July 2, 2007

Howard Zinn Wishes Us an Unhappy Fourth

Howard Zinn, whose vicious anti-American screed A People's History of the United States appallingly serves as the main text in many college history courses, reminds us that the Fourth of July is no time for liberals to let up on their festering hatred of this great country.

Zinn says it's okay for a country to have national pride — so long as it isn't much justified. But for America: "what might have been harmless pride becomes an arrogant nationalism dangerous to others and to ourselves."

Then comes the barrage of hate-America propaganda that is now taught in our schools in place of history. We were mean to the Indians. We stole from the Mexicans. We committed massacres in the Philippines. We kill Iraqi civilians by the thousands. Our soldiers are brutal and torture people. We overreact to trifling incidents like Pearl Harbor and 9/11.

Yet people keep on loving this country. Zinn is outraged:

We need to refute the idea that our nation is different from, morally superior to, the other imperial powers of world history.

Zinn's inability to distinguish America from a brutal empire suggests that he isn't capable of grasping the concept of morality — unless he actually can tell right from wrong, but has chosen to side with the bad guys due to some sickness in his soul.

A society that lets vermin who hate it educate its young cannot and will not survive. But for now America is still the greatest country the world has ever seen, and here's wishing everybody an early Happy Fourth of July. You too, Howard, you evil old coot!

On a tip from V the K.

Posted by Van Helsing at July 2, 2007 12:36 PM

Comments

And a Happy Independence Day to all freedom-loving anti-moonbats everywhere!

Posted by: Byron at July 2, 2007 1:00 PM

Happy Fourth to everyone, including the retarded moonbats whose anti-American drivel is constitutionally protected.

Freedom to be a moonbat, and also to call that moonbat a moron--I love America!

Posted by: El Presidente at July 2, 2007 3:42 PM

I don't take many stands, I'm way too lazy for that, but when a professor of mine said that Zinn's book would be in the curriculum I never went to the class again.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't have gone anyway, so what?

Posted by: ac1 at July 2, 2007 3:50 PM

Two movies I plan to watch (On tape) for Independence Day:
WHY WE FIGHT: War Comes To America
and
BROTHER, CAN YOU SPARE A DIME

Posted by: KHarn at July 2, 2007 5:09 PM

That's the grand conclusion to a lifetime of inculcation of the concept of moral relativism. Nobody has more to offer civilization, everybody begins on the same egalitarian plane, achievement is making somebody else worse off, etc. ad nauseum.

Zinn and his fellow travelers need a swift kick in whatever's left of their gonad pouch. The US, the UK, the Ozzies, and very few other countries have enriched this orb more than the entire balance of the others. Fault Empirialism if you must, but those Asian and African countries who benefitted from empires are STILL doing better than the indigenous turds have done.

Screw the leftards and thier self-loathing. What we have ain't perfect, but it's better than anything else that has ever been devised. And look, in the aforementioned countries, we have mental retards who have the leisure time to thrash and moan about fictional bullcrap like "glow-ball worming," even while informing us about how bad thier lives are. Get a fracking grip, idiots.

Posted by: skh.pcola at July 2, 2007 6:24 PM

This is Zinn's daddy.

Posted by: Anonymous at July 2, 2007 8:20 PM

Michael Moore should give Zinn a "RUSTY TROMBONE" then return the favor to Michael. Then Rosie O'Donnell could join them with a wire brush strap-on to clean up their poo chutes.

Posted by: Anonymous at July 2, 2007 8:22 PM

I've yet to meet a liberal with a valid concept of morality. It seems they (silly liberals) aren't finished writing their 'code of morals' - and they never will finish - their morals are like dunes on the beach; shifting to the strongest current, unable to take a firm stand on anything other that their right to sodomize.

Posted by: Jimbo at July 3, 2007 7:07 AM

"Anon", this link was priceless:

"This is Zinn's daddy."

