« The "Human Rights" Jihad Against Liberty | Main | NBC Dwells on Bin Laden's Positive Side »

January 22, 2008

Now Experts Say Global Warming Suppresses Hurricanes

After Katrina, moonbats screeched at the top their lungs that hurricanes were Gaia's punishment for our industrialized ways. The Voice of Consensus proclaimed that hurricanes will get ever more frequent and severe, until we repent of our ways and submit to the will of Al Gore and the environmentalist Left.

Then came two years without a single hurricane hitting the USA.

Fortunately for the Goracle, true believers can adapt to anything. A new study claims that global warming causes there not to be hurricanes.

Remember when warmer water made for worse hurricanes? Now it suppresses hurricanes, by creating wind shear that won't allow them to form, according to researchers at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Miami Lab and the University of Miami:

There are two possibilities:

1. "The experts" have no clue what they're talking about.
  2. "The experts" are lying through their teeth in a desperate attempt to prop up the profitable but sagging global warming hoax.

In either case, it's annoying that tax money gets poured into the political masturbation that now passes for climate science.

On a tip from White Cane.

Posted by Van Helsing at January 22, 2008 8:09 PM

Comments

Obviously, they have no idea. If I were a climatologist, and was convinced I knew what the climate would be over the next year, I wouldn't waste my time issuing press releases.

No sir, I'd be on Chicago Board of Trade, trading commodity futures like a bandit. The fact that the soi disant "experts" aren't doing that tells me all I need to know. (And please, no one say that these guys are too high-minded to do this. Academics are every bit as money-grubbing as anyone else, maybe more so, as I know from extensive experience.)

Posted by: Jay Guevara at January 22, 2008 8:49 PM

But if they're right this time, then shouldn't we embrace global warming? I mean, not having hurricanes is a good thing.

Posted by: Kristy at January 22, 2008 9:08 PM

"I mean, not having hurricanes is a good thing."

I'm serious. God has placed these people under protection because he knows they got a raw deal, and understands our government is ridden by a spirit of evil.

Posted by: hashfanatic at January 22, 2008 9:27 PM

You either need more or less hash, I'm not sure which.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at January 22, 2008 11:08 PM

Posted by: Harris at January 22, 2008 11:43 PM

Which is to say, as soon as Shrillary becomes The First Black President (c and tm), New Orleans will be struck by a tsunami and sink into the depths forever.

Posted by: BUUUUURRRRNING HOT at January 23, 2008 12:30 AM

"Al Gore and the members of the Global Warming, I mean Climate Change crowd are geniuses. There is SO much money being made off of this I really wish I had thought of it first..."

Now, THIS sentiment I agree with.

IMHO, further INDEPENDENT research will determine the validity of global warming.

What I am opposed to is a) the conservatives are basing their opinions totally on anecdotes fueled by propaganda fueled by multinational oil corporations, many of which are loyal to lands unlikely to be touched by the negative effects of climate change, and b) the fact that Gore and Company are building an industry of its own around what most likely are valid concerns regarding legitimate environmental issues, particularly the carbon offset angle, which I disapprove of because money will be changing hands for pieces of paper with no real worth.

I don't see how corporate entities can be trusted to police themselves, and I'm not sure any sort of overseeing bureaucracy could be created in America that we could trust not to become utterly corruptible.

I see too much extremism on both sides. I see too many on the left, eager to jump on an emerging bandwagon that might well prove to be unnecessary, just because its fashionable.

On blogs like this, I see too many tired jokes and useless attempts to try and apply twentieth-century thought processes to twenty-first century dilemmas (and failing miserably).

You have all become unwitting pawns in a mystery of science and if you can't see this is all totally politically driven, I feel sorry for you.

No one seems interested in the truth.

Posted by: hashfanatic at January 23, 2008 12:52 AM

Nicely put hashfanatic...I agree wholeheartedly!

Posted by: hashfanaticFAN at January 23, 2008 1:42 AM

"I firmly believe that God is giving the people of New Orleans a break, because he realizes the Bush Crime Family and the idiotic Army Corps of "Engineers" are only rebuilding the levees to 1950 standards, and he's not particularly proud of his lesser creations..."

Yes, God is working overtime to protect New Orleans from the onslaught of Bush and his evil minions. That's why there have been fewer hurricanes in Florida and the rest of the country in the past two years.

I love how liberals suddenly believe in God when it benefits their agenda.

Posted by: Kristy at January 23, 2008 1:57 AM

Even I disagree with Hash's statement here, Kristy. I don't suddenly believe in God.

Believe me, if there is a God, there are a lot of people suffering more severly than people in New Orleans for him to worry about. But let's get real: God is about as concerned with the people of New Orleans as Geroge Bush is. That would be, not at all.

I will agree, however, that the Bush family is essentialy criminal, and also hash's entire second post in this thread.

Posted by: hashfanaticFAN at January 23, 2008 2:28 AM

I noticed that have been graced with the presence of some "progressives."

So, on this whole global warm... sorry, climate change thing, allow me to point something out. Over the past millions and millions of years this planet has experienced "climate change." The planet has been in constant flux as far as the climate goes. The planet has been warming and cooling on a pretty regular basis, often times to much more extreme degrees than anything we have seen. Look up the medieval warm period, read about the climate during the Jurassic Period. Climate change is going to happen, but not because of SUVs or factories or dixie cups or anything else. The typical "progressive" response is, "Yes, but we are making it worse." No. We are not. We cannot. Look at the amount of dreaded CO2 already in the atmosphere, then look at how much CO2 humans put in the atmosphere. It's the equivalent of putting a thimble of water into an Olympic swimming pool.

