« Liberal Congressman Roots for Al Qaeda to Kill American Official | Main | EU Bureauweenies Caught Red-Handed Robbing Taxpayers »

June 27, 2008

Amnesty International Hits Bottom with Phony Gitmo Display

Amnesty International used to be on the side of the good guys, drawing attention to the horrors inflicted by America's authoritarian enemies. Now, it is a shill for those same enemies, and its farcical tactics are worthy of the most juvenile left-wing extremists. The group that once defended liberty has reduced itself to touring the country with a phony replica of a Club Gitmo maximum security cell, as part of its campaign to discredit America and whip up support for the Muslim terrorists attempting to bring about a worldwide totalitarian caliphate.

The display cell is 7' X 8'; in terms of square feet, the real ones are nearly four times as large at 10' X 20'. Needless to say, the many amenities that are obsequiously provided to the homicidal vermin at Gitmo are left out of the display. No trace can be seen of the darling terrorists' bedding or toiletries, the free prayer rug and Koran, the three gourmet meals they get every day, the soccer games, the chess, the checkers, the cards, the personal lockers for belongings, et cetera.

You do get to see the orange jumpsuits though, just like at the adolescent spectacles arranged by the communist group World Can't Wait.

World_Can%27t_Wait_Demonstration.jpg
Amnesty International has now sunk to this level.

On tips from Jimbo and Matt L.

Posted by Van Helsing at June 27, 2008 9:59 AM

Comments

They had some weird dog and pony show in Europe too. The photos looked like the Blue Man Group in front of the big EU flag. I'm not sure what they were trying to prove other than having people look at them.

Posted by: forest at June 27, 2008 10:22 AM

It makes "Liberals" feel really warm and fuzzy, like "cool, avante-garde" 3rd Worlders, to put on these childish costume displays. I think Forest has hit it on the head about their real motives.

Posted by: Toa at June 27, 2008 10:49 AM

Amnesty International is more about drama queens working out their emotions than human rights. Their faux-GITMO display allows them to direct a tantrum at the United States, which is safe because they won't face retaliation. They also get to play dress up and act out fantasy games like kindergartners during recess. Later, their left-wing friends pat them on the back and tell them how "courageous" they were over soy lattes at Starbucks.

Posted by: V the K at June 27, 2008 11:15 AM

You'll note these guys never take their protest shows to Cuba, Venezuela, Zimbabwe, Iran, Saudi Arabia, China, or any other country where they might actually have to pay a price for their "activism."

Posted by: V the K at June 27, 2008 11:17 AM

Seeing all of those detainees cruelly shackled and imprisoned...

My heart bleeds. Piss.

Posted by: Panday at June 27, 2008 11:22 AM

What does one do when you don't like the entertainment?

Bring out the rotten tomatos!

Posted by: Texas Tom at June 27, 2008 11:55 AM

Back when I was a kid there would be stories about Japanese solders living in the jungles and not knowing that World War 2 was over. History repeats itself with the Lefties still carrying out orders given to them in the fifties and sixties by their communist masters, trying to bring down the free world, not realizing that the Soviet people had over-thrown their communist leaders and the other communist countries are struggling to survive as models of oppression, poverty, governmental violence and technological stagnation.

Posted by: KHarn at June 27, 2008 12:14 PM

No way one could add to the comments above...every time I think I've posted a good, caustic comment on "Liberal" activism, I get outshined big time...gotta love it:D

Posted by: Toa at June 27, 2008 12:33 PM

They'd better kick into high gear if they want to kick Bush out of office. They only have 5 months left. Of course they think Bush will declare marshal law and keep the elections from happening and stuff.

Posted by: conservativeteen at June 27, 2008 12:40 PM

These people are tools and fools.

Posted by: apostle53 at June 27, 2008 1:26 PM

Once, JUST ONCE, I'd love to see somebody suddenly scream, OMG, THEY'VE ESCAPED!!!! And start dragging them all to the nearest jail.

Posted by: The Watcher at June 27, 2008 1:30 PM

They were going to demonstrate torture with a twelve volt battery and cables, but there were no testicles among the demonstrators.

Posted by: claw at June 27, 2008 2:35 PM

Ohhh... I thought this was a Communist "World Cant Wait" protest.

Of course, those Marxists are such staunch human rights defenders!!!!

NOT

Posted by: Freedom Now at June 27, 2008 3:20 PM

This may be perverse, but every time I see a picture of one of these hooded fools, I have an overwhelming urge to walk up and punch him in the face. He wouldn't know it was coming and it would probably put an end to his desire to participate in the little freak show. Really, if a few people around the country would do this, it would probably be the end of it.

For the record, I've never hit anyone in my life, but these idiots are begging for it.

Posted by: ent at June 27, 2008 3:46 PM

LMAO at claw's comment!

Posted by: Adam at June 27, 2008 5:27 PM

"Drive out the Bush regime!"

Um, he'll be out of office in January. But as Conservateen notes, they really must think that martial law will be imposed and that November's election will be canceled.

