and many not become known socially to much later in life.

There it not enough detail in this news report to determine if the child is intersexed or GID or just has crazy parents. If the child is GID, is 5 yrs too early to transition? Many think so, many think not. It really depends on the child.

Oh, BTW, I was diagnosed with GID in my late teens (after hiding it since puberty), transitioned in my late 20s and have lived a happy successful life in a swell rural community. I am 46 now have consider myself well integrated into society. Oh yeah, I am not a Democrat, either.

No doubt one of you will call me a liar, but hey, ask me if I care cause this news story was about Jazz and not me.

Speaking of Jazz, how do you know that was the child's birth name and not one chosen later when the parents made the decision to allow the child to transition between gender roles?

Posted by: Denise Anne at June 30, 2008 5:08 AM

Suicide, disfigurement, a life of pretense...that's what results from following the "transgender" path. If that's what you want (as an adult) Dennis...excuse me, "Denise", then have at it.

You can site all the studies you want, there is still no excuse for making this a "lifestyle" choice. If someone is sick we attempt to make them well, not exacerbate the problem by turning the person into a mutilated freak...and then telling society to ACCEPT it.

You want to take that which is rightly looked upon as unacceptable, and make it mainstream. NO! Maybe a little more social ostracism might encourage those on the fence to try a bit harder to be normal.

For the rest, well...if you insist that you are a freak of nature, then be a man (or whatever) and deal with the consequences of your actions...and don't make up diseases to say "SEE? It's not my fault, I'm a mutant." Other than the VERY rare genetic defect, the problems are between your ears and could benefit from Psychiatric help.

Posted by: matt at June 30, 2008 10:40 AM

Here's Jazz in 15 years. Good pay, if you qualify.

Posted by: Anonymous at June 30, 2008 11:20 AM

Just as Im totally opposed to circumcision of an infant boy (its mutilation plain and simple), I'm also opposed to a child being given hormone treatments. They have no recourse and cannot make decisions such as this until they are adults. When he is an adult, he can make this decision for himself and g*ddamn anyone who says otherwise, his parents included. This amounts to child abuse in my opinion as well as brainwashing.

Posted by: Anonymous at June 30, 2008 12:18 PM

Posted by Anonymous at June 30, 2008 12:18 PM

Elaine: Have you ever seen one?

Jerry: You mean that wasn’t -

Elaine: Yeah.

Jerry: No... you?

Elaine: Ya.

Jerry: What’d you think?

Elaine: (SHAKES HER HEAD) No...

Jerry: Not good?

Elaine: No, had no face, no personality, very dull. It was like a Martian. But hey, that’s me.

Posted by: Lyle at June 30, 2008 12:33 PM

Hazumu Osaragi
How old were you when you made this decision? From the rest of your post I can safely assume that you were an adult.
But this is a CHILD we are talking about, so your case has little to do with it in comparison.

I first heard about sex change operation in the late sixties, they always involved hermaphrodites. Now days, it seems that all it takes is someone's oppinion for there to be a "need" for the change. It also seems that it doesn't even have to be the PATIENT'S oppinion, either.

Posted by: KHarn at June 30, 2008 5:30 PM

I see that Matt is a wannabe-troll. It is amusing to see him trying to 'devalue'me by calling me Dennis. As if some fool behind a keyboard has that enough power to affect me in that way. That sort of unprovoked attack is simply childish and smacks of serious insecurities. Perhaps Matt is one of those 'real men' who secretly desires to be with a girl with something extra?

Sorry to disappoint Matt, but I am not suicidal, I don't and never have worked in the sex industry and I don't take drugs or drink to excess.

Even more bad new for Matt, it is not a lifestyle choice. Had I found any other way out of being GID (and I really tried), I would have taken it. Being liberal or conservative, educated or ignorant, friendly or hostile... those are life style choices. Having GID is not a choice, but how one deals with GID is a choice.

I don't agree with children transitioning that young for a number of reasons, BTW, but I doubt any here really wants to understand why.

Posted by: Denise Anne at June 30, 2008 9:48 PM

The young child actually refuses to accept that she is a boy and has refused to do so since she has been able to communicate. She has attempted to cut off her penis on multiple occasions and prefers to wear dresses...her parents were very reluctant to let her do so.

No surgery on the child has been performed and the only changes they have made are letting her hair grow long and change of wardrobe. Her mannerisms are all her own doing and are natural to her.

