« Shrillary: Suspension Not Good Enough for David Shuster | Main | Even Baby Steps toward Immigration Enforcement Encounter Resistance »

February 10, 2008

Code Pinkos at the Berkeley Battlefront

Just how moonbatty are the Code Pink activists besetting the Marines recruiting office in Berkeley, with the active assistance of the municipal government? This offers a clue:

Here's Berkeley Mayor Tom Bates, participating in the siege:

tom_bates_code_pink.jpg

The hat suits him. We'll see if he's wearing it this Tuesday, when Move America Forward rallies patriots to protest the treasonous abomination that is Berkeley's City Council.

Posted by Van Helsing at February 10, 2008 12:09 PM

Comments

Absolutely shameful. Those Berkeley people are wrong and always have been.

They were wrong about removing our investments from aparteid South Africa.

They were wrong in opposing the U.S. invasion of Iraq.

They were wrong about recycling of bottles, cans, and yard waste.

They were wrong about free speech.

They were wrong to pass laws requiring curb cuts to allow wheelchairs to cross the street.

And they are wrong to suggest that the Marines shouldn't come into their communities to lure their sons and daughters to be part of the occupation force.

Ronald Regan had it right in the '60s when as governor he had the National Guard teargas his own population to quash freedom of speech.

Find out how you can still elect a TRUE CONSERVATIVE through a write-in campaign in your own community. That candidate is me.

Posted by: Dan Quayle at February 10, 2008 12:31 PM

targeting innocent civilians? What's wrong with communism??? Their bitching about civilians being killed and then say communism is fine??!! They're are senile?? How did we let it get so bad!!!

Romney!! SAVE US!!!

Posted by: ac101202 at February 10, 2008 12:49 PM

I love the woman who says "Why are we in Hawaii anyway?"
That's classic. Ah, it happens to BE part of the United States!
How stupid can these liberals get?

Posted by: UCA at February 10, 2008 12:52 PM

Not Romney! Quayle!

I'll target as many innocent civilians as he would. More maybe.

I don't understand your point about communism being good. It's bad, right?

Annex Iraq! Our 52nd state! Free oil! Go Marines!

Posted by: Dan Quayle at February 10, 2008 12:54 PM

"Al Queda is not a threat"

Tell that to the citizens of New York City.

Posted by: UCA at February 10, 2008 12:55 PM

Although Hawaii wasn't a state when it was attacked by the Japanese, it was an occupied territory that we stole fair and square. Just like we got California (and Berkeley) from the Mexicans. Just like we'll get Iraq from the Iraqians!

Iraq = 52nd State = Free Oil

Vote Quayle!

Posted by: Dan Quayle at February 10, 2008 12:58 PM

I can't find Al Queda in the New York City phone book. Perhaps it's under Albert? or Al Queholics Anomynous?

I want to tell them, UCA. I'll tell them anything you want.

Posted by: Dan Quayle at February 10, 2008 1:03 PM

"Tell that to the citizens of New York City."

You have, and we are telling you "al-Qaeda" is a lie.

You neocons are the enemy within, and represent the greatest threat to America and Americans, at present.

Posted by: hashfanatic at February 10, 2008 1:05 PM

gawd

plumbing's clogged, dipshit's are backing up to the rim

Posted by: Jimbo at February 10, 2008 1:34 PM

Being the brain dead fool that he is, I should have guessed hash would be a Troofer

Posted by: steve at February 10, 2008 1:35 PM

Oh, 9/11 happened all right.

I mean, Bush and Cheney wern't paying attention and ALLOWED it to happen, but it was because they were focused on more important things like an energy policy to get gasoline up to $4 dollars a gallon.

So, yes, Jimbo's dipshits are backing up the rim, and the troofers are just jiggling the handle, rather than taking a more drastic PLUNGING action.

There's one TRUE CONSERVATIVE candidate that can work the plunger like no other. That candidate is me.

Posted by: Dan Quayle at February 10, 2008 1:51 PM

Nothing backfires quite like a moonbat defending his fellow moonbats.

Posted by: V the K at February 10, 2008 1:52 PM

I suppose the U.S.S. Cole was attacked by Bush.

Posted by: UCA at February 10, 2008 2:31 PM

Aww look, hash has formed a new personality! That brings the total to 3 now, I think.

