« Why We Were Given the Smarts to Invent the Machine Gun | Main | Free Ride in Britain Not Good Enough for Some Muslim Colonists »

November 16, 2007

Defending Your Family from Black Intruders May Be Racist

If your home is broken into by criminals of privileged ethnicity, the NAACP wants you to think twice before defending your family.

Three blacks broke into a white family's home in rural northern California to rob it, beating a 19-year-old with a baseball bat severely enough that he suffered brain damage and can no longer feed himself. Homeowner Shannon Edmonds opened fire on the intruders, killing two of them. The third, Renato Hughes Jr., ran away, into the arms of the NAACP, which wants to know why Edmonds was not arrested for saving his family's lives.

According to Rev. Amos Brown, head of the San Francisco chapter of the NAACP, the case demonstrates that the legal system is racist in 91% Caucasian Lake County, where the incident occurred.

Hughes' mother, a San Francisco schoolteacher, heartily agrees; she calls the case a "legal lynching."

No doubt a more progressive community would give Hughes back his bat and let him carry on with his mayhem, rather than holding him responsible for his fellow criminals' deaths under the Provocative Act doctrine, which applies when it is "reasonably foreseeable that the criminal enterprise could trigger a fatal response from the homeowner."

Hughes' legal prospects are bright. The judge granted a defense motion for a change of venue. That sure did the trick for O.J.

renato_hughes_jr.jpg
  Renato Hughes Jr. If he breaks into your house, you'd better have a gun, NAACP be damned.

On a tip from Bob.

Posted by Van Helsing at November 16, 2007 8:28 PM

Comments

Ah yes shadows of "A Clockwork Orange" indeed! Anyway he and his buddy's would have an acute case of Cal .45 Federal Hydra shock 180 grain lead poisoning if they had broken into my house.

Posted by: Oldcrow at November 16, 2007 11:50 PM

Van, you need to watch out for the NAABSP, the National Association for the Advancement of Blood Sucking People. ;-)

Posted by: Steve at November 17, 2007 2:14 AM

i hope the supreme court decides what my gun rights are, so i can arm myself in this liberal graveyard called New york city. My apts only been broken into 4 times this year.

Posted by: Anonymous at November 17, 2007 9:09 AM

I recently saw a County Cop Car with the that inane "Protect and Serve" logo on it.

I asked "Fetus," the deputy sitting in it what he did to "protect." He told me that if he encountered or stumbled upon lawbreaking in progress he would take appropriate action. I asked him how many criminals called him and invited him to come to the scene before they break the law.
Boys and Girls, Ladies and Gentlemen, it is ultimately left to the individual to protect himself and his property. You call the police and law enforcement to simply help with the insurance claims or corner's report.
Fetus rolled up the window, "mashed the gas," and rolled away, on his way to wait for an invitation to a crime.

Posted by: Eneils Bailey at November 17, 2007 11:52 AM

Thank God, I live in a state, if someone breaks into your house, you shoot and kill them, your major worry is getting their blood stains out of your carpet.

I really don't care what color they are, what protected minority they belong to.
To paraphrase a line from a movie, " I love the smell of cordite in my den, after an welcomed entry."

Posted by: Eneils Bailey at November 17, 2007 12:05 PM

Eneils Bailey you shouldn't be rude to the actual cops, they do what they can with what the court gives them. They can't change or decide the laws. Be mad at the courts and government that creates the laws that take away our right to own arms.

Posted by: Eric at November 17, 2007 12:43 PM

Eric,

"you shouldn't be rude to the actual cops, they do what they can with what the court gives them."

You are so right on that point.

My point should have been that they are not bad people. Just doing their job within the confines of our court system and present day society.

I apologize to all the good law enforcement officers out there and society. I stand corrected, Thank You.

Posted by: Eneils Bailey at November 17, 2007 12:57 PM

More states need to adopt the Castle Doctrine/Law.