Posted by: Someone at July 1, 2008 11:11 AM

"Someone"
And just how would you know that?

Posted by: KHarn at July 1, 2008 4:44 PM

Denise
Did it ever occure to you that Matt made a typo in calling you "Dennis"? Or are you a Liberal, trying to find insult/oppression/bigotry in everything?

Posted by: KHarn at July 1, 2008 4:46 PM

In-freaking-sane.

Jimbo, I agree wholeheartedly. I think too many frustrated moonbats are projecting their own dysfunctional bullshit on their kids! It sounds to me like too many listen to moonbat shrinks and then make "their own reality" for their children. I have no problem with kids making their own decisions when they hit 18, but until then they should be treated as children and deal with what they were born with until they reach a state of adulthood, then do whatever!

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at July 1, 2008 6:07 PM

Oh, and as a woman who was a raging tomboy as a child, I am grateful that my parents weren't like these freaks, pushing me into a different gender role. Since I hit puberty, I have fully enjoyed the benefits of being a woman. And no... I have never had the desire to have a penis, even when I was thumping on boys and playing with my brother's toys.
Lord, my parents and grandparents lived in such a saner world!

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at July 1, 2008 6:12 PM

Social engineering, oh my! Not that imposing any type of belief on anyone, child or not, doesn't constitute such... gimme a break. You all swallow camels but choke on gnats.

Posted by: Anonymous at July 1, 2008 6:45 PM

@KHarn

Matt wrote: '[...] Dennis...excuse me, "Denise", [...]'

Did you bother to read his comment at all? It was clearly intentional.

You don't have to prove to the entire internet that your IQ is firmly in the double-digits along with a solid 50% of the rest of the population.

And I am not a liberal.

Posted by: Denise Anne at July 1, 2008 9:14 PM

Hey KHarn, I appreciate you sticking up for me, but I actually WAS baiting him.

Sorry Denise, but I have absolutely no homophobia (your sexual preference doesn't frighten me, neither does that of gay men or women) nor do I wish I was a girl or have secret gay desires. I'm also not disappointed that you don't want to kill yourself. I AM aware of how screwed up kids are sucked into believing this transgender nonsense.

You folks DO have an agenda (and yes, anon, social engineering is part of it). You take some study that supports the idea of a "Gender ID disease" or whatever and then reason FROM a conclusion that things are as you say they are.

If you want to say it isn't a choice, I'll give you that mental illness isn't a choice. But neither is it something to be celebrated or promoted. You say you tried to get out of it? Perhaps you were working on the wrong premise. You don't have a gender disease, you have a mental illness which could be treated. Becoming the opposite sex via drugs and surgery is NOT treatment.

Sorry Denise, it doesn't wash no matter how hard you try to push the issue. And the catty way you snapped back at me really makes me think you're nothing more than a gay man. I'm sorry for you.

Posted by: matt at July 1, 2008 9:26 PM

@Matt

Once a troll, always a troll. You are painting me with your assumptions, your projections and YOUR agenda. You earned the cattiness for an unprovoked attacked. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I don't support special rights for TG or Gay. In fact, I don't support special rights for ANY group.

There is no cure for GID. Surgery is not a cure and should be the last alternative for people with GID. It is invasive and dangerous. Transition is socially difficult (particularly because of people like you) and dangerous (cause of the violence inspired in some people who, after reading your words, see us as less than human).

I spend years in therapy, explored all the alternatives and none of them offered even the slimmest opportunity of any sort of personal happiness that the worst case of social expulsion that I risked by choosing to transition and eventually have surgery.

Is seeking a measure of personal happiness wrong? If I remember correctly, there was something about the right to pursue happiness in some minor document upon which the founding of the United States of America rests. My choices in seeking a measure of solstice and happiness in my life have harmed no one.

Save your ire and psychological projections for wife beaters and child rapists. Or for the politicians who pursuit of happiness is to squeeze the last drop of liberty our of our blood and our children's blood.

Posted by: Denise Anne at July 2, 2008 5:06 AM

You almost make sense, Dennis...then you go and start with personal attacks. Hey, you want happiness? You think you have it now? Fine with me, free country. You start recruiting confused teenagers and you are up against my ire, pal.