Posted by: Kristy at February 10, 2008 2:43 PM

OT - Minister: Muslim 'inbreeding' in Britain is causing massive surge in birth defects.

Related article here.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at February 10, 2008 3:07 PM

The petition

We, the undersigned condemn the Berkeley City Council’s treasonous attack on US Marine Recruiters stationed in their city. We ask that Congress cut off funds from any and all municipal entity within the confines of the city of Berkeley, California, until such time as the city council withdraws it’s action.

The City Council has voted to tell the Marines their downtown recruiting station is not welcome and “if recruiters choose to stay, they do so as uninvited and unwelcome guests.”

The measure passed last week by a vote of 8-1.

The council also voted to explore enforcing a city anti-discrimination law, focusing on the military’s “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy.

In a separate item, the council voted, also 8-1, to give the Marxist protest group Code Pink a parking space in front of the recruiting office once a week for six months and a free sound permit for protesting once a week.

If you wish to, please share with your friends or e-mail to your address books.

Posted by: Fred at February 10, 2008 4:01 PM

What the heck? All this is about a free parking space? Once a week?

I have government "exempt" plates on my car, as I'm sure the Marines do, and I love it. I can park anywhere I want and never have to feed the meter.

Let them have a space once a week! The Marines can have it the other seven days! Or they can park right in front of it. For free!

Y the K -- I don't think George Bush attacked the USS Cole. That happened before he was appointed as President. You aren't suggesting the State of Texas attacked the Cole, are you?

Posted by: Dan Quayle at February 10, 2008 4:15 PM

Would you kindly shut the fuck up?

Posted by: Brooklyn Red Leg at February 10, 2008 5:32 PM

Not only that... the idiot is responding to a comment that wasn't made by me.

Moonbat and Idiot, they're never far apart.

Posted by: V the K at February 10, 2008 5:52 PM

Ignore the a**holes, it drives them crazy(er).

Posted by: KHarn at February 10, 2008 6:32 PM

Quayle,

You are one big dumbass. The real Dan Quayle is not only smarter then you, but he is a better speller.

Seeing as how you liberals blame Bush for 911 and the government for all of your wows, I (not the honorable and well educated V the K)wrote the Cole comment. And yes, I am aware that W (The Pres) was in Texas. A great state with a fine law regarding capital punishment and a secure public education system.

Now Dan and Hash, line up for the leathal injection and take your medicine!

Posted by: UCA at February 10, 2008 6:36 PM

Just try to ignore the obnoxious trolls, everyone. Doing so will make them angrier, causing them to make responses that are even stupider than normal, which is really saying something for them.

Posted by: Adam at February 10, 2008 6:50 PM

KHarn,

Give me your speel on slavery.
You peeked my interest.

Posted by: UCA at February 10, 2008 6:53 PM

There currently are at least 4 national organizations in addition to MAF that will have people there on Tuesday.

Not to mention Joe and Jane US Citizen who would love nothing more to have a polite discussion with the Code Pink Prunes.

The place is going to be a Zoo.

Posted by: Oiao at February 10, 2008 7:25 PM

Nancy Pelpot - the Surge is a Failure, but god bless the troops. Vomit~spittle.

Guess the Dims still don't get it.

Posted by: Oiao at February 10, 2008 8:06 PM

If you needed proof that Bates was lying out his ass when he "apologized" the other day to the Marines, look no further.

Posted by: Targetpractice at February 10, 2008 8:21 PM

Man, do these people ever listen to themselves? I would be laughing right now except I know that they're actually serious.

Oh, to be fair, I think that most Berkeley residents aren't as stupid (or as treasonous) as those Code pukes. Theres a good chance that most of the pinkos that showed up are from out-of-town.

Posted by: conservativeteen at February 10, 2008 8:43 PM

PS, General Patton, one of the greatest Americans ever, would kick that lady's ass for saying WWII was unjust. General Patton; Hated Commies, cowards, politicians, and pacifist.
Great Patton qoutes here:
Best Patton qoute. ever.:
"Americans do not surrender."

Posted by: conservativeteen at February 10, 2008 8:54 PM

So Has is now Quail - !

Martha! Hand me that dand darnd 12 Guage, I'm shootin Quail.

Quail, I be a flushin ya and you ass is grass, SON!

Posted by: Oiao at February 10, 2008 9:16 PM

Hey hey hey hey HEY. Are you telling me... to SHUT UP?