Now onto the Bush/New Orleans remarks. So, the levies were Bush's fault? Really? Let me direct you to: http://www.amazon.com/National-Geographics-
Cyclone-Ted-Fujita/dp/630447461X/ref=pd_bbs_
sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=video&qid=1201091969&sr=8-1

For $0.89 you can purchase "National Geograpic's Cyclone!" This film was made in 1996, the last 15 minutes go into detail about the condition of New Orleans' levies, it also makes a startling prediction that came true 9 years later. Hmmm, 1996 what was Clinton doing in 1996? Oh right, he was going after Islamic terrorists, or not. Let me also point out that New Orleans has been exclusively liberal, sorry "progressive" for 50 years.

Posted by: DarthT at January 23, 2008 5:52 AM

That's why it is called climate CHANGE. You can change your view on the climate any time it suits you.

Posted by: Diplomad at January 23, 2008 6:03 AM

What is a real crime is liberals trying to force people back into New Orleans (which is largely below SEA LEVEL). In fact it was stupid for liberals to put poor people in there to begin with. No matter how well the levees are built, all it takes is one failure for the flood waters to rise. Put the money into permanent relocation. If morons like Brad Pitt and his child collecting wife want to buy houses there let them.

Evidence against man made global warming has nothing to do with oil companies and more with facts. 1000 years ago the Viking farmed Greenland at their peak (can Greenland be farmed today even with allegedly abnormally high temperatures?). And then the Little Ice Age locked the North into an icy grip for hundreds of years which ended around 1850 and it started getting warm again. This isnt an anecdote, its historical fact. The warming is in tune with solar cycles - of course moonbats will insist this isnt true and its all made up by oil companies. Just more liberal lies from the Ministry of Truth. If Bush were such a criminal as the Moonbats allege, the DEMONcratically controlled Congress would have started impeachment proceeding a year ago. But since its not true, they havent. Moonbats are nothing if not paranoid and shrill. Choosing a moonbat like SHILLary Clintoon is completely understandable. She is a shrill as they are.

Posted by: Anonymous at January 23, 2008 6:20 AM

Now I know why hash is an illegal substance

Posted by: JamesB at January 23, 2008 9:53 AM

I don't see how corporate entities can be trusted to police themselves

You are aware, I trust, that the government is also a corporation (i.e., a legal construct that considers a group of people as an individual for legal purposes)?

Scepticism about global warming isn’t driven by twentieth-century thought, but rather by that of the eighteenth-century, namely the Enlightenment.

No one seems interested in the truth.

Guard against the seductive but lazy notion that the truth necessarily lies halfway between two opposing positions. It does not.

Also not that “mysteries” are part of religion, not for science. The scientific attitude is to default to scepticism in the absence of dispositive data, which are certainly not forthcomnig (at least as yet) in the case of global warming. It’s incorrect to accuse sceptics of not necessarily being interested in the truth; the sceptic’s position is that the contention is not adequately supported by the data, which is a fair position to take at this point. So while the climate may be getting warmer, and carbon dioxide partial pressures may have increased a bit, it’s not at all clear that the latter caused the former. Or, as every research director worth his NaCl (!) repeats endlessly, correlation is not causation.

Posted by: Jay Guevara at January 23, 2008 10:07 AM

Anthropogenic Global Warming, more specifically the farce called 'The Greenhouse Effect', may very well violate the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics.

This is a paper by Gerhard Gerlich and Ralf D. Tscheuschner. Someone like Jay is more qualified to vet this document than I, but I think its interesting if its true.

Posted by: Brooklyn Red Leg at January 23, 2008 11:13 AM

"I love how liberals suddenly believe in God when it benefits their agenda."

No, Kristy, I have the Power Of The Greater One living inside of me. Your add-water-and-stir apostasy is nothing so much as window dressing...

Posted by: hashfanatic at January 23, 2008 12:17 PM

"Also not that “mysteries” are part of religion, not for science."

Not until the necessary scientific research has been completed by independent scientists, and a definitive conclusion has been researched!

Until then, we can only wonder...

Posted by: hashfanatic at January 23, 2008 12:20 PM

You beat me to it. I heard this on the morning news.

Posted by: KHarn at January 23, 2008 12:27 PM

"...Army Corps of "Engineers" are only rebuilding the levees to 1950 standards,..."

Well THANK GOD FOR THAT, because the OLDER levies held up!
We've been through this before hash, the Army recomended that the NEW levy be built to withstand a catagory 5, but the CITY OFFICIALS decided a catagory 3 levy was enough, but took enough money for the stronger levy and SKIMPED on that, diverting the balance "to other projects".

Posted by: KHarn at January 23, 2008 12:43 PM

Ah, so now it's the "Chocolate City" dude's fault.

This is so enlightening!

Posted by: hashfanatic at January 23, 2008 2:29 PM

Actually, the tragedy in NO WAS largely "Chocolate City" Nagin's fault.
We watched Katrina coming for a week, (it hit Mississippi, not NO) and Nagin failed in his duty by not implementing the disaster preparedness plan.

Posted by: steve at January 23, 2008 5:26 PM