YOU don't do that? Fine, then we have no issues. I'm sorry you couldn't find a way out of the problem you have, and again (serious) it's fine with me whatever you or ANYONE else does. But (again seriously) don't you get it that when this stuff gets "mainstreamed", it's a dangerous thing?

YOU may not have had a choice, OK. But I would venture to say that a lot of men (for example) that have sex with other men in prison are not gay. They make a (drum roll) CHOICE due to lack of options. If gay/lesbian/tg/ts as just another lifestyle, it's a very wrong thing for society.

Now stop calling me a Troll. I haven't lived under a bridge for years.

Posted by: matt at July 2, 2008 11:41 AM

...and I really didn't mean to say Dennis this time. Freaudian slip or something.

Posted by: matt at July 2, 2008 11:42 AM

@Matt

Exactly what is at TS lifestyle?

I currently work (from home at luck would have it) for a global blue chip IT company. I rescue horses in my spare time (and my all spare cash). I even paid off my mortgage early and before the crash came (OK, I admit paying off my mortgage early is not normal). I have breakfast in town once a week at the local restaurant with the other 'regulars'. I am well liked and even respected in the community for work I do around the town. If I truly desired fame or power, I could even run for town board and most likely get elected (and I would run as a Independent/Libertarian).

Oh yeah, I didn't have surgery so that I could have sex with men, in fact, I am celibate by choice (now that is a lifestyle choice) as I find relationships too entangling for the simplicity I desire in my life.

So, what part of that is a TS or even a GLBT lifestyle? How about ZERO?

As I said earlier, I am not a fan of children transitioning nor do I condone it as a general rule. But I guess you missed that.

I don't recruit teenagers, but I have worked with teenagers who recruit themselves. I always advise them to find the least invasive solution putting surgery last on the list. I also make sure they are in therapy with a good psychologist who is not surgery prone as a solution to GID. Children lack the life experience to properly decide on how to deal with being GID and are too easily swayed by adults they perceive at role models.

And TS is not gay, in fact, a LOT of TS are extremely homophobic as are a lot of transvestites.

Just so you know, Transsexual and Transvestite is not the same thing. Transvestites wear clothing to stimulate themselves sexually. This is NOT the driving motivation of transsexuals. Gender Identity Disphoria (GID) is an extremely emotionally painful incongruity between the self-image of the mind and the physical body. There is no known cure for this disharmony. It appears to be hard-coded by some force into the brain. The degree of disharmony varies from individual to individual and a large majority of the cases can and SHOULD be treated without transition and/or surgery. It is only a small fraction that lack surcease from other alternatives and only gain a measure of inner peace from transition or surgery.

There a lots of people who do things for the wrong reasons, including a lot of transvestites who claim they are transsexual and have surgery seeking a better orgasm when they cross-dress. There are also mentally-ill people who have a form of fake-GID because of their illness. None of these people should be having surgery. Many of supposed gatekeepers to surgery in the medical and psychological fields are often more interested in the thousands of dollars paid to them if their patient seeks surgery then in actually helping them.

The vast majority of extreme cases of GID transition, have surgery and drop out. Woodworking is the term. They only seek to lead ordinary lives. They don't go on Jerry Springer, they don't dance naked at Gay Pride and they certainly don't seek to recruit teenage boys into transitioning and surgery.

Mainstreaming is a REAL problem, but it is not the fault of the people with GID. It is the fault of the people who WANT TO WATCH Jerry Springer, Murray Popovich, Sally Jesse, Joan Rivers and the rest of that crowd who use TS to ultimately sell advertising.

Many of us who have GID wish that there was a better solution to the pain of the incongruity. Perhaps someday science will invent a blue or pink pill that someone with GID could take that will undo the coding of the brain and make the need for transition and surgery a thing of the past.

As I said before, focus your ire and your projections on people who take actions that hurt other people. Priests the molest children, husbands who kill their wives after terrorizing them for years, terrorists who would slaughter thousands in the name of some wacky cause.

BTW, a troll is someone who baits other blog posters without provocation and enjoys the resulting argument. It comes from the word 'trolling'. Perhaps if you stopped baiting people first and sought out intelligent conversation then people might not call you a troll. But in the meantime... If the shoe fits, as they say.

Posted by: Denise Anne at July 2, 2008 12:30 PM

Obvious troll is obvious.

