« Global Warming Hits Bulgarian Brothels | Main | French Bureaucrats Tighten Grip on Information Control »

March 6, 2007

Breck Girl: Jesus Wouldn't Like America

According to zillionaire ambulance chaser, presidential candidate, and noted theologian John Edwards, Jesus wouldn't think much of the USA:

A few weeks ago, Edwards was forced to dump bloggers Amanda Marcotte and Melissa McEwan from his campaign due to public pressure as a result of their rabidly hostile anti-Christian diatribes. Presumably they weren't the ones who advised him on what Jesus would think of America.

It could be the Breck Girl's conscience is gnawing at him as he sits in his $6 million, 28,000 square foot mansion, paid for with loot expropriated from doctors via bogus lawsuits.

john-edwards-preaching.jpg
If his presidential bid doesn't pan out, maybe Silky Pony will become a preacher.

On a tip from Metalgarth.

Posted by Van Helsing at March 6, 2007 11:13 AM

Comments

"Edwards, in an interview with the Web site Beliefnet.com, said Jesus would be most upset with the selfishness of Americans and the country's willingness to go to war 'when it's not necessary.' "

If he thinks he's got any shot at the white house now, he's delusional. But then again, someone who tries to tell the American people that HE knows what Jesus would think, and that apparently Jesus is a democrat who is disappointed with republicans...well he's delusional anyway.

He should just give up now before looking more foolish. He should take a few tips from Hillary and keep his mouth closed.

Posted by: NudeGayWhalesForJesus at March 6, 2007 11:40 AM

And just HOW would a stinking greedy ambulance-chaser who lives above the lowly serfs in his 23,000 square foot mansion know ANYTHING about Jesus Christ?

What a freaking hypocrite.

Posted by: Jimbo at March 6, 2007 11:57 AM

I'm just glad to know that Jesus, a Middle-Eastern hippie with long hair and flowing robes, preaching about peace, love and understanding would be so welcome among the Conservatives!

Speaking about freaking hypocrites ...

Posted by: durn at March 6, 2007 12:23 PM

durn,

Are you saying your kind would welcome him?

Posted by: NudeGayWhalesForJesus at March 6, 2007 12:37 PM

Boy its as if the U.S. was unique in this regard...

Perhaps he thinks that Cuba is more enlightened?

Posted by: Freedom Now at March 6, 2007 12:52 PM

I think durn's beliefs represents one of the major problems with liberals today. They simply don't understand Conservatives.

It's a shame, they've been taught one thing liberal professors or the elite media or Hollywood, that conservatives are war-mongering evil racists. They will pick a few examples of someone claiming to be a Replublican or Conservative that did a bad thing, and apply that to all Conservatives everywhere, forever.

Meanwhile, back in reality, the vast majority of Conservatives are family-oriented, work-a-day, people who believe in such old-fashioned things as working hard, saving for the future, giving to charities, going to church, raising a family with wholesome principles, etc.

But liberals have some twisted idea that we are somehow the opposite of all that. I think it's a real shame, because I've known some good liberals that I really liked, and once they found out I was a conservative they immediately wanted nothing more to do with me - their old ideas linking all things Republican and Conservative with Watergate, imperialism, racism, big evil businesses...that all kicked in.

I think if liberals could drop their preconceived ideas and actually get to KNOW a few conservatives and understand them, maybe they'd realize they were wrong all those years.

Personally, I really doubt Jesus would want to side with Republicans or Democrats, Conservatives or Liberals. I think he would look at individuals. There's plenty of examples of Jesus hanging out with people that others assumed he would shun, because they did.

I have a feeling that people like durn probably don't know or care, though. It's a shame, I'll bet he could learn something from that "Middle-Eastern hippie".

Posted by: NudeGayWhalesForJesus at March 6, 2007 12:56 PM

I hate people who apply labels to Jesus. He was not a politician. He had some socially conservative views and some socially liberal views.

Posted by: Alex at March 6, 2007 1:02 PM

It's amazing how the liberal trolls can cherry pick attributes about Jesus so they can claim that he is one of his own.

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it." (Matthew 10:34-39 NASB)

Care to provide any scripture that supports your view that Jesus a "hippie with long hair and flowing robes" That's right, you can't. You just made it up.

Moreso than any other figure in the Bible, Jesus demanded repentance for sins and spoke of the reality of hell more than any Old Testament prophet. But when liberals self righteously refer to Jesus they leave all of this out.

Posted by: metalgarth at March 6, 2007 1:05 PM

"Are you saying your kind would welcome him?"

I'm not sure what you mean by 'your kind'. I would welcome him. The conservative party would absolutely, unquestionably not.

"Care to provide any scripture that supports your view that Jesus a "hippie with long hair and flowing robes" "

Did Jesus preach love, peace and brotherhood or not?

Is he depicted *BY THE CHURCH* as having long hair?

Is he depicted *BY THE CHURCH* as wearing flowing robes?

