« Red Light Cameras Deemed Too Effective | Main | Geert Wilders' Fitna, Take Two »

March 28, 2008

Barking Moonbat to Play Bush 41 in Stone Movie

Some casting news regarding Oliver Stone's movie about George W. Bush, which they're trying to get out in time for the elections:

Bush 41 will be played by James Cromwell. Connoisseurs of moonbattery will recognize Cromwell as the unhinged and infantile moonbat ingrate who has this to say to the European press:

I can't handle living in the United States of America when I know the last two elections were rigged, and that we were denied our right to vote, where we live in a country where 32 percent of the people vote and even those people's votes don't count, and the people who should really have a stake, kids, don't have any say at all — people of color, very little to say, unions, practically nothing any more …

Too bad they couldn't get Sean Penn to play W.

On a tip from Wiggins.

Posted by Van Helsing at March 28, 2008 10:13 AM

Comments

Crumwell helped ruin Day 6 of "24" as Jack Bauers dad, the homocidal maniac who killed his own son with plastic bag over the head - seeing that dirt bag on the screen was revolting.

Posted by: Anonymous at March 28, 2008 10:33 AM

I anxiously await his movie 'Slick Willie'.

Posted by: IOpian at March 28, 2008 11:29 AM

My casting for SLICK WILLIE the Motion Picture

Bill Clinton - Roger Clinton fresh off his appearance as Mayor Bubba in Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings (its worth watching that awful movie just to see him, its hilarious)

Hillary Clinton - Cindy Sheehan

Al Gore - as himself (who else could play Al Gore? Ok, maybe the Robot from LOST IN SPACE)_

Chelsea Clinton - Britney Spears

Monica Lewinsky - Rosie O'Donnell

Ken Starr - Keith Olbermann

Special Guest Star - Michael Moore as Osama Bin Laden

Posted by: Anonymous at March 28, 2008 11:49 AM

Also starring as...

The Blue Dress - Barbara Steisand

Janet Reno - Ed Asner

Posted by: IOpian at March 28, 2008 12:01 PM

Hollywood doesn't make anything worth watching anymore. It's all tripe and garbage.

Posted by: HoosierArmyMom at March 28, 2008 12:06 PM

HossierArmyMom... no they don't. When the writers were on strike I just thought to myself that it probably really didn't matter.

I do think J.F.K is a well crafted movie despite it being fiction where by the end everybody, including the cleaning lady, were in on the conspiracy and somehow most of the conspirators knew beforehand how it would all play out like the exact trajectory of the bullets so they would have dummy 'pristine' replacement ready for planting in a few hours. Now that's planning.

Posted by: IOpian at March 28, 2008 12:31 PM

Can I play George W.?

I could do a swell job!

OK, it's settled.

WRITE IN QUAYLE '08 -- NOT JUST A PRETTY FACE

Posted by: Dan Quayle at March 28, 2008 1:10 PM

Do moonbats bark? I thought they generally 'squeaked' (like Quayle) or hissed like lizards when really stressing a stupid point.

Posted by: Jimbo at March 28, 2008 1:25 PM

You forgot to mention "bad adaptations of TV shows", HoosierArmyMom.

Posted by: KHarn at March 28, 2008 2:23 PM

KHarn,

You were banned from this blog for racism.

Please darken these portals no longer.

WRITE IN QUAYLE '08 -- KICKING RACIST ASS

Posted by: Dan Quayle at March 28, 2008 5:26 PM

Stone is a parody of himself these days. The movie will be a hatchet job of course; conservatives will decry it, lefties will applaud it, and it will make very little money because lefties hate paying for things and they'll watch it via Bittorrent.

Posted by: Ian from the EUSSR at March 28, 2008 6:22 PM

Chelsea Clinton should be played by Jimmy Carter in drag. First, look at them both, he's probably her real dad and second, it will fulfill his fantasy.

Posted by: BobG at March 28, 2008 7:00 PM

Ian from the EUSSR,
I think if we just ignore it, it'll go away and die like a lot of the half-baked political tripe they've been putting out.

Posted by: KHarn at March 28, 2008 7:16 PM

Isn't James Cromwell that old douchebag from "I Robot"?

Posted by: UCA at March 28, 2008 8:08 PM

I just checked out "W" on IMND dot com and saw that Josh Brolin is going to play lil "W".
I can't imagine that working out too well.
He needs to just think about a Goonies reunion.
I rented "No COuntry for old men" and that movie really sucked. I guess I shouldn't be surprised what Hollyweird will pat themselves on the back for anymore.

I haven't seen a really good movie in a long time. I'm just holding out the next Indiana Jones. I heard Tom Clancy fired Alec Baldwin from playing Jack Ryan b/c Baldwin is a serious lib moonbat. Harrison Ford might be alright.

Posted by: UCA at March 28, 2008 8:16 PM

Aw come on Bob, they did a DNA test and found that Chelsea's real father is.....Janet Reno

Posted by: JamesJ at March 29, 2008 4:28 AM

Van,

Why didn't you play Jenna "Girls Gone Wild" Bush?

Posted by: Lee at March 29, 2008 1:11 PM

The casting for this movie sounds more confusing than Father's Day at Van Helsing's home.

Posted by: Lee at March 29, 2008 1:14 PM

Sorry guys, Cromwell is a very good actor. He was great as the police captain in LA Confidential. I agree that his politics suck, as do the politics of most of the actors I like. If political views were the basis for choosing films, we'd watch nothing but John Wayne movies. I don't know about you, but other than Red River, that's not my idea of popcorn fodder.

Posted by: avalon at March 29, 2008 2:33 PM

What's wrong with John Wayne movies?

Posted by: Jimbo at March 29, 2008 3:15 PM

"you horrid, hocking heifer from hell"

*NOW* I get it.