Posted by: Anonymous at July 2, 2008 12:47 PM

1. I know what a troll is.

2. You may not recruit, but many do...I don't know ANY teens who'd come up with this stuff out of thin air. You'll say otherwise, but it ain't so, Joe. You giving council to a confused teen makes about as much sense as a suicide bomber counseling someone who is depressed. C'mon...you have an agenda and a mental problem. You aren't the best choice by definition, since you have the problem yourself.

3. The fact is it's an illness. If you deal with it in a way that works for you, fine. But most do not, they lead very perverted (in the literal sense of the word, not speaking morally) and unhappy lives. I've seen the results personally.

4. The fine distinctions between TV, TS and the rest (and yes, I know what they mean) amount to zero. The agenda is "get everyone to accept and acknowledge everything". Sorry, no. One may pretend they're the opposite gender if they wish, it still means they're unhealthy.

5. I can focus my ire on whomever I see destroying society. The whole "accept gay as normal" movement is sure doing it's part. You want to work, live, be left alone...no problem. Mainstream it? (And I don't mean Jerry Springer, I mean having it accepted as normal) Nope.

6. You keep bringing up terrorists, abusive husbands...no one is equating this issue with those, but I'll tell you...if this culture falls apart, our ability to deal with any serious threat will be gone.

7. The gay community has always turned red (pink?) with laughter when they stay with a straight face "oh, TV's and TS's aren't always gay." Please. But, even assuming some AREN'T, so WHAT? I'm talking about a mental illness no matter how it manifests itself.

8. Enough already.

Posted by: matt at July 2, 2008 3:24 PM

@Matt:

There is mental illness and then there is MENTAL ILLNESS. GID is not a severe mental illness if treated. Left untreated, it can and does result in incredibly self-destructive behavior. My agenda when working with GID-presenting teens to to steer them away from drugs and the sex industry and into counseling that will present them with a WIDE range of choices for dealing with GID including not transitioning. What else can I do? Stand aside and watch them sink into the ugly underbelly of our society? I think not.

Best of luck to you otherwise. I hope you manage to master some netiquette at some point.

Posted by: Denise Anne at July 2, 2008 7:48 PM

You almost got through the post without a snippy remark. Oh well. Good luck to you too.

Posted by: matt at July 2, 2008 11:52 PM

Denise, so the final "treatment" to GID is to alter the sufferer's body in order to fool them into thinking they're something they're not? Like it or not Denise, you are not a woman. GID might or might not be bullshit, but you were born with a penis. A brunette might bleach their hair, but they are not a natural blond. Michael Jackson can bleach his skin all he wants, but he's not white.

If you believe in these kinds of sicknesses, you must believe that pedophilia is a sickness. The final "treatment" to pedophilia is not to say "I give up" and give the "sufferer" a fresh batch of kids to mess around with.

By the way, I don't think that Springer and Maury are the one's staging Transgender parades.

Posted by: Anonymous at July 4, 2008 6:19 PM

Gawd The Hate! I'm a 60+ yo TS whose battled this thing all HER life! In doing so, I married and raised 3 daughters. I became a pilot, a Senior Mechanical Model maker for a large research firm, a property and construction manager, and I hold a NJ Real Estate lic. I was also an elected official (Republican) and a life member of the NRA. There was a time when I could bust 24 out of 25 claybirds consistantly.
I really resent being told I must fit some
mold of a whacko, pervert, deviated person. All because all my life I knew I was a woman at the core of my being. I wasted much of my life trying to be what people expected of me. Yes, I went to proffesional counselors. Fat lot of good it did! If I had spent the money on SRS, I be a lot happier now.
What one post says about self destructive behavior is true. Even I couldn't figure it out.
So since you have no real experience with this, why pass yourself off as an expert who "Knows" exactly what the problem is and how to fix it?
The TS world is full of people who transitioned into successful lives as the gender they should have been. The jails are full of people who didn't! What better way are you offering to them? What hope? To continue life as they are? Please just go away and leave us alone.
we'll figure out answers without your very predujiced help. Just sit down and be quiet!
Regards, Terry