I've got to admit I'm a bit confused. Are we FOR the free speech rights of the Marines? Or AGAINST the free speech rights of the City of Berkeley? Or against the ideas expressed by ANYONE, even the TRUE CONSERVATIVES within the Rupublican PartY?

Are we really that far gone? Is Mike Huckabee the best we can do? Are we willing to devour our own offspring?

Ronald Reagan must be rolling in his coffin. And wondering what movie he's watching.

I didn't want it to come to this. But I'm giving this thread a triple tsk. Don't try to stop me. My mind is made up.

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

Posted by: Dan Quayle at February 10, 2008 11:14 PM

Or AGAINST the free speech rights of the City of Berkeley?

Posted by: Brooklyn Red Leg at February 11, 2008 12:45 AM

Quail ... you ass is grass, SON!

don't say that, hashfanatic will be all over him!

Posted by: Archonix at February 11, 2008 4:26 AM

Man, that was one serious Hash-trip. Must have been a mushroom that fell into the hash bag!

He's friggin hallucinating and speaking gibberish in multiple personalities.

Mellow out dude. When you're sober, use the name your parents gave you and post like a sane human being. You remember your parents, Freddie Mercury and Elton John?

Posted by: Doug at February 11, 2008 6:35 AM

See you guys at the meeting tomorrow.
I'll be the one scraping hash off my boot.

Posted by: UCA at February 11, 2008 8:38 AM

Because of threat on my life in this blog, my security detachment has advised me not to participate in the Berkeley rally.

It appears that the right-wing nut job branch of the Republican Party will ruin the political power of the event for the other 20 percent of us.

We need to get that militia "well regulated" before it's too late.

Vote Quayle.

Posted by: Dan Quayle at February 11, 2008 9:14 AM

"UCA at February 10, 2008 6:53 PM"

You asked for it.
The "14th Ammendment" to the US Constitution is a great "civil rights" thing, right? Well, it would be if it were LEAGAL.
In order to pass it, the Yankee-dominated congress declaired that the Southern states were NOT part of the union! (something WE had been trying to tell them through the whole damn war) The problem is, that that OFFICIAL decision was vetoed by President Andrew Johnson who said that it INVALIDATES THE 13TH AMMENDMENT which outlawed slavery in the US.
The reason is clear: The Southern representitivesto Congress had VOTED ON that ammendment (It would not have passed if not for southern support) and the Southern States had voted on ratification for the bill. Again, it was southern support that tipped the votes in it's favor.
When the South refused to ratify the "14th ammendment" (Something only a RECOGNISED STATE OF THE UNION COULD DO), the yankees said that it was law (Even though Ohio, Oregon and New Jersey recended their ratifications) and said that the southern state had to RITIFY the "ammendment" in order to GET BACK INTO THE UNION. (Clearly, this is official recognition of the right of seccession and the CSA)
Since this decision has never been reversed, we are left with two possibilities:
ONE: The South was legally brought back into the union through war, in which case, the 14th ammendment was passed through illeagal means and the 13th ammendment is leagal and the "reconstruction" of the South was just a continuation of the war.
TWO: Congress was correct in declairing that the South was not part of the union and the 14th was passed leagaly in which case, the 13th ammendment was voted on and ratified by people who were NOT CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES and is thus null and void, meaning that slavery is STILL LEAGAL, the South is now occupied FORIGNE territory and the "civil war" was fought for NOTHING.

This is from the New Jersey Journal of Law, 1958 or '59, I don't have the reffrence with me.

Posted by: KHarn at February 11, 2008 2:17 PM

Well, I'll be darned. Even this TRUE CONSERVATIVE like me can learn a thing or three from reading these blogs.

From KHarn I learn that slavery is still legal, and the Due Process and Equal Protection clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment to the Consistution are illegal.

And from Brooklyn Red Leg, I learn "Dumbfuck, city councils have no rights under the Constitution. Only individuals and States do. If those councilmen want to excercise their freedom of speech as individuals, thats ok. But, in this context, they DO NOT have freedom of speech."

So THAT'S what the First Amendment to the Constitution means! The full text of that amendment says:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

I don't see the part that says "city councils have no rights under the Constitution. Only individuals and States do", but I'll trust you, Brooklyn Red.