Posted by: fellowes at July 3, 2007 7:52 AM

Echoing skh.pcola:

"Democracy is the worst form of government, until you consider the alternatives."
Winston Churchill

To Dr.Zinn: GET BENT!!!

PS: "Rusty Trombone?" Never heard that one before. LOL

Posted by: phil at July 3, 2007 9:30 AM

I have never read a collection of more empty meaningless, nay, stupid comments. Zinn has you simpletons beat hands down. You all have managed to prove your own ignorance and unfounded/unjustified arrogance. If I were to choose sides based on what I see in front of me, I might elect Zinn president of the fucking universe and give you fuckers a dirt nap--save you from reproducing. Fucking amazing you guys can, and do, read at all. In fact, I wonder how many of you idiots have read Znn"s works? How many actually read historical, sociological, political texts? Sounds to me like you jerks get your information (identity) from tv!

Posted by: joe at July 3, 2007 11:16 AM

Joe,

I've read A People's History. If there was ever a book that made you want to hate your own country, this was it. Zinn gives Chomsky a run for his money.

Phil

Posted by: phil at July 3, 2007 11:23 AM

Joe, you call *US* stupid? Your "comment" was full of empty invective, ad hominems, and not a shred of fact, data, or informed opinion. Get bent, buddy. You add nothing to the conversation except a swooning fondness for a traitor. Nice job, Brain Trust.

Posted by: skh.pcola at July 3, 2007 11:56 AM

Yeah, skh, but I'm sure Joe fancies himself a sophisticated intellectual.

Posted by: V the K at July 3, 2007 12:37 PM

excellent post my friend

Posted by: wiz at July 3, 2007 2:02 PM

I have read many CONSERVATIVE posts that were far better than my own and I have an IQ of 136. I am an avid researcher of history, have hundreds of books, magizines and films on a dozen real-life subjects (which I have read/watched), I study technology and have written articals on several subjects.

But I'm just a dumb ol' white Cracker boy, right?

Posted by: KHarn at July 3, 2007 2:51 PM

Man, these were some great comments. I think Joe's was the best! Great laughs.

And Valhalla the Viking Kitten summed it up best. I've known plenty of liberals. They consider themselves enlightened, which always makes me laugh.

They're really just elitist wannabes who figure they've joined the right club so they get to look down on the rest of us and call us names. They're so cool.

Happy 4th.

Posted by: NudeGayWhalesForJesus at July 3, 2007 10:03 PM

Why are republicans so obsessed with cleaning others "poo chutes"?

I must have missed where Joe called anyone stupid and fancied himself as a sophisticated intellectual. It looked to me as though he was merely giving comments on a book. Shock horror he liked it, he must hate ye! Oh no!

Posted by: Tadhg at July 4, 2007 7:03 AM

Republicans are also obsessed with gays.

Posted by: Gobba at July 4, 2007 7:09 AM

Yeah right, we're obsessed with gays...so much so that we dress up in drag and march down the streets of sanfran with signs saying "we're here, we're queer, get used to it..."

Right, we're the ones obsessed with gays.

Posted by: NudeGayWhalesForJesus at July 4, 2007 8:52 AM

>>>I must have missed where Joe called anyone stupid and fancied himself as a sophisticated intellectual.

That's right, you did. Read his post again, he starts on us right off the bat.

As for gays, I'm a Southern Democrat and gays BORE THE HELL out of me!

Posted by: KHarn at July 4, 2007 8:59 AM

Then get your parole officer (or anyone literate that can be of assistance to you) to read some of the following tidbits of that moonbat's droppings:

"Zinn has you simpletons beat hands down. You all have managed to prove your own ignorance and unfounded/unjustified arrogance."

"Fucking amazing you guys can, and do, read at all."

And in case the point hasn't been made to you yet, Merriam-Webster, the coup de grace:

"In fact, I wonder how many of you idiots have read Znn"s (sic) works?"

There. Hope that helps.