« Geert Wilders' Fitna, Take Two | Main | British Bus Driver Kicks Passengers Off to Pray to Allah »

March 29, 2008

Idiot Hour

It's not often that I advise people to visit Google, a company that uses its immense power to close off traffic to sites not conforming to its leftist ideology. But you really have to check out its home page today:

google_black.jpg

Don't you just love trying to read white type on a black screen?

The idea is that Google has "turned the lights out" for Earth Hour, an event that entails moonbats pretending they have attained their dream of dragging humanity back to the Dark Ages.

A still more precious dream to militant moonbats is total conformity. We are to turn our lights off from 8:00 to 9:00 this evening per our local time zones, not because anyone who doesn't live in a padded room thinks it will improve the weather, but to demonstrate our obeisance to envirokooks' antihuman ideology.

This is why all reasonable people are called upon to turn on every light in their house during Earth Hour. Any hardship this imposes upon the polar bears will be more than made up for by all the energy Google is saving with their sanctimonious black screen.

Actually, Google admits that the black screen saves no energy at all. But it does cause eye strain. So long as we suffer for Gaia, that's the important thing.

syndey_harbor_bridge.jpg
Moonbats turned the lights off on Syndey Harbor Bridge. The planet is safe now.

On tips from Varla, Matt B, Wiggins, and Big Al.

Posted by Van Helsing at March 29, 2008 8:52 AM

Comments

I for one will turn off all my lights between 8 and 9 tonight. I love my polar bear steak served by candlelight... mmmm, polar bear steak....

Posted by: PabloD at March 29, 2008 9:17 AM

Check out Tim Blair's piece on this idiocy:

Be sure to follow Blair's suggestion in the last paragraph.

Posted by: Sam Houston at March 29, 2008 9:33 AM

Between 2000 and 2100 today I will endeavor to turn ON all my lights, the washer, dryer, dishwasher, vacuum cleaner, 5 TVs, 3 computers, open the door to my refrigerator, freezer and jack up the heat to 85 degrees. Lest this go unnoticed I will run my lawnmower and leave both cars running in the driveway with their lights on.

Ps. I think I’ll burn some leaves while I’m at it. Thanks for the tip!!

Posted by: Steve from PA at March 29, 2008 9:55 AM

Steve, I'm with you.

If this whole global warming nonsense had any validity, we would be helping the planet by warming it just a bit. Longer crop growing seasons more arable land. Plus, people from the north would use less oil/coal to heat, thereby reducing demand, resulting in lower gasoline prices for my SUV.

I'm game.

Posted by: Lyle at March 29, 2008 10:33 AM

Of course in the end we are all going to die anyway, I guess the only difference it will make is for our children.
Lyle it may be partially true that the northern lands where people do not normally live will become warmer but I for one don't want any more people from the south heading north

Posted by: john Ryan at March 29, 2008 10:57 AM

john Ryan, That's sad. You don't want any more people from the south heading north for what reason? Because you live in the south and don't want to be lonely if people leave? Or maybe you live in the north and you don't like to share?

Posted by: Lyle at March 29, 2008 11:08 AM

Earth hour? What happened to Earth Day? Obviously MOONBATS have a shorter attention span these days. Must be the fumes from the "Majick Faerie Dust" that's going to replace our current power sources overnight.

Posted by: beefeater at March 29, 2008 11:11 AM

Earth Hour. What a crock of guano.

Great night to be a thief, huh?

Posted by: Jimbo at March 29, 2008 11:19 AM

"From the south heading north"?

Last time I checked, it is the northerners who are moving south, changing our southern culture and political landscape as they do so.

Posted by: Kristy at March 29, 2008 11:39 AM

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo,

8 to 9PM tonight will be the Mugging Hour in San Franfreakshow and Oakland.............

I think I'll have to have a big ole fire in the fireplace tonight to do my part, while the lights are on.

Posted by: Oiao at March 29, 2008 12:08 PM

I see that LiveLink is doing their part (Black Screen) on the Geert Wilders' film Fitna link.

Good for them.

Posted by: Oiao at March 29, 2008 12:10 PM

I agree Kristy. People from the south moving north is not an issue - except Islamists and others moving to Europe to fill the void left by societies that have lost the will to survive. But, of course, that has nothing to do with global temperatures.

Posted by: forest at March 29, 2008 12:12 PM

ummmmm, would it not be more practical to have this silly lights out for an hour during the daytime? How many businesses do you go into during the daylight hours with the lights on? Once again the moonbats are ignoring the big ball of gas 93 million miles away as the source of daylight while at the same time ignoring it as the source of global warming...

