« Nativity Scenes Vandalized | Main | Politically Incorrect Spoof Carols Censored »

December 21, 2007

Tweety Blasts Shrillary for Socialist Christmas Ad

You've probably seen the irritating ad in which Shrillary gives us the gift of socialism for Christmas:

To his credit, even the frequently moonbatty Chris Matthews has had enough of this mentality. He opened up with both barrels on Joe Scarborough's show. Via NewsBusters:

I always thought the problem with Hillary was, her notion of government was, "I am Evita, I am the one who gives gifts to the little people and then they come and bring me flowers and they worship at me because I am the great Evita."
"And I give things to people. I give them universal health care; I give them an energy program. I give gifts to the little people. The little people come to me and I give them gifts, like universal pre-K. I am the gift-giver to the little people. Oh, I am the grand, grand woman, the grand Evita. And I give gifts to the little people and they're going to come to me in multitudes and worship at me!"
Give me a break! That's not the transaction. It's our country, it's our government. Public officials get to serve us! They serve us, they are our servants. They are not Evitas; they are not goddesses. We don't look up to them that way. We don't get gifts from them. By the way: we pay for every damn program we get. In fact we pay more for it than we're going to get. What are you kidding: you're going to give us stuff? From where? From your treasury? Where are you going to go? The palace? [unintelligible] The palace? We're going to give them to you?
It's the Hillary, it's the Clinton notion of the political transaction: we are the well-educated, sophisticated, smarter-than-you, better-than-you people and we're going to give you little things for your little needs.

Careful, Tweety. You'll wear out your welcome at MSNBC if you keep making this much sense. Here's the video.

On a tip from Cheetah.

Posted by Van Helsing at December 21, 2007 7:16 AM

Comments

I think Chris had too much eggnog before that little tirade!

Posted by: Pam at December 21, 2007 8:05 AM

Well, this is what "progressivism" is. A state run by the "wise". An oligarchy.

And we must remember that under progressivism every service offered will transmute into an obligation. So, they start off with a service "Health care is available to all" and then it becomes "it is your duty to follow the instructions of the health service". Or "Free schooling will be available to all" becomes "you are obligated to go to school" and so on.

I see she's going to obligate schooling from the moment of birth ("pre-K"). This will rapidly become a duty for toddlers to attain certain targets designated by the wise, with punishments for parents whose offspring fail to do so and cries of something must be done, these children are being abused, etc etc.

Enjoy, guys.

Posted by: Ian from the EUSSR at December 21, 2007 8:15 AM

Should have said "technocracy" instead of "oligarchy", but it applies anyway since a technocracy inevitably becomes an oligarchy.

~pedantic Ian

Posted by: Ian from the EUSSR at December 21, 2007 8:16 AM

Bill O'Reilly was shocked when Margert Hoover called Hillary a socialist on his show once, I was shocked Matthews was so spot on on this analysis.

Posted by: WZ at December 21, 2007 8:28 AM

Matthews' dislike of the Clintons combined with his lack of any self control causes him occasionally to cough up some truth. If she should hold off Obama and get the nomination, he will be much more careful with his words.

Posted by: Beef at December 21, 2007 8:59 AM

Part of her health care plan includes a clause making it illegal to not have coverage. So even if you are a healthy, college-age adult (like most of the uninsured are) who is statistically the least likely to incur huge medical expenses, you will be breaking the law if you don't get her generous offering. Next it will be illegal not to enroll your toddler in pre-K. How long do you think it would take us to run out of room in her gulag?

Posted by: mandy at December 21, 2007 11:19 AM

Nice post. The scales are even starting to fall from liberal eyes. I usually can't stand Matthews' self-righteous rants, but he is right on target here. What a tone-deaf ad this one was. Someone needs to replace the Ukrainian Bell Carol background music with "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" and repost to Youtube. I bet the new version would get many more hits than the sappy, socialist original.

Posted by: Pete at December 21, 2007 1:18 PM

Ever determined to be a Communist (in sheep's clothing), Hillary will soon have Congress give her full "emergency" powers to save the country from the ravages of Bush, appoint herself Empress, and crush all opposition. Just like her hero, Stalin (and even more like her secret hero -- she'd never admit it! -- Uncle Adolf). Liberals love total control, and no one comes close to Herr Hitler in that arena.

Posted by: jc14 at December 21, 2007 8:11 PM

what was he thinking?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha!

Posted by: nanc at December 22, 2007 6:44 AM

p.s. perhaps his room in the clintoonyloons gulag will be next to mine and i can ask him, no?

Posted by: nanc at December 22, 2007 6:45 AM

Isn't this the same guy who referred to Hillary as "sweet and nice in person?" What's going on here?

Posted by: phil at December 22, 2007 4:18 PM

enjoy Add one role of toilet paper per month for each household. - an oldie but a goodie :)

Posted by: Anonymous at December 24, 2007 10:41 AM

Pam ~ "I think Chris had too much eggnog before that little tirade!"

No, you can't possibly tell Chris has had too much to drink unless you've seen him sober. From what I hear, not many have.

One must wonder what Hillary is paying all the media geniuses on her team who came up with this turkey, though. Not to mention the question of her judgment for not rejecting the script when she first read it . . .

Posted by: Jim Addison at December 25, 2007 3:27 AM