Was he middle-eastern?

My source of information is the church. What is yours?

Posted by: Anonymous at March 6, 2007 1:34 PM

Yeah, that makes sense...

Posted by: Freedom Now at March 6, 2007 1:42 PM

Since you made remarks about Conservatives, I'm sure "your kind" is liberal....easy enough to deduce.

And that's exactly what I meant, are you saying that liberals would welcome him, since you think Conservatives would not?

I believe liberals would NOT welcome him, not in the least. I think they'd do just what they're doing now, banning mention of him in schools, calling his followers hypocrites, etc. And what you say about Conservatives not welcoming him doesn't even make sense. Christians, most of which are conservatives, worship him. Liberals hate him. How on earth do you explain that if the son of God were to show up at your doorstep and say "believe in Me and have everlasting life" that you would welcome him. Are you saying you would convert to Christianity? Are you saying you're already a Christian? Liberals welcome Jesus? When are they going to start?

As far as your other tyrades, I'm not even sure what you're talking about. No one said he wasn't middle eastern. And I personally don't really care what "the church" says, I'm not a follower of "the church".

Another major problem with liberals is that they picture all Christians to be Catholics, and followers of some ancient Roman Catholic tradition of worshipping saints, burning incense, chanting over alters, etc. I couldn't care less how Michael Angelo painted him or any other saints or what color his eyes were. "The Church" as you imagine it is not the authority on God or Jesus or my life.

Your belief that "the church" is some all-encompassing entity that controls the thoughts of all Christians everywhere is what gives you away.

How about looking in the Bible, ever think of that? The Bible doesn't say he had long hair or wore robes, but I'm sure he might have worn robes, I suppose it was common back then. Not that it matters worth a hill of beans.

Posted by: NudeGayWhalesForJesus at March 6, 2007 1:48 PM

Wow, that Anonymous poster is one messed up dude.

I sure wish he'd explain his reasoning instead of just rant. I'd love to hear how he can explain how conservatives absolutely, unquestionably would not welcome Jesus, when most of them do it every day in prayer, and every Sunday in church.

I just don't understand his point of view. Man, explain to us. Please.

Are you saying you WOULD welcome Jesus? Are you saying you'll welcome him into your life right now? I have, man, and I can tell you once you do you won't be the same. The hate will disappear. You won't hate conservatives, or anybody.

Poor guy. You know, there are people walking around every day with messed up lives and messed up ideas. They have sterotyped beliefs on everyone, and they're so full of hate. If only they could see the people INSIDE, instead of seeing a label. That label matches something to them, something bad, and they get all knotted up about that label, and the hate just comes out.

Posted by: Zeigfreid at March 6, 2007 1:59 PM

Anonymous said:

"I would welcome him"

You can welcome him now. Will you do it? You can welcome him into your life right now.

You can pray to him and talk to him. Tell him how you feel. He'll listen.

Posted by: Robert at March 6, 2007 2:03 PM

My source of information on Jesus is this little book called the Bible.

Yes he did preach love and brotherhood, but he did not preach "peace". (Read Matthew 10:34-39 for proof) He came to set matters straight. Love, brotherhood and reconciliation with God were only made possible by his sacrifice on the cross. He took the wrath of God upon himself so that repentant sinners, not necessarily church goers would not have to.

Posted by: metalgarth at March 6, 2007 2:05 PM

I was saying that liberals don't understand Conservatives. But you know, it occurs to me that they don't (or at least that poster doesn't) understand Jesus, either.

They have no idea who He is or what He represents. All they see is a long haired hippy and so they see him as a kindred spirit.

I'll bet they think he smoked a bong, too.

Posted by: NudeGayWhalesForJesus at March 6, 2007 2:40 PM

Perhaps thats why liberals hate Christianity. It says to love your neighbor and our wealthy liberal elite live next door to conservatives.

They couldnt possibly give up their hatred for conservatives...

Posted by: Freedom Now at March 6, 2007 2:50 PM

Actually, I have a few more important things than worrying about presidential primaries, especially this far out from the actual election. However, I don't particularly care for folks invoking my name on the left or the right for pure political gain. My Kingdom is not of this World.

Posted by: Jesus at March 6, 2007 3:04 PM

And if you don't believe me, ask John Edwards, my messenger on earth.

Posted by: Jesus at March 6, 2007 3:08 PM

Hey just in case anyone gets nervous, that wasn't really the Lord. It was me.

Posted by: mahons at March 6, 2007 3:14 PM

The first one.

Posted by: mahons at March 6, 2007 3:16 PM

"I'd love to hear how he can explain how conservatives absolutely, unquestionably would not welcome Jesus, when most of them do it every day in prayer, and every Sunday in church."

Because they pray for some idolized version and wouldn't like him if they actually met him. An Arab with long hair, talking about love and brotherhood with all men. Are you kidding me?

"So the people that worship Jesus wouldnt accept him, but the people who dont believe in Jesus would?"