Posted by: Terry at July 5, 2008 10:39 AM

Some things I forgot in my last post,
LynnConway.com (succesful TS women)
Donnarose.com
These two links should go a long ways toward killing the myth that TSes are all losers, doing sex work while ingesting drugs. There are some highly successful TS women out there such as Lynn Conway herself. I'm sure that some of the writers in these pages would like to have one tenth of her accomplishments. Another is Dr Marcy Bowers. Not to mention the many other Drs, Lawyers, Pilots, engineers and college professors. The manager of an $8 billion trust fund is also a TS. Another TS dr worked for NASA and was part of the team that would go into space in emergencies. So wake up and smell the coffee. Most TSes are boringly middle class, with homes in the suburbs, steady jobs, and families. They aren't drug and maggot infested sex workers.
Regards, Terry

Posted by: Terry at July 5, 2008 11:06 AM

I thought this was finished, but it's not. Begin to notice how all these guys pretending to be womean are conservative, NRA, highly skilled professionals? How they're JUST LIKE YOU AND ME, leading real productive, middle-of-the-road lives?

Look, you aren't fooling anyone. You "Terry" are most likely as conservative as Gore Vidal...and just as straight. We hate what you are doing to society, and if you want to take that as "hate you personally" then you're as stupid as you are twisted.

BOTTOME LINE: you CHOSE (or in some rare cases are sick enough) to lead a fringe life. Be man enough (since you AREN'T A WOMAN) to accept that fact. You work a good job? Fine (as long as you don't FORCE someone who doesn't want to have a guy in drag around). You want to be left alone? No problem. You want to dress like a woman and nance around? Who cares?

But (hear this already) WE AS A SOCIETY ARE NOT GOING TO MAINSTREAM YOU GUYS AND LET YOU MAKE THIS JUST ANOTHER CHOICE. WE ARE NOT GOING TO TELL OUR KIDS THAT IT'S OK. Not unless we want America to look like something from Caligula.

There, now have all the hissy-fits you want and call me a beast, and run squealing into the other room, slam the door and get your mascara all runny.

Posted by: matt at July 5, 2008 11:14 AM

Terry, why are you telling us to leave you alone? Denise, why are you calling us trolls? You knowingly came on to a conservative website to tell us your views. We don't happen to agree with them. We aren't going on to tranny websites and telling you to go away. We are voicing our opinion on a conservative website.

Posted by: Gaffers at July 5, 2008 1:13 PM

The problem, Gaffer, is that they don't WANT to be left alone. They want to shove their behavior in our faces...and have us LIKE it. Gays had nothing but contempt for marriage until they found that it was a hot-button issue. THEN they just HAD to have the "right" to marry.

Like most of the left, they screech and scream and hiss and fizz and kick and yell until they get what they want. The behavior is that of a spoiled child, and I think it's time to apply a little societal corporal punishment. The left is determined to set the agenda for the foreseeable future...and a bleak future it will be indeed.

Posted by: matt at July 5, 2008 5:48 PM

My days of trying to fool people are over! Now I'm out as Terry, a TGed woman. No more fooling people into believing I'm a man. No more hard line macho crap! I'm sick of the acting. I just want to be me in the time I have left. People who are cisgendered (normal) can never realise what it's like. You can't put yourselves in our position. I'm not a member of any "Left wing" conspiracy. There is no Gay agenda! I don't care about Gay marriege, I think it was cooked up by underemployed divorce lawyers. In case you haven't noticed Gays and TGs don't exactly get along. Actually we never got along. They are like you, Cisgendered, and can't understand why anyone would want to cut off their best parts. Their words, not mine.
You make a good point when you say "why come to conservative site and tell us your views?" It's because you have so little info about this thing and I did so want to spread a little sunshine. I'm not saying you're an idiot or a dope for not knowing. What I'm saying is get a little info before rushing into administering your form of corporal punishment. You would be wasting taxpayers money punishing a medical condition that's not a moral or social failing. This has been here since the beginning of humanity and it's only now being studied in depth. You can't cure a physiological
problem with psychiatry anymore than you can make a sow's ear into a silk purse. The trouble is that most Cisgendered people think that this is only a idea that we get. I'm sorry, it's much more than that.
Regards, Terry

