« Amnesty International Undermines Human Rights | Main | NASA Scientist Denounces "Arrogant" Global Warming Hoax »

May 31, 2007

Tax Breaks For Moonbats

Ingrid Newkirk, founder of PETA and speaker of the immortal words "A rat is a pig is a dog is a boy," wants Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid to extend to vegetarians the tax breaks you can now get for driving around in an overpriced hybrid. Her justification? Eating rabbit food instead of proper meals helps fight the imaginary global warming menace.

Newkirk cites a University of Chicago report finding that a vegetarian diet would do more to counter global warming than switching from a normal American car to a Prius. No doubt it wouldn't do any less. But then, neither would standing on your head while reciting French poetry. By the way, a Hummer causes less damage to the environment than a Prius.

ingrid-newkirk_chicken.jpg
Newkirk: "A chicken is a boy is a rat is a… I wanna tax break."

On a tip from V the K.

Posted by Van Helsing at May 31, 2007 10:22 AM

Comments

And how does one sufficiently prove that one is a vegetarian for the purpose of these tax breaks? Grocery and restaurant receipts? What if the "vegetarian" eats a burger at the neighborhood barbecue? Oops, loophole.

Vegetarians are usually full of themselves and how wonderful they are about being more healthful and environmental. And I know of which I speak because I was just such a vegetarian for ten years. Fortunately, I got over myself.

Posted by: Pam at May 31, 2007 10:36 AM

Note to self: Stop at butcher shop on way home.

If farm animals are causing global warming then I'd think we need to be eating those suckers as fast as possible to keep their numbers down. I do more than my share - I should get 'credits' for helping to save the world.

Hey. What I said makes just as much sense as what she said.

Ingrid, dear - a diet of cyanide for meat eaters is what you'd REALLY like to see, isn't it?

Posted by: Jimbo at May 31, 2007 10:40 AM

"A rat is a pig is a dog is a boy?" Good Lord, does that mean Yoko Ono just ate a child?

Posted by: phil at May 31, 2007 10:59 AM

Hold on... don't vegetarians eat a lot of beans.... and don't beans cause methane, which breaks down the ozone layer. Shouldn't vegetarians be forced to pay a tax, or get carbon offsets, rather than tax breaks?

Posted by: Atticus at May 31, 2007 12:00 PM

She can't be stupid enough to think there is a way to prove who's a vegetarian and who's not.

That makes me think this is just political b.s.

Posted by: NudeGayWhalesForJesus at May 31, 2007 1:25 PM

Of course it's political BS. It's not designed to make sense, just to make Ingrid feel good about how much more she cares than we do.

Posted by: Odysseus at May 31, 2007 1:37 PM

>>>Hold on... don't vegetarians eat a lot of beans....

That's what I said when I heard this on the radio!

Posted by: KHarn at May 31, 2007 4:04 PM

I want a carbon credit tax deduction for every time I eat burritos with a dose of Beano since I'm denying a methane producing meal from irresponsibly flatulent vegetarians and illegal immigrants.

Posted by: the paperboy at May 31, 2007 5:07 PM

"A rat is a pig is a dog is a boy?" No, no, no, she's got that all wrong. It's "a man is a bear is a pig is a climatologist."

Posted by: the paperboy at May 31, 2007 5:38 PM

"Vegetarians are usually full of themselves and how wonderful they are about being more healthful and environmental."
Definitely. They act so smug all the time and act like anyone who eats meat is automatically a grotesquely fat sub- human (And some of the more loony ones probably believe those who eat meat should be arrested for murder).
I regularly eat meat, and I weigh about 160 pounds, and I'm 6'2" tall, so that weight is VERY evenly distributed.

Posted by: Adam at June 2, 2007 7:52 AM

What can we expect from the lady- uh, I mean "womyn"- who ran an advertisement showing chickens awaiting slaughter in one photo, and Nazi concentration camp inmates in the other, the ad stating that there was no difference between the two? I can't help but pity these warped people who belong to such groups as P.E.T.A..

Posted by: Toa at June 2, 2007 8:29 AM