Posted by: Conservative Belle at November 17, 2007 7:00 PM

Years ago, I heard a sheriff confess on the air that basically, all cops can do is act as historians after the crime is committed and to clean up in the aftermath. I really applaud his honesty on this subject. It's up to us, the common citizenry to protect ourselves, particularly where home invasion is concerned. If most homeowners and renters were armed, assuming most are law-abiding citizens, then criminals would find themselves at a serious disadvantage and our society would be much safer. We can't enforce morality; therefore, laws must support the incentive to curtail criminal activity.

Posted by: fellowes at November 17, 2007 9:40 PM

Well, I blame the white liberal media for even reporting such a stupid story in this “racial” manner. I have been black for 37 years, and the NAACP stopped being relevant to me and most African Americans I know a long time ago (right with Jackson and Sharpton).

I really don’t care if this guy gets more jail time, I am tired of the NAACP going to the defense of criminals, Mike Vick etc., while they ignore the real problems within the African American community that need to be dealt with.

This guy was committing a crime and got his friends killed in the process, I see nothing racial about this, a man can defend his house, that is a basic right.

The White Liberal media needs to stop putting Jesse and Al as our so called leaders, I didn’t vote for Jesse or Al, and know a few African American leaders inside the community who are doing real work without the media hype. I guess since they are dealing with things that may not involve a “white person”, they can’t get camera time.

Posted by: DJ Black Adam at November 17, 2007 10:05 PM

Thanks DJ Black Adam. You hit the nail on the head.
Know for certain many in the Black community
would "amen" what you've written. I've never given any
credence to Jesse or Al and don't understand why anyone,
of any race would, given that they're merely sycophants.
God forbid we should judge our black brethren by the words
and actions of these clowns and their white libtard abettors.

Posted by: fellowes at November 17, 2007 10:38 PM

Too bad Shannon missed with that last shot, as our young thug would have all eternity to reflect upon his miserable excuse of an existence. Thats why I saw 12-gauge pump shotgun with 00 Buckshot with a 7-round magazine is the best thing for home defense.

I agree with Eneils Bailey, I'm glad I live in a state that has the Castle Doctrine. Sadly, he is 100% spot on about the police and their duties. Its also a dirty little secret, but not all in the Law Enforcement Community are happy that the 2nd Amendment exists. Don't kid yourself as I've heard with my own ears a former FBI SAC (on The Glenn Beck Tv Show) deplore civilian firearm ownerships because 'the Police are there to protect you', which is claptrap of the first order.

You are born with the right to defend yourself, as all in the Animal Kingdom are gifted with some means of self-defense due to evolution being a harsh mistress. Our Founding Fathers understood this, and those of us who are Anglo-Saxon in heritage should be doubly outraged at these 'No Right to bear Arms' morons since we have enjoyed the right to keep and bear arms since at least the late 12th Century and Henry II's Assize of Arms.

Posted by: Brooklyn Red Leg at November 18, 2007 2:15 AM

Grr...that should read 'thats why I say a 12-gauge pump action shotgun.....'

Posted by: Brooklyn Red Leg at November 18, 2007 2:19 AM

Yep. A 12-gauge Mossberg pistol-handled shotgun is one sweet weapon. And have to agree with "Brooklyn" about many in law enforcement and their mindset over civilian gun ownership. Also, the feds and states don't "allow" guns on "their" (really our) land, but guess what? I don't dare hike those trails without a silent partner and anyone who doesn't is asking for a heinous death. Self-defense supersedes ALL laws...period.

Posted by: fellowes at November 18, 2007 8:39 AM

DJ Black Adam, I remember during the early '90s L.A. riots when a 30-year-old Black man from South L.A. called Limbaugh's show and complained about the way he and his friends (all Conservative non-rioters)were being treated by the Media. He said that reporters would attempt to interview them, but on finding out that they weren't gang-bangers and punks, they suddenly weren't interested; evidently the general citizenry of that area didn't fit the White "Liberal" reporters' mold of what a "true" Black person is, so they sought instead the scum of the neighborhood which they seem to think is the "REAL" voice of Black America.

Haven't changed much, have they??

Posted by: Toa at November 18, 2007 2:23 PM