However, I have a sneaking suspicion that if Bush were to suddenly nationalize the oil, communications, electricity and food industries like Hugo Chavez did, we wouldn't be hearing so much about how eeevil he is. In fact, the head honchos at World Can't Wait would be clamoring for government jobs to run these industries...run them into the ground.

Posted by: Pam at June 27, 2008 6:00 PM

REMEMBER, VOTE WALTER MONDALE THE ONLY TURD SLINGING PROGESSYVE CANDIDATE FOR CRYPTO-COMMIEIES AND TERRORIST ASS-SNIFFERS POSING AS DAN QUAYLE!

Posted by: Walter Mondale at June 27, 2008 6:31 PM

EU bans sale of small kiwis, straight bananas and curved cucumbers. Will not allow vendors to donate imperfect fruit, and hurts small businesses

Posted by: mandy at June 27, 2008 6:41 PM

NO! NO! NO! Don't vote for Mondale the turd slinger! Vote for me!!! I want to go back to the Whitehouse so I can finish "not leaving until the hostages are released!"

And there's still some killer rabbits need whacking with a paddle...

Don't believe everything you see/hear/read/feel/smell - I LOVE (dead) Jews.

Posted by: Jimmy Carter at June 27, 2008 7:04 PM

_________________$$$$$______________________
________________$$$$________________________
_______________$$$__________________________
______________$$____________________________
_____________$______________________________ |

Posted by: Jimmy Carter at June 27, 2008 7:11 PM

No way folks. Don’t vote for either one of those guys. They don’t feel your pain like I do. I’m blacker than Obama. And it’s not true I’m narcissistic. Jealous people started that rumor. Vote for me me me me me me me me me me me! I’m your best choice. Me me me me me me me. Not Hillary – she throws lamps and hates black folks. I hear she’s a Lesbian. I’m the one you want. I know you want me. I want to blow up some more 500-year old bridges in Eastern Europe and bomb more asprin factories. Come on… you KNOW you want me. I got big hair. Vote me me me me me me me me.

If you don’t vote for me, you’ll get depressed and hurt yourself like Vince did.

Posted by: Bill at June 27, 2008 7:26 PM

Wow! Second Jimmy Carter - that's pretty cool.

Posted by: Jimbo at June 27, 2008 7:29 PM

Ok, who is this new troll with the 'money snake'? Oddly appropro, don't you think, since the libshitz want to snake all of our money from us. Actually, the money snake pegged to the name "Jimmy Carter" is dead on... some of you libtrolls (still living in your mommy's basement) aren't old enough to remember Pred'nent Jimmy "Great National Malaise" Cahtah... or his dipshit brother Billy (the film of him pissing on the wheel-well of Air Force One was classic! And demonstrative of his brother's attitude). Let's put it this way...

When Jimmy took office, I was 10. A Hershey bar cost 20 cents.

When Jimmy left office, I was 14. A Hershey bar cost 55 cents.

My Mom was a single mother of two kids, barely making ends meet. She didn't get a raise during Jimmy's term in office. 'Nuff said about Democraps "concern for the poor".

The Obamamessiah wants to return to the policies of Jimmy. Times 10.

Fuc* this shi*, I'm buyin' gold, platinum, and real estate. Wait it out until the latest generation has had it's fill of socilist horseshi*. Then I *might* invest in the stock market again.... but I'm waiting to see how the election turns out.

Posted by: hiram13pm at June 27, 2008 10:59 PM

I think just maybe some of the new "Celeb Trolls" are here as a response to inept celeb troll Dan Quayle. THAT'S how you ape a political persona, DQ... you take the things you hate about them and exploit it-- not by stuffing your own beliefs in the mouths of famous people who obviously don't think the way you do. Take notes!

Posted by: Thulsa Doom at June 28, 2008 7:48 AM

Posted by: V the K at June 28, 2008 10:32 AM

Released GITMO Detainee carries out truck bombing. Amnesty International, the blood is on your soft, well-manicured hands.

Posted by: V the K at June 28, 2008 4:29 PM

Posted by: BURNING HOT at June 29, 2008 5:23 AM

ABU GHRAIB INMATE LAWSUITS: AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL TAKE NOTE!

July 1st, 2008

Horrible! Despicable!! The treatment accorded suspected al Qaeda terrorist murderers at Iraq’s abu Ghraib prison is totally indefensible! Just imagine: Inmates were forced to strip naked, (just as our military recruits are during initial physicals), and treated inhumanely, including being subjected to mock executions, (ask any Marine about “Hell Week”). Gasp!

They also say they were subjected to waterboarding, (talk to a Navy Seal about their experiences), and electrical shocks, (closely akin to electroshock therapy).

Then talk to someone, anyone, about http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=56643

I think real torture is abhorrent. I also think terrorism, beheadings, “baking boys,” slaughtering the innocent, suicide bombings, especially using retarded women as the bombers, et al. are abhorrent.

I think murdering our troops and flying airliners into American buildings and senselessly murdering thousands of people is abhorrent and if we can prevent another such attack by intense humiliation and intimidation of suspected al Qaeda deviants then it is justified.

It may not be “nice” but nice guys finish last and America doesn’t have that nice option.

Tags: ABU GHRAIB INMATES, AL QAEDA, LAWSUITS, TERRORISTS