So I guess that the Marines also don't have any free speech rights in this case either? So, if I understand you, Red, only the Code Pink people have a protected free speech right here?

Unless their Equal Protection right is illegal under the invalid Fourteenth Amendment, I guess.

Man, I learn something new every day. I wallow in the genius that is conservative thought.

Posted by: Dan Quayle at February 11, 2008 2:57 PM

Well,
Since your still learning DQ, heres one for you.

President George W. Bush was not appointed, he was elected. TWICE by popular vote.

You see, each state has so many electoral votes. These are dependent upon each states population. The states with a larger population have more electoral votes. So in both 2000 and 2004 more people wished to vote for "W" then the competition, hence, President Bush.

Sorry the Dems couldn't get anybody smarter then him to run.

Posted by: UCA at February 11, 2008 7:56 PM

Pssst. I'm with you, UCA.

We had that sucker wired. George W's brother was govenor of Florida (heh), and intervened in the recount. His Florida election chair, Katherine Harris (a damned scary woman), was Florida Secretary of State and responsible for the honest conduct of the election (heh-heh).

This is the greatest part for us Repubs -- George W's daddy appointed the swing votes on the Supreme Court (heh-heh-heh).

So sure, go ahead and say George W was "elected". I just can't say it with a straight face (heh-heh-heh-heh).

And that 2004 vote. Claiming war hero John Kerry lied about his war record. Pure Karl Rove evil genius! Completely turned George W. lying about HIS war record on its head. The term "Swift Boating" has entered the American lexicon as a term for unfairly smearing an opponent.

And you're right that the Dems (call them the "Democrat Party", that pisses them off) couldn't find anyone smarter than Nobel Peace Prize winner Al Gore.

It was the crime of the century. And WE pulled it off. And we can do it again!

Iraq = 52nd State = Free Oil

Vote Quayle '08 -- A TRUE CONSERVATIVE

Posted by: Dan Quayle at February 11, 2008 10:07 PM

UCA,
No president has ever been elected by the popular vote. The president is elected by the electoral college, not the popular vote. They usually coincide, but not necessarily.

DQ,
"The Florida election recount of 2000 was ultimately settled in favor of George W. Bush when the Supreme Court, with its final ruling on Bush v. Gore, stopped the recount. Subsequent recounts of ALL the ballots showed that Gore would have otherwise won. You could look it up."

I did look it up. Gore lost in every recount.
I also looked up the election law in place, in effect (passed by a Democrat legislature) at the time of the 2000 election.
Harris obeyed the law and certified the election as the law required.
The USSC upheld the law as written. They stopped the recounts because continued recounts violated the law.
George W. Bush was legitimately elected in accordance with the law. If you can't say it with a straight face it's because you don't know what you're talking about.

Posted by: steve at February 11, 2008 10:49 PM

Steve, where did you look it up? Every source I checked shows that the audited after-election recount, after the Supreme Court stopped the official counting, had Gore winning. Check this source for one.

I know I've been out of politics for a while, and I haven't yet caught up with our "truthiness" standard of stating something as a fact just because it sounds plausible. If your arguments are "truthiness" ones, just wink. I'll get it.

And don't we TRUE CONSERVATIVES use the same Code Pink tactics on family planning clinics? Is our argument here just more "truthiness"?

Vote Quayle '08 -- A TRUE CONSERVATIVE

Posted by: Dan Quayle at February 12, 2008 8:55 AM

Thank you so much for this post and the photo and video. I have been trying to trackback to you, so far I can't get it to go through, but I wanted to let you know I appreciate this post and hat tipped back to your post.
God bless our Marines!

Posted by: Wild Thing at February 12, 2008 4:44 PM

Hi all. Cool site neayqy Google
Thank.

Posted by: MooxyMex at February 13, 2008 7:48 PM

The Marines aren't an innocent party here... Putting a Marine recruitment station in downtown Berkeley is as stupid and provocative as putting a family planning clinic in the Vatican.

Posted by: Mike Huckabee at February 14, 2008 9:19 AM

Hucky,
They have a family planning center in the Vatican. I believe the Catholics call it the rythmn method.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at February 14, 2008 6:29 PM

Know what you call a couple that uses the rythm method?

Parents.

Posted by: Bob Barker at February 14, 2008 8:16 PM

Bob,
I never said it was successful.

Posted by: Farmer Ted at February 15, 2008 10:31 AM