« Alicia Keys Promises to Spread Message of Anti-Caucasian Race Hate | Main | Obscene German Opera Laughs at 9/11 »

April 14, 2008

O'Bigot: Sorry You're Too Stupid to Get It

By now you've heard Barack Obama's open-minded views on small town America:

[I]t's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

That is, anyone in favor of the Second Amendment, Christianity, or defending the borders from foreign invasion is just acting out in frustration at being a yokel loser. Plus, unlike enlightened practitioners of black liberation theology, they're all bigots.

But before you go thinking that Obama is some kind of narrow-minded, elitist jerk, here's the apology he issued when he got the word he'd put his foot in his mouth.

[O]bviously, if I worded things in a way that made people offended, I deeply regret that. The underlying truth of what I said remains, which is simply that people who have seen their way of life upended because of economic distress are frustrated and rightfully so.

Michael Goldfarb comments:

What a horrible non-apology. The wording was offensive, as was the "underlying truth." Also, this only addresses the bitterness part of the statement, the least offensive part. What about the implication that white folks seek refuge from economic distress in an irrational embrace of the Second Amendment? Or that unlike Obama, who came by his black liberation theology oh so honestly, the hicks of middle America come to their religion out of fear and xenophobia. I'd think a really different kind of politician would man up and take his lumps.

Once again, Obama shores up support from his base: an alliance of racist blacks who want to stick it to Whitey, and latte liberal snobs who hate all those little people in flyover country.

barack-the-snob.jpg

Hat tip: Ace of Spades HQ, on tips from furballz, mega, Cheetah, General Jack D. Ripper, Byron, and V the K.

Posted by Van Helsing at April 14, 2008 10:40 AM

Comments

His so-called apology was worse then his original statements.

Posted by: UCA at April 14, 2008 10:51 AM

If Osama is the Demoncratic nomineee all John McCain will have to do to win is remain alive. Okay, maybe not even that much. Wouldnt be the first time in American history that a dead man won an election.

"(CNN) -- The late Gov. Mel Carnahan collected enough votes to beat out incumbent Republican Sen. John Ashcroft for the U.S. Senate seat from Missouri"

Posted by: Anonymous at April 14, 2008 11:03 AM

How would he explain himself clinging to his church?

Posted by: bjd at April 14, 2008 11:16 AM

Obama is a very "clingy" kind of guy. He like Cling Peaches in heavy syrup.

Posted by: Anonymous at April 14, 2008 11:38 AM

"Edith's shopping cart gets away from her, resulting in a minor paint scratch. Out of the cart pops a can of "mmmm-mmmm" (cling peaches) in heavy syrup, causing a dent in the hood. Edith leaves a note on the car and the owner comes by to collect the damages. "

Posted by: Anonymous at April 14, 2008 11:39 AM

Posted by: Texan at April 14, 2008 11:49 AM

Two thoughts:

1. "...antipathy to people who aren't like them..." - is he talking about Rev. Wright?

2. "...anti-trade sentiment..." - is he talking about himself?

Posted by: Sam Houston at April 14, 2008 11:52 AM

"Just yesterday, I was cleaning my gun after church and reflecting on how much I hate NAFTA.

Posted by: Texan at April 14, 2008 11:49 AM"

Hey, me too. I've been doing that every day since the steel mill shut down 28 years ago. The government hasn't come along to give me a job, and since I can't think for myself, I've just been sitting here getting bitterer and bitterer.

Posted by: forest at April 14, 2008 12:14 PM

C'mon, Barack.

If God didn't want us to love our guns, he wouldn't need to put that "well regulated militia" thing into the Constitution.

Love me, love my gun. Love my gun, love my God. Love my God, love my country.

It's that simple.

WRITE IN QUAYLE '08 -- GUNS AND GOD

Posted by: Dan Quayle at April 14, 2008 1:06 PM

Shhh! He wasn't supposed to say this kinda thing until after he shored up the Dem nomination. During the general election - this would be pure gold!

Posted by: mandy at April 14, 2008 1:43 PM

So let me get this straight...

I'm clinging to my rights.

I'm clinging to my rights, even though Braaaaaack (excuse me) says things are bad and I should just turn things over to him.

He looks down on people who cling to their rights rather than to him.

Screw the bastard.

Posted by: Jimbo at April 14, 2008 3:28 PM

Posted by: V the K at April 14, 2008 4:20 PM

When the (anti-)Dixie Chicks railed against President Bush while in Europe, I shrugged and said "Eh, that's just your stupid oppinion." When they "appoligised", I felt that the appoligy/explination was more insulting than the origonal comments.
Then comes BHO with THIS and "it's deja-vu all over again!"

Posted by: KHarn at April 14, 2008 5:48 PM

Ken Catalino cartoon here while it's available.

Posted by: BURNING HOT at April 14, 2008 7:13 PM

This morning on his show, Bill Bennett and his "bitter" callers were getting a lot of laughs out of this Illinois Afro-Nazi's rants. He suggested that some of us out here in "Bitterland" do what the G.I.s in Iraq did in response to John Kerry's sneering remark about losers getting "stuck in Iraq". Antbody here remember that photo?? Another good election year opportunity has presented itself!!

Posted by: Toa at April 15, 2008 11:56 AM

I think that chubby Dixie Chick is hot.

But that's just me.