Posted by: Terry at July 5, 2008 9:39 PM

The original subject of this thread was about parents who were trying to address their child's needs. What would you approve of? Beating hell out of the kid? When does that become child abuse?
Were you beaten when you were a child? And for what? Are you proud of the way "My old man beat us kids! He wouldn't have allowed this stuff!" Is that what you would do? I was beaten a few times in my life too! Somebody just trying to "straighten" me out, trying to make a man out of me! It didn't work! It just made me hate the S.O.B. for doing it. So what's the Conservative answer? Is there a Conservative answer? I mean other than sweeping it under the rug or passing it off to the mental health folks to do what they can to solve it. Which is nothing! People of all ages are suffering with this. "So what" you say, "Just so I don't have to see them!" We try to be a little more humane than that, especialy with children. But I know, you'd straighten this little slacker out. He can't fool you! Maybe he's got his parents buffaloed, but you're too smart for that transgender BS. Why you'd take your belt off and show him what "transgenderd" is! Just the way your old man showed........
Why not accomodate him? It's costing you nothing whether she's a he or he's a she! Why do you feel this is wrong? Just Because? I'm sure you can't conceive of what the the kid is going thru, but it isn't easy. BTW I agree with you about the name "Jazz". Nobody names their child "Jazz" unless they want attention! I would have home schooled him and flown under society's radar and told only a few close friends, not gone running to the papers or whatever was done in this case.
Regards, Terry

Posted by: Terry at July 5, 2008 10:27 PM

Whether you believe in Evolution or Creationism, GID does not make sense. The "condition" in itself does not better mankind in any way, shape or form. It is an abnormality at best. A disease at worst. "Treating" GID by mutilating the sexual organs makes about as much sense as giving a lung cancer patient a pack of cigarettes.

I think what most of us on here are thinking is that if this child is really thinking about this issue at all, then HE is confused.

It is the parent's responsibility to try and steer their child towards the best possible life imaginable. Directing their child towards UNNECESSARY surgery, being stigmatized and the potentiality of lifetime emotional problems is one the worst forms of parenting out there.

Posted by: Gaffers at July 6, 2008 3:16 AM

Things in life that don't make sense;
Circumcision, This is a highly accepted form of bodily mutilation.
Worms, lizards, and bugs, That change sex at will.
Life itself, why are we here....Blah, blah Blah!
Lemmings, Why rush over a bank to drown yourself?
Ditto for beached whales and porpoises.
Tattoooing,
Gambling
Anorexia and bulimia
Over eating
Hot dog eating contests
Rabbits, Food for foxes?
Foxes, to eat surplus rabbits
Snakes, they only eat every three weeks, "But they kill a lot of vermin"
Govt Bureaucracies that are supposed to "Help" you.
Tails.
Ring fingers
wisdom teeth
Any variation in human size shape or form
Siamese twins and any variation thereof
In short, Why isn't this a perfect world, or at least perfect in our sense of the word? Who knows?
The answer lies somewhere between "Stuff happens" and "It's God's plan"!
Regards, Terry

Posted by: Terry at July 6, 2008 6:34 AM

Terry, sorry...can't take you seriously.

Aside from just being wrong (and how NICE of you to come here and inform all us ig'nernt macho red neck hicks), I'm not buying the "I'm just a nice, normal, non-radical, non-agenda driven guy who is now a gal" BS. It's like all those "conservatives" that call talk radio and then start bashing conservative issued. It's a scam. I could be wrong about you, but something tells me I'm not.

Be that as it may, do what you want, pretend to be a woman...up to you. BUT MAINSTREAM ACCEPTANCE OF MENTAL ILLNESS AS NORMAL WILL NEVER BE OK. What "Jazz"s parents are doing is ghoulish. I BET you'd have flown under the radar with that kid (which proves the whole point of "agenda"). NO FUCKING KID THAT AGE KNOWS ABOUT THIS STUFF, NO MATTER HOW BAD THE GAY RECRUITERS WANT IT TO BE TRUE.

Over and out.

Posted by: matt at July 6, 2008 11:22 AM

By the way (I just can't let this go), "Terry" says "Why not accomodate him? It's costing you nothing whether she's a he or he's a she!"

Sorry "Terry", the cost to society (not to mention that poor kid) is way to high. When gender, marriage, family structure, education...the fundamentals...break down, there IS no society left. No "Terry", the cost is MUCH to high.

"Terry" also says "I'm sure you can't conceive of what the the kid is going thru, but it isn't easy." For once we agree. With destructive parents like that, he has no chance at all. They may as well tattoo "I'm a freak" across his forehead. Yeah, it's much easier to raise an impressionable, trainable kid as a girl, than to get him help and maybe give him a normal life. Yeah.