Posted by: ttevolla at March 29, 2008 12:53 PM

What's wrong with conserving energy once is a great while? Is it only OK when Richard Nixon suggests it?

Van Helsing conserves brain power - everyday.

Posted by: Lee at March 29, 2008 1:06 PM

Dipwad alert.

Posted by: Jimbo at March 29, 2008 2:44 PM

Van Helsing conserves brain power - everyday.
Lee on March 29, 2008 1:06 PM

You're right, Lee. It takes less than the full brain power of Van Helsing to identify and post the fevered ramblings of the moonbats of this world. This leaves lots of brain power left over to do other, creative and productive things to contribute to this world, and pay his taxes, so he can support miscreants like you. Just think of how much more he could do, were it not for the time consumed maintaining this web site? But this site is a necessity, like installing and maintaining an alarm system on the home. This site acts as an alarm system on our liberties. Nothing kills productivity and prosperity like moonbattery.

Posted by: Lyle at March 29, 2008 3:48 PM

I would let my Eyes boil in their sockets before I would ever move North near to Latte swilling homosexuals like John Ryan.

Posted by: xantl at March 29, 2008 4:07 PM

Fools like Dipwad ‘Lee’ Einstein don’t realize they’re fools, (that’s what makes them fools).

“What's wrong with conserving energy once is a great while?” it asks – presumably with a straight face.

“In a great while” are the key words that give it away as a hypocrite. What Dipwad ‘Lee’ Einstein doesn’t take into account is the fact that we are called “conservatives” for a reason. I and many, MANY conservatives just like me, ride pubic transportation to work every day. Most of my errands are done on a 70-mpg moped. My energy-sucking television is OFF 24 hours a day, average. I use only environmentally/wallet friendly light bulbs that don’t pollute the earth through their manufacture and disposal. Without fail I recycle every single thing the recyclers will pick up. I cook my meat over charcoal – a renewable resource. I turn the room light off when I leave.

Whereas Dipwad ‘Lee’ Einstein feels it necessary to conserve “once in a great while” by turning off its lights for an hour to show solidarity with its fellow fools – I have no need, or inclination to show dipwad solidarity.

Posted by: Jimbo at March 29, 2008 4:50 PM

xantl,

what on earth is a latte swilling homosexual?

Does that include conservative homosexuals that belong to the GOP groups Log Cabin Republicans or Republican Unity Coalition [that Gerald Ford was a member of]?

25% of gays voted for the GOP in 2000 and 2004.

I did not and never will until the GOP is no longer beholden to the radical religious right.

Posted by: Lee at March 29, 2008 4:50 PM

Kristy: You got that right! Seems like everybody up North is running for the South as fast as their little legs will carry them.

Got my DVD player and big-screen TV all warmed-up for an 8:00 p.m. EDT start (about 10 minutes from now), and all the lights in my house will be on for one hour (8 to 9 p.m.). At 9:00, however, I'll go around and turn off all unnecessary lights, since I don't feel like paying the electric bill for illumination I don't need (but then that's my choice, isn't it? Instead of algore's. Wish that the Moonbats in the environmentalist-nazi movement would use some common sense like that -- ahh, wishful thinking, I know).

Posted by: jc14 at March 29, 2008 4:52 PM

Do you guys really think I am a dipwad or do I just have a different prespective and political ideology?

Posted by: Lee at March 29, 2008 4:53 PM

“You add nothing to this great Country by demeaning others.”
Dipwad ’Lee’ Einstein, March 29, 2008 4:53 PM

Other Dipwad ’Lee’ Einstein quotes from just today on Moonbattery:

Van Helsing conserves brain power - everyday.
Lee on March 29, 2008 1:06 PM

Fundamentalism [Christian or Muslim] is evil and the Theocractic agenda is to return us to the dark ages.
Posted by: Lee at March 29, 2008 1:09 PM

Van, Why didn't you play Jenna "Girls Gone Wild" Bush?
Posted by: Lee at March 29, 2008 1:11 PM

The casting for this movie sounds more confusing than Father's Day at Van Helsing's home.
Posted by: Lee at March 29, 2008 1:14 PM

The answer is a resounding YES! We know you are a hypocrite, dipwad, and fool!

Posted by: Jimbo at March 29, 2008 5:03 PM

Talking Google, there now seem to be multiple copies of Fitna all over youtube. Either they've been deluged with uploads, or the cynic in me wonders if they let LiveLeak take the heat and death threats, now they're sitting back collecting hits for their advertisers from the unofficial uploads.

