« Fresno Loots 3M | Main | Hollywood Backs Chavez, Chavez Backs Al Qaeda »

March 30, 2008

Planned Parenthood Makes Record Profits

Not all the economic news is grim:

A new annual report from Planned Parenthood shows the nation's largest abortion business has made over $1 billion in income for the first time in its history. The non-profit [sic] pro-abortion group shows the historical gain in its new annual report covering 2006-2007. […] Planned Parenthood reveals it has doubled "excess of revenue over expenses" funds from $55.7 million in 2005 to $112 million in 2006.

This cash bonanza results in part from increased productivity:

The report shows an increase in the number of provided abortions from 264,943 in 2005 to 289,650 in 2006.

Of course, the nonprofit status doesn't hurt. Neither does receiving over $336 million in government grants. What goes around, comes around: $10 million of that will go back to bureaucrats in the form of donations to pro-abortion candidates.

20-Week_Fetus.gif
Cheer up, kid. You'll be helping Planned Parenthood's bottom line.

Hat tip: Free Republic, on a tip from Cheetah.

Posted by Van Helsing at March 30, 2008 11:09 AM

Comments

Bastards! And supported by our tax dollars to boot!

Posted by: Oiao at March 30, 2008 11:38 AM

When I started college, I was indifferent to the abortion issue. I didn't think much one way or the other. Then, one day, I was flipping through the yellow pages, and I happened across four pages of ads for abortion clinics, and all of them took Visa and Mastercard. That's when it hit me that abortion was a business, and people were making money off of it. I've been staunchly pro-life ever since.

Posted by: V the K at March 30, 2008 1:18 PM

Hugo Chavez gave money to the Taliban and Al-Qaeda. And that was back in 2001 - how much more has he donated since?

"Recent high-level Venezuelan military defectors say President Hugo Chavez gave $1 million to al-Qaida shortly after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attack on the United States.

Air Force Maj. Juan Diaz Castillo, formerly a pilot for the Venezuelan leader, was smuggled to Miami last week where he is warning the U.S. of what he calls Chavez's dismissal of the constitution and his ties to terrorism in collaboration with Cuban dictator Fidel Castro.

Major Juan Diaz Castillo

"I must warn America about Chavez," Diaz said. "He is a danger, not just to his own people but to the whole region." "

Posted by: General Jack D. Ripper at March 30, 2008 1:58 PM

What happened to all the politicos that promised to abort the federal subsidy for Planned Un-Parenthood?

Posted by: MarineCorpsVet at March 30, 2008 2:17 PM

Planned Parenthood Makes Record Profits

Should be:

Planned Parenthood Commits Record Murders

Of the 8,750,000 (in the U.S. alone) “aborted” since Rowe vs. Wade:

The person who may have cured cancer
The person who may have invented alternative fuels
Presidents
Fathers
Brothers
Sisters
Aunts
Uncles
Peace makers…

The person who would have pulled you from the path of the bus that hits you…

Posted by: Jimbo at March 30, 2008 4:37 PM

Posted by: V the K at March 30, 2008 5:37 PM

Well, it there is a MoonBat Hall of Fame/Shame (might be a good addition to the site Van), Sean Penn is in the top 10.....

Thor Halvorssen: Hollywood A-Listers Prove Ignorance in Supporting Hugo Chavez

Excellent 'Team America' reference here...

'I assumed Penn was probably ignorant about the human rights record in Venezuela in that he broke off relations with the San Francisco Chronicle in mid-January calling them a "lamebrain paper" over their use of the word "dictator" to describe Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.'

Posted by: Oiao at March 30, 2008 5:58 PM

"That's when it hit me that abortion was a business, and people were making money off of it. I've been staunchly pro-life ever since."

and can you tell me one service provided in America that people don't make money off of? What are you a communist or something? The entire health care industry is a profit making business, dope! That's the American way. If you can't make money off of it, we wouldn't have it.

Posted by: Anonymous at March 31, 2008 1:45 AM

Likewise V the K,

when I found out that American companies and individuals were making profits on our war efforts, I stopped supporting them. Particularly when I found out that these war efforts were carried out exclusively to make profits for these individuals.

Your hypocrisy is unceasingly entertaining V the Coward.

Posted by: hashfanaticFAN at March 31, 2008 3:48 AM

V the K,

I too used to support Planned Parenthood. I used to buy into the idea, that like their founder, they were about education, making birth control available to people in poverty so they would not have more children than they could afford, and giving discount health services to women. They did not start out under the control of NOW. It was sobering day when I realized they were in the abortion business. I knew a girl who started getting abortiions in middle school, by graduation she had been through it 4 times! Young women growing up thinking it is birth control seems to be the norm. By the time this woman married and wanted a family she was unable to concieve and carry to term, her body was "trained" to abort apparently. The last time I saw her, she was not a happy person. I withdrew my support of PP long ago, but regret those years I blindly believed "the lie".

I have nothing to say about the nasty comments made by the trolls here on this subject, except it is so far out of line, especially on this subject, I shouldn't be amazed, but I am.

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at March 31, 2008 6:34 AM

HAM, unlike a few others here, I really don't give a damb what the trolls spew.

Posted by: V the K at March 31, 2008 9:00 AM

Starting to feel that way myself V, now if I can just get past being surprised. Geez!

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at March 31, 2008 11:03 AM

"I used to buy into the idea, that like their founder, they were about education, making birth control available to people in poverty so they would not have more children than they could afford, and giving discount health services to women."

Too bad you went on to breed in filth anyway.

Posted by: hashfanatic at April 1, 2008 2:06 AM

Someone left the toilet seat up again and a big turd plopped out in this thread!

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at April 1, 2008 12:41 PM