Posted by: matt at July 6, 2008 11:32 AM

I find I can't let it go either. This is something that the child wants. There are a few children who are so strongly TGed that they begin the journey early in life. What's the solution? Try to beat it out of the kid? Take away the girly things and make the child a miserable wreck as has been done before? This only comes back at a later date. Once a child has shown that s/he is TGed, you and all the kings horses aren't going to make it go away. You guys with your "Lifestyles" just don't get it! It isn't a "Lifestyle"! It's a basic instinct or something mighty close to an instinct. It's the first thing I thought of every morning of my life and the last thoughts I had before I went to sleep at night and it occupied much of my thoughts all day. I often found myself dreaming of doing my job as a woman. I often woke up believing I had worn a skirt to work the day before and I should wear it again today! In short, it's been driving me nuts for 60 years. Why would I wish that on a child when I know that relief is available. People just have accept the cure, which seems outrageous to some. Having been there, it seems entirely appropriate to me. There is no magic pill to cure transexualism. And TSes aren't morally flawed because of it. The reason the surgery got started was because psychiatrists at the time couldn't get any results with normal therapy. So a brave member of the field said if we can't change the mind, then we'll change the body! Along came Christine Jorgenson and the rest is history. In Europe, they had been experimenting with SRS since 1930. The fist being a painter named Einar wegener/Lily Elbe. Since then, Transexuals have had a cure. It's SRS (Sex reassignment Surgery) It works better than a pill or a lifetime sentence to a psychrinks couch. It's just that some folks can't accept it, thats all. Fortunately, medicine doesn't revolve on what some folks think (Christian Science?)
I never said or thought that you were ignorant hicks and I try to keep my writing away
from that kind of insult. As I said before, the info on TGism is kind of scarce and you have to go looking for it. You're forgiven for not being up to speed.
Regards, Terry

Posted by: Terry at July 6, 2008 4:48 PM

clarification: The message listed by me was not written by me. The message above it, attributed to shooter1001 was the one I wrote. Something got screwed up.

Posted by: Josh at July 6, 2008 4:57 PM

How to Make a Transexual!
In the 1960s, there was a Dr John Money in Baltimore, who believed gender could be anything he wanted. He felt that by manipulating gender with hormones he could make a girl, a boy and vice versa. So when a family came to him with their son, David, who had suffered a terrible accident during circumcision, he agreed that the boy should be converted to "Brenda" and raised as a girl. Well Brenda was a miserable girl. She didn't like wearing dresses and playing with girls toy. She was miserable as a girl. She was a man made Transexual. She had gender dysphoria, artificialy induced by the doctor. When she found out what had been done to her/him, she immediately wanted to return to the male gender. He became David again, but without male genitalia. David Reimer eventually shot himself in the nineties.
The lesson here is that you can't convert someone who is basically male into a female. It goes against their basic nature. And when someone is basically female, only in a male body, You can't make her male no matter how many hormones and pyschotherapy you give her. About 1% of births involve this crossgendered condition. David Reimer wasn't a TS until Dr Money made him one. Then he rebelled against his new gender. Just as little Jazz Jennings is doing now. Children are not born Blanks Slates as far as their bodies are concerned, They have a good idea who and what they are.
Transexuals frequently use a version of this anology to try to illustrate what it's like. Suppose you woke up one AM in the body of a woman. (I've been praying for that for years!) You'd panic! You'd try everything to hide your breasts. You'd only wear baggy clothes. Your basic male essence would not have changed only your external body. You'd be a transexual! You'd hate it. You would try everything to get the right body back again. People would say the most horrible things to you and call you terrible names. Only a few would treat you decently. Most would imply that you're a real lowlife. You'd say, wait a minute, I didn't ask for this. It's a medical problem. They'd reply, "no, it's all in your head". You'd really get to know what loneliness is. And you can't do a thing about it! In the end, you might even kill yourself, many TSes do. If you can invision yourself in that position, then you know what a TS goes through.
As far as the erosion of society goes, There are far more corrosive things to society than the acceptance of transexualism. Drugs for one, Immigration for another. Teenage pregnancies. Too many foreign languages. Too much restriction. Too many taxes. Too much Govt in our lives. If every TS transitioned tomorrow. it would only be about three million (1%) of the nation. The other 99% would go on about their business. The numbers just aren't there to have any impact on society.
Google Dr John Money David Reimer