Posted by: Ian from the EUSSR at March 29, 2008 5:54 PM

The lights burned brightly at the House by the Parkway.

Posted by: Jim - PRS at March 29, 2008 8:22 PM

Yep Ian, I noticed all the copies of Fitna on Youtube, too. It's a virtual revolt against authority!

Funny how Google/Youtube became the authority against whom a grass-roots revolution would be exercised. Weren't they the cool people just a couple years ago?

Of course Google could just delete every single video that has "Fitna" as a tag, and prevent any new postings of it too. I expect that to happen in the next day or two.

Posted by: mega at March 29, 2008 8:38 PM

Actually Lee, we aren't all americans. If you search for "map of the world" on your Google, you'll find there are some other countries too, and we're even connected to the internet.

Posted by: Ian from the EUSSR at March 29, 2008 9:13 PM

In totally unrelated news, Zimbabwe votes!

Also, President Mugabe says "We don't rig elections" when the opposing side says he probably will. If he doesn't rig the elections and loses, he'll probably pull a Burma. Or claim whitey made him loose. Either one...or both.

Posted by: conservativeteen at March 29, 2008 9:29 PM

Bumbling secret agent Maxwell Smart is alive and well, and works for the Canadian Human Rights Commission. And under an assumed name, it seems.

Human rights body oversteps by playing undercover game
Nigel Hannaford, Calgary Herald
Published: Saturday, March 29, 2008

Posted by: Oiao at March 29, 2008 10:17 PM

There are fine alternatives to google.

Try: http://www.goodsearch.com/

They give a couple of cents to your favorite charity for every search, and up to 30% to your favorite charity on purchases. google can kiss my hairy white *ss.

Posted by: Jimbo at March 29, 2008 10:21 PM

A follow up to my last post - if you don't have a favorite charity I suggest Waikiki Baptist Church (Just type it in). All the money collected from site searches goes to help feed the local destitute homeless beach people.

Posted by: Jimbo at March 29, 2008 10:32 PM

Students Shout 'Tase 'Em' as Protestors are Removed From Rove Speech

Video....

Posted by: Oiao at March 29, 2008 10:45 PM

TOO FUNNY...

MoonBat MSM being Time Mag mixes BDS with FDS.....

Read the rating numbers in their own article that make them look like Asses (oops, Donkeys).

Time Magazine Dreams of Fox News's Demise

Posted by: Oiao at March 29, 2008 10:48 PM

Get off my bus, I need to pray - UK

When Muzzy tolerance disrupts society.....

A MUSLIM bus driver told stunned passengers (UK) to get off so he could PRAY.

Posted by: Oiao at March 29, 2008 10:51 PM

Civilization continues to fall apart in Britain as authorities advise law-abiding people 'don't go out unless you have to.'. The lawless rule the streets, the police are powerless, law abiding people are trapped in their homes. London is becoming Mogadishu. Four million surveillance cameras are no defence against a culture that has succumbed to barbarism and moonbattery.

Posted by: V the K at March 30, 2008 7:02 AM

Posted by: V the K at March 30, 2008 8:21 AM

"London is becoming Mogadishu... Posted by: V the K at March 30, 2008 7:02 AM"

Sadly, the same thing has happened in many larger cities here in the U.S., and the effect will certainly spread if we get a president who believes in systematically disarming the population.

Posted by: PabloD at March 30, 2008 12:45 PM

Oops, should've said "systematically disarming the LAW-ABIDING population."

Posted by: PabloD at March 30, 2008 12:46 PM

"Do I do what I do to “Save the Earth?” I admit that’s part of it, but as a conservationist, naturalist, hunter, and sports fisherman by hobby, I’ve learned the earth can take care of it’s self. Mainly I do it to save money so I can buy more guns and ammo to protect my family and property from the likes of self righteous morons like Dipwad ‘Lee’ Einstein!

Posted by: Jimbo at March 29, 2008 4:50 PM

There ya go Jimbo, talking common sense and honorable manhood again! You know these libtards don't appreciate or understand that! LOL!!! I commend you on your efforts and habits.

"Stop demonizing your opponents - we are all Americans. You add nothing to this great Country by demeaning others." Posted by: Lee

That sounds good in principal, but as demonstrated by Jimbo, not possible when most of the lefties that post here show such an abyssmal lack of respect for opposing view points. It's most definately a two way street.

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at March 31, 2008 8:11 AM