So liberals (50% of this country) don't believe in Jesus? You have a very skewed view of the world, which explains your misguided leaning towards the Right.

"Yes he did preach love and brotherhood"

And how is this love and brotherhood being manifested by conservatives?

"Anonymous could be a lesson for us all, to stop judging people just because of how they vote, or the color of their skin, or their accent. Man, what a concept."

Yes, and this site clearly demonstrates that the Right is full of posterboys for those ideas! I remind you that the site is called "Moonbattery". I have some choice quotes from it's members, if you need them.

"They couldnt possibly give up their hatred for conservatives..."

Hmmm, again, the site is called "Moonbattery". You guys really don't get irony....

Posted by: durn at March 6, 2007 3:18 PM

dum, you are just digging that hole deeper.
Shall I STICK TO THE TOPIC or answer the claims (50% of americans a Liberals) that you flung out to avoid the topic in typical Liberal fashion?

PS: Jesus was not a "hippie" and hippies only TALKED "peace and love". they HATED anyone who was not exactly like themselves, just like their decendants, the "Liberals". I know this because I survived the hippie era and know a lot of Liberals.

Posted by: KHarn at March 6, 2007 3:37 PM

Let go of the hate, man. Let it go. If you really want to welcome Jesus, you can.

Posted by: Zeigfreid at March 6, 2007 3:37 PM

"And I personally don't really care what "the church" says, I'm not a follower of "the church"."

Good for you!

"Another major problem with liberals is that they picture all Christians to be Catholics, and followers of some ancient Roman Catholic tradition of worshipping saints, burning incense, chanting over alters, etc."

So are you saying the the followers of Catholicism are misguided and not true Christians?

Posted by: durn at March 6, 2007 3:37 PM

I think Edwards realized he alienated Christians by hiring the two dirty-mouthed, Christian-hating, leftist skanks for bloggers. He then alienated the left by firing the two dirty-mouthed, Christian-hating, leftist skanks. So, in a calculating bit of damage control, he now has to try to appease both camps by claiming that Jesus is a dirty-mouthed, Christian-hating, leftist skank.

Posted by: V the K at March 6, 2007 4:05 PM

Dum will keep trying to fan the flames of hatred in the name of love.

How ironic...

Posted by: Freedom Now at March 6, 2007 4:35 PM

Durn - Evil in the defense of evil.

Just like Someone once said (paraphrased); "Before you know it, evil will have a majority of the world believing good is bad and bad is good."

The assimiliation continues.

Posted by: Jimbo at March 6, 2007 5:43 PM

Durn uses the liberal dance moves - shift, twist, dazzle. They apply it to the liberal debate moves: shift, lie, dazzle. All the same to them.

Hey durn, how about actually facing up to the realization that you hate conservatives and you're not quite sure why.

Instead of trying to find some error in our reasoning, look deep into your own self and see what's there. Why do you hate us? Do we scare you? Do we make you feel guilty? Don't pick through our comments looking for some tiny bit to latch onto and say "see, they made this statement that I can take out of context and use to prove they're all evil". Instead, understand that you hate us, but don't even know us.

Posted by: NudeGayWhalesForJesus at March 6, 2007 9:23 PM

Jesus couldn't have had long hair, because flat-tops and buzzcuts were so...stylin' back then. Do you feces-flinging idiots read the pablum that you type before you click on "Post?"

Posted by: skh.pcola at March 6, 2007 10:01 PM

Yeshua: "john who?"

Posted by: nanc at March 6, 2007 10:24 PM

hiccups!

Posted by: nanc at March 6, 2007 10:24 PM

durndum: my mother always said to stay away from hot ironies.

Posted by: nanc at March 6, 2007 10:26 PM

Man I feel so many bad vibes coming from our liberal friends. I wish you folks could just take a deep breath and relax.

Now back to the topic, if this durn fellow really wants to welcome Jesus, let him do it. I say, that's fantastic, man! Welcome aboard! But don't bring us down with your bad attitude about how we can't welcome him, too. He's for all of us.

I don't know what kind of hair Jesus had, guess I just don't care. Do you?

Peace to you, brother.

Posted by: Zeigfreid at March 6, 2007 10:37 PM

Wait, I've got it!

John Edwards, is that you posting as "durn"?

Posted by: NudeGayWhalesForJesus at March 6, 2007 10:45 PM

"I think that Jesus would be disappointed in our ignoring the plight of those around us who are suffering and our focus on our own selfish short-term needs. I think he would be appalled, actually."

He was speaking about himself and his supporters, so what the big deal? Im sure he will be divesting himself of his wealth and moving into a cluster of teepees in a California commune. Then he will urge his fellow rich liberals like Ted Kennedy, Arianna Huffington, John Kerry and 90% of Hollyweird to do the same.....Right? Johnny would be a hippocrite would he?

Posted by: General Jack D. Ripper at March 7, 2007 11:02 AM